ImpulZ

Stable Update 0.63.149525

Just comparing notes:

1. This is the second time that I build a Watch Tower and cannot climb it afterwards. After the 3rd floor started to get built (not finished), I logged out, came back a day after that, and now I cant climb the stairs anymore. Annoying.

2. Hammers and Hacksaws cannot be fixed.

3. After using a tool too much and it gets ruined (hammer or hatchet for example) - my character get's stuck in the action position and I lose control of it. Only left-right-clickity-click solves it, or re-logging.

4. Sawing off planks is a mess, they should just pile up together to a full 20 pcs stack automatically, next to my character.

5. Had a lag (probably) while placing a barrel inside my car, then it disappeared, the next time I check the trunk - it was there again but I can't take it out anymore.

6. My car keeps hitting me when I exit it, or when any player just bumps into it. When zombies run towards the car while it's parked with the engine running, when they bump into it they get launched to the air 20-30 meters high, some landed on the roof top of the next building. Was funny and saved me the efforts to clean the street. But should fixed anyway.

7. No fuel consumption - I filled the car with the slightest possible amount of gas and was able to drive from Bugatyrka > Lopatino > Vaviovo > NWAF > Pustoshka >Zelenogorsk > Kamenka > and back north to Myshkino's Lumber Mill. Fuel meter did not change at all. This is our 3rd fixed car, all of them drive with zero consumption.

8. Gas stations works! Don't throw away your Jerrycans.

9. Smoking car - I finally figured it out - the Radiator can be filled with water. You just need to aim precisely on it's knob, and It takes 4 full canteens of water to make it stop smoking.

10. For all those who are complaining about the car (ADA) not able to climb up on dirt roads - Use the Turbo button, (default "Left Shift") - it will give you a boost.

11. Trucks can't drive up even the slightest inclined road. Seems to broken, unless I'm doing it wrong.

12. When driving and using 1PP view, car sounds are muted.

13. After chopping down a tree, if I drag the wooden logs (stack of 4) to my inventory, they are added 1 by 1. If I just "Take" the pile (using F) - they go inside as a full pack of 4.

14. After returning to the lumber yard with my car (see trip from section 7), zombies started to run towards the car and die instantly, then my game crashed. (Windows app error). So I logged back to my game and my character spawned in the air ~30m high. Of course, I was not able to do anything but watch myself fall down to my death...and *splat*. A nice ending for the road trip anyway.

15. I added some water to a barrel with a water bottle. It showed that it contains less than 1% water, but I couldn't fill it up anymore or empty it, so it's stuck in this state. Did anyone try this? is it functional in the current build? Can barrels accumulate rain water if left empty and open ?

16.  You can't place tents over 90% of the concrete in built areas, anywhere. Also, placing a tent in the wild is also a pain, either there's a tiny slope or a bush - you can't place anything. Trees can't be remove even when chopped so you can't make proper ground for camps in the best areas in the map.

17. Stone oven is broken, but looks very cool! I had to jog to a place (quite distant) with rocks, mine 16 rocks, and jog back to the camp. We made 2 fire pits: One with rocks (upgraded), and a Stove Oven, we could not light any of them. We removed the stones - it got lit up with no problems at all. Also - Fire Pits with stones should not de-spawn, especially stove ovens. All this effort was a waste of time.

Suggestions:

1. We need the ability to craft nails. Maybe it's time to put some use into those machines in the lumber yards, by plugging a power cord from the generator & feeding them metal sheets to craft nails?

2. Fencing - Although I admire the progress, placing fences should be done by a "Free Tool / Custom Fence" and not a "Fixed width fence". It's very hard to find a proper spot to place the fence, and your character needs 2m distance between it and the desired fence location, if you want to be able to place it there.

3. Shelters / Closed Quarters - Would be really nice (and logic) to be able to build something that will keep our characters dry and warm and fluffy when it's cold and rains. (Maybe add the ability to build the 4th wall of 1st level in the tower and craft a door for it. (door recipe could be 6 planks+metal wire).

4. You should make a new Server Rule: If there's anything built by a player in a given area - zombies should not spawn there. They should spawn normally only after 3-4 days, a week, 40 days of inactivity, I don't know, but if we took over a place and built it up and everything is closed tight - finding zombies in your tents and below the watchtower when you log-in is a little bit absurd.

