SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I just came back from a morning run with Weyland Yutani at the Tisy base to check out the new building. Any ideas on what the purpose of the building was/is?

Good run and thanks for showing me the area's I messed like the shooting range! =P

That new building has me very curious especially the interior. Looks like some sort of fabricating or manufacturing building. Maybe water treatment or radioactive stuffs...the grids on the floor looks like something is being moved around. Also the aqueducts (?) in the floor and water pipes in the ceiling...definitely got my interest.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Good run and thanks for showing me the area's I messed like the shooting range! =P

That new building has me very curious especially the interior. Looks like some sort of fabricating or manufacturing building. Maybe water treatment or radioactive stuffs...the grids on the floor looks like something is being moved around. Also the aqueducts (?) in the floor and water pipes in the ceiling...definitely got my interest.

It seems it could be a prep facility for fuel as part of the Tisy base was supposed to be used to test rockets. Still needs some confirmation. 

In page 96, there's a nice video provided by Barnabus that shows the "real-life" location and structures of the Tisy base. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Always enjoy seeing those.

Only thing we need now is dynamic snow...    ;-D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Those platforms?

jzk29s.jpg

Top of one of the platforms. (I always really like to see IRL origins of the structures and locations in DayZ.)

35ksm07.jpg

Antiaircraft missile or gun system in the bunker H-pad, rearming and service trucks on the open deck I would guess? The LOS for the defense systems and landing pad would be better without clearing acres of tress that help conceal a ground or subterranean complex 

I'm on the mainland in 1pp, might have to take my leather vest for a trip up there tonight.

4 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

I did some loot respawn tests before the servers went down for a few days and found out the following:

If an item is dropped by a player:

• If you stay next to dropped items they do not despawn
  • I did not find out if you reset the despawn timer when you walk next to items. More tests are needed but with the server going up and down this is very annoying to test.
  • Item cleanup timeout is ~1h
  • Burned down fireplaces also despawn after 1h
  • Killed chicken despawn ~15min
  • Barrels/Yellow Plastic boxes are persistent

Automatic CLE item cleanup:

• Items are cleaned up without any player interaction
  • Item cleanup time is in the range 1 to 3 hours
  • Each item has an individual cleanup timer (the items in a building are not cycled at the same time)

I did not repeat the tests yet but your results seem similar. Now with the more stable servers it should be easier to test this stuff!

*snip*

I agree there's some random in the half an hour but definitely saw stuff go at less than 35 minutes.

Haven't touched any wool coats, they seem to despawn randomly in regards to me passing, presumably based them have spawned sequential initially. Last ground wipe I noticed on the servers coming back up right off the bat boats had 1-3 raincoats but after a few hours of uptime there was 3-5, not sure what that means or what causes more to slowly be added? With the boats if I cut and drop armbands quickly I can get all five spawn points at a boat to reset at about the same time from my observations.   

• Like 4

On 6/5/2016 at 11:54 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It takes a few minutes at most if you know how to spam properly (floating the mouse over the max players or connecting failed dialogue).

What happened to staying away until .61???

I was just asking a question. I want to actually try .60. I may wait til it hits Stable.

• Like 1

Died after reaching the top of a ladder, first time in a while. Ran across just five people, arrowed three, ate two.

Bow is the one weapon I always find satisfying to use on zeds... but I don't like wasting arrows now it's harder to create them.

Red child backpack became invisible over my shoulder, still can't stack bones. I hope they enable the female laughter before too long...

Playing with my food:

i0Wqjsz.jpg

dEf1IYO.jpg

Dark and stormy night:

Rtuunc6.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Use a cooking pot in a household fireplace.  If you chop down three bushes, the sticks will burn long enough to cook one pot of food, and one more item on a stick.  Hope this helps.

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Tatanko said:

I do wish logs burnt a little longer. It's perfectly reasonable to expect a bundle of sticks to burn for five minutes or less, but a pile of 5 big logs should go ~30 minutes or more I would think (versus like half that in-game currently from my experience).

Chances are you are nearby to available trees and bushes when you're using a fire anyway, but if you plan on staying put for a while it can get exhausting trying to keep the fire fed.

Thanks for the tips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I was just asking a question. I want to actually try .60. I may wait til it hits Stable.

I miss you.

There I said it.

Seriously, I'm most of the way burnt out on .60 as it stands and I'm starting to fantasize about zombies roaming where there are none again. :/

Also seriously, there is A LOT for you to enjoy in .60, it's a whole new DayZ!  :P

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Sriously, I'm most of the way burnt out on .60 as it stands and I'm starting to fantasize about zombies roaming where there are none again. :/

Dude, there are plenty of zombies to kill at NWAF, just ask IMT.   CHICKENS TOO!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Scarcity and bullet conditions are having a marked impact on how and when players choose to shoot.

Keeping high end rifles stocked with enough bullets to play Rambo seems to be more difficult than ever.

Having 200 rounds to thoughtlessly throw down range doesn't seem to be as much of a thing anymore.

