Baty Alquawen

Stable Branch 0.61.137076

Greetings Dev team and other DayZ players!

At this time on stable there seems to be a constant respawn of wolves in and around Dubrovka. My friend and I were playing a couple days ago a few hundred meters north of Gorka around the power lines organizing a base we have there. In a period of about 3 hours we encountered at least 8 packs of wolves in that area. they seemed to come around about every 20 to 30 minutes or so, and at one point my friend and I almost died despite being in a military tent with the door closed. Anyway, I think that the amount of wolves that close to the coast (maybe within 1 or 2 klicks) is quite gamebreaking. If you spawn in Berezino and run due west, you run into dubrovka/gorka and as a fresh spawn you will have little to no weapons/ammo to fight off the wolves. It was difficult enough for my friend and me to fight the wolves off with full military hardware on such a consistent basis, as we were nowhere near any spawns to resupply our spent ammo. Thanks for listening to this rant everyone!

TL;DR: sh*tloads of wolves around dubrovka, don't go there in current build on stable or you will get rekt eventually

On another note, does anyone know when we can expect to see vehicles in stable branch? Or is it more a case of "it'll be done when it's done"

Edited by SnowballNinja

and maybe eleventh encounter with other survivor ending just shooting and waving the axe.
i looted some house and i hear footsteps.closed the door and waited.suddenly door opens and some girl came waving with axe.i shot him twice but stil she was able to hit me in the face despite the wounds in his arm and chest.

and blackface bug is back...first time getting this on maybe few weeks

Edited by kopo79

On 1/10/2017 at 8:44 AM, Galromin said:

I really love this game and playing for 4 months, I bought a pc to play Dayz. But patches still including "infected issues" is quite like a joke. This game is devoloping for 2 years or more and still not decided how infected should act, hear, see or run. Yesterday an infected crawled to me like in light speed and pushed me back like 50 meters.

I want to ask when the vehicles will be back, when the black hole swallowed faces will be ok, when dying after 10 mins of rainwill will be fixed, when will the devs will be agreed on their final decisions about infected acts.

As I said, I love this game and I am about to enter a server atm, but sometimes it just takes our hope :/

yeah I know the crawling infected seem to move faster than the running ones, and they can push a friggin house lol

On 10/01/2017 at 2:24 PM, corestatic said:

Well, Weapons tend to despawn at random occasions, so we should temporarily remove them too? I can see your point,  but there is a lot in the game to find at a 'not acceptable state' due to it being in the alpha.

Cars could easily be there, nobody would complain. DayZ at this point makes you get used to loose stuff at a regular basis due to bugs, so I'd say nothing wrong with giving us car spawns.

My favourite is when the devs implement a survival aspect. For example: removing abundance of tins in hopes that you turn to hunting and cooking, which for me seems to be constantly fucked and seems to either kill your character from undercooked food or kill them from overcooked food. Sadly, I'm not sure this game will leave Early Access but I've got my £15 worth over the years so I can happily drop it. I wouldn't criticise (whether constructive or not) on these forums. My last post I criticised something and I had to log out to stop the barrage of knob jockeys. 

It's pretty tedious, this.

On 10/01/2017 at 4:55 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You have twice the amount of in game time as I yet you have a fraction of the understanding of the development process.

Maybe you just need to take a break and come back when some of the bugs that bother you are fixed.

Stable does not mean "bug free".

If stable doesn't mean bug free, and it's expected to not work so well in EA, why have an EXP and stable branch at all? Just push updates more frequently/roll back if there's an issue and open up the whole process to the player base. Other than new features and constant wipes, I can never really tell the difference between EXP and stable, both have issues that can sometimes ruin the game. I'd rather have no playtime on this for a week with the promise of weekly updates, than 3 years in game with an update once every X months (which generally breaks more things than it fixes).

Anyway, it's time to log out for another 6 months to avoid the hilarious amount of blind motherfuckers telling me I don't know anything about design/development.

I honestly wish there were less whiny babies on these forums, sometimes. - On the flip side, it's funny seeing the same ignorant responses to the game and how much 'authority' is shown in their back-seat developer talk.