Love this game, keep up the good work !

• Beans 2

Tarkules, can you tell me exactly HOW you added water to the barrel? Can't get an action prompt for this standing in front of a barrel with a full bottle in my hand..

Devs are like: We need to bring that 1.0 this year!

Players: Tons of bugs, no persistance, no fun

Also devs: xmulu1f6urt11.jpg

Edited by walnussbaum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 3

14 minutes ago, prozop said:

Tarkules, can you tell me exactly HOW you added water to the barrel? Can't get an action prompt for this standing in front of a barrel with a full bottle in my hand..

Just how you described it - Held a bottle of water, aimed for the barrel and a "Pour Liqiud" showed up. I thought I just poured it on the ground by accident but it went straight to the barrel.

There is a slot inside the barrel for "Lime", I remember putting it there but can't remember if it was before or after the water part, it didn't work, anyway. Pool sheep, killed for nothing... :)

I wonder if a thing that game before it was brought to stable seemed to be pretty kool means anything. As it got to stable it really got a lot worse by many issues. I wonder if it is just a thing of porting from one branch to another and is about to settle down soon ? Because essentially there are just way too many issues. I remember that before it has gone to stable I really believed in good and stable basic gameplay loop, but as it hit stable it was not good. 

P.S. 4mills of sales and there wasn't a bit of licensing involved ? I am talking about the name changes. I actually don't care about the names being changed. But the fact that there were no effort in licensing is more than worrrying, it shows the attitude towards the game of this company, of the big heads. 

Edited by Mantasisg

32 minutes ago, Mantasisg said:

I wonder if a thing that game before it was brought to stable seemed to be pretty kool means anything. As it got to stable it really got a lot worse by many issues. I wonder if it is just a thing of porting from one branch to another and is about to settle down soon ? Because essentially there are just way too many issues. I remember that before it has gone to stable I really believed in good and stable basic gameplay loop, but as it hit stable it was not good. 

P.S. 4mills of sales and there wasn't a bit of licensing involved ? I am talking about the name changes. I actually don't care about the names being changed. But the fact that there were no effort in licensing is more than worrrying, it shows the attitude towards the game of this company, of the big heads. 

Some bugs sadly just appears after a lot of players do some workload on the servers. Nonetheless our DayZ devs are not shining in development. Even yet, after releasing beta, this game is full of bugs already existed 1-3 major updates before. ("New Engine; Everything better; Lot of fixes ...")

The bigheads? They gaveup dayz a long time ago, I suspect. Just look at Vigor, DayZ 2.0 with all their ideas and stuff done 2 times better. The actual strategy is to farm some money in Xbox sales, and that's so sad. And it makes me angry. It isn't like dayz is a shitty game, just its maintenance is cruel and the worst ever been seen on a "Big title". Even EA does more to satisfy their community in maintaining.

Edited by walnussbaum
  • Beans 1

List of things I've encountered, that should be addressed:

1. Can't remove attachments or magazines from my AKM, and in one instance I placed it down and upon trying to pick it up, I couldn't. Had to log to fix it.

2. The Lada sways opposite the direction of travel when getting into first gear or reverse, creating negative momentum that makes minor hills into car traps.

3. I'm starting to believe wetness is a thing with roads, and very minor grades, even whilst on-road become impassible. 1st gear needs to be far more 'torquey' and the rain shouldn't be presented as ice.

4. My group lost 4 car tents, 2 civilian tents, 6 buried stashes and 3 barrels on Sunday morning in some kind of persistence wipe - some of these items were in place and persistent for multiple weeks. Our car, fortunately, was not lost.

5. The M4 loses sound after the first couple shots and doesn't come back after a relog. My silenced AKM doesn't appear to have this problem.

6. Still can't unbox headlight bulbs.

7. If you make lateral contact with certain angles of the Lada, you’re launched into the air.

8. Prior to the persistence wipe, the camo netting would occasionally visually detach itself from the car tent.

9. Watched zombie ‘wander’ right through the front door of the two-story green house I was in.

Suggestions:

- There needs to be a way to fix can openers, and other small tools - that, or they need to last longer. I counted 7 cans on a pristine can opener before it was ruined.

- The splitting ax basically loses an entire status level for each tree you chop.. this is just silly. 