Larger groups can survive and sustain long enough to kit out to full military gear, while more solo players seem to be packing civilian gear and weapons, either due to shorter life span, or by playing it safe outside military locations.

While we had little trouble stocking up on food initially, that too petered off a bit and we focused a little on hunting some chickens and deer to supplement what we found.

I had stashed pumpkin seeds in our very first camp but unfortunately that was wiped with the last update.

Our original semi-hidden camp was compromised, so we planted a few barrels and tents in choice places around the map.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so fucking psyched for .61 already!

Release the hounds (and the infected)!!!

I had an AKM with one full magazine.  I ditched it for the Winchester.  Solo can still be done around military areas.  I have survived several trips to Mishkino tents, Tisy, Vybor and Kamensk Bases.  I did the southern half of NWAF, thought I heard someone talking in one of the hangers so I left.  I haven't yet been to Pavlovo or Zelengorsk Bases.  Pavlovo just doesn't seem worth the risk.  Someone did take a pot shot at me at Tisy today, but that was it, one shot, not multiple and they missed.  I was done there anyhow so I made a hasty retreat into the wood line.  Hope they ruined their boots if they "found" the bear trap I left set up in the entrance of the new barracks up there.  Left there with nothing more than a can opener.  No ammo at all except some .357 which I should have grabbed and chucked into the wood line. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cage53 said:

Thanks for the tips.

Oh, that wasn't intended as advice... just me thinking out loud :p

After asking about it earlier in the day, a user named dr_m0dem over on Reddit made it all the way to Debug Island on 0.60 tonight! I know what I'm doing on my day off tomorrow :)

(see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4mwalf/debug_island_60_expedition_gallery/)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Dude, there are plenty of zombies to kill at NWAF, just ask IMT.   CHICKENS TOO!!!

Yep, plenty of target practice there. It would be a real challenge to kill every chicken and zombie at the NWAF without the use of a silencer. Still can't believe we pulled that off and what we ended up with.

For those wondering, I'll give the background: as the server restarted (or crashed?) I spawned in naked with only a fish fillet in my hand which I was going to eat before I got booted and my M4A1 with no attachments and only a bullet chambered. So I guess I was naked and afraid at our camp. As my intention was to log out shortly after I got back in I changed my plans. I said to Emuthreat "I will YOLO it to the airfield now that I'm naked". After hesitating on my initial plan I decided to go through with it, accompanied by Emuthreat. We both went naked and ran to the airfield. We started looting some barracks and the hangars and while running over the airfield we saw a lot of zombies and chickens.

The thing which surprised me the most was the fact there was a lot of loot and nobody was there. Perhaps the medieval helmet does bring luck because Emuthreat insisted that I wear it while going there. I ended up geared up under 1 hour after being naked and afraid. Gorka top, TTsKO pants, assault vest, backpack, military boots, M4A1 attachments and scope, 2 mags for the M4A1 and 50 to 60 bullets. So I was back again in almost no time. It was an interesting experience and I might even hit military locations more often on full servers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Didnt play that much, but I only saw 3 zombies in .60. Im sa because of all the things that are broken in this game, zombies get least attention of fixing. I suggest dev team takes one update to only make zombies and animals work finally! :)

17 hours ago, Rammit (DayZ) said:

I had a brief conversation with an infected yesterday... Until I realized I was talking to an infected. I just heard the grumbles, and it sounded like someone close to the edge of my range saying "hello?".

How did you only see 3? I almost play exclusively in the north and I'm always surprised again about how many zombies there are in Severograd and most of the places along the north-east transit road. It's cool to see them looping over cars and fences, but that's something I saw much more in the south. Maybe you just happen to be in highly populated areas and players have dragged the infected off or killed them already? I wish there were more still (will be in 0.61), but around bigger cities you should be running into quite a few.  

xbow and the new modern bow is interesting indeed if they increase the range on it. :)

Well, most exp. branch servers went offline - new patch this morning?

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

How did you only see 3?

I was in Dubky and Novoselky and not a sigle zed. I spawned in Cherno two times and only saw 3 zeds on second life. Then I went north (Nadhezino, Kozlovka, Mogilevka...) 

I wish zeds spawn like in mod/exile. It would make looting every village a challenge.

• Like 1

There's zombies in Krasnostav, Berezino, Sverograd, Grishino, Stary Sobor, NWAF, Novaya Petrovka, Pavlovo Base, Svetlojarsk, Myshkino, Lopatino, Cherno and Elektro of course, and a bunch of other places that I haven't much been to yet.

I have had incredible luck just running through places like a madman.  I YOLO'd a 3pp character today through VMC, Myshkino tents, and ZG.  Now have M65, AK74 with mag and PSO1-1.  Pants are still to be avoided.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

There's zombies in Krasnostav, Berezino, Sverograd, Grishino, Stary Sobor, NWAF, Novaya Petrovka, Pavlovo Base, Svetlojarsk, Myshkino, Lopatino, Cherno and Elektro of course, and a bunch of other places that I haven't much been to yet.

