SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

is it bugusing when you go to debug island by car ?

should be faster than swimming, i think

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

What happened to Dudester that he didn't make it?!

I'll definitely take that land mine when I'm back on this evening after work. I have a desire to do some more testing, but I didn't make the journey properly equipped to do all of it, so I may just have to make another swim out this week with more supplies. Now that we know how "easy" (careless) it is to make it to the island currently, I think I can take more risks with clothing for additional cargo capacity.

I must have been getting close to the island after all that swimming but unfortunately i went unconscious from dehydration i didn't think to drink from the well at skalisty island before i left i just rushed it to debug and thought i would be fine oh well at least i tried i might try again later with more preparation it seems while you swim you burn through hydration pretty quick but hunger takes a lot longer to burn through while your swimming and you don't seem to get cold for a long time either also swimming in that empty ocean will cause you to get ocean madness and start hallucinating that you think you see the island on the horizon i also felt i would die from sensory deprivation from looking at the ocean for an hour and a half before i died from thirst or hunger haha.  

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 7

83E488A015B3BE12F002E09724659D32570AB4D0When did this become a thing?  Yeah, a longhorn with a holosight.  Now I don't really have an issue with it, a holosight is a holosight after all.  First time I've seen this, it was in a Deer Blind

And then there's this...

79E3184719D7A40BE26363C600384058641C7EEC

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, wasnu said:

CLE is good, but for me (love the coast, the fog and my fishtraps) i don´t want to be "pushed" to went inland.

its an sandbox," your life your journey", i dont want getting pushed to move inland. 

If and when i want to walk up north/west, it should be my choice, not be forced due CLE

Its an wrong way for me to punish the pewpew kids away from the coast.

only my opinion, but this was the "master plan" behind dayz, your life your choice

Sorry, but the coast dwelling fresh spawn killers need to be stopped, this is a survival game not COD bud. 

if you say so, ok.

you missunderstood what i meant, i am not "that bambie hunter" i live at the coast because its looking so damm nice with fog. 

i craft my fishtraps and do farming my food, bambies don´t see me and everything is fine.

My point was, i dont want to be forced to go inland (by the devs in an sandbox game), it has to be my choice and its my decision if/when i want to go inland or not.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, barnabus said:

When did this become a thing?  Yeah, a longhorn with a holosight.  Now I don't really have an issue with it, a holosight is a holosight after all.  First time I've seen this, it was in a Deer Blind

We can swap the crossbow holosight with the longhorn scope, and vice-versa, since 8 or 9 months ago. It's been a while alright. I think it was in 0.57 if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wasnu said:

I like the new scarcity of ammo!

my cristall ball says, when .60 hits stable the pewpew kids will cry rivers. "Yeahhh, PvP with 100 FPS in cherno is soo great"...SORRY guys, deathmatching with only 5 Bullets in your shiny M4A1 will not be funny.

Hahaha, this will be great times in the forums. Hope the devs will survive this shitstorm :)

Don't forget to thank the mods in advance for dealing with all the people who are enraged over the new difficulties in making endless coastal pew-pew with military grade rifles.

7 hours ago, barnabus said:

snip

.59 was the first time i noticed holosight and pistol scope cross-compatibility.  Holosight is pretty poor on the longhorn, buy the pistol sight is pretty cool on the crossbow.

7 hours ago, Soupy98 said:

Sorry, but the coast dwelling fresh spawn killers need to be stopped, this is a survival game not COD bud. 

If you are one of the two I shot in that teleporting sedan yesterday in Kamy, I did it for science.  #sorrynotsorry

Experiment:  Found a working sedan in need of spark plug.  Added spark plug.  Attempted to drive.  Car appeared to move properly for driver, but passengers experienced a static vehicle, stuck in the middle of town.  I got out of car after driving around the block, and I was back in the original location of the sedan.  While the sedan appeared to be outside town from my view, others were able to enter the invisible place from where I had moved the car.  While watching my visible instance of the car  I could see players pop into existence while entering the car from the original location; effectively teleporting themselves over a distance of around 100 meters.  When I shot the two occupants who had teleported to my instance of the sedan, they died.

Conclusion:  Quantum-entanglement is working properly.

