Hello guys,

We are pushing out the latest Experimental update with two changes:

• map color pallette changes

Before:

EPtjbLh.jpg

After:

iC9yPjG.jpg

• ghillie color/shaders changes

Whole team is working hard on 0.63 update and Gamescom demo/video/organisation so we are super busy. I hope we will see you there :).

Status report: https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-25-july-2017

And don't eat bugs, here is a better place for them: https://feedback.bistudio.com/

04d35f673da492837167862bfb79e7dbbc92f91a

• Like 19

1 minute ago, atempleton@live.com.au said:

Any pictures to show the differences?

Before

EPtjbLh.jpg

After

iC9yPjG.jpg

• Like 6

When is that Gamescon event? Will you show new build publicly?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Before

EPtjbLh.jpg

After

iC9yPjG.jpg

Oh that is beautiful. I just jumped in game and this forest looks so much nicer now, doesn't look so cartoonish. :)

• Like 5

I'm glad you managed to get rid of the dark shadows on ghillie that made them somewhat useless.

Now, however, being in sunlight now makes them a glowing lightbulb...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/843715381560007889/51260D9550D7DD030A8A4C49265D95FB4D81E7F4/

This screenshot dosen't do the shinyness fully credit. I saw my ghillie friend come running at me from 150 meters away in a dense forest, glowing like a small sun.

This is the woodland ghillie, btw.

Edited by Xaop
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Xaop said:

I'm glad you managed to get rid of the dark shadows on ghillie that made them somewhat useless.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/843715381560007889/51260D9550D7DD030A8A4C49265D95FB4D81E7F4/

This screenshot dosen't do the shinyness fully credit. I saw my ghillie friend come running at me from 150 meters away in a dense forest, glowing like a small sun.

Go to https://feedback.bistudio.com/ and report the bug mate! 

• Like 4

Don't do bugs, children. Bugs are bad mkay.

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

When is that Gamescon event? Will you show new build publicly?

It's I believe the 20th august to the 24th of august. They will show/let you play a limited demo of 0.63.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Xaop said:

that was also before it was bugged. it is good that is that bright because woodland is not for forest but for green open fields. it even works there pretty good sometimes... *facepalm*

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lollys90 said:

that was also before it was bugged. it is good that is that bright because woodland is not for forest but for green open fields. it even works there pretty good sometimes... *facepalm*

Ah yes, this is clearly how a ghillie should look *facepalm* back at you.

kek.jpg
image uploader

• Like 1

oh right, and do you see the trees? this is how trees should look like and not like in dayZ... briliant... comparing a simulator with real life... back to you.

If you are not able to use a ghilie, pls try more....

EDIT:

v2pWOAN.jpg
logically you should not use something bright wearing to dark contrast. rule #2 in ghillie using

try to use it more effectiv or make it mossy if you want to walk through darker places. woodland is not for woodland although it is the name but it is the same with a flashbang, you only recognize the bang and no flash so dont lean so much on a name but more on its really effect in this game, ghillie tan is good for the old big cornfields. woodland for green open fields and mossy for woodland.

EDIT2:
hope you could see my little editing of your picture. if no, then you see how a ghillie works usually (here in a bad situation).

Edited by Lollys90
  • Like 2

Xaop, you need to use black spraypaint on your woodland ghillie suit to get the mossy ghillie suit. Because the woodland ghillie suit is not for forests, but the mossy ghillie suit. This has nothing to do with a bug.

Edited by cari
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, cari said:

Xaop, you need to use black spraypaint on your woodland ghillie suit to get the mossy ghillie suit. Because the woodland ghillie suit is not for forests, but the mossy ghillie suit. This has nothing to do with a bug.

You know....I have never assumed there was an option to spray paint the ghillie...nice!

Would like that same option for ANY fabric...but still...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lollys90 said:

logically you should not use something bright wearing to dark contrast. rule #2 in ghillie using

try to use it more effectiv or make it mossy if you want to walk through darker places. woodland is not for woodland although it is the name but it is the same with a flashbang, you only recognize the bang and no flash so dont lean so much on a name but more on its really effect in this game, ghillie tan is good for the old big cornfields. woodland for green open fields and mossy for woodland.

EDIT2:
hope you could see my little editing of your picture. if no, then you see how a ghillie works usually (here in a bad situation).

DayZ ghillies went something like this in the previous .62 patches

Woodland was used for fields and grass patches

Tan was used for dirt, hay bales, and areas with dead grass

Mossy was used for pine trees and dense, dark forests.

^ First image is the old ghillie, isn't a good area for it. Would be a good area for mossy. Second image is of the new "woodland" ghillie which fits the environment better, but in fields none of the ghillies can be used properly.

The new mossy ghillie is great for what it should be used for, this is the full suit without a hood on the edge of a pine tree.

The issue with the new ghillies is that they are too dark. I honestly think it would be best to keep the first .62 woodland ghillie, the second .62 tan ghillie, and the third .62 mossy ghillie for the best combo in grass.

Does anyone else have a woodland gun wrap that looks bright yellow in the shadows?

It looks fine in the inventory screen and in outdoor sunlight:

JJCLKE8.png

mKUtWSb.jpg

...but it looks bright in shadows and indoors:

7jqyL0N.jpg

15PB7fB.jpg

My whole ghillie getup was made before the patch and stored in a barrel. Post-patch, the gun wrap was very dark green (bugged) in outdoor shadows, but then the server I was on reset and the wrap changed to this bright yellow. I might create a new getup, paint it, and see if it fixes it. Then again, maybe it's just my installation. I'll scan/repair within Steam to see if it finds and or fixing it.

@THHT Huh, it looks more like it's ignoring shadows rather than it being a color change. Probably a bug.

The =UN= wolves are piece of cake at peak times, but they make me dizzy. Five minutes of spinning... this just a few minutes after the last pack...

• Like 2

@-Gews-  Well done.  I'm pretty surprised you didn't bleed, but we never saw what you were wearing besides the gorka jacket.

Would you try that same shit with a pack of 8 wolves instead of 3?

4 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

@-Gews-  Well done.  I'm pretty surprised you didn't bleed, but we never saw what you were wearing besides the gorka jacket.

Would you try that same shit with a pack of 8 wolves instead of 3?

This was a 6-pack. I was wearing Gorka uniform and UK assault vest. They might have bit me once, not sure. They're just a bit too slow when the server's got a high or full population, and from fighting the previous pack I felt alright charging them.

• Like 1

Just now, -Gews- said:

This was a 6-pack. I was wearing Gorka uniform and UK assault vest. They might have bit me once, not sure. They're just a bit too slow when the server's got a high or full population, and from fighting the previous pack I felt alright charging them.

Ok, it was hard to keep things straight in the video.  I noticed it was VERY easy for you to get behind them after they lunge.  On lower populated servers, it feels like I'm playing an advanced difficulty setting of whack-a-mole when trying to go against a pack in the open like that.
I would not survive most encounters without leather clothing, especially the hat.  It really is fun trying to take on a (properly working) pack of wolves with melee.

On 8/5/2017 at 8:39 AM, -Gews- said:

The =UN= wolves are piece of cake at peak times, but they make me dizzy. Five minutes of spinning... this just a few minutes after the last pack...

Yup one day Gews, we will get that slowed down some. I get it,

I haven't seen anyone else mention it yet but whats up with barrels being very difficult to hide ? When you try to stash one amongst a pine tree it lodges itself upon the lower branches ??