SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

I don't know why I run around assembling perfect M4 setups.  I just wind up leaving them in barrels in the middle of the road - I left 2 tonight, both with good condition ACOGs and one with a full coupled STANAG and one with a full 40 RD Mag (I'm a Blaze, Winchester, Mosin, or even SKS man myself - I like the thought that each and every shot has to count).  I guess it just gives me something to do since barrels still get caught in trees (and there's no point building a camp on EXP).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, boneboys said:

The Dr is IN...

Version 0.60.133665

Server Crashes.

12 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I have a request.

When these small post stable updates come through, could you guys (Bohemia Interactive staff and/or mods) please tell us what this update aims to fix so we know where to focus our attention? 

I'm having a lot of fun with this build in the last couple days.

I'd like to just make a tiny request though and I know it should be incredibly low priority, but... Could you guys please uber-nerf the durability of the stone knife? It always bugs me that switching from my jagged piece of rock to a real knife is in every way a step down, I still make the switch because the role-play part of my brain wins but the efficiency part screams at me.

• Like 2

Is it possible that a US chopper crash just spawned with no loot?  I ran by a spawn point with NO chopper.  Less than 10 minutes later, I ran back he same way - bingo - chopper crash!  I run up to the smoking wreck and . . . nada.  Not a single bit of loot.  No pants.  No guns.  No attachments.  No grenades.  Nothing.  This was on EXP SC02 at 046 094 just a few minutes ago.  That s a pretty empty server.  Sure, someone could have come by in that time frame and picked up (without missing any) every single item, worthwhile or not.  But that doesn't seem likely.

Also, it still doesn't seem possible to combine single V3S wheels into doubles; is that correct?

@BioHaze - I did see what Boneboys posted. I just didn't read it the way you emphasized. I thought it was him saying that he already noticed server crashes on this patch. I see I was likely wrong. Either way, they don't usually tell us anything about these small patches and "server crashes" really isn't enough information to know what game actions to focus on. 

Howdy Folks!

I've been scouring the land for some animals to hunt but thus far I've only been able to find chickens!

Anyone know any reliable cow or goat hunting ground?

I found three deer! Sadly three shots from my sporter wasn't enough to kill the buck and they all sprinted into the forest and away :(

NG0Ohs6.jpg

On a side note I'm permanently hypothermic (with no apparent effects).

Also vehicles seem to be impermanent. But I'm guessing many of you already know this...

Been playing on US SC 02 1PP... See you all there!

Edited by FlimFlamm

1 hour ago, FlimFlamm said:

On a side note I'm permanently hypothermic (with no apparent effects).

Also vehicles seem to be impermanent. But I'm guessing many of you already know this...

Been playing on US SC 02 1PP... See you all there!

Just a quick verification- do you mean hyPERthermic? 

Just now, eno said:

Just a quick verification- do you mean hyPERthermic? 

Ahh, you're totally right... Blasted eyes of mine...

I'll try cooling down, thanks!

Just now, FlimFlamm said:

Ahh, you're totally right... Blasted eyes of mine...

I'll try cooling down, thanks!

Glad to help!

6 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

@BioHaze - I did see what Boneboys posted. I just didn't read it the way you emphasized. I thought it was him saying that he already noticed server crashes on this patch. I see I was likely wrong. Either way, they don't usually tell us anything about these small patches and "server crashes" really isn't enough information to know what game actions to focus on. 

On 6/21/2016 at 7:53 AM, SMoss said:

- AI Related Server Crash
- Container Lifetime Refresh Issue
- Known Duplication Methods
- Vehicle Location/Position Persistence

Possibly this from the status report.

10 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Is it possible that a US chopper crash just spawned with no loot?  I ran by a spawn point with NO chopper.  Less than 10 minutes later, I ran back he same way - bingo - chopper crash!  I run up to the smoking wreck and . . . nada.  Not a single bit of loot.  No pants.  No guns.  No attachments.  No grenades.  Nothing.  This was on EXP SC02 at 046 094 just a few minutes ago.  That s a pretty empty server.  Sure, someone could have come by in that time frame and picked up (without missing any) every single item, worthwhile or not.  But that doesn't seem likely.

Also, it still doesn't seem possible to combine single V3S wheels into doubles; is that correct?

The thing is, if the crash site was at that location before the server restart, when the server restarts, the crash site still appear for it's time period, but the items won't, and just ends up cleaned up. You can test it live when you see a crash site, try to get to it and see the red message in the middle of the screen telling the server restarted, and you're screwed... You come back again to the same server, crash site in sight, but no loot to be found.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, odin_lowe said:

The thing is, if the crash site was at that location before the server restart, when the server restarts, the crash site still appear for it's time period, but the items won't, and just ends up cleaned up. You can test it live when you see a crash site, try to get to it and see the red message in the middle of the screen telling the server restarted, and you're screwed... You come back again to the same server, crash site in sight, but no loot to be found.

I guess I could have missed i on the way by.  Seems odd, as it was smoking, but odder things have happened.

• Like 2

The Dr is IN.
Vs 0.60.133772

Concerns fixes for server crashes and character gear loss.

Come one, come all, this is important for data collect.

• Like 2

Anyone have a chance to spend time on this build? It was my intention to do some testing last night but I had the not-so-often opportunity to play DayZ with friends IRL last night and they were keen on Stable for private hives.

It`s the same 0.60 exp. patch?

I`ve not downloaded anything yet..

On 7/7/2016 at 1:17 AM, boneboys said:

The Dr is IN.
Vs 0.60.133772

how would you recommend testing this?

2 hours ago, koffeekage said:

how would you recommend testing this?

Play on the Exp servers a see if the hot fix's are working, that may help get .61 to get here sooner and maybe work better if we report that the hot fix's are good. I'm half blind but i can see that.

The more help we give them about the game instead of bitching so much the New dayz standalone will get finished. 

Edited by green_mtn_grandbob

Pretty sure there is an experimental server thread. Just sayin. 

i have been really good with server crashes, are they talking about tents also or just loading in naked?

On 7/8/2016 at 4:22 PM, Echo4890 said:

servers down?

I can only see the "central east 0-1" server.

Edited by Echo4890

idk if they are working on vehicle persistence but vehicles arent keeping like i would think they should. Is that one of the topics or is it just tents that are getting scrutinized? 

On 7/7/2016 at 0:17 PM, boneboys said:

The Dr is IN.
Vs 0.60.133772

So i didnt realize experimental was live again, So the topic i posted in general to determine what is causing the loss is being looked at in experimental with the bipods etc?

Just asking because breakdowns are not really shown what we are suppose to look for.