SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

13 minutes ago, Luc Tonnerre said:

YAY we have unlimited ammo now

pressing R after a shot puts a bullet back in your inventory each time ^^

i like

I noticed, I shot a dude in the face with a Winchester, tried to reload, wouldn't take.  So I emptied and still had the 5 rounds in the internal.  I DON'T like it.

Fireman's jacket is waterproof.  Which is nice.

4 minutes ago, barnabus said:

I noticed, I shot a dude in the face with a Winchester, tried to reload, wouldn't take.  So I emptied and still had the 5 rounds in the internal.  I DON'T like it.

Fireman's jacket is waterproof.  Which is nice.

We're you on sw 2?

I got kicked after I saw the steam pop up that you were playing DayZ and couldn't get back in until I switched to the sc 1pp server.

58 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Damn  dude, I knew I wasn't winning any trip to the Czech Republic for a free Lambo ride from BI but...

Shots fired. 

lol ya, well, I regret that I loged out for a chicken kebab an hour ago - all full servers now and I need to probably wait for hours until people go to bed, hehe. 

I think they fixed an memory leak issue - great job Dayz devs! The server I played on earlier didn`t go down - so I played for couple of hours! :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ori42 said:

lol ya, well, I regret that I loged out for a chicken kebab an hour ago - all full servers now and I need to probably wait for hours until people go to bed, hehe. 

I think they fixed an memory leak issue - great job Dayz devs! The server I played on earlier didn`t go down - so I played for couple of hours! :)

I'm getting almost no delay between tries, seems to be pretty efficient spamming until you get in now.

*edit* Grew tomatoes in the rain for the first time in a long time, couldn't find a water bottle so that one saved me. I also took two hand drinks from a pond to get out of the red thirsty state to make it that far, did not get sick. Completely drenched and sitting still waiting for tomatoes just got me to start getting "I am rapidly cooling off" messages but no cold status. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

The weapon animation when u have it on your shoulder is not perfect at the moment, but I think they fixed the 1st person. ghilliie vission block - it looks like the weapon is more on your back now which is great when u are playing a 1st person servers with weapon wraps.

I will test it more though and I need to find some netting - so I will probably head back to coast again.  

Yes true, I am back into a server - I just loged into a full server so it looks like much easier now - so huge improvement with the login server structure, great job!  

And it seems to me that servers in general are more stable now, and that`s a great news for those who are waiting for stable and private hives, but it`s probably not ready for stable branch at the moment though.

It was the Carbine weapon. 

xdyp09.jpg

nom, nom, apples. 

The sporter looks better compare to the carbine weapon with animation.

f4h89j.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

for me the game has become barely playable, seems an issue when entering house or facing them, well, atm only me and another guy reported same issue. Cross fingers

8 minutes ago, sirlight said:

for me the game has become barely playable, seems an issue when entering house or facing them, well, atm only me and another guy reported same issue. Cross fingers

Sorry to hear that, it's always frustrating to have a gamebreaking bug only you or a handful of people have.

Hope it gets fixed.

So the servers are live again it seems?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

So the servers are live again it seems?

Yep. There are 50 or so servers at the moment, all slam packed with people :)

A Ski resort wtf. First time is see it. Nice idea. Any idea how much map changes in that big patch yesterday?

Played on a server (SNG-2) for some hours the server never crashed so that's good. The fps were good but the actions had quite some delay and when I ran into a guy the desync was ridiculous. The guy said he is friendly and pulled out his gun and shot. I wasn't standing where he aimed but still got hit (so far nothing new) then I pulled out my pistol and shot him but the bullet did not hit him and the pistol got stuck in the middle of the firing animation. After more some desync issues (the other guy was more or less teleporting from place to place) I eventually died.

Other than that everything seemed to be working.

first update that crashed my hardware, what ever i do, i stuck on 20fps

tried all i could found and i stuck on fix 20fps.

but it´s late here in germany, so bedtime and next try tomorrow

cu guys and have fun

What a surprise OH HEY .60 is back up O wait NM fucking pathetic I am going to go demand my money back for this game since the dev's clearly don't give 2 shits about getting even a playable version out.People on twitch playing this right now but I cant even see a god damn server FUCKING pathetic I hope more folks get sick of waiting for this garbage as well I hope this game fails due to the devs taking their sweet ass time you deserve to fail you truly due

Edited by drooler

13 minutes ago, drooler said:

What a surprise OH HEY .60 is back up O wait NM fucking pathetic I am going to go demand my money back for this game since the dev's clearly don't give 2 shits about getting even a playable version out.People on twitch playing this right now but I cant even see a god damn server FUCKING pathetic I hope more folks get sick of waiting for this garbage as well I hope this game fails due to the devs taking their sweet ass time you deserve to fail you truly due

Welcome to the community!

Check you server filters, make sure full servers is checked to indicate "show full servers" then spam away.

Long gone are the days when we could read this forum and keep up on glitches/bugs and get advice to improve performance.  

