SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Wow, killer lag, rubberbanding, and getting ejected from servers.  Don't think this is gonna be a playable one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've tried joining 2 different servers and even though I seem to connect all I get is a black screen.

Same here

8 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I've tried joining 2 different servers and even though I seem to connect all I get is a black screen.

I also had the back screen but after a few minutes my character was standing as fresh spawn on the coast. But now the server went down again and I can't join another one.

• Like 1

The lag is real.

It might be all the people trying to access the servers.

I have connected for over a half hour at a time.

Rubberbanding, all sorts of input lag.

I was 'banded way back a couple of times and had a good while where my character was teleporting in increments with his head stuck slightly up.

Now as stated, servers are down.

I would be pleasantly surprised if a fix was found today but I think that's doubtful.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I would be pleasantly surprised if a fix was found today but I think that's doubtful.

Oh ye little faith, didn't have any of the rubber banding but I did have the input lag.  I also noticed that I got a server shut down warning, which is nice..

• Like 2

I forgot to mention the other day in NW Airfield I was desperate and went in with my dbl barrel shotgun and really wanted a tent that some hungry zombie was around and so having no bandages for a shovel attack I shot him and then jogged out into the open for the stream of zombies that were sure to come and nothing. Normally a shotgun blast would bring the whole pack from the tents.

Quick questions, does anyone know if it is BI hosting there own servers or do they use a third party. I was thinking about renting a DayZ server again and I wanted to get some feedback on a good game hosting companies. Additionally, is there an estimated release date for experimental to go production?

I read something about 1st person being hardcore. For me it isn't hardcore at all. Sure, it does make the game harder, but hardcore? No, hardcore is for me almost no loot, shitty weather, a shitstorm of infected and predators. Oh and don't forget about the players as well. That is hardcore DayZ for me. It needs to be hard but still have a fun factor. :)

5 hours ago, OnePunchAdam said:

Hi all,

I know this is a boring question for you as you might be hearing it everyday, however, it's really bothering me so I decided to ask. I tried 0.60 experimental for the first time yesterday. I spawned in Cherno and wanted to see how the performance was. First of all, here is my system specs:

CPU: FX 6350 @ 4.4Ghz

GPU: ASUS R9 270 2GB

RAM: GSkill Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 990xa UD3

Now, I had seen several reports of people playing with FX 6300 and R9 270X having an average of 40 fps in Cherno/Elektro so I was really hopeful. However, in my case fps wouldn't go over 22-30 zone. At first, it was the rendering resolution being too high but I set it to 1920*1080 and set the file to read only and results are still the same. Even in open fields, most I get is 40 fps. The game runs in highest settings but still, I thought I would have at least slightly more (30 stable in cities perhaps). One thing I've noticed is that even in the main menu I get sub-30 fps.

I tried verifying game files but it didn't help. I have no launch parameters. I honestly think there is something wrong but don't know exactly what. Do you have any idea as to what might be going on? If so, fire away, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

MSI R9 380 and AMD FX 8320E black edition here and I have the same problem. My minimum in the big cities like Elektro, Cherno, etc. is 20 with a maximum around the 30 to 40 to 60 depending where I look. It's better than my 10 to 20 FPS which I had in 0.59 but still it should be way better.

I really hope they optimize the performance for AMD users soon or at least in the beta.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ShallowTech said:

Quick questions, does anyone know if it is BI hosting there own servers or do they use a third party. I was thinking about renting a DayZ server again and I wanted to get some feedback on a good game hosting companies. Additionally, is there an estimated release date for experimental to go production?

You cannot rent Experimental servers and I do not believe BI rents any other than their own Experimental branch servers.

Recently they may have had a donation of servers for Experimental but there was no verification of where the additional servers came from.

There is no ETA for .60 to go to stable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

They use third party servers for the stable branch but I believe the experimental servers are either hosted by them or by third parties as well but can't be rented. As for an estimated release date, it's hard to tell considering how much trouble they've had updating the current experimental to a new version of 0.60.

2 minutes ago, IMT said:

I read something about 1st person being hardcore. For me it isn't it hardcore at all. Sure, it does make the game harder, but hardcore? No, hardcore is for me almost no loot, shitty weather, a shitstorm of infected and predators. Oh and don't forget about the players as well. That is hardcore DayZ for me. It needs to be hard but still have a fun factor. :)

THIS, when i remember right, short after the beginning hype for the dayz mod, there was the current lifetime counter on the website.

It showed nearly 5 minutes average survival time, it was an soo deep feeling to survive longer than 5 minutes.

My hope is, SA will be like the first times in the mod...glories and frustrating dayz, but FUN.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

They use third party servers for the stable branch but I believe the experimental servers are either hosted by them or by third parties as well but can't be rented. As for an estimated release date, it's hard to tell considering how much trouble they've had updating the current experimental to a new version of 0.60.

Does anyone know who they use for their stable branch servers?

3 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Does anyone know who they use for their stable branch servers?

I know that they have Vilayer and Gameservers.com I believe.

I think with a quick Google you'll find them all real quick. I think they even have it documented somewhere on the forum as well.

Edit:

Second post. :)

Edit 2:

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-server-hive-hosting/

Another link with useful information.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

So. . Sounds like I should stick my nose out of this patch iteration. I was hoping that it was actually the last patch being installed into stable (Hah, pipe-dreams). .

2 minutes ago, Espa said:

So. . Sounds like I should stick my nose out of this patch iteration. I was hoping that it was actually the last patch being installed into stable (Hah, pipe-dreams). .

We are waaaaaaay far off from a stable candidate right now.

Mid to late June is my estimate if things go well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Espa said:

• Like 4

That's my time btw, not CEST, For CEST add 12

Edited by barnabus
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, barnabus said:

That's my time btw, not CEST, For CEST add 12

Awesome that he is willing to try to get things up again before heading home.

Sucks that this happened like this....

Good luck Mr. Harton.

• Like 7

How I feel for the Devs. . And the communities' love for them.

We salute you.

Edited by Espa
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Awesome that he is willing to try to get things up again before heading home.

Sucks that this happened like this....

Good luck Mr. Harton.

I suspect if they can't fix it they'll roll it back.   Character reset anyway, which is always OK by me.  Hell, once I gear up the only thing left to do is mess with fresh spawns and that just ain't to my taste.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, IMT said:

I read something about 1st person being hardcore. For me it isn't hardcore at all. Sure, it does make the game harder, but hardcore? No, hardcore is for me almost no loot, shitty weather, a shitstorm of infected and predators. Oh and don't forget about the players as well. That is hardcore DayZ for me. It needs to be hard but still have a fun factor. :)

MSI R9 380 and AMD FX 8320E black edition here and I have the same problem. My minimum in the big cities like Elektro, Cherno, etc. is 20 with a maximum around the 30 to 40 to 60 depending where I look. It's better than my 10 to 20 FPS which I had in 0.59 but still it should be way better.

I really hope they optimize the performance for AMD users soon or at least in the beta.

I'm reading a lot about poor amd performance, I run a

amd ii x4 630 at 2.7g

r9 380 

and 8 gigs of the cheapest ram ever found lol and don't seem to drop below 34ish in towns up to 118 at the coast object depending.

i play on a TV @1368x7somthing and game now looks chipper to me.

Edited by Luc1fer
  • Like 3