Stable Update 0.61.137813

23 posts in this topic

Hello Survivors!

Update time again!

What is new?

• possible fix for some common memory crashes on x64
  • common crash upon connecting
  • fixed one specific cause for certain zombie models becoming invisible

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

• Infected reaction speed may be reduced
  • Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
  • Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
  • Issues with door states can occur
  • Damage being delayed

No vehicles in this update. We are still testing them on Experimental branch.

No character wipe.

Do you have a game crash? We would appreciate if you could send your crash dump files from the folder C:\Users\YourPCName\AppData\Local\DayZ to our feedback tracker. By submitting those files, you can help us to solve game crash issues. It is really important.

If you find some bugs let us know on our Feedback Tracker. Thank you!

☣BioHaze☣, yazar8, odin_lowe and 1 other gave beans to this

Vehicles would be nice, we expect bugs since the game is in alpha. As long as they don't fall through the ground anymore I'm sure we would all be happy to put up with the trivial bugs in return for saving hours of our time walking.

your updates are a constant disappointment, i love yas but you're taking for fucking ever and every time i see dayz has an update i get keen but want to dig my eyes out with an enema hose when i see that it isn't 0.62

8 minutes ago, Tazhar said:

Vehicles would be nice, we expect bugs since the game is in alpha. As long as they don't fall through the ground anymore I'm sure we would all be happy to put up with the trivial bugs in return for saving hours of our time walking.

7 minutes ago, WealthyUgandanPrince said:

your updates are a constant disappointment, i love yas but you're taking for fucking ever and every time i see dayz has an update i get keen but want to dig my eyes out with an enema hose when i see that it isn't 0.62

Why don't you guys go a head and read this:

Gobbokirk, ☣BioHaze☣ and Mad Scientist gave beans to this

6 minutes ago, Gobbokirk said:

Plenty of them on EXP servers.

Need them on stable :c and I also play EXP.

Gobbokirk gave beans to this

6 minutes ago, yazar8 said:

Need them on stable :c and I also play EXP.

Good good :)
The more we can drive around with them on EXP the quicker we'll get them there.
I hope at least :)

☣BioHaze☣ gave beans to this

Tell me, please, why the game only old cars? Events in the game take place in 2008, if I'm not mistaken

p.s .. Unfortunately bad english

greetings everyone,

Devs i have got one idea,

how about take out all vehicles and put in bicycles maybe that will be less buggy and so on maybe its a idea for your list to try out

4 hours ago, WealthyUgandanPrince said:

Read this, new guy.

I hope you feel like a massively ignorant asshat after internalizing this, if you can.

From your tone and level of expectation, it's obvious you need to take a long long long break and come back in 6-12 months.

Please?

Moscow Matt and Gobbokirk gave beans to this

OK didn't see any invisible zombies :) but same issues with being unable to move, had the screen shaking and could only move in one direction. I logged out and when I came back in had the punching animation and  had to logoff and in again. This was on 64 bit.

5 hours ago, darkdaz said:

greetings everyone,

Devs i have got one idea,

how about take out all vehicles and put in bicycles maybe that will be less buggy and so on maybe its a idea for your list to try out

M5dR8Pt.jpg

6 hours ago, Tazhar said:

They still fall through the ground occasionally.

Sqeezorz gave beans to this

The vehicles in Stable to insert, brings besides more "hate" nothing which helps the team. The few who are now playing in Exp "just because of the vehicles" will immediately jump into stable and the Exp. become empty and empty ... how should tests be made under severe conditions?

Asmondian gave beans to this

I had the direction bug, basically the mouse stopped moving the player around and he could only walk backwards and forwards also stuck in a leaning back animation.

For the punching simply open inventory and place something in your hands and remove it again and its fixed

One thing I don't get is where were all these ppl begging for cars prior to .61?

In all my time playing Dayz, be it on public or private hives, I can count the instances I've encountered players driving around in cars on a single hand.