Long gone are the days when it was used to share reports of what we have done and noticed about patches.  

Long gone are the days when we would see peoples screenshots and read of the experiences that went with them.  

It seems more and more that people are coming to whine about framerates and about timelines.  Or to complain about the devs and about how long the servers are up.  

There was once a time when this forum almost seemed like a community.  I remember a time when people on this forum actually got together and got someone a pc just so that they could play with the rest of us.  When this forum was used to organize experiments to be tested instead of constant memes and trolling.  

I miss those dayz.  (Realistically i just have to realize that for every serious tester there is probably 10 whiny squeekers who feel entitled to a polished release immediately without dev time)

On a side note.  With clouds and shadows being brought back, how are they for performance eating?  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, drooler said:

After you figure out your server filter issue, make sure to come back and piss and moan about them all being full, too. You will be the first person ever to do that :)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

*snip*

On a side note.  With clouds and shadows being brought back, how are they for performance eating?  

I used to get 15fps at best with everything turned off on my almost 10 year old X2 Athlon, now I'm getting an average of 35fps with clouds and shadows on.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 7

Wow that is such an improvement.  Is that between itterations of .60 or .59 to .60?  Im so excited to get on .60 again.  Is such an epic patch i wish only that i had more time to spend on experimental lately.  Being on call is really throwing a wrench into my experimental gears.  At least i have the rest of you to live vicariously through till i find a few hours to game out like a muthaFunka

Yeah finally, i'm in ...

tNfQ7Hk.jpg

really ?

HoZpHhO.jpg

Well seems like the survival part is really kicking in now :-)

Edited by mammut (DayZ)
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Wow that is such an improvement.  Is that between itterations of .60 or .59 to .60?  Im so excited to get on .60 again.  Is such an epic patch i wish only that i had more time to spend on experimental lately.  Being on call is really throwing a wrench into my experimental gears.  At least i have the rest of you to live vicariously through till i find a few hours to game out like a muthaFunka

.59 to .60, I'm strangely getting no difference with rain yet some higher end computers are. I think the game is finally offloading more of the work to the gpu, it's cool in here today I'll try mine in OC mode later.

36 minutes ago, drooler said:

The game is playable. Do some basic trouble shooting before ranting here.

- Check for ID-10-T errors between the chair and the keyboard.

- Reboot.

- Go have a beer. (if of legal status else prefix root)

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Long gone are the days when we could read this forum and keep up on glitches/bugs and get advice to improve performance.  

Long gone are the days when it was used to share reports of what we have done and noticed about patches.  

Long gone are the days when we would see peoples screenshots and read of the experiences that went with them.

We're in a strange period right now; a perfect storm of negatives and positives, if you will. Those of us who formed the community you feel is missing are (mostly) still here, if I'm reading you right, it's just that we're not as talkative as we once were. That's due to a couple of things:

1. An extended period of forum downtime earlier in the year, which sort of scattered us all over the place. The forum is still "healing," and by that I mean recovering old regulars. At the same time has many new faces as well (not a bad thing), so when we do post it's within that sea of new arrivals so we're not as noticeable.
2. The current build on Experimental is extremely popular because it represents something we've been waiting literal years for. People are understandably excited about this, and eager to share their thoughts and experiences -- good and bad.

0.60 is a wonderful thing, but with that excitement comes a lot more traffic. The ratio of respectful, thoughtful posts to... not so respectful or thoughtful posts... is still the same, but the sheer number of people is higher,and because we tend to notice negativity more, it seems like the ratio is worse than it really is. Moreover, those of us who have been around a long time and are currently being a little more quiet will eventually open up again when the dust settles and things go back to business as usual. I don't think you'll see this kind of extreme shift happen again until we hit beta, or at the least maybe the introduction of the new animation system & player controller.

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I used to get 15fps at best with everything turned off on my almost 10 year old X2 Athlon, now I'm getting an average of 35fps with clouds and shadows on.

Which Athlon do you have?  Might have an upgrade for you.

My play session today was pure luck.  Opened up the server list clicked on a 59/60 got in first try.

Got the nude Vybor spawn.  Went north bumbed into crash site.  Suppressed Streyer Aug before pants.

• Like 4

In one month almost as many posts as .59 had in three months, even the negative shitposters are doing what they do because they have an interest in the game succeeding.

• Like 2

You make a very good point.  A lot of the greats are still here and some im sure are lurking in the shadows, waiting for the squeekers to dissipate.  Is just harder to seperate the posters who actually take things seriously with all these children who come in strictly to whine about how the game is alpha and they want their money back.  Although their stupidity is often somewhat amuzing.  Pretty sure that was spelled wrong... oh well i never said i was a good speller.

Anyone finding animals other than chickens in the wild.  Found 2 deer before the servers went down but one was glitched into a wall and the other some garbage cans.  Wondering if wildlife spawns are working correctly

• Like 1