SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Had a funny moment earlier on US Centraleast 0-1 where it was a beautiful sunny day and I was getting progressively wetter. Took out my canteen and sure enough I could catch rain water. When I re-joined the server it was graphically raining as well. To be specific, when I initially joined I wasn't getting wet. Best I can tell I got rainy while I was playing but graphically that information wasn't relayed to me until I re-joined the server.

Edited by ebrim

iAobzOB.jpg

~Please Give SA .61~

Think of the children.... won't somebody think of the children!?

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Hidden Content

~Please Give SA .61~

Think of the children.... won't somebody think of the children!?

• Like 1

New Exp update.
Vs 0.60.133861

49.5mb.
No details at this time, there are a couple of €uropean servers + a couple of US of A's.

• Like 1

And now, my complete camp has gone :(

Other players have the same problem?

8 minutes ago, hypercop said:

That's why most Experimental regulars don't build (big) camps in Experimental.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hypercop said:

Yeah, if the first rule of DayZ is don´t get attached to your gear then that only just applies 10x more in Exp. Just wander around and have fun or just switch over to stable if you want things to be... well, more stable.

• Like 2

I had read that the plate carrier pouches were not spawning in 0.60 and personally, I had only found the plate carrier itself and the pistol holster. But, either it was simply extremely rare, or it's been re-added because yesterday I found the pouches at a Mi-8 crash site.

2nhpyu0.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I had read that the plate carrier pouches were not spawning in 0.60 and personally, I had only found the plate carrier itself and the pistol holster. But, either it was simply extremely rare, or it's been re-added because yesterday I found the pouches at a Mi-8 crash site.

Hidden Content

Others have said the same and shown pictures as well, so I'd say that's fixed now. Something else I'm hearing though (but haven't verified myself): no weapons spawning at crash sites in 0.60.133861?

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Tatanko said:

no weapons spawning at crash sites in 0.60.133861?

I haven't seen a crash site yet but civilian rifles seem hard to find too atm. I haven't seen a single one and I've looted enough to have two separate camps started.  I found a scorpion in a police station and I'm still carrying that as my primary.  Maybe I'll try a run up to Nagornoe and see if there's some luck in the hunting stands.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I haven't seen a crash site yet but civilian rifles seem hard to find too atm. I haven't seen a single one and I've looted enough to have two separate camps started.  I found a scorpion in a police station and I'm still carrying that as my primary.  Maybe I'll try a run up to Nagornoe and see if there's some luck in the hunting stands.

Hmm... I've actually seen a few sks in hunting stands (one of which I'm using) but not much else come to think of it.

There's a lot of loot clustering going on. As in, you find lots of the same type of item in a certain locale. I feel like there's some corner of the map I haven't been to yet that is awash in mosins. Just like I found all the hiking jackets in the world near the railway terminus in my server.

Edited by ebrim
  • Like 1

Ok, so I've found about 6 UH-1Y crash sites, and 5 Mi-8 ones with no weapon at all. Ammo, nades, clothes, plate carrier attachments, vests, etc. But no rifles, SMGs or pistols. 

I'll continue my search but so far I can confirm that guns don't seem to spawn at crash sites in the current hot-fix.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ebrim said:

Hmm... I've actually seen a few sks in hunting stands (one of which I'm using) but not much else come to think of it.

There's a lot of loot clustering going on. As in, you find lots of the same type of item in a certain locale. I feel like there's some corner of the map I haven't been to yet that is awash in mosins. Just like I found all the hiking jackets in the world near the railway terminus in my server.

I did eventually find a Repeater in a hunting stand and shortly after that found an AKM in a quanset hut at NWAF.   No mag for it yet but I've tossed it into a barrel just in case.  I havent been over to Terminus but I've seen some loot clustering in nearby Vavilovo.  It seems to epicenter around the piano house and in the nearby cars.  Lots of quilted jackets, hiking jackets and a few snaploaders for the blaze. 

18 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Ok, so I've found about 6 UH-1Y crash sites, and 5 Mi-8 ones with no weapon at all. Ammo, nades, clothes, plate carrier attachments, vests, etc. But no rifles, SMGs or pistols. 

I'll continue my search but so far I can confirm that guns don't seem to spawn at crash sites in the current hot-fix.

On my airfield run I saw one huey at the strip and one near Grishino, both seemed untouched as they had plenty of good stuff but not a single gun.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the experimental servers have the new audio and/or predators in yet? 

