ImpulZ

PC 1.0 Release Date Announcement

29 minutes ago, Frank Johansen said:

update was almost done. 1.0 / 1.1 GB

then it restarts again :(

me too...was there two patches?

Got it, search by name and IP. Click to the right of where it reads that, don't click the name. The boxes are the same color as the background.

• Like 1

0.63 FPS was 60 - 70 average

1.0 (0.64) FPS is 30 - 40 average

and server keep disconnecting (no message receive). 

Game Launch Failed. 

Played for about an hour, no problems encountered except very low fps 30-40 when I used to have 70-100, also some stutters but not lag.

Coming from 0.63 to 1.0 my mind is a little blown. The animations, the new control system, the look of everything, and the overall flow of the game is definitely some next level stuff! The zombies brains however are a bit too rotten right now, they can barely enter houses or even catch us. All in all, what this game has grow. Incredible work Devs!

• Beans 1

Ok tried the fix 2 times now nothing. Un-installed and re-installed game nothing.  Loads the game at 20fps then pauses , then goes to 1fps and crashes don't even get to main menu...

9 minutes ago, Kid-TM said:

Ok tried the fix 2 times now nothing. Un-installed and re-installed game nothing.  Loads the game at 20fps then pauses , then goes to 1fps and crashes don't even get to main menu...

Try also restarting Steam if you didn't already. Could be something hardware specific which needs a patch.

I just got the update after this fix and started the game for a bit. It was night on the server. The FPS was OK, maybe a bit lower than usual.

I did experience a couple of lags, then finally after two bigger ones, the game crashed after about 20 mins. Need to check on this again.

The flare lights are weird during night, meaning they uncover some distant objects' silhouettes in the distance. Ticket posted.

I think its NVidia its set to optimal and I cant change it until I get into the menu but cant its set to 1920x1080...game files are not communicating with hardware...

Now can anyone tell me what this file is  !!! File "dz\Worlds\ChernarusPlus\data\scenes\intro.ChernarusPlus\init.c" does not exist... this is whats stopping the game to load

I've un-installed and got rid of all files and re-installed and this is what it said.

Also un-installing GeForce experience it still has the fps issue.

Edited by Kid-TM

22 hours ago, amadieus said:

Yeah, you do not think that it sounds reasonable considering an engine change more then half way through? A change that requires a re-do for most of the animations, features and content.

It seems that you know more about their motivation then the rest of the community. Or perhaps you are just yelling things without any substance?

Its not brain surgery. Who cares for the excuse, they could do an engine change half way through because they had a huge bank roll to do it and were still allowed to sell the over promised unfinished game for years in the state it was.  Clearly they were terribly dishonest with steam and every client not just at the start but for years afterwords and to this day to get this thing into early access. 

Sorry it confuses your fan boi brain, but I can have played this game happily for years, gotten every penny and more out of the investment. And still acknowledge the fundamental dishonesty in the whole project. It is self evident.

Just now, PongoZ said:

Its not brain surgery. Who cares for the excuse, they could do an engine change half way through because they had a huge bank roll to do it and were still allowed to sell the over promised unfinished game for years in the state it was.  Clearly they were terribly dishonest with steam and every client not just at the start but for years afterwords and to this day to get this thing into early access. 

Sorry it confuses your fan boi brain, but I can have played this game happily for years, gotten every penny and more out of the investment. And still acknowledge the fundamental dishonesty in the whole project. It is self evident.

Time to start thinking with your head instead of emotions. I only point out the most logical things, while you are acting like a blind hater.
The game got an engine change due to its huge success and I personally can't even understand in its slightest why anybody would have been against the huge change the game got this year. So you would rather had them finish this game back in 2016'ish on a shitty engine that was not meant for this game? If you call the devs idea to up their ambitions and bring out a brand new engine instead of finishing it with an old outdated engine for this game dishonesty, well then there is no point in continuing this.

19 hours ago, PongoZ said:

It is self evident.

