SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

Hmm well, I stashed all my stuff into a couple barrels hidden where I probably can't find them :-) and ran to NW Airfield and I went to set down my hunting backpack and poof I was offline, so quickly and with no message saying server is not responding etc.I got back to the server page and it was 0/60 on that server, That was the first time I had a crash the moment I did something and had no message. When I get back later and finally get back in, I will try that again and see if that causes me to crash.

• Like 2

15 minutes after the last crash there server crashed again. I got the spawn timer and after the timer and "Please wait..." ended it booted me to the menu so it crashed again. And both these 2 crashes had similar servers again, UK 0-3, US Centraleast 0-2 and US Centraleast 0-3. This isn't a coincidence anymore, this is consistent. Because all 3 servers crashed a second time right after the first crash.

I really hope this is useful information for the developers and I hope this can narrow it down a bit.

Now for my social experiment:

The experiment was to check how many friendly people there are on Experimental at the moment in the south. I roamed around the coastal city area's and not the cities itself because there is PvP guaranteed.

The variables were that I wouldn't carry a weapon in my hands and speak to everyone I saw, even if they haven't seen me. Most of the experiment was on UK 0-3 1st/3rd person.

I started in Prigorodki and while looting this town I saw no one else. After that I went towards Dubky and looted 2 tenement buildings and after that only checked the cars. Like in Prigorodki there were no signs of other survivors until I was about to leave Dubky. I heard 1 MP5k shot and but that was about it. Next up I went to the small town south of Nadezdhino and as I was about to enter the town I saw a player. I ran up to him and we exchanged "hello". He looked kinda fresh and had his gun on his back but perhaps he didn't have ammo for it. We both looted some buildings and then he ran off north and after looting some more buildings I did the same. Somehow I managed to almost catch up with him and I saw him run directly to the police station in Nadezdhino. After he looted the police station I heard him walking once and since then I haven't seen or heard him. I continued looting the town until I was done.

My next stop was Kozlovka, however while getting there I heard a Mosin shot but couldn't pinpoint it exactly. When I got to Kozovka I started looting it of course. When I was almost done I saw another player, again gun on his back and I was not sure if he had ammo. I said "hello" and he said "hello" and waved. I asked if he needed anything and he said he needed food because he was starving. I gave him some food and he was very grateful. After that I went my way to the next town.

The next town was a few houses south of Kozlovka and the town has no name. It was quiet out there and didn't see any players. After this small town I went to Bor. I looted Bor and haven't seen any person.

After Bor I went my way to Komarovo. While traveling there I didn't saw a player but heard one. I turned around and spoke to him. We both exchanged "do you need anything" and went our ways.

I decided to go to Kamenka first so I skipped Komarovo for now. I didn't see anyone in Kamenka so I went to Komarovo and started looting there. After looting the whole town I saw no one, not even in the police station which I was a bit cautious about. After looting Komarovo the server crashed and I ended my experiment. I might continue it tommorow or another day.

Conclusion/TLDR: I met 3 people which had their gun on their back and no intentions on harming me. It was unclear if they had bullets for their weapon so that might have altered the encounter.

Fun fact: I was the one who saw all 3 people first before they saw me.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, IMT said:

Now for my social experiment:

The experiment was to check how many friendly people there are on Experimental at the moment in the south. I roamed around the coastal city area's and not the cities itself because there is PvP guaranteed.

Friendly people in the coastal areas?

Yeah, I've seen this movie before! Quick, pass the popcorn, this'll be good!

Friendly coastal players ... that's an oxymoron, isn't it? Even the bambis are hostile ... hell, they're the worst offenders.

• Like 3

Wow, just approached 2 american's at tisy and said hi, when I had the drop on them and couldve killed them easy, as they were both talking, facing away and not moving, right out in the open. Server went down right after I said hey and approached them with my gun down, just in time for me to hear my 'hello' met with "HEY HEY WHOA WHOA!! put your weapon down! IM NOT GONNA SAY IT AGAIN put your gun on the..." and when joining back into the server they mustve just coward shot me. This stuff happening in experimental, unprovoked, when everyone's checking out the new stuff and finding bugs is BS.

Moral of the story: Kill everyone... Being friendly always gets you killed, especially by neckbeards screaming like a highway cop off their med's!

Edited by Salty seadog
  • Like 4

Go unotice or out of line of sight is always best. :) 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Salty seadog said:

neckbeards screaming like a highway cops off their med's!

omg hahaha! America in a nutshell

just kidding :p

*hides behind small pine tree*

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 3

World barrels & tents persistance noow in the latest patches - I thought to test out a base?

A good tip: Body temprature is a little sensitive at the moment - if u are brown overheating - find a lake or go to the coast take a swim and get wet and don`t sprint for a while -

it`s a good tip to get your temprature normal again.

If opposite u are very cold due to heavy rain - sprint most of the time, or build a campfire with an axe get some bark on the tree and use some sticks to create fire with to get u warm again.

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ori42 said:

World barrels & tents persistance noow in the latest patches - I thought to test out a base?

A good tip: Body temprature is a little sensitive at the moment - if u are brown overheating - find a lake or go to the coast take a swim and get wet and don`t sprint for a while -

it`s a good tip to get your temprature normal again.

If opposite u are very cold due to heavy rain - sprint most of the time, or build a campfire with an axe get some bark on the tree and use some sticks to create fire with to get u warm again.

weird thing is that I've been running around completely overheated for hours and nothing happened. The heat indicator went from orange to red to totally mental and I am still alive and running about.

I think there must be something wrong with the temperature thingy or the devs reduced the value of the multiplier (or whatever it is) that would normally cause a heart attack within minutes once the indicator shows dark red.

