SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

1 hour ago, Tatanko said:

You know, optics can be used in your hands now. No need for them to be attached to a weapon ;)

No offense intended, but I don't care for the "after" shot. You've gone from one extreme to another. It may suit your personal preferences better, but I'd rather not kill the gloomy mood of a rainy day in Chernarus by cranking up exposure and saturation.

Funny that out of all people you say that considering all your screenshots look saturated and colorful, pretty much like in my aftershot. Mine don't, my game looks grey when the ingame sun is shining and so I want to change that.

My gamma isn't even that high, but everything is just washed out and dark. Besides I was asking for functionality of the program, not whether you or anyone else likes those settings I was experimenting with.

Edited by Buakaw

4 hours ago, RosscoMac said:

Is this normal for everyone right now? I haven't been able to try 0.60 yet but if there are no zombies I will wait. :)

Do not engage infected at this time.  While they are relatively little threat to you, other people with guns will notice the commotion and come to kill you.
In fact, don't do anything, because other people with guns will notice and come kill you.

Maybe I'm just salty from all of my failed contact/combat experiences yesterday.  I played for a solid 10-12 hours yesterday and last night, and besides a couple graphical bugs, and my AKs74u getting the one-hand glitch--which I reluctantly had to log-out to fix--the only issues I encountered were from other players.
This time I will remember to eat some food before playing, and try to drink less than one beer per hour.  I'll see if the results are any different.  FOR SCIENCE!!!

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, ParaB said:

PLEASE add a couple more servers.

Every single EXP server is full.

Ya better get used to it. It's the story of our dayz live...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

....I saw the expression "a moment of science" on a t-shirt the other day and could only think of DayZ Experimental crew.

What I saw said something like "Everyday needs a moment of science", which is very fitting but I couldn't find the exact shirt I saw online....

Hidden Content

^In a similar vein.

x670CeB.jpg

• Like 7

For any who are interested:  Persistence appears to not be working properly.  I logged out in a tent about 9 hours ago, and I now log back-in to find no tent.  I'll try hiding one in a more verified secure place later today, and see if it persists through a reset.

yep, there are some servers with persistence problems, since the first .60 update.

on UK10,UK01 and all DE servers your tent/barrel will be gone after short time (one barrel was gone in 5 minutes after placing it)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, igor-vk said:

I didnt find a single zombie in .60 yet!!

I heard a couple in Elektro, but they definitely seem more sparse. Also IDK if it's true but the performance seems a tiny bit worse than the first .60. roaming in the open is great fps still, but I was gettin a couple dips in Elektro.

Also, a little off topic, but I remember reading that zombies were supposed to have a chance to infect people with a fatal sickness? Anybody else hear about that because it's been something I've been hoping for for a long time lol

• Like 1

What sickness do you mean? Zeds used to give you infection, like when you stitch wound. I got sick from zombie hits, but that was two years ago 

Had a freaking blast testing out last night! Played for about 2.5 hours and it was just phenomenal. (1PP Server)

Started near the shore and within the first 2 minutes I had found a pistol with a clip, but decided to place it in a schoolbag rather than brandish it.

Heard a voice come from behind me asking not to shoot, I laughed and said I wasn't going to do anything to him. - A guy comes out and we start chatting for a minute about the look of the game, how smooth it is.

Suddenly, 2 more guys come out of the corner with rifles on their backs and start chatting us too! So we four made friends and decided we'd scourge through the town nearby together and keep each other safe.

Geared up a bit and then shot some zombies, then the 2 had to log off and we said bye. The other guy was checking the other side. . Heard some gunfire. . Never did see my friend again.

But I kept on! Went through another town and found another player and waved, they waved back and gave me some food and I gave them a beer. We high-fived and then went our separate ways.

I accidentally walked into a military area, saw someone shoot another player and then start laughing, so I shot them in the head with my decked out Mosin. Hehehe.

Got out, yawned, and logged off.

• Like 7

23 hours ago, Seitan said:

A Ski resort wtf. First time is see it. Nice idea. Any idea how much map changes in that big patch yesterday?

The ski resort is new with .60 in general, many villages have been remodeled or updated too.  And the NW has Tisy Base added finally.  ALots of good stuff up there.

7 hours ago, igor-vk said:

I didnt find a single zombie in .60 yet!!

I have, from a distance.  They are all over in Berezino including the fields on the outskirts of the town. With so many people on the servers now I tend to stop in the wood line and have a look around rather blundering into towns and villages.  I watched a guy get beat to death by a Zed in Svetlo in front of the police station ( I was safely at a much greater distance watching through a hunting scope), there was much blood spurting, afterwards I only saw the Zed kind of stagger away the way they do.  Be cautious, stop, look and listen.  Zeds seem a bit less likely to agro, especially at night.  I have even walked up on some.  Others have come out of nowhere.  They seem to have a new kind of attack style too.