Special thanks to Shcroedinger's Freshies.  You were both in the middle of town, and on the outskirts of town at the same time, until you entered the sedan.  You were both alive and dead, until the instant I "observed" you.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 14

Had an interesting session last evening. I spawned in the pouring rain with night fast approaching. The wipe the day before had taken  most of my gear. I wanted to try growing something in the rain and at night so I ran around frantically looting, looking for seeds and a hoe. It was very soon pitch black and raining harder than I've ever seen in Dayz. My frame rate was lower than usual too but still decently in the 50's. At some point I alt-tabbed out to adjust the scroll wheel on my mouse and got an all white screen on rejoining the game. I could hear the rain in the background but had no mouse pointer. Task Master showed the game 'not responding' so I shut it down and then rejoined. Upon rejoining I was 'unconscious'. I didn't wake up for five minutes so I shut down and tried again. This time I was conscious but almost all my gear was ruined. It was still pouring rain. I continued my pursuit of farming items and eventually was able to grow pumpkins and did not have to water them.  However by the time this happened the sun was up so I didn't get the chance to see if gardens will grow in the dark. I don't adjust gamma at night and I have to say that it was the gloomiest night I've ever spent in Dayz, no moon and heavy rain. Daybreak though, with the morning mist in the air was awesome.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Useless post.  Just wanted to make it onto page 100!  Cant believe i have read every single one of these! So worth it!

We are already on page 100 :)

• Like 1

Overheating. Was wearing a gorka jacket, hunting pants, a boonie hat, and an improvised pack. Took me approx real time 1 hour of running around in, sitting in, prone in, swimming in a pond at night in the rain while naked to cool down to normal. Not sure if this is something that will normalize with a stamina system or what but it just seems like the cooldown time takes ages. Still preferable to one of the patches where you would frequently freeze to death with pristine winter clothing and standing on top three roaring fires though. 

Haven't really had much zombie interaction in this patch as I have been around 40% of the towns so far and have encountered less than a dozen zombies total. Have been able to shoot them from 100m easily enough or just mele them like normal. The loot system looks like its a lot more stable have not seen any loot explosions or too many completely barren areas. The loot concentration looks like as it was planned. 

Animal AI is a lot better now yeah occasionally get stuck but they look great animations work fine their detection is fine quantity is good. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, popeandy said:

Overheating. Was wearing a gorka jacket, hunting pants, a boonie hat, and an improvised pack. Took me approx real time 1 hour of running around in, sitting in, prone in, swimming in a pond at night in the rain while naked to cool down to normal. Not sure if this is something that will normalize with a stamina system or what but it just seems like the cooldown time takes ages. Still preferable to one of the patches where you would frequently freeze to death with pristine winter clothing and standing on top three roaring fires though. 

Haven't really had much zombie interaction in this patch as I have been around 40% of the towns so far and have encountered less than a dozen zombies total. Have been able to shoot them from 100m easily enough or just mele them like normal. The loot system looks like its a lot more stable have not seen any loot explosions or too many completely barren areas. The loot concentration looks like as it was planned. 

Animal AI is a lot better now yeah occasionally get stuck but they look great animations work fine their detection is fine quantity is good. 

Yeah for sure! Ive spent most my time submerged in some ol creek, slithering from water hole to water hole! I Put on a ghille hood recently and im still suprised my shadow wasnt burnt into the pavement from spontaniously combusting.

I think a "cool off" animation near a watersource, tap, or using a bottle would really help! 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet in the thread but my only quarrel with this patch is the terrible vehicle Desync (when coming close to other vehicles). I was driving my truck and came across a town with two sedans , as soon as I passed by them (they were in the field next to the road I was on) the truck just stopped and j couldn't move , suddenly the screen changes to me stuck in a fence across the street ... Then one of the sedans just up and vanished because the other one started sliding into it ! The vanishing act car appeared hundreds of feet down in the woods in a little foresty dike .... Weird vehicles , if that gets fixed this will be the perfect experimental patch !

