Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136887

31 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This forum is a survival game unto itself.

*snip*

Spoiled brats not getting the game they want all the way to tinfoil hat conspiracy nerds very optimistic about getting the ultimate PC survival simulator for it's generation and everywhere in between. 

Best community evar!

• Like 2

Anybody gonna be on Southcentral 0-2 in a bit?  I plan on coming back to fuck up some more vehicles in an hour or so.

• Like 1

Decided to try out the Sedan i found about 1k off the coast :)

Thought i'd make a partially timelapsed video from some of the footage..

Have to say it was quite a smooth ride although i think there was only a couple of others on the server if that makes a difference to the vehicles.. perf started to degrade slightly as time went by driving around in the car.. felt very smooth though and handling is much better than months gone by :D

Edited by MyBraiNz
  • Like 3

For some reason my screenshots never look on "film" as they look in person.  But, here's @starvingart luring a bunch on infected away from the Nadez police station so I can get back in after searching unsuccessfully for additions to our small vehicle fleet:

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

For some reason my screenshots never look on "film" as they look in person.  But, here's @starvingart luring a bunch on infected away from the Nadez police station so I can get back in after searching unsuccessfully for additions to our small vehicle fleet:

That's actually a badass picture ... if it gives you any options try and upload the picture at the same resolution and the highest quality you can , it seems clear until you zoom in to see the detail . 

@VVarhead I haven't crashed at all in experimental for a few days now ... weird .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

Anyone else getting lots of crashes? I will be posting them in the tracker ASAP.

I've had a few crashes as a passenger in vehicles, the V3S and the party bus.

Edited by GaryWalnuts

How's vehicle performance been in general with this build? I'm hoping to spend a few hours playing on Experimental tomorrow if anyone cares to join me. I'll bring the pen and paper for feedback notes! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

How's vehicle performance been in general with this build? I'm hoping to spend a few hours playing on Experimental tomorrow if anyone cares to join me. I'll bring the pen and paper for feedback notes! :)

It's good.  No desync when next to other vehicles.  Truck, bus, and offroader (haven't had a sedan yet) still underpowered going up hill.  Truck responsiveness is vastly improved though.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

How's vehicle performance been in general with this build?

I'm still getting crashes as a passenger but I've got faith they'll work that one out soon enough.  Some of the worst vehicle bugs are almost gone, namely the vehicle-to-vehicle proximity desync and getting stuck on invisible elements in the road.  Steering and responsiveness seems better but that might be more of a sync/server performance related thing.  Acceleration through gears could use some tweaking but all vehicles are  drivable.   They do have a basic gear-shift indicator now which may be helpful but could use a facelift imo.  The sound inside the vehicle is still loud enough that most players will turn down effects volume just to drive (or as a passenger), however you can't hear a truck from two towns away anymore.  I'm guessing you hear a truck when it gets within about @500m of your player.    I guess we should test that before I start throwing numbers around though.  All in all, I'd say vehicles are much improved.  

• Like 4

Anyone knows if we can still hear gear shifting from miles away like before? Everytime i played exp, it was near empty.

5 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Anyone knows if we can still hear gear shifting from miles away like before? Everytime i played exp, it was near empty.

From what I've seen that's gone now.  On several occasions when I knew a V3S was coming to pick me up (via teamspeak) I could see it coming down the road before I heard it.

• Like 1

I get very frequent crashes (all 5 minutes) in Zelenogorsk around the police station.

Something is not right there

I decided to try with Antialiasing on again.. kept crashing in Gorka.. turned it off and restarted and no more crashes. Had the same issue in 0.60 too so something isnt right with AA. Though the time it takes to crash varies from server to server.

38 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

I get very frequent crashes (all 5 minutes) in Zelenogorsk around the police station.

Something is not right there

Have you tried 32 bit or 64 bit client (switching from whichever you are using)?

Also, try booting up with steam overlay minimized, possibly from a desktop shortcut.

I think some crashes are associated with steam overlay somehow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a long run yesterday with some of the usual folks and a few new voices as well.

Well met, @Thurman Merman!

We drove trucks and Lada's around looking for a sedan to destroy with no luck.

Disappearing clothes and gear is still a regular thing.

emu thinks it's cute to punch me once in a while, I decided every 3 is worth a lug wrench to the back of the skull (see pic of KO'd emu at gas station below).

We have a Lada stuck by our camp and put a lot of rounds in it which merely ran it up a tree, and now there is a Lada in the sky about halfway up a tall tree...

We looted Tisy, fought of some wolves there (FYI, it's very satisfying to shoot a wolf in the head with a magnum) and were about to leave all packed in the truck when IMT spotted a player.

That's when our games all crashed at the same time!

We logged back in thinking we would all be shot or had been shot at some point in the crash but found we were OK and the guys who entered the base made neutral contact!

