SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Last night I said I found sprinting speeds of over 25 km/h. Previously I had found the speed to be around 23.15 km/h.

Not sure what caused that. I retested today (4 runs) and came up with values from 23.09 km/h to 23.17 km/h. 

The average was 23.13 km/h.

Tested jogging as well, only 2 runs, 14.64 and 14.80 km/h.

Oh no

Spoiler

VH0hBUE.jpg

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Russian choppers aren't supposed to smoke and never have.

^I thought this was common knowledge?

Yes, I've heard this too.   I consider this bad design decision and why I mentioned it in my post.

45 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Yes, I've heard this too.   I consider this bad design decision and why I mentioned it in my post.

I think it's because Russian helicopters had been sitting there longer and stopped smoking a while ago whereas American helis are far more recent and that's why they still smoke. That and also it's an easy way to distinguish them from each other :D

I was lootin around Zeleno yesterday with just a chambered Macaroni pistol to my name, and I saw a guy, full gear, running from the western hills towards to city. I crouched and peeked at him, carefully judging his character by the way he swung his gun. He probably saw me because he came running closer and closer so I dipped out towards the police station. Then, I heard zombie aggros from the middle of town. The zombies went flooding into the police station where I'm  pretty sure I heard a scuffle. I waited there for about 15 seconds and thought that something didn't seem right. I looked to my right and sure enough there was the full gear guy charging me from down the road. I sprinted away as the bullets went flying all around me. I turned the corner, saw bullets impacting the traffic sign in front of me, my screen flashed and suddenly I was bleeding. I kept booking it to the Western hills and the guy finally gave up on killing me. Turns out the guy shot me in the head, as nothing but my pink balaclava and baseball cap were badly damaged. I really like that headshots aren't guaranteed kills on this game.

• Like 3

game has not updated for me,servers show as red text,what do i do?

12 minutes ago, anddos said:

game has not updated for me,servers show as red text,what do i do?

Try exiting and restarting steam, if you haven't already. 

4 hours ago, barnabus said:

OMG, I have been KOS on every single server I have ever been on, US, EU, UK, ASEAN, doesn't frigging matter.  I just got my back shot at on a AUS server, not even a by your leave or a hello, just the pop of gunfire AGAIN, 1pp too, so I don't want to hear it.  Man up cry babies and quit blaming the US servers for your plans of "tree hugging" and "harmony with nature" going all off the rails.  Stupid hippies, don't you have a Bernie rally to go sing Kumbaya at or a Trump rally to go disrupt for $15.00 an hour?  Quit trolling the forums with this useless BS.  If you're in Austin, you ain't in Texas.

oh you of severely limited comprehension, as I mentioned my game issue was whether or not (typed) chat was currently working.

OT:  By the way, I have lived for almost 66 yrs. in Tx in several cities while working as a roofer, framer, warehouse mgr., database programmer, field line digger, security guard, and even file clerk to have enough money to continue as a professional musician(often with 2 other jobs besides my work with bands) Conclusion: you shouldn't spray your liquid defecation around on a subject you so obviously know nothing of. I would also strongly suggest that the essence of testicular lack and/or trolling is ignoring the essence of a post(game problem, not commiserating with previous poster) and being willing to jump on minor BS while essentially anonymous on the net. Please, O dubious sir, GTFO or quit acting like a yellow bellied serpent.

^^^Served. lol

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

I went swimming then ran about 10 min. realtime  a bit N of Solnichniy (soaked clothes wouldn't dry) in just pants but never warmed up. Should have gotten cold when I began walking with those set clothes and that didn't happen either.

I asked about the chat because I was sure if it was normal now or if I should report a small bug.

I should have know better, but I died after running down from that castle west of Altar after logging in there.  The funny thing is, that I remember distinctly that I logged out behind the half-door garage in the semicircular area.  I was surprised to be on top of the castle again, so I looked around for a bit, and checked my inventory before running down.  I made it out of the castle just fine, taking my time with corners and stopping to look at the condition of a couple items on the way down, but it was the rocks just below the boarded up well that got me.  I spawned near Rify and ran like mad, trying to make it back, but I made poor time and only my shotgun was left there.  I got hungry to the dark brown and starving messages, but no blood los yet.  After searching through a dozen or so stones before finally finding one suitable for use :P  I managed to kill two chickens and then roast them back behind the aforementioned garage thingy.  It only got me to light yellow hunger status, but at least I made it back and survived.

This was on UK 19, which I accidentally selected through inaccurate mouse clicking.  Blah.

