ImpulZ

Stable Update 0.63.149525

Hello Survivors,

We have a new update coming to the Stable branch. :)

This update will also be available for the Server Files and Modding Tools. Please be aware that some official and community servers might take longer to update their server to the new version.

If you are experiencing a compile error, please go to the DayZ folder in your documents and delete the XML files you find there.

Patchnotes:

ADDED:

• Added: Reworked vehicle physics
  • Added: Improvements to vehicles simulation
  • Added: Minor improvement to IK poses
  • Added: Minor improvements to heavy hit animations
  • Added: Animations for drop item in different stances
  • Added: Upon reconnect items with changed size (design tweaks) are now dropped on the ground if not enough space in the inventory

FIXED:

• Fixed: Invisible items after being dropped during gestures
  • Fixed: VOIP directional sounds not working properly on 5.1 and 7.1 setups
  • Fixed: Character falling from tilted ladders
  • Fixed: Infected getting stuck in crouch animation
  • Fixed: Engines not shutting down after being destroyed
  • Fixed: Multitude of environmental issues (missing collisions, sudden LOD changes, models adjustments)
  • Fixed: Various client/server errors related to in-game actions
  • Fixed: Tachometer (rpm gauge) displayed incorrectly while gear in neutral position
  • Fixed: Missing cooking sounds
  • Fixed: Smoke from indoor fireplace not escaping through chimney
  • Fixed: Restrained character not dying after disconnecting
  • Fixed: Fixed a VME message, that could pop up on some clients upon launch and crash them.

TWEAKED:

• Tweaked: Vehicles sounds
  • Tweaked: Ambient sounds
  • Tweaked: Sounds of jammed weapons
  • Tweaked: Sound of eating pills action
  • Tweaked: Changes to input system (not yet ready)
  • Tweaked: Changes to chem-light models when activated

Launcher

• Fixed: Crash when the author of a subscribe mod wasn't correctly retrieved
  • Fixed: The URL of the workshop was incorrect in some places
  • Removed: skipIntro startup parameter (no longer supported)

Known Issues:

• guns losing their shot sounds
  • melee attacks always heavy, unless stamina is depleted
  • players are able to walk through bases built before the update, and have no access to manipulating them
  • Beans 7

I'm confused, the experimental branch was patched and it introduced more bugs... but now instead of getting that stable then pushing it to Stable Branch... you're patching the Stable Branch with different patches than the ones on Experimental??

Am I totally misunderstanding what's happening here? or do you guys just not do standard patch/test/validate/publish work flow?

What's the point of an experimental branch if you're not using it to validate patches for stable? What's the point of patching stable with untested patches??

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 minute ago, Lt.Master said:

https://i.imgur.com/xFGnse1.jpg

And I did the verify game integrety thing (sorry don't know the name in english)... I Will be back if I see a way to fix that !

delete all xml files in folder my documents\dayz

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, Gizda said:

delete all xml files in folder my documents\dayz

this happens when i launch my server. not client

1 minute ago, Lt.Master said:

https://i.imgur.com/xFGnse1.jpg

And I did the verify game integrety thing (sorry don't know the name in english)... I Will be back if I see a way to fix that !

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

If you are experiencing a compile error, please go to the DayZ folder in your documents and delete the XML files you find there.

3 minutes ago, RealShu said:

this happens when i launch my server. not client

Are your server Vanilla ? (If no, try to set at default..without mods).

@NonovUrbizniz (DayZ) DayZ stay on Beta (Alpha++)... this means Bug fixing... step by step by step ....

Edited by Sqeezorz

No tweaks on diseases or coldness?

Any fixes on persistence or headtorches?

One question:what is purpose on rags?...

It feels like my character never bleeding?

Players now clip through the stairs on basebuilding watchtowers and cannot get to any of the upper levels.

Well, I had an empty backpack and some pieces of paper laying around on the ground just before the patch. Patched my client, logged back into server (after it went offline prior to my patching) and the backpack and paper was still there. That is encouraging for persistence, at least. Placed items seem to have survived a client and server patch and restart.

EDIT: I've had packs survive server restarts; however, I just came back to the empty pack (later, with some paper and a suppressor in it). It is gone after about 8 hours.

Edited by Rammit (DayZ)

Can't build bases now. All materials in their correct base slot, hammer equipped in the hand. I'm prompted to build the wall, but when I hold RMB, nothing happens.

Can't remove AK or M4 mags (didn't test other ARs) from the weapon, can only switch them for other mags using COMBINE. Switching pistol mags seem to be working fine.

It's now possible to clip through player-made walls.

Removed a camonet from a previously built wall, and the wall went back to it's inicial deployed fence kit state. Placed some materials in it and it instantly went back to the final built state, not using any of the materials.

Is there going to be any just day time servers because I love playing the game until it turns into night time then I can’t stand it because it’s impossible to see 

Water pumps are also missing from the map, specifically the one in Nadezhindo, the one to the south of Nadezhindo and the water pump on the western coast of Elektrozavodsk.

1 hour ago, NonovUrbizniz (DayZ) said:

I'm confused, the experimental branch was patched and it introduced more bugs... but now instead of getting that stable then pushing it to Stable Branch... you're patching the Stable Branch with different patches than the ones on Experimental??

Am I totally misunderstanding what's happening here? or do you guys just not do standard patch/test/validate/publish work flow?

What's the point of an experimental branch if you're not using it to validate patches for stable? What's the point of patching stable with untested patches??

Yea me 2 wtf? dont be patching stable with random untested patched all willy nilly wtf...your going to introduce a game breaking bug and its going to kill the population of this game again...this is why i cant recommend my friend buy this game.

i think the base building system in the stable branch servers are messed up. i can "destroy" the walls and everything from outside and not inside... so i guess you need to place the walls in the wrong direction now? and if they fix it you have to destroy the whole base and build it again?

Quite a hassle, now any security measure is basically useless, seems like the game isn't really rendering the fact that the walls exist, as you just get stuck, and then the game puts you about where you should be if there wasn't a wall...can't phase through the fences if there is something solid behind it, such as a door, or a wall..

Maybe the removal of some water pumps is intended? I would not be against to remove some actually. There quite a lot around, especially when you know where to find them.

On another note: I know it is game development, but it is pretty annoying to see new bugs every patch, especially with December coming closer and closer. Because, I do really hope we get a nice stable 1.0 release.

Edited by amadieus

I do not see much sense to have an experimental branch if all the bugs that appear there remain in the stable patch, it seems that we will have another week with gunsound issue and when there is no information if the persistence was fixed, I do not see any sense in trying to repair a car that will be gone in a few minutes, even with the great improvement of physics, I have not even tried to make a base for the same reason, I'm dying to have a car and a base, but with each patch those important things seem to stay the same, anyway I'll keep playing when you release a patch to try to help find bugs :(

I love you guyZ

Edited by radamantyz
  • Like 2

Can confirm base building broken, current watch tower stairs are broken... also when cutting bushes no sticks drop and cutting trees is in a endless loop... 

Edited by Shockley
add in
  • Sad 2