No, it's not.  Stay calm. Be rational. If you can demonstrate that BI acted with deliberate dishonesty to intentionally defraud Steam and clients, show it. - shouting "fan boi" doesn't help your argument, you say yourself you are one and <<have played happily for years and got every penny and more out of the investment>>. So how come you, as a client, made a profit, when the other clients are just ripped-off suckers?    .

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, amadieus said:

Time to start thinking with your head instead of emotions. I only point out the most logical things, while you are acting like a blind hater.
The game got an engine change due to its huge success and I personally can't even understand in its slightest why anybody would have been against the huge change the game got this year. So you would rather had them finish this game back in 2016'ish on a shitty engine that was not meant for this game? If you call the devs idea to up their ambitions and bring out a brand new engine instead of finishing it with an old outdated engine for this game dishonesty, well then there is no point in continuing this.

The game didn't get an engine change because they made money.  It got an engine change because the original one was not capable of doing what they wanted it to do and because they made money off of the DayZ sales it gave them the opportunity to start over with a new engine.  To be fair tho, this should not have been called 1.0.  It's barely even beta material as it stands.  The original alpha that got released had more in it than this does but this version does run way better.

47 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

The game didn't get an engine change because they made money.  It got an engine change because the original one was not capable of doing what they wanted it to do and because they made money off of the DayZ sales it gave them the opportunity to start over with a new engine.  To be fair tho, this should not have been called 1.0.  It's barely even beta material as it stands.  The original alpha that got released had more in it than this does but this version does run way better.

True, it was planned from the start. However, if I am correct, the scope of the engine was increased significantly after the surprisingly huge sales.  I think that is something everybody can agree on. I'm fine with this version we currently have, but there was no reason to call it 1.0. Too buggy and it misses to much things. The Steam Forums have (unsurprisingly) been over-flooded with toxic trolls due to this.

Ok. 1.0, at first sights, it was more than OK. I was even ready to defend bohemia Interactive against anyone as I felt like work has been done on things. 1.0... Was that supposed to be a joke or something ? or did I miss anything ? I even wonder... No troll here, just someone that was busy to prepare some RP server. And that took 4 hours to get his car ready to go, to catch wat whas needed to do stuff. I fucking end in middle of nowhere with a car disapeared with all the planks in it, that took me 2 hours to cut. Means in the end i'm without car (that I took time to repair), without planks and fucking without anything I could have put in the car. Wasnt it supposed to be 1.0, a ready game ? even if like about everything is missing ingame, weren't we supposed to have that small amount of stuff at least working ? WTF is wrong with you Bohemia Interactive ? Why put vehicles if they disapear ? WHAT THE FUCK ?

• Beans 1

I don't know anymore what to tell my friends who were on the fence about this game. Infected (the one mechanic that they have to get right) are bugged out as hell, moving as 2FPS, stuttering, unpredictable, glitchy, and just an complete and utter embarrassment to watch.

That was never a problem, because alpha. Now it's done. What should I tell them? Wait for 2.0?

It was a bad move to call this 1.0 even though I understand why this was necessary.

3 hours ago, marcheur said:

Ok. 1.0, at first sights, it was more than OK. I was even ready to defend bohemia Interactive against anyone as I felt like work has been done on things. 1.0... Was that supposed to be a joke or something ? or did I miss anything ? I even wonder... No troll here, just someone that was busy to prepare some RP server. And that took 4 hours to get his car ready to go, to catch wat whas needed to do stuff. I fucking end in middle of nowhere with a car disapeared with all the planks in it, that took me 2 hours to cut. Means in the end i'm without car (that I took time to repair), without planks and fucking without anything I could have put in the car. Wasnt it supposed to be 1.0, a ready game ? even if like about everything is missing ingame, weren't we supposed to have that small amount of stuff at least working ? WTF is wrong with you Bohemia Interactive ? Why put vehicles if they disapear ? WHAT THE FUCK ?