I can get it being a kind of a nuisance on whitelisted RP communities (for RP reasons), but seriously the amount of complaints about cars is just mind boggling right now.

I think it's a case of: Devs take out X item from game, thousands will complain to bring X item back, (with total disregard for other bugs that are getting fixed / progress being made.)

It's just stupid.

Anyway that's my rant for today, have a nice day :)

Holy aids batman stable is so fucking booorringgg and experimental is absolutely dead.

It's been like three months on the same patch , with the same issues being , well not fixed . Why is the whole team working on later patches when this one and experimental are an absolute mess ?

Work on the present mostly , the future a little bit , not the other way around ... I don't care if you want to show off for fancy game expos , put your tester guinea pigs before your expo publicity please as we have been helping for three years now .

Edited by blackberrygoo

49 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Holy aids batman stable is so fucking booorringgg and experimental is absolutely dead.

It's been like three months on the same patch , with the same issues being , well not fixed . Why is the whole team working on later patches when this one and experimental are an absolute mess ?

Work on the present mostly , the future a little bit , not the other way around ... I don't care if you want to show off for fancy game expos , put your tester guinea pigs before your expo publicity please as we have been helping for three years now .

I really wonder what happened to you. Before, your posts were good and now they don't make any sense at all and they are the same as all the other crybabies. Did you burn-out? How about a break for an half year? How unfortunate.

4 hours ago, IMT said:

I really wonder what happened to you. Before, your posts were good and now they don't make any sense at all and they are the same as all the other crybabies. Did you burn-out? How about a break for an half year? How unfortunate.

Well it's simple really , the devs and I had shared similar viewpoints on transparency and development processes , but now I feel like they are putting us second over the fans at the upcoming pax east (most likely why their whole team is pushing on working on patches we the backers don't even get to play unless we pay a hundred bucks for a ticket to an expo). 

They are definitely getting ready for beta , but not in the way I expected them to - I want the way it's been done all these years - basically by focusing on each patch with more than 75% of the team solely focused on that patch and the next experimental , not  the way they are doing it now working two builds or more ahead especially when the current stable and experimental have serious issues . These issues are being worked on but not with the amount of the team it should have on it , and I truly believe they have slowed down the process of this patch and the experimental branch consciously to fulfill some sort of corporate deadline created in conjunction with the next big expo (PAXeast). 

This is why my posts have been mostly aidsy lately , i love dayz but I can't get myself or my crew to play it due to the boring population of experimental and the rough state of stable (pvp, rinse , repeat), and my suspicions of their need to appease the PAx crowds with an impressive future build only make me more bitter .

I guess  overall there's nothing I can do and being negative isn't going to help but damn I just feel like the devs could have gone down a better path that would have enabled us testers to actually get through this rough patch much quicker .

Edited by blackberrygoo

Playable builds should not be a priority at this point.  They are so close to de-tethering the game from the legacy tech, that any work they do to keep .61 player base happy is just going to be thrown away on the next patch cycle anyways.

Just wait for the main dish, and don't fill up on breadsticks.

goateswyn gave beans to this

I am closing this thread because new Stable update.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Baty Alquawen
      Hello guys,
      I know I am late with this change log but I wasn't here on Friday, sorry for it.
      We had some troubles with another server crash caused by players. It should be fixed now and we will move it to stable asap.
      Over and out!

