Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136593

Night time servers, High gamma players, total disadvantages to players that want to play it right.

Adjust your video settings to high gamma. Looks like day time.

Hopefully that's fixed in the future. However i still am not sure the blood regen is very good. You pretty much stay at half the value over many hours of game play. Eating does only so well.

-Duping is still a factor. I know it happened by accident. -a server resets.

-desync around players, and infected still a major issue in this patch, but not as prevalent as before.

-sounds, clicking, clanking noises.

-infected are still going through the floors.

-collision detection still off for infected, going through what appears the walls, some get hung up inside a house.

The only way to know for sure if this is a problem Brian, is to make sure people arent trying to cause the desync by doing specific things to the server, client. If so maybe your Test 1 and Test 5 lock down with key testers.

I also hope BI fixes all these problems, we do not need to see this hit modding again.

Animation 'dz/animals/animations/deer_fem_skeleton/walk_grazing_turn_L72.anm' has undefined bone 'character01'
Animation 'dz/animals/animations/deer_fem_skeleton/walk_grazing_turn_R72.anm' has undefined bone 'character01'
Failed to open object dz/animals/animations/deer_skeleton/walk_nervous.anm
Failed to open object dz/animals/animations/deer_skeleton/walk_nervous.anm in animation graph dz/animals/animations/deer_skeleton/AG_deer_skeleton.ag

arma 3 had enough of these problems.

mdump errors still showing 0xc0000005

exception errors, the thread tried to read from or write to a Virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Same exact errors as x32 client on leaving the game. I believe this is usually when you find a desync error. Which i mentioned to Geez prior about desyncing you usually see that message after re logging.

hope that helps, nothing really new though.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

I still feel we breath too loud as well - I wish we could create a poll to get public opinion on it. I`m fine with the sound, but it`s not natural breathing at all - kind of annoying.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I still feel we breath too loud as well - I wish we could create a poll to get public opinion on it. I`m fine with the sound, but it`s not natural breathing at all - kind of annoying.

So far as I can tell with my sound cranked listening for footsteps it's not like anyone but you can hear the panicked panting anyway. 

I have heard people walk up walk by but have never heard their breathing, or the shouldered gun clinking sound for that matter.

Are those sounds even used across the network or are they just there to annoy and cloud your awareness of sounds around you? 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

So far as I can tell with my sound cranked listening for footsteps it's not like anyone but you can hear the panicked panting anyway. 

I have heard people walk up walk by but have never heard their breathing, or the shouldered gun clinking sound for that matter.

Do are those sounds even used across the network or are they just there to annoy and cloud your awareness of sounds around you? 

I've caught someone stalking me by hearing their loud breathing outside of the house I was in xD So yeah, they do both. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Espa said:

I've caught someone stalking me by hearing their loud breathing outside of the house I was in xD So yeah, they do both. 

Weird, I've literally laid for hours in the command V3S at checkpoints and heard all kinds of footsteps but never noticed breathing or the gun rattle in .61 .

Weird, I've literally laid for hours in the command V3S at checkpoints and heard all kinds of footsteps but never noticed breathing or the gun rattle in .61 .

As far as I can tell, it's only within about 5-10 meters that you hear their breathing. As for the gun clank noise, I'm really not sure! 

• Like 1

To get back on the fishing topic, fishing worked for me as how it always worked. Catched 2 carps, one when I didn't have 2 free spaces available for it, it went to the ground. The other one with available space and it went into my inventory. Not sure about this but they might've gave the carp fillet a new texture.

Now I believe fishing with a fishing rod found at boats is bugged or at least fishing in the sea with it is bugged. Try fishing in a pond and see if that works.

And Gary, no idea why it didn't work out for you. I fished in the same pond as you and it worked for me.

20 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Are those sounds even used across the network or are they just there to annoy and cloud your awareness of sounds around you? 

10 minutes ago, Espa said:

As far as I can tell, it's only within about 5-10 meters that you hear their breathing. As for the gun clank noise, I'm really not sure! 

Breathing and the gun clank noise is not clientside only. I have heard it multiple times when playing with other people.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

*snip*

Breathing and the gun clank noise is not clientside only. I have heard it multiple times when playing with other people.

I figured you guys would know, not sure why I've never noticed.

I didn't notice footsteps until I reviewed a video of me getting shot awhile back though, maybe I'm just not listening for it.

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

And Gary, no idea why it didn't work out for you. I fished in the same pond as you and it worked for me.

Maybe my fishing gear is bugged.  I'll dump all of it, make new stuff and give it another try later.

• Like 2

I figured you guys would know, not sure why I've never noticed.

I didn't notice footsteps until I reviewed a video of me getting shot awhile back though, maybe I'm just not listening for it.

Indeed, you can miss it easily because you hear the same sounds everytime on your own character, you will get used to it and almost won't notice it on other people.

6 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Maybe my fishing gear is bugged.  I'll dump all of it, make new stuff and give it another try later.

