Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136887

you cry about me killing one of you, and then you say I am crying. lol

The purpose of playing on exp is to note the effects of their changes.

I did that, you whine because I kill one of you.  I guess you get a big chub from being a fan boy but really, I am just commenting on the effects of the changes the devs made in this version. There is only one whiner here clown.

I think you misunderstand, @PongoZ, Nobody's whining.  It's just a friendly server regular feud.  Randomly shoot one of our people, and we will hunt you.  Nothing personal, that's just the way things work.  Like you said, there's not much going on around the server; 80% of the stuck vehicles can be accounted for by our loose association of regulars.

We are having a pretty easy time surviving, just spending more time repairing and replacing clothing, and going through much more ammo on the infected.  Current goal is to loot enough ammo and grenades to destroy and respawn the many inoperable vehicles on the server.

I kinda even asked if you wanted to cooperate, by dropping a barrel in Toploniki Gas station as a sign of competence.  You are still more than welcome to help out.

If you kill friendlies and interfere with vehicle testing by wasting our time, that's your choice.  It's only natural that you will end up on the short list of people that are greenlit to kill.  Nothing personal.  I mean, it's kind of a moot point now anyways, since you got yellow and went back to stable.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I kinda even asked if you wanted to cooperate, by dropping a barrel in Toploniki Gas station as a sign of competence.  You are still more than welcome to help out.

Which server do you guys play on? I've been running around on a couple different ones trying to find people I can run with. I finally made my way to Tisy last night and heard some gunfire. So I ducked behind a tree to kind of prepare myself to be hunted down ...all the while I'm sending a message through the text chat asking if anyone is there and do they want to help me test stuff.... Knowing good and well that it wont matter and that once I'm found I will be shot... And as I was getting ready to log out I moved myself better into a tree so that when I log in wont be shot before my screen clears up but as I'm hitting escape to log out I hear a shot whiz right by me.. and I hit yes... Really hope my efforts to get to the north of the map weren't all to be shot in the damn face once I arrive... Anywho

My findings are much like the rest of you.. Find a vehicle get in drive for a bit and performance drops. Bus gets stuck on tracks. After about a minute or two of driving any vehicle my screen begins to skip around and when my computer catches up I am off the road and in a tree or against a guardrail. But to be fair Ive noticed these little hiccups happen even when not in a vehicle....Out in the woods away from all buildings and as far as I can tell other players... I'm thinking its probably my hard drive though. So I will remedy that tonight.

A little story from the other night...I was in a bus and I had two vehicles meet me up around The north of the map the other night an offroad and a sedan just as I was making a right hand turn to check out Sinistok... I see them slow down and start to turn so I freak out a little thinking ok I'm going to be overtaken stopped then shot... Turns out I was right... I was overtaken once I see the door swing open and I keep the pedal down.. I make it all the way into that corner where the other offroad should spawn and realize a bus will not fit. Just as I turn the big bus around I notice the offroad has stopped and someone is out with a gun in their hand and aiming at my window and my screen goes red... The sedan is coming straight at me and I think Hell I'm bigger. So I hit him in the side and he spins over the guardrail wheels look popped.. Just as I clear the rear of that cars bumper I crash to desktop. Log back in to gun fire and a black I am dead screen shortly after... Whoever you were you could've spoken to me I would've stopped and we could've had some adventure together. But no You chased me down and had to just shoot me... Kind of boring ... But thanks I wanted to start over again.... Hate to bitch but I could see if I was just running around shooting people but whatever....

Oh looks like its time to switch back to exp.! Do something testing.

3 hours ago, Masprotech said:

Which server do you guys play on?

Waiting for someone to text chat can be anxiety provoking just because of the delay.  In high-anxiety situations using a microphone could mean the difference to between life and death (unfortunate but true).  Some of us here on the forums are playing and testing on the 1PP experimental servers, there are only a handful of them and they rarely see high pop this patch.  You can find us on ts.welcometothejungledayz.com   Riddler's Teamspeak is open to everyone here on the experimental forum (Thanks Riddler!).  There are open channels if you just want want to run with a friend or two and don't want to hang out in the chaos of general population.