• By Baty Alquawen

An outbreak of Gamescom plague caused chaos in our schedules and organisation, but most of the team is back in business now. Brian sets a perspective on how to balance excitement and expectations now when we're approaching an important milestone in DayZ development. Eugen sums up our immediate internal development goals that will eventually lead us to that BETA milestone, and how they add up to the big picture of DayZ 1.0. We're welcoming back Viktor, who's found some time to reflect upon the new animation changes presented at Gamescom, and there's also Martin's update on the status of a promised 0.63 Dev Log video. As usual, Baty is closing of with awesome community content, and invites everyone to Birmingham's EGX next week! Let's get ready for some reading! 
      Contents This Week
      Dev Update/Hicks Dev Update/Eugen Dev Update/Viktor Dev Update/Martin Community Spotlight  
      Dev Update/Hicks
      Greetings Survivors,
      Y'know, I've seen a lot of folks talking about 0.63 like it will solve world hunger - which is something I've seen associated with other pending builds before. Be it the new renderer, changes to sound, adjustments to economy, or even the introduction of the V3S. Typically people get pissy with me when I have to try and bring things down to earth, but I'm alright with being the bad guy in this case.
      Anytime you change the technology powering a piece of software, hell anytime you change the software itself in any way, you come up against risk. The degree of risk is the factor that fluctuates, and its up to the developers creating said software to weigh the risk of a change, versus the pay off. For us as a team, and for DayZ as a product the pay off is well worth the risk. For years now we've been internally prototyping, be it in documentation, in script, or in intermediate technologies built to serve the gap between what is functioning on the consumer Steam branch, and what is functioning internally on the main trunk.
      I've had the pleasure of previewing, discussing, and in some cases "teasing" these prototypes, and documentation for years. Eager to share our intent with you, but often blocked from actually sharing the experience with you due to technical limitations. The .63/Beta update is the first major step towards the technology finally being able to bring this vision forward. It is not the end of the road, but it is most certainly the most important lap we have made
      I did not overstate it when I said that the change to animation system, player controller, and scripting language would begin to alter how you interact with the world itself. This is fundamentally a huge change, both internally and externally for you, the consumer. I'm neither trying to charge up the hype train, nor am I trying to crush anyone's hopes and dreams. It's rare that a title gets the support from a company to spend the time working on improving the core technology to better meet the needs of design. Typically, technology limitations inform design within a few small exceptions from time to time. Its been a long road, and bumpy as hell ,but we're finally within sight of being able to finally share with all of you the things we've all worked on for so long.
      And we couldn't have done it without all of you.
      - Brian Hicks / Creative Director

Dev Update/Eugen
      Hello survivors! Post-gamescom rush has ended quickly with a lot people getting sick, feverish from Gamescom plague. With people missing we were trying to get through the feedback in our internal post-mortem and follow up it up in the plan for following months and weeks before BETA becomes available. I have to say that the road does not end there, and we still are dedicated to polish the experience further before we leave Early Access. What BETA means is that most if not all features promised will be implemented in the new technology, and iterated upon further as we move to leave out of Early Access with 1.0 version. I believe that feedback will be critical in this phase where all the issues need to get ironed out.
      In the meantime, we focused on issues either seen during Gamescom or general plans that have been set out. Special attention has been put on critical issues of camera that was still up for refactor. As it is nowhere near the level that we want from the game, nor has the feature set needed. From the clipping issues to twitchy movement and abuse, there is lot of ground to cover.
      And there is a lot more as the whole Gamescom experience worked as an amazing focus test on large scale. We had the chance to see how people work around the new stuff available and observe to see the flaws in the whole system. Which was an amazing opportunity, and I can`t wait to have the same experience with other people online, so that we can make this game the best it can be together.
      The next step for us, is to finish up more advanced features for melee and ranged combat, additional camera technology to support all the new gameplay, and finalizing the character movement and variation, before we move heavily into area of infected, where some heavy work needs to be done.
      Once the base loop feels really good, we will move onto rest of the game to polish all these things in the new technology. We will survive!  
      - Eugen Harton / Lead Producer

