SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

58 minutes ago, Excanto said:

So I tried deleting the cfg files, nothing. Problem solved by reinstall. Played for about an hour in 3rd person. Found some boots and couldn't swap them with my tennis shoes, took off my tennis shoes and got stuck barefoot cause they vanished and still couldn't get the boots on. Crawled around prone and nothing. Then I tried putting the boots into my hands and they popped into my hands and then popped onto my feet by themselves. Still no bottles or canteens. Time for some food and then maybe later I will try to find an oak tree.

What server do you play on? I've got a couple bottles and I can spare one if you need it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

What server do you play on? I've got a couple bottles and I can spare one if you need it.

Thanks, I was playing 1st person on S W server but it's gone now. I just started a 3rd person on S W 0-1 server. I'm near Pavlovo. I'm off for the rest of the night. I'm gonna try some fishing tomorrow night when I get home from work. Maybe I'll catch a VSS :-)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cgdeth said:

Why would you make an account to complain?

I made my account when .60 dropped so i could actually contribute even if its only a little bit to bug fixing, because I want .60 to be amazing when it comes to stable.

He doesn't seem to be complaining, just asking for more servers because he is excited to play, which is perfectly reasonable for as much as they hyped it up.

3 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I just have to say not everyone running towards you is intent on trying to kill you. I've ran towards quite a few people intending to talk and have been greeted with such, but I've also had bad apples run towards me with an intent on killing me. 

I know the difference.  It's just a shame when being frosty and prepared does not help.

Had a few "we can both walk away" conversations over the last few days, from hearing each other's footsteps.  I actually ran for the last hour with a guy I met in Grishino, who was looking to hunt for leather to tan and craft a backpack; crayzy dude, made me axe about four zombies because he wanted to see if the sporter was sitll hard to hear--a very intense couple minutes.

• Like 5

Yay, Monday!

I'm excited to see how this patch progresses!

Bring on the updates!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yay, Monday!

I'm excited to see how this patch progresses!

Bring on the updates!

For updates it's good it's monday but it isn't for playing.

What do you think will interest water down a bit? No chance to get in any server.

Are zombies respawning or towns stay clear until restart?

1 hour ago, igor-vk said:

What do you think will interest water down a bit? No chance to get in any server.

Just checked and there's 24 servers worldwide, all of them full at 6am EST. That's 1440 players on exp at 6 am... For some reason I feel even double the servers would still be maxed out haha. Speaking of which I'm wondering where the US east and Northeast servers are

Edited by Kohlbar

why do you advertise this as your biggest and most improtant update, and then only add ONE/UNO/1 Experimental server for the WHOLE european union (over 500Million People)???

i dont get it. you keep making bad decisions and you are shitting on your community and that makes me kinda sad.

i mean:

-70% of your assests were already done, when you started the dayz dev. some hobby modders made maps as big as chernarus with 2-3 people for arma 3 in less then 2 years. WHY CANT YOU??? YOU ARE PROFESSIONALS!!!!

-your engine was crap from the beginning, and EVERYONE knew it, so why did  you start building dayz upon a crappy engine that doesnt work out, instead of buying one of the good ones, or start FROM SCRATCH, like every other developer does it. and there are no other game developers with your experience, who are unable to create the BASIC ENGINE PART OF COLLISON DETECTION.

-New Vehicles were added in Arma3 Epoch, LOOOOOONG before DayZ had the stupid and almost useless Truck

-Basebuilding is long there in epoch, and even in exile, which is a few YEARS newer than DayZ SA

-this list could go on forever, but my time is more worth then your game. i think that you DAYZ devs feel the same XD

-you should REALLY add a stop button for the server browser, or make it MUCH more responsive, since its pretty worthless in its state, and most of crappy f2p games have better server browsers.

all in one: you had a nice idea, but you are too unskilled as developers and/or dont have enough ressources to do something like that.

ALL of your games are full of good ideas, but developed like shit. OFP to DayZ SA, all have the same problems, with performance, collision detection, AI, clunky movement etc.

why dont you get rid of these problems first, before you release a new game? your engine and your engine development team sucks so bad, that even a friend of mine, who studys game-development in the 3rd semester, can program a better collision detection then your guys. in his demonstration of a game engine, which he has done for study, you wont fall through walls, or get "eaten" by rocks . get rid of your fucking noobprogrammers, and hire some professional programmers, who know what they are doing, and keep making the game better, instead of adding more bugs, like your team does now.

a little tip from me to you, since your are unfamilliar with the gaming industry: you could have much better FPS with almost no development cost, by adding "umbra optimizer" to your engine. the game wouldve been done by now, if you would buy 3rd party technology, thats so much better then your crap of code.

you wanted to develop this game with the community (early access and so on) so do funking develop it with the community.