Guys, just enjoy what you have. Cars are priority for the Devs to throw onto Stable, so just trust they're doing what they need to do. -- If you are butthurt by your experience so far, maybe this game isn't for you - Or maybe Early Access isn't for you. . And either is okay. Not everyone is patient or can figure this game out - Just do yourself a favor and come back in some months when things have changed. The negativity misinformed or immature players spread on DayZ Social Media is just lame. Go get a job or a girlfriend xD 

As for everyone else, Good morning :) 

If anyone wants to play on a Hardcore RP Server with 1PP and a NO KOS rule, come to http://aftermathdayzrp.com/portal.php and get Whitelisted :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, krisfx said:

If stable doesn't mean bug free, and it's expected to not work so well in EA, why have an EXP and stable branch at all? Just push updates more frequently/roll back if there's an issue and open up the whole process to the player base. Other than new features and constant wipes, I can never really tell the difference between EXP and stable, both have issues that can sometimes ruin the game. I'd rather have no playtime on this for a week with the promise of weekly updates, than 3 years in game with an update once every X months (which generally breaks more things than it fixes).

Anyway, it's time to log out for another 6 months to avoid the hilarious amount of blind motherfuckers telling me I don't know anything about design/development.

"Anyway, it's time to log out for another 6 months to avoid the hilarious amount of blind motherfuckers telling me I don't know anything about design/development.", "Just push updates more frequently/roll back if there's an issue and open up the whole process to the player base.". Those 2 sentences already make it clear that you don't know anything about game/software development. Do you know what version control/source control is? If you don't, you should look it up. If they need to rollback constantly it means they are going backwards instead of forward.  They have 3 branches for a reason. The Stable branch is for the majority, it's a what you see is what you get, that's why they try to make it as stable as possible. Experimental is for the people who want to help them test a build on a larger population and in the hands of other people than their own employees. They do this because as they have said multiple times, some bugs which suddenly show up didn't even show up in their Internal build. That's why you need to opt-in to Experimental, so you understand what you're getting into. And the last build, the Internal branch which is only available for a handful of people, probably only employees. This branch will probably have a lot of annoying crashes on a regular basis, much and much worse than we have experienced.

There you have it, not the first time I'm posting this and I'm not the only one who has posted this already before. Let me give you a summary, just in case: stable => as stable as possible, doesn't mean bug free, experimental/unstable => seperate branch for users which you need to opt-in to. Crashes, weird and/or annoying bugs might occur. Sometimes there are even builds which are totally unplayable. Internal => branch where they test everything the first time, most bugs will be fixed here before we even get to see them.

Now to get back at your "issues that can sometimes ruin the game" comment. Give me at least 5 issues that are so game breaking you can not play besides the memory reference crash issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, krisfx said:

It's obvious you have unrealistic and ignorant ideas about how DayZ has progressed.

I love how someone like you can come on here and shit on this process yet contribute next to nothing but a bunch of salt and ignorant crap and declare it pointless to engage the community.

If you think DayZ is so fucked JUST HAVE A LITTLE FIT AND LEAVE IN EVERY WAY.

So, thanks for nothing, see you in 6 months?

Hey players, and hey devs.

I have a question for 4k players.

Is there any way to get the UI to scale to 4k resolution?  I sit about 2 meters from a 55" 4k t.v. as my main screen for gaming.  Back in the previous builds of the game I could switch the scale of the UI.  I can no longer do this.  

My problem is that I can't read any text on the screen reliably.  I can't see my zeroing distance no matter what, the text is too tiny.  I am stuck playing at 1080p.

Any help?

6 hours ago, SnowballNinja said:

At this time on stable there seems to be a constant respawn of wolves in and around Dubrovka.

Same problem here. When im close to Vyshnaya Dubrovka i always spot wolves. Every single time...

Other question.
What happened with desyc improvemets in .61? In first builds shooting was so damn good... so precise and reaction of server was so quick. Right now i feel like in 0.60 or 0.59 and again i have too shoot like crazy to prevent kill trade... :(

Keep in mind, guys, that the Wolf Pack spawns will likely update as more Predators are introduced. -- If Dubrovka is a hot spot for wolves, I would def say to stay away from the Nest haha. Nothing to do, but avoid and attempt to find a way around the area :) 

15 minutes ago, Vdr said:

What happened with desyc improvemets in .61? In first builds shooting was so damn good... so precise and reaction of server was so quick. Right now i feel like in 0.60 or 0.59 and again i have too shoot like crazy to prevent kill trade... :(

Interesting. . I don't actually have desync issues with shooting. - Have you tried adjusting your Video options? I know that I had to mess with mine when I noticed a slight lag, but after that it was groovy. 

22 minutes ago, Espa said:

Interesting. . I don't actually have desync issues with shooting. - Have you tried adjusting your Video options? I know that I had to mess with mine when I noticed a slight lag, but after that it was groovy. 

