SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

3 minutes ago, wasnu said:

hope no revenge from eugene for our complaining last weekend :)

He probably broke a nail this time. 

"sorry guys no EXP I need an emergency manicure".

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BCBasher said:

He probably broke a nail this time. 

"sorry guys no EXP I need an emergency manicure".

Bazinga!

The servers will definitely be down this weekend, now!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Bazinga!

The servers will definitely be down this weekend, now!

I don't know, I personally thrive on negative reinforcement but I should accept the millennials or whatever they call themselves are pussies and need to be talked to nicely so the don't get PTSD on their feelings.

• Like 1

Someone try drive car close to next car? Only i crashed server everytime i try it?

thats life, one mintute ago you have fun...and BAAAM servers down 

post2.jpg

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, gronbar said:

Someone try drive car close to next car? Only i crashed server everytime i try it?

You can't drive close to a car. In a ~70m radius they start lagging each other up and none of them drives. The only way to enjoy a car right now is to avoid bumping into other cars. As soon as I see one, I come to a screeching halt or swerve away to the opposite side. 

I'm surprised the servers are down. Had a dope session earlier. Some restarts and micro lag, but smooth after a while. I hope they are just pushing this version to stable (because nothing game breaking was apparently happening). When there are thousands of server they won't be contested that much and hopefully crash less often. But even like this, it was totally playable. I can't say how happy I am this render update worked out in the end. I had my doubts when I saw so many old bugs return. But they dealt with the bad ones pretty quickly and ultimately this update is what Dayz really needed. I'm even having moderate fun with the infected. They just need to be more aware. I can pretty much still run everywhere and lock them up quickly. While this is fun, sometimes I wish they'd pose more of a challenge. But as we all know, increasing their numbers is the goal - not making smart zombies ^^

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

You can't drive close to a car. In a ~70m radius they start lagging each other up and none of them drives. The only way to enjoy a car right now is to avoid bumping into other cars. As soon as I see one, I come to a screeching halt or swerve away to the opposite side. 

I'm surprised the servers are down. Had a dope session earlier. Some restarts and micro lag, but smooth after a while. I hope they are just pushing this version to stable (because nothing game breaking was apparently happening). When there are thousands of server they won't be contested that much and hopefully crash less often. But even like this, it was totally playable. I can't say how happy I am this render update worked out in the end. I had my doubts when I saw so many old bugs return. But they dealt with the bad ones pretty quickly and ultimately this update is what Dayz really needed. I'm even having moderate fun with the infected. They just need to be more aware. I can pretty much still run everywhere and lock them up quickly. While this is fun, sometimes I wish they'd pose more of a challenge. But as we all know, increasing their numbers is the goal - not making smart zombies ^^

Yes i know it, path before servers wont crash. Just try it second time, and second time servers going down :/

4 minutes ago, wasnu said:

thats life, one mintute ago you have fun...and BAAAM servers down 

post2.jpg

That is exactly how I'm feeling, had the better part of 15 hours set out for playing today.

3 minutes ago, S3V3N said:

*snip*

Syncing all the parts between clients or something must be really heavy. 

Junior and I used to regularly convoy two V3Ss so if one blew a tire or hurt the gas tank we could ditch one and come back in less than four hours to get it. 

We could drive 50 feet apart with 600+ pings no problem.

Just now, BCBasher said:

That is exactly how I'm feeling, had the better part of 15 hours set out for playing today.

-snip-

Man, you're having terrible luck with timing lately. :(

Hopefully we'll see a playable patch guys!

No need to panic until there is something to panic about, right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GuyRandomMan said:

are servers seriously down?!?

Well the cool twitter thing they set for us to get the latest greatest information about the branch statuses says they're running? 

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Man, you're having terrible luck with timing lately. :(

Hopefully we'll see a playable patch guys!

No need to panic until there is something to panic about, right?

When it's good it soooo good, then it's like a dick kick to get me back to reality.

**edit** servers coming back up with new version!

Edited by BCBasher

Exp working awesome why they put down :(

Last Record Update  about 2 hours ago (June 3, 2016 – 15:14:29 UTC) 
And wtf is this on SteamDB?

203.1 MB

INCOMING!

Edit: character is the same, persistence was wiped (our camp is gone).

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

While I download, I was playing with the video setting the last couple days and the FOV now can dial a lot of the fisheye out of my wider than 16:9 display. If I set it at 60 degrees it seems to render 60 degrees on each screen giving me about 180 degrees without stretching and over magnifying my periphery.  

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

me wants to know whats in the patch!

Most likely just fixes for issues that are considered blockers to getting 0.60 on Stable. Perhaps some surprise content, though ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

me wants to know whats in the patch!

Characters intact, map wiped it seems.

**edit** Damn had 10 of every type of seed in my barrel, wanted to see them all growing together in the rain.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BCBasher said:

Characters intact, map wiped it seems.

dang it! camp gone :(

• Like 1

Played a bit yesterday. Met a few players, non-hostile, on 1PP servers. Traded a few items and continued on my way. Was finally able to reach Tisy and take a few shots. I love the new lighting system... The updated engine looks fantastic so far.

2d0moac.jpg

4h5m6f.jpg

Heavy rain + sunset = weird and interesting scenery.

29mmypw.jpg

Heavy rain + moon = fascination once again.

2gwtj0p.jpg

Hoping there was a wipe so I can start fresh on the coast again...  ;) 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

203.1 MB

INCOMING!

Edit: character is the same, persistence was wiped (our camp is gone).

I knew I should have taken more than one Ak74 magazine.  Dammit!!

Edit: I'll be on in an hour or two, hopefully.  I have some, err, gardening that I've been avoiding all week.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I knew I should have taken more than one Ak74 magazine.  Dammit!!

Get two accounts, my 1pp mule is still holding most of my good stuff

Oh well, starting fresh anyway, just got KoS....   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Oh well, starting fresh anyway, just got KoS....   

opps! Your slipping odin :)

• Like 1