• Like 6

On 12/30/2016 at 9:52 AM, Masprotech said:

Which server do you guys play on? I've been running around on a couple different ones trying to find people I can run with. I finally made my way to Tisy last night and heard some gunfire. So I ducked behind a tree to kind of prepare myself to be hunted down ...all the while I'm sending a message through the text chat asking if anyone is there and do they want to help me test stuff.... Knowing good and well that it wont matter and that once I'm found I will be shot... And as I was getting ready to log out I moved myself better into a tree so that when I log in wont be shot before my screen clears up but as I'm hitting escape to log out I hear a shot whiz right by me.. and I hit yes... Really hope my efforts to get to the north of the map weren't all to be shot in the damn face once I arrive... Anywho

My findings are much like the rest of you.. Find a vehicle get in drive for a bit and performance drops. Bus gets stuck on tracks. After about a minute or two of driving any vehicle my screen begins to skip around and when my computer catches up I am off the road and in a tree or against a guardrail. But to be fair Ive noticed these little hiccups happen even when not in a vehicle....Out in the woods away from all buildings and as far as I can tell other players... I'm thinking its probably my hard drive though. So I will remedy that tonight.

II just recently had a similar problem and updating my graphics drivers fixed the problem for me.

We play on the 1pp US server.  No point in testing the new vehicles, unless we are doing it the hard way. : )

Like Gary said, just hop into TS and see who's where.  We are all pretty reasonable and agreeable.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

Back to DayZ and experimental. The weather is brutal on exp. I just died three times to the environment.

The first time I not doing bad when I arrived in novod. I was getting cold but planed on just running to the next village - but then I heard a pack of wolves. So I decided to make a fire inside a house in novod. But it seems that the fire place in the houses is not working, outside the infected did fight against the wolves and inside I tried to get a fire going - by the time I had the fire burning I was hypothermic and died. But it would have been RIP anyhow because the wolves did camp my house and I had no working gun. The north is really "wolf country".

Respawn, it's raining constantly, I did not find a raincoat (or food), get cold + hungry and die. But I found a barrel in Belaya Polana and stored the few items I found there.

yZGDqTV.jpg

After the next try further south I got another northern spawn. Luckily it stopped raining for a short period and I was able to grab my stuff from the barrel and build a fireplace next to an apple tree. The rain started once more but I was picking apples and did not get wet next to the tree. From time to time I cut another branch and put it in the fire. After some time was Energized/hydrated/Hot :-D

POwPIrE.jpg

• Like 5

Moer patchx plox'z

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA .61+++vehicle optimizations fixes etc, & Experimental .62 environment, kthnxbai

• Like 2

On 12/30/2016 at 5:41 PM, bingo_fuel said:

Back to DayZ and experimental. The weather is brutal on exp. I just died three times to the environment.

The first time I not doing bad when I arrived in novod. I was getting cold but planed on just running to the next village - but then I heard a pack of wolves. So I decided to make a fire inside a house in novod. But it seems that the fire place in the houses is not working, outside the infected did fight against the wolves and inside I tried to get a fire going - by the time I had the fire burning I was hypothermic and died. But it would have been RIP anyhow because the wolves did camp my house and I had no working gun. The north is really "wolf country".

Respawn, it's raining constantly, I did not find a raincoat (or food), get cold + hungry and die. But I found a barrel in Belaya Polana and stored the few items I found there.

After the next try further south I got another northern spawn. Luckily it stopped raining for a short period and I was able to grab my stuff from the barrel and build a fireplace next to an apple tree. The rain started once more but I was picking apples and did not get wet next to the tree. From time to time I cut another branch and put it in the fire. After some time was Energized/hydrated/Hot :-D

i found a rain coat, i feel like a god among ants.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

i found a rain coat, i feel like a god among ants.

I know exactly what you mean!

• Like 1

I've been experiencing some crashes with a fairly solid repro on this experimental. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? The crash leaves the desktop and task manager inaccessible, though the computer is still responsive - the process can be killed by logging out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/5lig4x/experimental_061136887_client_lockup_when_using/

So ready for the new Status Report! :D 

Can't wait to hear more about the progress of vehicles and any planned designs for the Visual Update for .62! 

When .61 gets vehicles back onto Stable, whew it's going to be great to mess around with! 

Was killed twice today by wolves:  Once a first bite took me from 2200 to 2000 - second bite to 1100 - third bite unconscious.  Second time I was around 4000 - didn't see the progression, but 2 bites put me on the ground.  Each time I had had a severe injury earlier in the playthrough (an injury where my guy yells and the screen turns red).

There's a wrecked V3S on the southern road leaving Myshinko base on SC-02.  I put 60 SKS rounds, 30 9mm, and 40 .380 into the engine block, but don't believe I have destroyed it (as I can still get in) if anyone is over that way.

