SMoss

Stable Branch - 0.60 Discussion

21 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

yeah, koffeekage this is where the infected are supposed to make their grand entrance, en masse, via what is being called "dynamic AI spawn".

I have hopes for Wednesday but that's just a gut feeling, no official word have I seen RE: .61.

I think nothing will change about infected spawns in the cities. The thing they are adding is predators and roaming infected. And roaming infected are basically the same as predators with different settings; at least when it comes to wolves. So what we'll be seeing is most likely not more infected in cities but all around them. I wouldn't mind more, many more infected in cities. But I don't quite expect that, yet. Would be awesome though.  

Edited by S3V3N

On June 18, 2016 at 8:13 AM, ori42 said:

I think they don`t want zombies in the smaller towns - and I doubt it`s about performance, but game design.

You can watch zombies from the distance to see if any players nearby for instance if they move around or stand still - it`s too easy to spot players for experienced dayz players with zombies in the area. 

I hope this isn't the case. Back in the mod, you could tell if survivors were in a town simply by their presence. Even that was preferable to having no infected in towns. Even if they got infected roaming aimlessly all the time, you'd be able to spot if there was a player in town based on how they react. If an infected spots a player, anyone outside who's watching would be able to hone in on that player.

Hopefully, they can get the AI and server optimizations working so that infected don't stand still when nobody's around. But, if they can't do that, I hope they still put infected back in small towns. Unless you're playing for PvP, the tension goes out of much of the game without the increased threat of the infected.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

I think nothing will change about infected spawns in the cities. The thing they are adding is predators and roaming infected. And roaming infected are basically the same as predators with different settings; at least when it comes to wolves. So what we'll be seeing is most likely not more infected in cities but all around them. I wouldn't mind more, many more infected in cities. But I don't quite expect that, yet. Would be awesome though.  

That's not true at all.

More infected are confirmed?

12 minutes ago, wasnu said:

nice one devs, smoking cooking pots. love it 

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=dce89a-1466353750.jpg

Chimneys smoke too when you make a fire inside a house/oven. It's a nice attention to detail, but been in the game at least since 0.58. 

About "zombies" - of course they said "more infected are coming", because they will be adding roamers. However, there is no indication as far as I can tell that the infected numbers in towns will actually rise significantly. I don't know if 0.61 has the full infected update planned (with lootable gear + custom clothes), but as far as I know that is all coming later. When the infected are final they can raise the numbers. Right now it would just be extra work for extra nothing, because they have to do it properly again later.

On 6/18/2016 at 11:07 AM, Red_Ensign said:

THE SERVER LIST IS CURRENTLY HORRIBLE.  not many (if any) useful filters, and when you select a server, the highlighting doesn't go all the way across.  makes checking ping, pop, time and whether it's password/private a frustrating unnecessary hassle.  that's the biggest issue by far, in my opinion.  and that's not a bug, that was a decision.  I dunno what they were thinking.  maybe it was meant to make server hopping a hassle.

haven't had a gun jam yet, but so far I've only shot at chickens and a couple of zeds.  I'm hoping boars still spawn.  I've heard deer still do.

To highlight the server list all the way across use the scroll wheel 

1 hour ago, S3V3N said:

I enjoy the thoughts of roaming infected though. 

• Like 1

I will give away my bushrag woodland to get UK 1 experimental server hype! hehe - only half server at the moment. ))

You can conceal your secondary weapon though if it`s a mp5 or scorpion easy with it. :)

30ufhus.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dudester100 said:

WOBO released a video about 0.60 

I may be a bit of a sheldon but dammmmnnnnn..... who subbed this into pulp.

Still good vid. 

• Like 1

I hope they look into weapon sway next patch when u stand still for minutes - it`s hard to hit anything beyond 500 meters, and hold breath doesn`t do much at the moment -

it slows it down, but it`s much easier to hold your weapon still when I am out hunting deers in real life. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

I enjoy the thoughts of roaming infected though. 

Definitely. I really hope roamers and predators will become a huge safety issue at night. If you're not prepared to lock yourself into a house, they should be able to take down whole groups of players. I would like to see situations where it is nearly impossible to simply outrun the infected (as we can do that now easily). Not because they are freakingly strong or fast, but simply because there are so many of them. But for that we need accelerated server time again (idk if any servers have it now), because I don't want to play at night and sit around for 12 hours chasing zombies off in darkness; maybe in a mod :p

Also, man you speak my language! I was watching some people through the scope and the rifle just kept wobbling about. It did it in ArmaII (the last Arma I played), but you could always at least get a decent shot off, once in a while. It mattered more if you were prone or standing, too. Here you have sway and then the weapon kick back and then more sway! Even when lying down...

I do like the idea of making it hard for snipers to hit anything, but this is really just annoying and I prefer any other rifle over a sniper now. Not that I ever was sniping much, but compared to a comparatively easy to get M4, the CR527 is terrible in almost every way. I compared it to the Winchester and find it even harder to hit a mark with it. The best ranged weapon seems to still be the Blaze with the ability to fire two shots at once. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, S3V3N said:

Also: why "r" for chambering? If I have three mags now, I have to waste a hotkey for each of them to be able to quickly reload. Before I could just press "r" if I had any magazines. Sometimes the devs really need to think about practicality and how to make things easier for the player.