- The headlights on the Lada are ABYSMALLY underpowered. While I can appreciate the value of not advertising my location at night with bright lights, a high/low beam would be sweet. In the back country and especially off-road, or when driving in any gear higher than 2 the short beam length is problematic. Maybe bind it to the same Semi/Auto toggle key as the M4.

- Fuel consumption needs to be fixed. Having unlimited fuel by simply never shutting off the car is nice, but it kills immersion and makes it harder to drive the car into sensitive areas if you can't shut it off (if you're out of fuel and wouldn't be able to restart it). It takes almost as much time to run out of fuel as it does to refill the jerry can.

Questions I have to the community:

- Does motor oil do anything? (I've had one car with motor oil and one without, and there didn't appear to be a difference)

- Are weapon flashlights not in game?

- Is there a trick to the headlamp or does it still not work? I can turn it on in my hands but can’t do anything else with it.

- Is the fireplace hearth in-game yet? The fireplace has a slot for stones, but I can’t seem to use the pickax for acquiring stones yet.

Edited by Mr Jizz
  • Beans 1

NONE of the weapons I shoot make noise (I mean come on)

ALL vehicles I've found are floating and go crazy when you get in them. (completely broken, really annoying)

Obviously, you can destroy a base that took 12 hours to build in 2 minutes (completely broken, really annoying)

Guns getting stuck in hands (have to relog)

MAGS WILL NOT COME OUT OF GUNS UNLESS YOU HAVE ANOTHER MAG TO SWAP IT (fairly annoying)

Persistance base building saving is broken - sometimes its saves sometimes it dont. Tents and other things disapear after a few days. Broken.

Sounds still Alpha to me.

Edited by ChawDinky
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 3

-Still can’t see at night regardless of light sources or blinded by light sources.

-Chronic raining or night is overkill.  When it rains and is nighttime, I log off.

-What happened to all the weapons in Alpha?  So many missing the .22 Rifle, .357 Magnum, Double Barrel Shotgun, Baseball Bat to name a few.

- Where is the frying pan or better yet why can’t I craft a fishing pole with long stick and rope?  Furthermore, no fishing rods, steel fishing hooks, like there used to be.  I am surprised there aren’t more choices and things to do with crafting, actually it seems like there is a lot less content choices in crafting or much of the stuff does not seem to work.   Even crafting a bow would not work.  I find even with a axe or blade, I can’t chop several bushes.

-Seen the floating vehicles and laughed

-The disease, sickness and cold effects not working.

-Had players shoot at me and the gunfire could not be heard or the shots were delayed so much with the lag, by the time you could react your dead.

-Had zombies warp all over the place and surround you with a teleporting like quality, that your dead before you can do anything.

-magazines and attachements not being able to be removed from improvised suppressors, rail attachements and etc.  

-weapon optics like combat sights don’t work even when you use batteries and when in certain positions like prone or looking down sights like on Mosin in certain positions you can’t see, especially when you point from up above to downward or trying to fire through windows.

-can the game at least have some intro music at loading screen?

-applied bandages or rags to no effect at stopping bleeding.

-hunted big game animals and delays in effects of items dropping when skinning.

-when skinning a player all the items disappear.

-zombies when outside warp into buildings or are half bodied into the floor of building.

-silencers not working properly and still attracting hordes of zombies.

-item get’s stuck in hands and have to restart.

-9V batteries displaying as invisible in item storage.

-opening a door can trap you in a corner and you get stuck.

-can’t sharpen a stone or throw as a distraction as noted.

-need better holster choices, why aren’t there waist belts, having a item in your web belt, vest or pack and constantly having it shift around is annoying, why can’t you lock certain items in place?  Furthermore, magazine groupings, should have a easier access reload system.

-melee weapons dull or damage to quickly.

-where are the weapon flashlights?

-what is the point in building bases again, I generally never see a point in it?

-hair clips for certain bigger hair types thru all the headwear.

-the guns when they fire sound like cap guns, give me some balls with noise with a shotgun come on now, we want a boomstick.   The guns sound like toys when’s they fire.

-couldn’t put backpacks in trunk of the ADA

-firefighter outfits, raincoats and gear that is supposed to be water resistant, items are still getting wet or soaked when stored in the gear.

-shotgun slugs when mixed in chamber with buckshot does no damage and appears the slug shot goes thru the zombies body, it seems to carry with the buckshot and both are effected.