My biggest issue right now is overheating.  I have been sitting under a tree, with my jacket in hand for quite a while now and still over heating, took off the gloves and head gear too.  Still, overheating.  Character is damp too.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

Had some nice hours in yesterday but I died twice so far due to desync or what ever. First time was in Elektro, I was in an house with multiple stories and my character just died. I'm sure I wasn't sniped or what ever because I somehow respawned again at Elektro and ran to my body, ruined shoes and pants. After that I killed myself to get a more northern spawn to meet up with the rest and spawned near Berezino. Met some few people there and while chatting some random shit I saw a bus driving on the main road. We ran up to it and got in. It was hilarious because we were just talking some random shit. We stopped near Kamyshovo where there was a sedan and my game crashed. When I got back in all hell broke loose. Which started as a fun encounter ended up in a bloody massacre. The two which had the bus started killing everyone and I just stayed with them to fuck around. When a guy came back from Kamy with a tire I was telling him all the time "they killed everyone man, watch out they are going to kill you". One of them said "stop saying that or I will kill you". Of course I was fucking around so I kept saying it and ran a bit off to find a gun with ammo to get some revenge. One of them followed me and started shooting me with a Trumpet. I managed to hit him a few times with an hatchet and he shot me twice. Suddenly he was stuck in this tree and kept doing the running animation. At first I thought it was the server but it was actually him which got disconnected and I hit him about 15 times with the hatchet, probably killed him. Didn't see the other two after that but I was bleeding and couldn't find rags. I found some rags luckily in Kamyshovo and started to get energized and hydrated and starting to head up north again. When I was near Mogilevka coming out of a shed I suddenly heared "Aaah!", the character hit the ground and went unconscious due to low blood. So yeah, that is kinda annoying and needs to get fixed. I recorded the bus shenanigans and might post it.

On 31-5-2016 at 6:18 PM, DJ SGTHornet said:

*Sigh* I can't believe the MP5 iron sights are STILL bugged. Oh, well.....anyhoot I like that shadows and clouds can be enabled again.

They already said that it will be fixed automatically when the new character controller is in.

20 hours ago, cage53 said:

Downloading the exp. update now and looking forward to it. I actually went back to .59 this last week. Grew tomatoes and pumpkins, cooked chicken breasts, hoped to try fishing but this update gets in the way of that. In effect I was learning things that will serve me well in 0.60. My thinking is that every time you are forced by need into a confrontation with other players you risk everything. Even the best PVP player is going to lose 50% of his/her battles. Sure they gain the reward with their victories but can lose it all minutes later. That isn't, in my opinion, the way people would respond in real life. I know the squeakers don't care about this but I do. To survive long term means having the means to pick and choose which encounters you want to initiate. It is interesting to think that I can manage on my own terms to do just that. 

That's basically how I manage to survive. Lately I run up to players or speak to them and haven't really had bad encounters yet but all of them didn't have a gun or ammo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Lol, I'm carrying an empty Mosin for the optics no shooting nothing. My mic may or may not be working and the two people I've run into I've had good luck with putting my hands up and typing "no mic".

Can someone with a working mic and Win7 check and see if their mic is the "default device" or "default comunication device" I switched mine to default but haven't had a chance to try it in game . It is showing levels in properties and recording to video on either setting.

Bcb google upgrade windows 10, it's free until 27 July, at least here in uk it is. My craptop boots a lot better now plus if u got old TiVo box the 500g hd out of it is sweet in a PC build

• Like 1

Okay!!! So today was fun! Played for 2 more hours solo and decided that today I would be a Comic Book-esque Villain. . xD (1PP)

Logged in and went searching for my prey~ Searched far and wide but couldn't find anyone but switched out some gear so that I would be more Foresty and donned one of those scary carnival masks. Muahaha. My costume is complete!

Found my first victim! I saw him from afar - Quite geared and had a some kind of rifle in his hands, was scoping out stuff in the opposite direction as me. . So I thought, I almost never get melee kills. .

So I grabbed my Machete and started blitzing towards him and yelled, "ENGARDE!" - He turned around fast and he fired at me but MISSED! Muahaha! He's got a bolt-action carbine I notice and I go to town with the blade while he's attempts to reload but it's too late! Rawr! I have devoured your soul!

Grabbed up the scoped carbine from my dead fellow and noticed I had ruined pretty much everything else on him. Darn. He had a lotttttt of bullets.