Edited by Thurman Merman

On 12/29/2016 at 10:07 PM, emuthreat said:

I think you misunderstand, @PongoZ, Nobody's whining.  It's just a friendly server regular feud.  Randomly shoot one of our people, and we will hunt you.  Nothing personal, that's just the way things work.  Like you said, there's not much going on around the server; 80% of the stuck vehicles can be accounted for by our loose association of regulars.

We are having a pretty easy time surviving, just spending more time repairing and replacing clothing, and going through much more ammo on the infected.  Current goal is to loot enough ammo and grenades to destroy and respawn the many inoperable vehicles on the server.

If you kill friendlies and interfere with vehicle testing by wasting our time, that's your choice.  It's only natural that you will end up on the short list of people that are greenlit to kill.  Nothing personal.  I mean, it's kind of a moot point now anyways, since you got yellow and went back to stable.

lol.

I play "yellow" every time I play, your lover was likely the 15th person I have ever killed in 1300 hours of Dayz. I am not on experimental for exactly the reasons I stated in my post. Which had nothing to do with you or your perception of ownership of that server.  I know the settings for exp suck right now, and its empty for the reasons I stated. But stalking me is kind of poor sport because as I said, not playing. When I am playing you are of course welcome to stalk me all you like. that is the game. Bragging about it or making my play the focus of your pathetic forum crowd is your thing I guess. But you were and are nothing to me. 

51 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

Bragging about it or making my play the focus of your pathetic forum crowd is your thing I guess. But you were and are nothing to me. 

Wait, what? No one is focusing on you here except emu.

I'm trying to figure out how the fuck you think it's cool to come in here with this line of bullshit anyway?

Don't drag myself or any of our friends into this bickering, man.

Some of us have contributed a lot more around here than you (that's what counts) as well and it's pretty standard practice not to piss off the locals where ever you go.

If you think it's pathetic to test every aspect of a new build, eh, fuck off is about as eloquent as I can muster at this time.

On 12/30/2016 at 1:07 AM, emuthreat said:

I think you misunderstand,

emu dammit, you gave this guy way too much attention to begin with and went all sideways here.

If you want to hunt people who KoS our friends that's cool but you needn't make such a big deal out of it HERE and I honestly try to leave my interactions in the game as such, in the game.

I post here about my experiences in game whether I live or die, whether by glitch or bullet. I've had multiple civil conversations with people here who have read a post where they KoS'd me over the years and then reached out to give their side of things ([remember KingOfTime?] often apologizing or at least making it more interesting).

I don't want to discourage your heroism, but maybe a little stealth, and a screenshot of a corpse while you can screenshot the name, would be more satisfying than keyboard chest thumping.

• Like 1

Well, I guess thanks for the couple days of peace.  We finally managed to figure out how to despawn all the disabled vehicles on the server.  They definitely need to adjust the difference between the amount of damage it takes before the engine won't start, and when you can no longer enter the vehicle; AKA despawn condition.

Glad to see you are still as congenial as ever...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

There's a wrecked V3S on the southern road leaving Myshinko base on SC-02.  I put 60 SKS rounds, 30 9mm, and 40 .380 into the engine block, but don't believe I have destroyed it (as I can still get in) if anyone is over that way.

Did you make sure to strip off all the parts that can be removed before dumping damage into all of the parts combined?  It's much easier to damage just the chassis, without the wheels and battery soaking up your efforts.

That blue V3S chassis had been there since probably the first day or two this build has been up.

40 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

SNIP

Hey, it is the experimental build thread.  We were discussing the experimental build, kinda.  But yes, it did go sideways.

You might remember how some other folks with whom we crossed paths in-game, and later came here to discuss it, were much more reasonable.  We all already know that shooting someone point-blank still works.  It'd be nice to see some people also testing the new mechanics, from time to time.

Admittedly, stealth was not my intention; it is much less time consuming to make ham-fisted idle threats and move on.  Seemed to work...
If I was keyboard chest thumping you would know it. I don't really like to brag about my days as a space-shuttle door-gunner...

Can't blame a guy for trying, or for squeezing out a few lolz in the prozess.  Trying a bit too long on a lost cause is another thing though...

Edited by emuthreat
gorilla warfare

12 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Did you make sure to strip off all the parts that can be removed before dumping damage into all of the parts combined?  It's much easier to damage just the chassis, without the wheels and battery soaking up your efforts.

That blue V3S chassis had been there since probably the first day or two this build has been up.

Pulled everything off.  Is there a preferred place to plant my bullets? I was shooting into the engine.

Gonna go helihunting for grenades this morning.  See if they help.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1