Edited by Tigerhaswood
More info
  • Beans 1

My main gripes (all public hive):

1. The game (at least as I'm playing it) has huge fps drops and lags. I've verified local files several times and even reinstalled. But even PvE is pretty touch and go in this context, while PvP is just not a go-er. 

2. Persistence of anything is completely hit and miss. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or (as I've complained before) if specific servers just get wiped.

3. It is very, very easy to die to zeds. If (say) you're in a tight enclosed spot, they will glitch through the walls, or just spawn right on top of you. And your gun will not work at all in such a spot because of the new mechanics. 

4. Night is just unplayable. Even travelling is not possible. 

5. I just don't like the new UI, although I understand it's more realistic. The disappearing vicinity window is a serious pain. 

6. Weapons bugs - especially the magazine problem, sounds and suppressors, are pretty annoying. 

5. Don't even get me going on vehicles. I think they're bullet magnets in any case, but...

All in all, I'm hanging in there. It's not easy though. Each time I get geared and get a base going, I die to a bug. Or to some asshole, but that's par for the course with a big patch.

Edited by Mookie (original)
  • Beans 1

Yes...way too much bugs and missing content.

In july they said that diseases and cold effects are coming back...so its almost december.

Tested yesterday...still pve doesnt give you anything.

What about farming?...we are not gonna see it this year i believe.

• Beans 1

List of things I've encountered, that should be repaired:

1:Guns,Items stuck in hands( you can repair that by pressing G trying to use animations there is chance items will dissapears or reloging).

2:Wiped bases my bases (tents, walls etc... dissapears after every crash/restart) so i lose many items with that from start of stress test with bases i got this problem and still didnt repaired

3:Cant remove items from car i hide barrel in trunk and cant remove it

4:Magazines and scopes stuck in weapons

5:Car work like a jump boost and touch car doors and i got ejected 100 m into air and died 

6:Zombies run through the doors even if they closed

7:Sounds of cars doesnt work

8: Shooted doesnt hear his own shoots sounds if you shoot svd everyone hear you shoot but you didnt hear anything 

9:Stucking Animations only relog or using other animations can repair blocked animation

10:You can use car without sparkplug

11:Teleporting zombies

12: Can go on stairs of builded things on wall stair od watchtower.

Sorry for my bad english 

• Beans 1

On 2018-12-02 at 2:07 AM, djkatt said:

List of things I've encountered, that should be repaired:

1:Guns,Items stuck in hands( you can repair that by pressing G trying to use animations there is chance items will dissapears or reloging).

2:Wiped bases my bases (tents, walls etc... dissapears after every crash/restart) so i lose many items with that from start of stress test with bases i got this problem and still didnt repaired

3:Cant remove items from car i hide barrel in trunk and cant remove it

4:Magazines and scopes stuck in weapons

5:Car work like a jump boost and touch car doors and i got ejected 100 m into air and died 

6:Zombies run through the doors even if they closed

7:Sounds of cars doesnt work

8: Shooted doesnt hear his own shoots sounds if you shoot svd everyone hear you shoot but you didnt hear anything 

9:Stucking Animations only relog or using other animations can repair blocked animation

10:You can use car without sparkplug

11:Teleporting zombies

12: Can go on stairs of builded things on wall stair od watchtower.

Sorry for my bad english 

1. Fixed on exp

2. Known issue with some server crashes. Devs working on fixing the crashes while a few private server owners have come up with reliable backup systems that restore persistence after a crash.

3. Known issue, hopefully fixed soon. Moving barrels impractical otherwise due to slow walk...

4. Fixed on exp

5. Known issue, lots of videos showcasing it. Dunno if it was fixed on exp or not, haven't met anyone who bothered to put a car together there...

6. Fixed on exp

7. Fixed on exp

8. Fixed on exp

9. I have not encountered this in this build, must either be rare or due to corrupted data

10. First time I hear about this, known issue?

11. Fixed on exp

12. Fixed on exp according to changelog, though I haven't found a base on exp. Don't think many are interested in making the effort on exp servers since it takes so much time, I might give it a try this weekend if the patch is not pushed to stable today or tomorrow.

Edited by Beavis3D

2 hours ago, Beavis3D said:

1. Fixed on exp

2. Known issue with some server crashes. Devs working on fixing the crashes while a few private server owners have come up with reliable backup systems that restore persistence after a crash.