• Like 2

I don't have the heat issue on my new spawn, gunned down in NW airfield while doing a suicide run lol. I respawn as a girl. I never noticed that I could point at myself in ground search mode and my player graphic would move in and out so I could see my entire outfit. The black square glitch looking box in top right corner while carrying a rifle changed when I acted like I was lowering the range of a scope with page down, even though the dbl barrel shotgun has no range change and then it showed the type of weapon properly. I was shot at several times on the way back up north and the funniest was when I heard click click...click..click...by then I was zigzagging and Boom whiiiiiizzzzz Boom whiiiiiizzzzzz.  I saw a motorcycle helmet with a mouth guard attached. If that server is still around tomorrow I will find my barrels and go fishing and relax.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, IMT said:

After almost 1 hour the server crashed again and again it was UK 0-3, US Centraleast 0-2 and US Centraleast 0-3. I really hope this pattern helps the developers out to crush this bug. :)

Those servers were down all day long.  I don't think there is any pattern there, besides that the Centraleast servers were all not working today.  I tried getting into them a few times, but they always failed and stayed on 0/60.  Sorry.  You sounded excited about the science.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

@ IMT: never used TeamSpeak, just installed it. Do i need OverWolf too?

Found something new implemented (i guess?). It only takes 6 slot.

gyOBusn.jpg

And that's one for the devs :-) negative plus negative equals ?? .....

geY8bXj.jpg

That should have happend in 0.59 :-)

59VPaou.jpg

two minutes before i met a guy in the military tent base who actually  didn't shot on sight and 4 minutes before we met another guy who shot us KOS.

6kM5Gjk.jpg

• Like 4

On 5/12/2016 at 7:07 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

So, this never happened? All I see are 15 servers in total, filter min 0, max 0, ping 0, full x, batteleye default. Also "Connection failed".

It happened. I have seen 54 servers at some point but then a lot crashed and were put offline.

10 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

Friendly people in the coastal areas?

Yeah, I've seen this movie before! Quick, pass the popcorn, this'll be good!

Friendly coastal players ... that's an oxymoron, isn't it? Even the bambis are hostile ... hell, they're the worst offenders.

Believe it or not Bill, I had some good encounters with bambi's. Now to try anything with an axe or what ever would be dumb because I would've taken my SKS out and blasted them away. I engage them and then they have an option, either be friendly and speak to me or try to axe me with dead as consequence. It means they made their choice so I will make mine.

10 hours ago, ori42 said:

Go unotice or out of line of sight is always best. :) 

That is what I usually do but now I took a different approach and for now nothing has happened, yet.

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Those servers were down all day long.  I don't think there is any pattern there, besides that the Centraleast servers were all not working today.  I tried getting into them a few times, but they always failed and stayed on 0/60.  Sorry.  You sounded excited about the science.

You just had to ruin my little discovery, had you. :( That's alright, I still think it means something or maybe not. At least I reported it here so if it means something the developers will surely figure it out!

4 hours ago, mugur said:

@ IMT: never used TeamSpeak, just installed it. Do i need OverWolf too?

What is OverWolf? We only used TeamSpeak.

3 hours ago, mammut (DayZ) said:

snip

The dissasembling of the Trumpet is in-game for as long as I can remember. Not sure if it still makes the ammo disappear when you dissasemble it.

2 hours ago, Ironhuge said:

So, this never happened? All I see are 15 servers in total, filter min 0, max 0, ping 0, full x, batteleye default. Also "Connection failed".

A lot of servers crash and stay dark. I believe they have like a timeout. I think it has to do with x amount of crashes between a period of x minutes. If it hits that limit it will stay down until they get manually restarted.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

@IMT: sort of a plugin for teamspeak i guess...

4 hours ago, mammut (DayZ) said:

gyOBusn.jpg

And that's one for the devs :-) negative plus negative equals ?? .....

geY8bXj.jpg

That should have happend in 0.59 :-)

59VPaou.jpg

two minutes before i met a guy in the military tent base who actually  didn't shot on sight and 4 minutes before we met another guy who shot us KOS.

6kM5Gjk.jpg

The trumpet being able to be disassembled has always been that way since it was first put in the game.

The trumpet being able to be disassembled has always been that way since it was first put in the game.

Okey i must have missed that completely ....

But that is also part of the dayz experience. One will allways discover something never seen before. 

Edited by mammut (DayZ)

46 minutes ago, mugur said:

@IMT: sort of a plugin for teamspeak i guess...

It's an overlay like steam's overlay that gives you access to teamspeak's features among several other things.

19 hours ago, emuthreat said:

The flattening grass has been in for a few patches.  I would routinely use that strategy to find chickens that I had shot from long distances.  You can lay down and roll-flat, about 100 feet of grass, before the earliest bit flattened will pop back up.

That's so cool, I can't believe I only noticed it now. It's a shame it goes up relatively quick, it could be a good way of identifying a sniper nest being used frequently. Could be very useful on private and RP servers.

21 hours ago, Noctoras said:

This has always been a big bummer - I very much hope that thsi idea is or will be dropped

I hear there are lots of easy mode care bear games out there for you play instead.

I've done my own squeaker experiment and so far I've run into 2 (possibly 1) friendly player at a military base no less and 1 squeaker who sounded like he was russian and I couldn't understand him. I also ran past someone who was semi-friendly as they didn't say anything but they had their gun pointed at me in order to make sure I wasn't going to attack them after we ran past each other.

• Like 2

Grass getting flattened has been in since day 1, hold over from arma 2 I do believe.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

I hear there are lots of easy mode care bear games out there for you play instead.

^^ now I thought about how to adress this brain fart for like five minutes. Figured out my brain doesn't really cope with this level. Sorry.

Edited by Noctoras