I have had incredible luck just running through places like a madman.  I YOLO'd a 3pp character today through VMC, Myshkino tents, and ZG.  Now have M65, AK74 with mag and PSO1-1.  Pants are still to be avoided.  

I played alone so I sticked to small villages. Also didnt have luck on joining servers.

EDIT: Update incoming

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 3

Anyone else having a problem of constant overheating? i have been sat in a pond for the past 10 mins and still says im overheating. 

• Like 2

A bug in my opinion: You get heavy breathing while u sneak move - unless they change the mechanic from 0.59 - and the weapon sway is the same after you`ve been sprinting for a while. 

• Like 1

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 6:32 AM, Luc Tonnerre said:
34 minutes ago, Marshall1908 said:

Anyone else having a problem of constant overheating? i have been sat in a pond for the past 10 mins and still says im overheating. 

bug I believe, I had it the other day, it has no adverse effects

*holding breath until I get my 0.60*

(edit)
really bad idea

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:29 AM, igor-vk said:

Eugen Harton was sick this week, that is why there was no update.

22 minutes ago, Marshall1908 said:

Yeah I've had one character that overheated frequently and there's been a few in our group who had this issue at different times in the build.

I'm not sure what the game files say about the insulation properties of certain items this patch (and maybe it's even bugged) but anything covering your face seems to contribute a lot to heat retention.  So gas masks, balaclavas, respirator mask and the like seem to be the worst culprits.  Motorcycle helmet though seems to be fine, maybe because it's primarily a helmet and the face part is secondary?

We've also found two things that may accelerate the cooling off process in the pond.  a) Taking off your headgear, jacket and holding your backpack in your hands & b) moving back and forth in the water, as if you're reminding the game "hey I'm still in the water, cooling off... yep, I'm still here"  I suppose there's no way to be 100% certain that it's helping but we've been trying to be proactive about it.

• Like 3

For everyone who likes the chicken diet: Found out yesterday that the baseball bat is the weapon of choice if you're chasing one of these birds. One swing, one hit, meal's ready to be quartered and skinned.

For Z's otherwise not so much, had to hit about 10 times until i got that bastard grounded.

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 4

I think it's cool how the guns, which you couldn't use before get more appreciation now. For example, the CR527 was always a rifle I liked, but never much cared to look for mags for. Ammo was plentiful before 0.60, but the mags were a pain in the ass to find. Now I found many CR's and two of them had a mag. Trumpet had a scope and I found 20 rounds. Right now I have the CR527 from some unlucky guy. I'm carrying a CR527 and M4 - two rifles I've not used much (or didn't have the chance to) for the past year. And both feel excellent and different.

The fact that I've been running around for a week now makes me a target. I have 30 rounds for the M4 now, carry decent gear and weapons. The consequence of course is that higher/better geared players are a bigger target than ever, because they potentially carry a load of the rarer items. But that's not much different from before, it just has more gravity when bullets are rare for the assault rifles. And it's going to change again when people have bases. Over time this could mean that player refrain from killing low-geared players, because they most likely won't have any high-end gear or stuff anyway; high hopes.

I do have to report I've come across several bugs again. I have to start writing them down again, but those were some really old bugs that seemed to be mostly gone in 0.59. Once again I got near-killed by a wall or a doorway. Ruined shoes, and I had to splint. It happened two times in a session. Once I was running down a police station stairs, so you might say it's my fault. Idk if it was my boots that saved me both times or just dumb luck. I also had my rifle sticking to my right arm again, this time not at an angle, but straight. Looks pretty badass ^^ 

Spoiler

dff68889-68b0-4b18-ab65-3378b158d0c4_zps

Btw. on the topic of overheating. I'm regularly overheating when I sit down or driving a truck; impossible to heat up there. It's been mentioned that the health system is laggy sometimes. And I've come back to situations and instantly puked 2-3 times, because I overfed before. I did it to test if the status would ever return to normal, but it was one of thoes things only a restart can cure. Right now I have this curious problem for the 2nd time where everything I touch gets wet. I'm sure this would be a fabulous feature and popular with the ladies, but I literally just take things into my hands and they get wet. I didn't know "wetting yourself" was a feature in Dayz, but apparently I'm either incontinent or magic. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

I saw an aug in the military hut at NE airfield yesterday. Ran about 50m away to put the backpack I had in my hands in the trees so I could come back and get it. It was gone when I got back. I don't know if just coincidental timing or what. I was only gone a minute, and I didn't see sign of someone else that got in and out of there, but I guess that is possible too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

It seems it could be a prep facility for fuel as part of the Tisy base was supposed to be used to test rockets. Still needs some confirmation. 

In page 96, there's a nice video provided by Barnabus that shows the "real-life" location and structures of the Tisy base. Pretty awesome if you ask me. Always enjoy seeing those.

Only thing we need now is dynamic snow...    ;-D

So it looks like its the radar building? I was pretty far off lol.

• Like 2