• Like 3

Did some more good science today.  I ran around with IMT and Luc for a couple hours and got some stuff ruined along the way.  We met up around Vyshnoye and ran to overwatch Stary tents for a while.  We saw three players total and advanced ahead of them to Kabanino.  They must have been thorough looters, because we waited almost twenty minutes before I heard a robbery take place outside my building.  A short time later we heard a single M4 shot ring out from the fields in between NWAF and Vybor.  We eventually found some people at work on the barracks at VMC, and decided to abandon the chase.  While deliberating in the field between Kabanino and Vybor distillery, IMT saw a bodsy in the field, and we determined this to be the evidence of the shot we heard earlier.  While running to the south end of NWAF, I came over a small ridge/hedgerow and came under fire from a guy crouching in the field with an M4.  I returned fire, while taking bullets, and IMT and Luc started firing too.  We discovered he was still alive, so I bound his hands with wire and bandaged myself.  He came back to consciousness as I was applying a splint to fix my fractured arm, and throwing away my ruined marine jacket.  Luc and IMT let him know the error of his ways, as they took every useful item from him.  I came back and told him that I was okay, and asked if he preferred to carry on, or take a fast trip to the coast.  he said he preferred to move along, and accepted the terms that he not start wiggling out of the restraints until we are out of view.  And off we went to loot NWAF.

The eastern hangars and barracks were pretty sparse, and the tents too confusing and exposed, so we decided to YOLO it across to the Quonset hut and barracks by the blue-door warehouses.  Still, we encountered no players, and relatively few zombies.  IMT was injured by a zombie who was hiding inside the ground, and had to bandage.  Now we know why there seem to be few zombies--they have metamorphized into landsharks!  We began looking for helicrashes, and made our way down to Lopatino and back up to Vavilovo.  As we were traveling south between the bus/train station and the road, I started hearing Winchester shots whizzing past me.  I took a grazing hit, and one that seemed much more direct, as I ran down into a treeline.  IMT fired a short volley into his trees, as Luc vied for a good firing position. Still not fully healed from my run-in with the M4 bullets, I resign myself to laying in a creek and checking the damage, while Luc continued to fire at the fleeing would-be assassin.  My assault pack was ruined, along with my longhorn, ammo, JIC FAL magazine and some other random stuff; I was wearing my pants inside the jacket pocket to avoid overheating, and those were ruined too.  My pristine cleaning kit, 2 extra NATO surpressors, and handcuffs were ruined along with my olive hi-cap.  

Much to my surprise, the last encounter of taking two .308 rounds left me with ruined gear and some lost health, but I was not bleeding and had no bone damage apparent.  What's more, my stack of 5 green armbands remained pristine throughout.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Don't forget to thank the mods in advance for dealing with all the people who are enraged over the new difficulties in making endless coastal pew-pew with military grade rifles.

.59 was the first time i noticed holosight and pistol scope cross-compatibility.  Holosight is pretty poor on the longhorn, buy the pistol sight is pretty cool on the crossbow.

If you are one of the two I shot in that teleporting sedan yesterday in Kamy, I did it for science.  #sorrynotsorry

Experiment:  Found a working sedan in need of spark plug.  Added spark plug.  Attempted to drive.  Car appeared to move properly for driver, but passengers experienced a static vehicle, stuck in the middle of town.  I got out of car after driving around the block, and I was back in the original location of the sedan.  While the sedan appeared to be outside town from my view, others were able to enter the invisible place from where I had moved the car.  While watching my visible instance of the car  I could see players pop into existence while entering the car from the original location; effectively teleporting themselves over a distance of around 100 meters.  When I shot the two occupants who had teleported to my instance of the sedan, they died.

Special thanks to Shcroedinger's Freshies.  You were both in the middle of town, and on the outskirts of town at the same time, until you entered the sedan.  You were both alive and dead, until the instant I "observerd" you.

LOL AWESOME!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Useless post.  Just wanted to make it onto page 100!  Cant believe i have read every single one of these! So worth it!

Its great.  Been following and reading for a few.  Don't respond much because I am usually in the bottom of a rock quarry.  By the way, I miss giving beans on here, Steak, and Hetstain.  

Edited by atomquark
edit
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, atomquark said:

Its great.  Been following and reading for a few.  Don't respond much because I am usually in the bottom of a rock quarry.  By the way, I miss giving beans on here, Steak, and Hetstain.  