2 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

Does anyone know if the experimental servers have the new audio and/or predators in yet? 

No.

That will be in .61.

This is all .60.

Also, dynamic infected spawn >>>> predators, IMO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Give .61

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

No.

That will be in .61.

This is all .60.

Also, dynamic infected spawn >>>> predators, IMO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Give .61

0.60.133861 is the version of exp thaf i could find. It looks like 60.1 to me, hence the question lol. So experimental servers are essentially the same build as stable for now? I apologize if this a newb question but i cant seem to find the info anywhere else.

EDIT: In my opinion the exp build should say .60.01xxxx to help dummies like me understand whats going on :)

Edited by JBURNS489

4 hours ago, JBURNS489 said:

0.60.133861 is the version of exp thaf i could find. It looks like 60.1 to me, hence the question lol. So experimental servers are essentially the same build as stable for now? I apologize if this a newb question but i cant seem to find the info anywhere else.

EDIT: In my opinion the exp build should say .60.01xxxx to help dummies like me understand whats going on :)

No worries, it's a little mysterious of a process but usually Experimental is running a different build and then if that build solved a known problem the build is then pushed to stable bringing them in synch.

A full version number difference in the 10's column (6.1, 6.2, 6.3.... etc) indicates major changes from the last stable candidate and at our stage of the game (no pun) means whole new modules (audio, animations system, etc), and game mechanics which is a much bigger step than the successive bug fixing throughout the Experimental process which is more incremental and nuanced in nature.

Lately we have had some brief descriptions of what has been fixed from build to build but this is historically unusual and currently a little sporadic.

I hope that helps!

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

Ok so maybe Im a dumbass but I cannot figure out how to post a bug anywhere...

I was in an offroad but What is the deal with getting near stationary vehicles while your in a vehicle? My fps drops to 1 frame per second.. And then maybe less than a mile down the road after having passed the sitting non running vehicle the offroad stops moving all together like its glued to the ground until I remove a back tire and then it flips whichever way it wants. The bus is the biggest culprit I've seen of this bug... 

Maybe this has been reported before but I cant find it.. Just hoping someone sees this.

17 minutes ago, Masprotech said:

Ok so maybe Im a dumbass but I cannot figure out how to post a bug anywhere...

I was in an offroad but What is the deal with getting near stationary vehicles while your in a vehicle? My fps drops to 1 frame per second.. And then maybe less than a mile down the road after having passed the sitting non running vehicle the offroad stops moving all together like its glued to the ground until I remove a back tire and then it flips whichever way it wants. The bus is the biggest culprit I've seen of this bug... 

Maybe this has been reported before but I cant find it.. Just hoping someone sees this.

Yeah, vehicle vicinity desynch has been getting progressively worse for quite a while and I imagine the lions share of work/optimization is no where near complete yet.

Looking at the trello recently gave me hope though.

Try to imagine a time when we need belts and a distributor cap and you'll realize just how much work still needs to be done.

Holy shit....

I didn't see a lot of this wolf stuff that Hicks put up!

https://trello.com/b/5yzeFpo2/dayz

^Scroll down on the sidebar and then even press view all activity once you get to the bottom.

There should be some of the car part models in there somewhere.

Edit: https://trello.com/c/QJypA4El/50-vehicle-maintenance-parts

^For some upcoming car components models, it was pretty far down.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

its going to be hilarious when Dayz gets modded into a military shooter, it would be better than arma due to just the UI

• Like 2

I know it's Wednesday maintenance so anything's possible but there's some curious stuff going on.

Loaded up Experimental and went to the server list to see this, the one highlighted in red seemed odd for an official server

Spoiler

4W6fSUC.jpg

(If you look closely you'll see my Experimental character has a cowboy hat and a yellow armband)

So I avoided that one and tried out US Southwest 0-2

Spoiler

tI5zXdY.jpg

Odd for several reasons, first that's my Stable public character not my Experimental guy (green beret and black armband) and second, notice the notification down on the left.

I dunno what it all means, maybe they're pushing this experimental to stable today?  

Just an FYI - it might be wise to wait until maintenance is done if you don't want your exp/stable characters getting all mixed up.

Edited by GaryWalnuts

Mondays build was pushed to Stable today.

Also if History/Favorites do not show after switch/refresh, go back to Welcome Page and then hit Change Server.
Should now show.

As for red Exp server, check ip if persitant PM MrMoss or myself for status check.

• Like 1