Welcome to alpha take two, it will be OK in the e end they want it to be also.

4 hours ago, marcheur said:

If you were in a car when the server ended, and were travelling, the car is usually up ahead of where you're standing.   Maybe it's just for you.  Every time I've been driving a car and the server restarted, the car has ALWAYS returned, with all the stuff in it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marcheur said:

WHAT THE FUCK ?

Well - firstly its SUNDAY.. you can force people to work 24/7 but they tend to starve and die, ya know? It doesn't really help in the long run. Try it yourself before you tell other people to do it. Stop acting like a bloody camp guard.
Secondly: This is a GLITCH - it's very VERY unfortunate, but persistence has worked FINE for several YEARS and it will work fine SHORTLY.. Right now there is an intermittent glitch that they are tracking down.
Maybe don't play for a week if you can't stand the STRESS?  - Go play Pokemon.
This is very unfortunate, no one knows it better than BI, but it aint worth foaming at the mouth & losing your HAIR over it.

You do have HAIR, right ?

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

This is a GLITCH - it's very VERY unfortunate, but persistence has worked FINE for several YEARS and it will work fine SHORTLY..

Your definition of "fine" is a little off. Loot explosions, corrupt files or several patches were persistence was forced off. It was also most likely the reason for more then a few server crashes over the years.

I do agree with your core statement though. Chill people, 1.0 is out and we still got a long road ahead. Except for some server crashes and disappearing base stuff its relatively playable.

26 minutes ago, -=maverick=- said:

Loot explosions, corrupt files or several patches were persistence was forced off.

So, how many times a year did you hang yourself when they turned off persistence for an update? Are you still alive?  Still playing? And yes they installed a cross server loot economy and messed with it to produce different effects.. we know that.. Mainly, bit by bit, they have made it a hell of a lot easier to get military gear and guns and ammo.. but that's just catering to the no-brain kids who whine the most. That's not a decision I'd make myself,  but if you sell to the lowest common denominator you make the most money, you can hardly say its "incompetence". 
Any changes to an ongoing live game is going to cause plenty of folk to fill their diapers and scream.

"don't get attached to your gear". That used to be a KNOWN saying and standard advice to beginners.

So what changed?  The game got easier, nothing else.

My point was, do not call something "fine" when its not and never was. This has nothing to do with me being still alive or whatever you are trying to tell me right now. Do you know how much fun it is to tell players why their base stuff disappeared, over and over and over and over again? And dont you even think about argumenting with backups, we cant monitor our servers 24/7 to restore backups asap, so other players wont be mad because they looted and built stuff after the crash.

Edit: typo

Edited by -=maverick=-
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, -=maverick=- said:

Do you know how much fun it is to tell players why their base stuff disappeared, over and over and over and over again?

no  - How much fun is it ?

How long have you been having fun telling players "over and over and over again" their base stuff disappeared ??  - ever since 1.0 ?? ..  wow... that must be years and years and years    ..   and what has bases disappearing got to do with <<loot explosions or several patches>> ?? 

Anyone who thinks base-building/persistance is working THIS WEEK is a bloody Loony.  Instead of howling - why not do something useful - for instance spend your blog-time complaining to MICROSOFT about Windows 10. That took MONTHS (more than a year?) to even START to work half-correctly, and it aint there yet. Shout at them and abuse them about it, maybe they'll work faster? 

You ever wondered that MAYBE this persistence glitch has something to do with an update to the server OS platform itself ?  (could be?)  I'll bet BI devs are spending 100% more time finding the glitch and developing a solid solution than you are.   They were still on it late Friday night.. maybe they are still there this Sunday?  You'll be the first to know.

It's a pisser for everybody - We all KNOW THAT.. So do you have any help to offer ?

Edited by pilgrim*
devs don't set company policy IMO
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, kopo79 said:

is there today some livestream by devs?

yes there was , that's all i can say about that.

I can say they gave away a dayz tee shirt but ask  don't cut it up state away.

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob
spelling