Where are Steak&Potatoes and Hetstain by the way? I haven't seen them in a long time!! I miss them...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Special thanks to Shcroedinger's Freshies.  You were both in the middle of town, and on the outskirts of town at the same time, until you entered the sedan.  You were both alive and dead, until the instant I "observed" you.

Ok we can switch the pistol scope to the crossbow?   Alright, that means I am going to have to re-evaluate the crossbow with this bit of news.

Hope they get vehicle fixed before going stable, they are more fubar than I thought.  What a headache they are ATM, too bad and no wonder I haven't seen being driven around...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, barnabus said:

Hope they get vehicle fixed before going stable, they are more fubar than I thought.  What a headache they are ATM, too bad and no wonder I haven't seen being driven around...

Yeah, vehicles are nearly unusable now.  If you get within a hundred feet of another vehicle, they will both become stuck and despawn with the next server reset.  It's basically a random exercise in luck at best, and a terrible exploit for ambushes at the worst

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cage53 said:

Had an interesting session last evening. I spawned in the pouring rain with night fast approaching. The wipe the day before had taken  most of my gear. I wanted to try growing something in the rain and at night so I ran around frantically looting, looking for seeds and a hoe. It was very soon pitch black and raining harder than I've ever seen in Dayz. My frame rate was lower than usual too but still decently in the 50's. At some point I alt-tabbed out to adjust the scroll wheel on my mouse and got an all white screen on rejoining the game. I could hear the rain in the background but had no mouse pointer. Task Master showed the game 'not responding' so I shut it down and then rejoined. Upon rejoining I was 'unconscious'. I didn't wake up for five minutes so I shut down and tried again. This time I was conscious but almost all my gear was ruined. It was still pouring rain. I continued my pursuit of farming items and eventually was able to grow pumpkins and did not have to water them.  However by the time this happened the sun was up so I didn't get the chance to see if gardens will grow in the dark. I don't adjust gamma at night and I have to say that it was the gloomiest night I've ever spent in Dayz, no moon and heavy rain. Daybreak though, with the morning mist in the air was awesome.

Yeah, alt-tab isn't working too well for me at all.  I have to ctrl-alt-delete to go back to windows.  I don't do that much since it seems you can still be moving around while you are out of game.  Not good.  I used to able to use "P" to see who was on, that isn't working anymore for me either even though according to settings this is what the "p" key is still for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emuthreat said:

Yeah, vehicles are nearly unusable now.  If you get within a hundred feet of another vehicle, they will both become stuck and despawn with the next server reset.  It's basically a random exercise in luck at best, and a terrible exploit for ambushes at the worst

Oh yeah, I came up over a rise with no time to react to the 4x4 just ahead of me.  Could not get either of them to budge after that.  Plus, it looked like I was completely out of control and desyned like a mad man.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, barnabus said:

Ok we can switch the pistol scope to the crossbow?   Alright, that means I am going to have to re-evaluate the crossbow with this bit of news.

How good is crossbow anyway?? How loud is it? Do zeds react on shooting it? Effective range? Damage? I never had it longer than 15-20 mins. Easier to find other weapons and ammo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

How good is crossbow anyway?? How loud is it? Do zeds react on shooting it? Effective range? Damage? I never had it longer than 15-20 mins. Easier to find other weapons and ammo.

it`s garbage - it`s like 30 meter range before the bolt starts to drop. In my opinion - they should improve the range of that x-bow if it`s suppose to be modern. 

I lost all my gear and died this morning - I laged out when I met two boys - serious desync issues and one manage to handcuff me and took all the

stuff. The screen froze for like 10 seconds.  And lol should know better and snipe them both out when I had the chance - not died since test started. :) 

Any eta on servers? I had spawn far north and aiming for devil`s castle and NW Airfield for sure! 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

I was playing with a dude the other night that I met in VMC, and while we were playing he said that one of his biggest complaints about the new patch is that his gamma/brightness settings didn't work and the night time was so dark it made the game "literally unplayable" This seemed to be the case because he didn't notice a zombie until he was 5 feet away from it. But for me, one of the biggest improvements I've noticed has been night time visibility. The colors seem very distinguishable, if anything I would say it's *too* visible at night now. I'm on default settings. Anybody else having this issue? I'm wondering if the guy just spoiled himself with adjusted gamma whenever he played at night, or if the gamma is an actual issue for people.