Dev Update/Viktor
      Hi everyone. It has been a while since the last time I contributed to the Status Report. The past weeks were a bit hectic with the animation things related to the Gamescom build. I think animators did a great job adding all the content which everyone was able to play for couple of days. We were very pleased by the positive feedback to the new player controller, injured animations, heavy items animations, combat and everything else that was presented.
      The version available to play was not final by any means. We are still aiming for significant improvements in many areas of player character and infected as well. The presented wounded character was a first draft in fact. In the upcoming days, weeks and months we will continue on animation improvements and reworks.
      Currently, we are also working on some new death animations. We are adding directional deaths for all item types and all stances. Initially, the character will play the pre-recorded animation only but later, we will start with directional death animation and in the middle of the animation, we will switch to ragdoll so that the characters would fall and align with environment nicely.
      Another big part of the game that is being worked on are poses for different items. There are hundreds of various food items, weapons or tools that need a proper pose. From the very beginning of the DayZ, we have decided to have a nice holding for each of these items. At the moment, all these poses are being made and added to the game.

- Viktor Kostik / Lead Animator

Dev Update/Martin
      Survivors, I just want to briefly update you on the status of the 0.63 Dev Log that we teased and promised to deliver after Gamescom. Unfortunately, a sizeable portion of the team (including Baty, Eugen and me) got hit by an outbreak of some sneaky virus that we most likely brought with us back from Gamescom.
      Since we have a very small marketing/community team here, this further delayed the production of the Dev Log video, but we're back in business now, and we've also managed to get some additional help from our QA Engineer Dan Fialka (who's been with us at Gamescom as well). He's recording some of the gameplay clips as we speak, so hopefully we'll be able to speed things up a notch now. 
      Recording a couple of gameplay clips from an internal build may sound like an an easy task, but if they are supposed to be done according to a script, and connected with a developer voice over, it suddenly becomes a complicated undertaking - especially when the internal build of DayZ just decides to behave weirdly, and randomly throws crashes and glitches your way. Of course, we want to avoid showing these things in official content as much as possible, as the intent is to present the best of what the current build can offer.
      If anything, it also shows that the build is simply not ready to be played beyond a very controlled and structured environment that was the Gamescom booth, and that our decision to not release it on a Steam branch was very well reasoned. We'll let you know on our forums and social media channels the moment the video is ready - for now, please hold tight end enjoy some of the community content from Gamescom that we shared in the last Status Report! 
      - Martin Čulák/ Brand Manager

Community Spotlight
      Survivors!
      The Gamescom epidemic hit a lot of us and I wasn't an exception. But I am ready for a new event! You might know there is a show called EGX in Birmingham, England. I and my colleague, brand manager Martin Čulák, will be there on Friday and we want to meet everyone from DayZ community, who is also planning to attend this gaming event. Watch our Twitter for more information.

Barely Infected came with an amazing idea. He organized a group of survivors and built a camp named "DayZ Village" where all the good people can live together and help each other in this cruel time of apocalypse. This project had great success and The Village is nowadays still pretty crowded. You can find it on Spaggie's server at 185.16.86.48:2402 and The Village is located on the Zub castle. I spent some time there and it was awesome. People are nice, they care about each other and try to protect The Village together. The Village was planned for just one week, but with this success, Barely Infected decided to prolong it.
      Barely Infected has documentation of every day on his server.

You can find a lot of content from creators on Youtube and make your own impression of what is going on on the server. For example from these guys: Gaming Junkie, CitizenZ, CamCANTRUN, Raig Prime, Kerbo, FriendlyNikolai, 2dogsgaming, RageBruh or HandZ.
      Here is a funny prank from M1NDER, he pranked the whole village.

And one last thing about this event - artwork of DayZ Village by Dominik Figlhuber.

Everyone is looking forward to the 0.63 update. But not as much as this guy. KaskadianRepublik's body is ready. But since 0.63 is still not ready for public, you will need to wait until it's done. 

I want to show you one video. It is about love between a dog and a human. Fluffy cute wolf who wants to eat everyone around him. But Whoopsie DayZ falls in love with him and wants to have him as a pet. How this can end? I laughed a lot, you need to see it. 

Have a nice time guys and see you in two weeks!
      Header image by Vernon Price.
      - Baty / Community Manager