Keith and Patrick had returned to DayZ after a long break and were impressed with the changes they found.

They were also very happy to find other players who didn't KoS and preferred 1PP.

They piled in to join us in a trip to more military locations leaving their truck behind.

At one point emu got that truck stuck and he volunteered to get the one our new friends left at Tisy while we looted NWA.

After a rather fruitless excursion there we went to a nearby town still looking for an elusive sedan.

We all had our effects volumes down due to extra loud truck engine but I managed to just barely hear a howl outside of town.

No one else heard it and they were starting to question if I had actually heard wolves when they descended from the treeline forcing me into a house.

Frantically calling for help I start popping rounds into the wolves as the circle and my friends quickly followed the sound and began unloading on the pack.

Now with a lot of steaks and lard to cook we set about trying to find a house which would accept the fireplace and cooking pots we had.

After a couple of failed attempts we were able to suspend a fire from the ceiling and cook as it burned overhead.

46MLpVW.jpg

2kl3RRN.jpg

8kNRv3d.jpg

gwfLnRi.jpg

Gi0BRCO.jpg

QCa6QIT.jpg

Gw9p2OI.jpg

1U54cjg.jpg

utpd1zS.jpg

CRayo0H.jpg

dOp3qpi.jpg

jhUSHsD.jpg

pqXF96r.jpg

HGJg13l.jpg

NrNiP3e.jpg

f8iclcK.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

I also believe some kind of trauma is being tested.

If you take too much (shock?) damage you become more susceptible to a 1 shot kill.

*Do not mention bone damage!

My character from Xmas had fought many infected in melee and suffered more than 1 fracture or injury which caused the red flash and scream.

His clothes were in tatters, his helmet useless, though I had nearly full health, one last hard shock inducing shot from a zed killed him dead with the quickness.

Beware!

*This could have always just been there in placeholderland but wasn't a factor as much as we were not taking as much damage from PvE.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

i was blleding out down to 720 blood when i finally found a bandage, grilled 4 chicken breasts and consumed them, attaining low-green energized. i sat and waited for my blood to reach 5000 over the course of one day-night cycle and until the next daybreak im assuming would be 36 hours. my hydration dropped from Hi-green to low-green but i never lost hydrated or energized. so for survival making a homestead is the best idea.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

so for survival making a homestead is the best idea.

Indeed, this is true for getting caught in the rain as well.

You're more likely to die while looking for a raincoat, trying to make a fire, or running to stay warm, than just immediately going into a house and waiting out the storm (assuming you aren't starving as well).

in previous versions i saw that the rain works alot like standing water, if you dont move at all you dont get wet. i havent been able to test this with the most recent versions.

6 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Indeed, this is true for getting caught in the rain as well.

You're more likely to die while looking for a raincoat, trying to make a fire, or running to stay warm, than just immediately going into a house and waiting out the storm (assuming you aren't starving as well).

5 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

in previous versions i saw that the rain works alot like standing water, if you dont move at all you dont get wet. i havent been able to test this with the most recent versions.

Interesting.

I understand trees are working to block some rain currently.

I do not know anything about "playing red light green light" with the rain cycles.

I also believe I have started to get damp before you could actually see the rain graphic.

Spawned in the town we fought and cooked wolves in at the end of my night last night.

Noticed 0 infected around and it was very quiet.

I thought maybe I had snuck in without dynamic infected being triggered and decided to snoop around to see if any were near.

As I began to work my way to the other side of town I heard aggro sounds.

At first I thought I had triggered aggro unknowingly and took out my hatchet.

Then it was quiet again.

Now I heard ambient infected sounds soon followed by more aggro that was not on me!

At this time I thought maybe I had been unlucky enough to spawn in where another player was looting and killing zombies and pulled out my M4.

I slid over the road and saw an infected moving at a fast speed away from me but still didn't see what had drawn it.

I decided I was best off just leaving town and started down a gulch catching aggro at some point now convinced I would be shot at any moment.

As I'm zig zagging through rocks and some water I finally hear the sound of wolves above me, possibly tangling with infected.

I knew I was basically surrounded and the slope back up to the house far to extreme so I stood my ground.

Picking off infected which were screening my shots at the wolves, I managed to get 1 screenshot during the nerve racking ordeal.

OGKHgHD.jpg

Infected bashing me when I try to shoot wolves, wolves bashing me when I shoot infected.

whap-whap-whap-whap-whap go the zambeez, wolf strike 1, wolf strike 2, kill 1 wolf, wolf strike 3, kill 2nd wolf, wolf strike 4.....

CBxq6s9.jpg

How was my DayZ?

Less than 10 minutes, but pulse pounding@!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-snip-

Did you take a new spawn yet? I'll hop in a vehicle and head down to the coast in a bit.

Also, I showed one of our new friends that Lada stuck in the air.  Hope I didn't take too much liberty.

• Like 2