Notes:  Searching for stones is still unrealistically hard, and should probably be capped at five tries before guaranteed success.  
            And why the fark can't I turn a dead ass chicken and a sunuvabitchin' stick into something that will catch me a muddafukkin' fish?!?  You arbitrarily took away half of the dam fish already, why you gotta be makin it so hard to get an improvised rod in da bush?

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Russian choppers aren't supposed to smoke and never have.

^I thought this was common knowledge?

The russians have been wiped long before so america had to step up and help...

6nSCeBE.jpg

Logged on a bit instead of bed. Ran from the ship north of Solnichniy to the train on northern outskirts. Never overheated but got continuous you are warming up messages(still drenched). Met a friendly who didn't want my Trumpet, but windows is still screwing my mic and couldn't talk. Saw 2 infected wandering the field by the deer stand up there. got cold and started shaking observing their shambling. Ran down shoreline to end of docks and swam back to S. end of town. Saw a body just standing on the bottom,about 15 ft. down. Never moved. Got out of the water, nice and cold and ran a bit to warm back up and didn't get cold again when I slowed to walk. Still wet though. Saw 3 more infected in the S. end of Solnichniy, Didn't check any for aggro as I only have my sharp rock for whacking and preferred to stay alive just a bit longer before I found out how fast I can die. Water from the ponds there(not sick yet) and the apple orchard gave me 4 apples from roughly 20 trees. RNG not my friend this early morning :>/. Will try beating z's with my stick when I get to login again.

good day to all and happy zombie rambling, 6:30 am here and must go to bed.

You can notice hit marks on trees with bullets, but I hope the dev. team created small bullet holes in sheds or wooden houses after a fire fight - is`t too hard to code visible structure damage from zombies or bullets?

Edited by ori42

13 hours ago, Bonappetit said:

After few months of break I've decided to have some fun with my friends in DayZ. This was taken a minute before one of my friends blew us with a grenade by accident.

2E2D145A48AACB5C11EFE958BC6AD1CF41EA10BF

Purple smoke grenade! I was wondering when someone on the forums would find one :) Did you grab it from a NATO heli crash, or elsewhere? Has anyone seen a GREEN smoke grenade yet?

I played for about 3 hours with a friend last night on AUS 0-3. My friend isn't quite as friendly as I am, and took some shots at a fellow running down the street in Zelenogorsk as we approached from the east. He didn't succeed in killing him, and I'm not even sure he hit him actually. The player took off running towards the military base at the south end, and my friend ran after him with me in tow. I posted up in the two-story green house across from the base while my friend went in and scoped it out, and we never did manage to locate the person he had shot at...

...because he logged out in the same green house I was in and logged back in RIGHT BEHIND ME. I was looking through a window upstairs when I heard the telltale "Ugggh" of a person with a broken leg but had otherwise heard no sounds at all, and the door behind me was never opened, so I knew he couldn't have snuck in. As soon as I heard the noise, I whipped around, B95 in hand, and unloaded both shots on him at chest level. As you can imagine, he not only died, but I ruined absolutely everything he had on except his boots.

If this was someone from the forums -- I apologize. Not only for my friend randomly shooting at you, but my instinctual murder before even talking to you. I was so startled :p

• Like 1

Also, to anyone wondering why they are overheating all the time in 0.60...

CxX1fnY.png

• Like 13

Wow great info tatanko my hat is off to you.  I wonder if we will have snow next winter that would be badass and would give a reason for someone to wear them winter hunter clothes.

Possible idea for plasma/brightness tweaking... why not present an image (daytime image) while game loads that allows you to set gamma/brightness before you start playing.  Then they could take the ability to change it ingame out entirely.  I have both set around half and never change them day or night.  In fact i actually wish night was significantly darker.  When there is no electrical based light anywhere night gets pretty epicly dark irl.  You should need a torch when the night is not clear with full moon.  Besides torches wouldnt be so dangerous to carry if we all were carrying them.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Tatanko said:

Purple smoke grenade! I was wondering when someone on the forums would find one :) Did you grab it from a NATO heli crash, or elsewhere? Has anyone seen a GREEN smoke grenade yet?

Hey Tatanko, I'm pretty sure it was the crash site. Only other alternative would be Myshkino as those are the places I've only checked for military loot.

• Like 1

Well, let`s have some fun on UK 5 server - and create a none KOS town in Pusta.

I`ve a new oil barrel with some loot in the area near Pusta, and if anyone seen a green guy with a black carbine with scope -

I`m friendly with anyone near the town Pusta for trade or just talk.

And it`s seldom that anyone get an Electro spawn in this patch so traffic is very low at the moment near Pusta.. Anyway, Pusta is located just north-west of Elektro

Far Outside of Pusta it`s fair pvp game like Skyrim, or Elektro, or far north of Pusta at Mogilevka.