Found my second victim during the night time. He was carrying a pistol and had thrown a flare into the house he was searching. DINNERBELL! So I began howling into my mic like a wolf and circled his place, watching him in the windows turn around and around and around looking for me. I made him nervous hehe. I said in a creepy old woman's voice, "Don't come out. . I'll bite youuuuu~" - He spewed some hate and promptly ran out the door I was standing next to. BAM. Rifle to the FACE. Hehehe. (In my defense, he did disregard me. . )

Grabbed some food off of him and continued on my bloodhunt! Rawr! I went into VERY zombie infested city and spotted two players looking a little fresh and decided I'd play with them. They went into a house and were talking to each other until I came up to a side of the house and began screeching into my mic in my best zombie-like way and saying in my best demonic/metal voice, "I. . have. . come. . for your SOULSSSSS!" They freaked and were like WTF and tried talking to me a bit. I circled the house laughing in a nasty way and then grabbed a pitchfork from the shed nearby (Sooooo lucky and worth it.)

I opened the door and saw them standing at the top of the stairs with nothing but a pistol in one of their hands. . I ran up screaming "AGHHHHHH!" and poked one of them to death and the other shot me ONCE before the gun went *click click click* MUAHAHAHA. I impaled his ass and then looted.

That was fun =) On the next episode of Dragon Ball Z. . What will Espa do next!?

• Like 2

Just now, Luc1fer said:

Bcb google upgrade windows 10, it's free until 27 July, at least here in uk it is. My craptop boots a lot better now plus if u got old TiVo box the 500g hd out of it is sweet in a PC build

Uhm, you kind of need a legit Windows serial # for that, If I wanted to clean install 7 my box would run better but I'm just gonna let it die. There's a few local guys who refurb hp business machines that quoted me some decent prices on something more current with no vid or os as soon as my Saturday boss's falling gets shut down for fire season and we go back to full time residential work. 

Well if DayZ would look like this gorgeous piece of work ....

Hey Dean we still got 0.40 till beta what do you think, another engine ? :-)

• Like 1

damn I get killed often on sight.

2 times at the small military base at severograd, if any of you is reading this then fffuuuuuu

Still can't get used to this:

BzKACYO.png

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

2 times at the small military base at severograd, if any of you is reading this then fffuuuuuu

Military bases and airfields are KoS zones. I rarely fire 1st when meeting another survivor, but in such high danger zones I take no chances, too.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, barnabus said:

Iopps quoted wrong post

my bad  self reported my own dumbassery

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Mil bases, tent cities, airfields, police stations and fire houses are pretty much places to get KOS no matter what version of DayZ.  I have been KoSed elsewhere too but in those places much, much more often and likely.  They warrant much caution and a get in/get the fuck out as quickly as possible mindset.  Here's a short, nontraditional 17 syllable Haiku just for you.

If you linger,

you get the finger,

the trigger finger of fate.

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 1

Speaking of fickle, here's a shot of a tree hovering above the NW portion of the map not far from Tisy Base.   Looks to be about 700-1000 feet AGL.  Airborne!78F7DBD1C1892F4B3698B41264D82382BC42E9DF

Edited by barnabus

6 hours ago, igor-vk said:

What sickness do you mean? Zeds used to give you infection, like when you stitch wound. I got sick from zombie hits, but that was two years ago 

Nah, I read a while ago that zombie contact was supposed to have a chance to make you sick, I don't know if it was supposed to be deadly (I think it would be cool tho) or not, but I haven't gotten sick from zombie attacks since I started playing.

20 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

Nah, I read a while ago that zombie contact was supposed to have a chance to make you sick, I don't know if it was supposed to be deadly (I think it would be cool tho) or not, but I haven't gotten sick from zombie attacks since I started playing.

I have been ill from zed attacks but it didn't kill me and I think that may be out for now, same for drinking bad water, which has killed me.  In H1Z1 I was infected with the virus, once you get it, you are doomed.  You can keep it a bay for a little while but it'll kill you in the end.

Edited by barnabus

8 hours ago, Buakaw said:

Funny that out of all people you say that considering all your screenshots look saturated and colorful, pretty much like in my aftershot. Mine don't, my game looks grey when the ingame sun is shining and so I want to change that.

My gamma isn't even that high, but everything is just washed out and dark. Besides I was asking for functionality of the program, not whether you or anyone else likes those settings I was experimenting with.

I started the post with "No offense intended..." I'm not here to make you my enemy.

I'm also not sure why you feel my images are oversaturated, because they typically have little if any correction (< 3% adjustment in either direction on brightness & contrast) except when I need to make a less-than-great image usable for something specific. That being said, what other people do with my images is out of my control and I would never try to stop someone from using them.

3 hours ago, -Gews- said:

Still can't get used to this:

BzKACYO.png

Doooooood! Major props for getting this shot.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5