I've 100% noticed desync issues, kill trades a-plenty, shooting a tree right in front of you and the bullet hitting 2 seconds later. It feels like .60. I am very confused (and frustrated) on how it went back to this level since it was so good at the beginning of .61. I play exclusively on high pops and it's pretty bad. I killed someone yesterday and after I saw the him ragdoll, 5 bullets hit me within 1 second without hearing the gun or seeing his gun get raised.

Edited by Kohlbar

Sorry my fault i described wrong my problem. Im talking about hit registration on server. There is a small delay after you hit someone. Maybe its not as bad as in 0.60 or 0.59, but definetly bigger than in first 0.61 builds...

Ahh, I misunderstood what you meant. Hit registration being delayed is definitely bad. -- However, I've made some clean shots and really haven't seen too much of this.

Granted, I do play on a lower-medium population RP server. The less amount of people may have something to do with it.

Sooo, is anyone actually enjoying this patch on stable so far ? I cant quite tell :D. I noticed early in this thread people complaining that the zombies are way too tough and smart.. however they are alot easier to kill. I killed some with only 3 or 4 hits from a shovel which i deem to be a pretty shitastic hand to hand weapon.. I see alot of people whinging about no vehicles also.. i could really care less for vehicles(still not sure why there isnt at least a push bike yet) i just want to see alot more zombies.. that is all i have been waiting for these past 3 years :D lotsa zombiesss 

• Like 4

and another encounter with survivor and it goes fistfighting...do anyone have mic?
stable is quite bad at the moment,zombies running just looks like they are moonwalking.
i can almost outrun infected just walking.

Edited by kopo79

I was thinking the same thing fighting 3 zeds with the shovel.  

Edited by atomquark

Hello

A little feedback !

server performance are sometimes good ( not great) sometimes really poor: with delayed action, delayed damaged etc...

other than that there not so much bug: the only bug left for me is the black faces bug !

unlike experimental there is less animal in stable, I'm a little bit sad. i only see one wolf around pavlovo and that all ! Where is the Deers ? I loved to watch them, hunt them when it's necessary !

You did a great job, I hope the server performance will be boosted and maybe have 75 player by server on stable soon !!! Will be GREAT !!!

Keep up the great works dev !

Q6CwUhk.jpg

Reunited with my original apocalypse buddy, @ColdAtrophy.

We started a camp on a quiet 1PP server and had a nice variety of experiences....

While at Tisy we tracked some wolves, Cold killed most of them from a crows nest and then I came in and was able to pick off the straggler circling the post.

YpdQadL.jpg

We split up while looting the large ramps in Tisy and an unlucky server hopper (Chris) spawned right in front of Cold and was met with a shotgun blast.

yAeQygw.jpg

We discussed letting him live but upon searching his gear it became apparent he was obviously hopping and was dispatched accordingly!

Better luck with your exploiting bullshit next time Chris!

Back at camp Cold got mauled by an infected and was trying to lay low so I went to a nearby town to look for a hoe to farm with (not wanting to wear down my ice axe).

I scoured the sheds along a depression on one side of town and as I approached a house I realized someone had run inside this same house ahead of me and was panting inside catching his breath.

Before I could speak the player calls out and declares his neutral intentions exiting the house with hands up.

He said his name was Greyfox and he offered food or supplies which I turned down but I thanked him for not KoS and let him know I was fine.

I told him I had a friend and a camp nearby in hopes that he would not be spooked if he came across either.

He said that he never shoots on sight and before we could speak more Cold came down the road and I think scared him off.

After that rattled my nerves I decided to use my ice axe to farm a small plot.

HUyaTZo.jpg

We then set out for some water and in the process found a large pack of cows which we dispatched and processed.

Now massively laden with meat we went back to our tents to find our pumpkins were ripe for the plucking.

Soon after stashing some things and stuffing my character with pumpkin slices I logged out for the night.

I had no crashes but played on 32 bit the entire time.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

One question guys,

Does stone oven work on 0.61?
Yesterday I tried to make one but I was unable to do it, maybe I am missing something...

It is working for me.

U9ad7LF.jpg

• Like 3

Can we put frying pan on it? 

Baty, can you ask guys when will they fix frying pan on gas cooker?

10 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

It is working for me.

Was it persistence fixed? I'm afraid of taking all the work to make one and lose it after half an hour :/

21 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

It is working for me

How is the mechanic to do it? Im following the info obtained from here http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Fireplace:

1. Make a fireplace (1 stick + rag)

2. put 5 sticks on the fireplace or 3 firewood

3. add 8 stones to the fireplace (these stones were taken from the ground)

I am doubting about if the stones required for making the oven have to be mined with the pickaxe or it doesnt matter?

@Baty Alquawen Can you provide me some light please? :)