3. Known issue, hopefully fixed soon. Moving barrels impractical otherwise due to slow walk...

4. Fixed on exp

5. Known issue, lots of videos showcasing it. Dunno if it was fixed on exp or not, haven't met anyone who bothered to put a car together there...

6. Fixed on exp

7. Fixed on exp

8. Fixed on exp

9. I have not encountered this in this build, must either be rare or due to corrupted data

10. First time I hear about this, known issue?

11. Fixed on exp

12. Fixed on exp according to changelog, though I haven't found a base on exp. Don't think many are interested in making the effort on exp servers since it takes so much time, I might give it a try this weekend if the patch is not pushed to stable today or tomorrow.

2. Can anyone actually explain how these files are being backed up by "a few private server owners" I'm tired of explaining that this is not my server's issue but a update issue.

2 hours ago, Beavis3D said:

11. Fixed on exp

Zombies still teleport on EXP -- saw one today that actually sort of teleported twice -- fast walked about 100m away from me and then bam... was instantly standing next to me hitting me.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

Zombies still teleport on EXP -- saw one today that actually sort of teleported twice -- fast walked about 100m away from me and then bam... was instantly standing next to me hitting me.

Oh blubber, haven't seen that happen at all. I guess that happens due to some server lag hiccup, so whenever the server throws a fit I guess it can happen?

1 hour ago, phatbank said:

2. Can anyone actually explain how these files are being backed up by "a few private server owners" I'm tired of explaining that this is not my server's issue but a update issue.

This is all greek to me, but whatever magic it is works well on the Dayzcore server. Nobody has lost anything lately. They're using CFTools: https://omegax.cftools.de/

Edited by Beavis3D

13h Dez. 1.0 release = that is a disaster ... I am surprised that the developers can still sleep peacefully

1 hour ago, Steffen Vo said:

13h Dez. 1.0 release = that is a disaster ... I am surprised that the developers can still sleep peacefully

They sleep peacefully on your salty tears. I'm sorry I just had to. The devil made me do it. Cheer up though, no matter what they call this at release it will eventually be a great game IMHO. Cheers!

They sleep peacefully on your salty tears. I'm sorry I just had to. The devil made me do it. Cheer up though, no matter what they call this at release it will eventually be a great game IMHO. Cheers!

Do you play another dayz?
- So if the developers get that fixed with the bases, barrels, tents continue to disappear.
- the nights are no longer black and you can see something again even if you drive a car and so on
- the time problem is solved after the server restart
and a few "little things". where the first 3 are the most important then I am the same opinion as you.
I think it will be tight until the 13th of dec. and in this condition no good advertisement for the game. My server was initially full with 60 people is almost empty. 4-6 players on average.

I have mentioned this only because there is already a release date and the last patch was terrible.

sorry for my bad englisch...Finally it becomes clear or is dayz a great game only currently it makes no fun.

Edited by Steffen Vo

When will server IL 2-3 be back up you guys have 2 IL 2-13 servers up which makes no sense on stable IL 2-3 was a popular server for ppl near chicago northwest etc!!!!

Edited by Geno Sinatra
Spell correction

The fog is another mindless exaggeration, in reality you don't have always that much/strong/heavy fog when it's raining. That's absolutly indicative for the responsibel devs, no middle may, no reasonable choices anymore.  Just another annoying killjoy. 

Edited by Sharplooter

4 hours ago, Sharplooter said:

The fog is another mindless exaggeration, in reality you don't have always that much/strong/heavy fog when it's raining. That's absolutly indicative for the responsibel devs, no middle may, no reasonable choices anymore.  Just another annoying killjoy. 

Since you posted this in the Stable branch patch, in this version at least, the weather is easily tweakable with the init.c file.  Server owners can disable fog completely if they want by setting all the fog values in the weather section of that file to 0.0 or if they wanted a bit of fog for example, set the maximum to 0.2 maybe (meaning the amount of fog would vary between 0% and 20% in that case).  You can set it to rain without having fog as well or set all values to 0.0 for a crystal clear blue sky, for example.

Now, I'm assuming these configurations will still be the case in the next stable patch, which I guess will be 1.0 in less than 24 hours from this post.  I know the experimental patch notes have said they've tweaked the weather, but since we haven't had a server file update in a while, I don't know if the mechanisms of the weather have changed.