It`s a bambie corpse near the village, but I didn`t kill him - I noticed it this morning since I`ve a base nearby. 

Brief summary: A peaceful tradepost at Pusta or nearrby Pusta on UK 5 server.

Bambie corpse.

149xcg.jpg

My character.

6ozxoy.jpg

Have fun and good weekend! :)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, ori42 said:

Brief summary: A peaceful tradepost at Pusta or nearrby Pusta on UK 5 server

Have fun and good weekend! :)

I can abide by that. Don't advertise it too much though ;)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tatanko said:

I've found Purple and Yellow smoke grenades at Russian heli sites.  Haven't seen a green one yet.

1 minute ago, Parazight said:

I've found Purple and Yellow smoke grenades at Russian heli sites.  Haven't seen a green one yet.

Good to know. I saw green in the files, but haven't seen any evidence that they are spawning yet.

11 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I think it's because Russian helicopters had been sitting there longer and stopped smoking a while ago whereas American helis are far more recent and that's why they still smoke. That and also it's an easy way to distinguish them from each other :D

I was lootin around Zeleno yesterday with just a chambered Macaroni pistol to my name, and I saw a guy, full gear, running from the western hills towards to city. I crouched and peeked at him, carefully judging his character by the way he swung his gun. He probably saw me because he came running closer and closer so I dipped out towards the police station. Then, I heard zombie aggros from the middle of town. The zombies went flooding into the police station where I'm  pretty sure I heard a scuffle. I waited there for about 15 seconds and thought that something didn't seem right. I looked to my right and sure enough there was the full gear guy charging me from down the road. I sprinted away as the bullets went flying all around me. I turned the corner, saw bullets impacting the traffic sign in front of me, my screen flashed and suddenly I was bleeding. I kept booking it to the Western hills and the guy finally gave up on killing me. Turns out the guy shot me in the head, as nothing but my pink balaclava and baseball cap were badly damaged. I really like that headshots aren't guaranteed kills on this game.

I was shot yesterday by a Red 9 from 3 meters in the head, only went unconscious. I was wearing a Motobike helmet, aviators and face mask which were of course ruined. But thanks to Emuthreat I managed to survive the encounter. Didn't loose that blood either to be honest.

2 hours ago, Tatanko said:

Also, to anyone wondering why they are overheating all the time in 0.60...

CxX1fnY.png

I already had that idea because at night I was slowly cooling off and in the morning and day I was slowly cooling off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Last night I said I found sprinting speeds of over 25 km/h. Previously I had found the speed to be around 23.15 km/h.

Not sure what caused that. I retested today (4 runs) and came up with values from 23.09 km/h to 23.17 km/h. 

The average was 23.13 km/h.

Tested jogging as well, only 2 runs, 14.64 and 14.80 km/h.

Oh no

Hidden Content

I think the running speed is connected with your frame rate. The lower the fps the lower the max running speed.

I've noticed that whenever a teammate experiences a frame-drop while running next to me it almost looks as if he runs on the spot. Also I appear to be faster than other teammates since my beasty PC seldom drops below 100fps, even in big towns.

Not sure if intended tho

• Like 1

yeah, I`ve only posted it here for the regular experimental branch testers who are updated to this part of the forum. 

I noticed that UK 5 server crashed though - maybe such an event created an extra amount of interest for guys who like to trade and have a friendly encounter with the latest news of Dayz. 

3 hours ago, Tatanko said:

I played for about 3 hours with a friend last night on AUS 0-3. My friend isn't quite as friendly as I am, and took some shots at a fellow running down the street in Zelenogorsk as we approached from the east. He didn't succeed in killing him, and I'm not even sure he hit him actually. The player took off running towards the military base at the south end, and my friend ran after him with me in tow. I posted up in the two-story green house across from the base while my friend went in and scoped it out, and we never did manage to locate the person he had shot at...

...because he logged out in the same green house I was in and logged back in RIGHT BEHIND ME. I was looking through a window upstairs when I heard the telltale "Ugggh" of a person with a broken leg but had otherwise heard no sounds at all, and the door behind me was never opened, so I knew he couldn't have snuck in. As soon as I heard the noise, I whipped around, B95 in hand, and unloaded both shots on him at chest level. As you can imagine, he not only died, but I ruined absolutely everything he had on except his boots.

If this was someone from the forums -- I apologize. Not only for my friend randomly shooting at you, but my instinctual murder before even talking to you. I was so startled :p

I've found several green smoke grenades, at NATO crash sites and in barracks.