Maybe you might find my 4 fillets which I dropped on the ground. They're on the east-side of the pond I believe. :P

• Like 3

Since we're on the subject of sounds, I find it a bit funny that now it's inverted. Prior to 0.61, breathing sounds and footsteps were louder on 1PP, while they were more distant and quiet in 3PP, and now it's the other way around. Much quieter on 1PP, and louder on 3PP...  This is bound to have adjustments, as it makes no sense at all.

Also, even though I follow the exp thread a lot, I haven't seen anyone post about chopping bushes down. They don't seem to get chopped off like they used to, but still give you sticks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

What about territory control? Isn't that a reason for wolves to attack people? Personally I would love to see wolves that are fast and extremely dangerous, but also cautious and scared of gunshots, so maybe the biggest issue would be pulling out your gun in time or deciding to expend that ammo early enough to not have a messy situation lol. This would add paranoia while building a fire in the woods or splinting and eating up next to a tree.

I would think wolves avoid fires like most wild animals.

Territory control might make them pursue you, attack you , or kill you, but I think this is still a rare thing under most circumstances.

*Bonus

My holiday gift to myself arrived, unfortunately too late to wear to UFC last Friday:

v0atcIr.jpg

The hand written customs slip listed the contents as 1 T-ShOrt.   =D

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Since we're on the subject of sounds, I find it a bit funny that now it's inverted. Prior to 0.61, breathing sounds and footsteps were louder on 1PP, while they were more distant and quiet in 3PP, and now it's the other way around. Much quieter on 1PP, and louder on 3PP...  This is bound to have adjustments, as it makes no sense at all.

Also, even though I follow the exp thread a lot, I haven't seen anyone post about chopping bushes down. They don't seem to get chopped off like they used to, but still give you sticks.

I've got my 1pp guy stuck a couple time and gone on 3pp to observe checkpoints from the command V3S, from what I saw and heard you don't stand a chance playing 1pp against 3pp. I can't move around in 3pp because it makes me disoriented and nauseous, hear it's the opposite for most people.

You can spam sticks and firewood right now. 

• Like 1

You can hear other breathing too within (5-10) meters with mic at least Corsair one, but footsteps is louder though or if you carry two weapons *clank sound*. But I get tired to hear my own breathing, because I feel it is too loud at the moment. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

For the last couple patches, I have been watching this bug that prevents two people from fishing simultaneously at the same place.  I think it is a network bubble determined thing, because back in .59 I played with ColdAtrophy some around Black Lake and Willow Lake trying to range test the fishing interruption at about 650 meters.

What I know is that if one person is fishing already, and another tries to fish, both people will get message that "I have moved and pulled the bait out of the water" and nobody will be able to successfully fish until one of the players has completely left the area.  I never successfully determined the maximum range.
For all I know, only one person per server may be able to fish at any given time.

Perhaps somebody was picking apples, searching sticks, or something else that interferes with fishing in a similar manner.  I believe I tested this with Dudester at the beginning of .61 Exp, and confirmed it still to be the case that two players cannot fish together.

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

-snip-

You can spam sticks and firewood right now. 

You can also spam for small stones, berries, chopped firewood, and basically anything else that works the same way.  I made a pile of berries for a hapless newbie on my way out of 3 valleys last week, and I spam rocks now that I can, because 21 search cycles is just too damned much to deal with to find a rock on rocky ground.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

So I am out lost somewhere and wandering down a creek bed and spot 3 players well geared, prone, rolling to clear the grass so they can get a better shot at me and I run the opposite way and up a hill to a tree line and spin around to see what they do. I can't see 1 of them and I watch for a sec mostly hidden and poof a bullet rips the ground in front of me and then as I spin and run, whiz whiz splat splat whiz, bullets are hitting branches and the ground and trees lol. I play sub captain and break line of sight and then make a 45 degree turn left and then run and get into more trees. Seems like there are lots of barrels, not much of anything else and so many zombies that getting into towns and wasting bullets to find nothing is frustrating. I guess I am going to have to dump my stuff in a barrel next time I find one and take and axe and a handful of bandages and go chopping and looting. :-D 

• Like 2

Anyone else find a longhorn in literally every deer stand? Checked about 8 last night and all of them had one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

People kept posting, "trees don't fall, trees don't fall".

May be related.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

Speaking of territorial animal behavior....

Wolves need dens don't they?

That's a way in which you can definitely get attacked.

Stumbling on a wolves den....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I would think wolves avoid fires like most wild animals.

What comes to mind for me when I think fireplaces is the scenes in The Grey where they are attacked a couple times beside the fire. I'm sure The Grey is no standard for realism though :P

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stevie Lim said:

Does anyone know if the servers are wiped everytime new patches come out?

Read the original post for every version for the last week. 

Yes. 

8 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Reporting in.  I've definitely heard the breathing on several occasions but I haven't heard the gun clinking.

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

What I know is that if one person is fishing already, and another tries to fish, both people will get message that "I have moved and pulled the bait out of the water" and nobody will be able to successfully fish until one of the players has completely left the area.  I never successfully determined the maximum range.
For all I know, only one person per server may be able to fish at any given time.

Well that would explain it.  Everyone stop fishing on SNG 0-1 for 24 hours.  ;)

• Like 1