If your gun is empty (mag and chamber) and you have a loaded mag in your inventory you get a reload icon in the middle of the screen. If you press the use key (default 'F') it will reload the gun with another mag from your inventory.

6 hours ago, koffeekage said:

i lost my gear and have been on the same server since they opened up bunches of them on experimental, never had the issue while on EX

I had this problem on Experimental twice or three times, not on stable (yet).

• Like 1

For the over (h)eaters :)

So i was also getting hot/overheating statuses. Thought i would hop in water and didnt cool off. Appearently taking all your clothes off and swim for a minute does the trick. 

Dont know if intendid but I like it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

I want 0.61 experimental now

pretty please

Exp times tend to be the best times for playing .. thereafter people are splitting again into KOS, server hopping, private servers, white listed ones, role play and so on ... exp is a joint experience.

• Like 1

Probably been asked, but is there a way to filter Private and Password servers. SO annoying to have the server list spammed with so many unplayable wastes of time.

Also, what happened to the "P" key? It used to bring up the player list.

1 minute ago, Noctoras said:

Exp times tend to be the best times for playing .. thereafter people are splitting again into KOS, server hopping, private servers, white listed ones, role play and so on ... exp is a joint experience.

Not quite, we've established a whole group at the moment at Stable. Sometimes we're playing with more than 5 people at once. I have to say it's a great experience because on Stable I usually roam around solo. :)

Just now, IMT said:

Not quite, we've established a whole group at the moment at Stable. Sometimes we're playing with more than 5 people at once. I have to say it's a great experience because on Stable I usually roam around solo. :)

lucky you ;)  I am happy, if I got one person to play with, maxing out on two :P    and usually our interaction is rather limited, since KOS is a lot more prevalent than on experimental ;) 

2 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Also, what happened to the "P" key? It used to bring up the player list.

you can use steam overlay or ingame pressing righ shift+P. you will see no playernames but you can scroll down the "list" and calculate how many players are on your server.

btw, steam overlay and right shift+p should be closed to. no need for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasnu said:

you can use steam overlay or ingame pressing righ shift+P. you will see no playernames but you can scroll down the "list" and calculate how many players are on your server.

btw, steam overlay and right shift+p should be closed to. no need for it

Basically yes. But they tacke problems where there are non and existing problems keep untouched. Just browsing the list will still give you many join=kick server and probably many more who do not name it, but do it. In order to kick someone you need to see the player list. I don't know, but to me, removing the player list for your average player is working on the wrong end of the stick.

• Like 3

yes, its like every update.

People who payed for an server think "loot is all mine".

i reported so many server with .59, wrote tickets to the gsp and only answer was allways "we will investigate it" and nothing happend.

"flamed" about it in the old forum and get told, BI couldn´t do anything....

BI has to push through their contracts with the gsp, its not ours/mine

but, wasting time and interweb ressource to write it down here, we will see what happens in the long term. 

EDIT: and there are so many servers with "join=ban", "join=kick" and "public with password", what tells me it´s part of the business and i have to live with that

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, wasnu said:

yes, its like every update.

People who payed for an server think "loot is all mine".

i reported so many server with .59, wrote tickets to the gsp and only answer was allways "we will investigate it" and nothing happend.

"flamed" about it in the old forum and get told, BI couldn´t do anything....

BI has to push through their contracts with the gsp, its not ours/mine

but, wasting time and interweb ressource to write it down here, we will see what happens in the long term. 

yep. They are working on a new server browser for 0.61.

If this browser will not include a "reporting" button, I reckon allowing to break the respective is deliberate in order to maximise server cash flow.

Given how much this topic has been discussed over and over, not implementing an easy way of reporting would be intentional. You are right, we will see.

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Noctoras said:

lucky you ;)  I am happy, if I got one person to play with, maxing out on two :P    and usually our interaction is rather limited, since KOS is a lot more prevalent than on experimental ;) 

I guess you can join us if you want if the rest doesn't mind.

I have had several encounters since Stable came out and most of my encounters ended in an hold up. The best one was to be honest the encounter yesterday in Stary when I noticed a Mosin or Carbine shot. They managed to kill Speeder and Luc took position somewhere in a bush and managed to kill one of them in front of the hospital. After that it was the waiting game and the encounter lasted at least 30 minutes but the firefight only a few seconds, a typical DayZ encounter. When I saw the guy Luc started to rush a bit and took some shots at the person. The guy obviously tried to return fire and try to take his revenge. What he didn't know was the fact I was there, they have not seen me yet as sneaky as I am. He was aiming at Luc while Luc was struggling with a zombie. I put my crosshair on his head and took a few shots which all hit the fence not far from me. At the same time I stood up he noticed someone else was shooting at him and I took another couple of shots. This time I hit the guy and saw him bleeding and running away so I took the chance and rushed to him. Saw him lying in the grass and he was unconscious. We stripped him of his ammo and stuff which has value and went our way leaving my typical message "don't shoot on sight next time". Not only did we strip him of his ammo and valuable stuff but his dignity as well.

• Like 1