If you already unable to hold ANY of the timelines YOU set, then at least add more experimental servers, and keep your community informed. 

since now, you totaly ignored the community in case of suggestions. thats why your game has und 10k active players with over 10mil copies sold.

i can speak for myself, and for MANY MANY MANYMANYMANY others, that i will NOT buy any of your future games in early access, since you are the worst example of early access bloatware.

i hope you will think about this and get to work....

Edited by ktaanthrax

7 minutes ago, ktaanthrax said:

blablabla

First, this isn't the right topic for these kind of posts. Second, if you would actually read tweets/posts from the devs you would (maybe) understand whats going on.

Also saying that they have ignored community suggestions just shows that you have no clue what you talking about.

Ha

• Like 7

The expected date for the SR is tomorrow so i dont know what are you talking about @ktaanthrax.

Just chill yourself and wait for the stable release to play.

Regarding the community, imagine that the dayZ devs take into account all the stupid posts from the community... as a big company BI is, they should focus on their internal development, of course is important to read and discuss the community feedback because it helps a lot, but posts like yours makes me understand why devs does not take seriously the community feedback. 

Cheers and VIVA 0.6 patch!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

The expected date for the SR is tomorrow so i dont know what are you talking about @ktaanthrax.

Just chill yourself and wait for the stable release to play.

Regarding the community, imagine that the dayZ devs take into account all the stupid posts from the community... as a big company BI is, they should focus on their internal development, of course is important to read and discuss the community feedback because it helps a lot, but posts like yours makes me understand why devs does not take seriously the community feedback. 

Cheers and VIVA 0.6 patch!

you want to tell me, that dayz EA was going on like it should???? you talking BS. DiRT Rally came to EA half a year ago and is finished now. they did EVERYTHING the community wanted from them. theres nothing to protect here, the EA of DayZ was a total desaster and it is still. i was one of the guys, who defended this game a long time. but now, theres nothing to defend. the devs, are just lazy as fuck, cause they already made their fucking money out of my pocket and many other pockets. give me an answer to that question: why are the ArmA3 dayzlike mods much more progressed then the SA??? there are only non-professional hobby programmers with full time jobs who spend every of their free minutes to make their mods better and better and dont even get paid for it. so whats keeping the BI guys from doing the same??? i tell you: they dont give a fuck. they have their money, and im pretty sure, that only 3 guys are working at the SA atm. otherwise i couldnt explain that litte amount of progress. even a game as big as the witcher 3 was developed  faster, with much higher quality from scratch. CDP is not bigger then BI, and they had MUCH more subsystems+assets to develop. but you fell for them. they give you little pieces of nothing, and sell it to you like "the new awesome ultra mega super update with killer funktions" and you buy it..... you have no idea of software development, heavent you?

Edited by ktaanthrax

On 4.5.2016 at 7:22 PM, SMoss said:

- New Renderer: Paramedic infected are visually disappearing at a certain distance.

Is it this bug?

Spoiler

I now confirmed that it's the paramedic one that does that.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 2

@ktaanthrax Why so mad, test servers be limited,  do you plat to kill or play to submit bugs? Either way why not just play A3 till servers free up/ hit stable, it's only a game mush, surely you have more. Than 1 in your library, O and  on a side note will .6 stable support 60 players??

yeah, i wanted to see, what´ve they done with my money. and thats my right, since i paid for it. and sure, i wanted to submit bugs or otherwise i would not have bought an EA game. is the feedback tracker online again?

Edited by ktaanthrax

3 minutes ago, ktaanthrax said:

am besten du spielst dich mal nich so auf. ich weiß wie man DDoS attacken ausführt, und weiß wo du bist :)

Jap, leg mal los, DUMMSCHWÄTZER.

Nimm die Griffel von Papas Rechner, könnte sonst teuer werden ;)

...schreib er schnell von papas rechner, weil er heute abend um 18:00 im bett sein muss.... 

ich bin wahrscheinlich wesentlich älter als du, hab mein eigenes haus, meine familie und einen sehr gut bezahlten job, also trittst du mit deiner aussage ins leere, da du nichts über mich weisst. 

1 hour ago, ktaanthrax said:

* snip *

I'm going to treat this seriously, despite your complete ignorance for the conventions of written language...

You are right to some extent, the dev-consumer communication is inconsistent due to various factors and the development pace is not standing up to consumer demand, but saying that the team "does not give a shit/fuck" is way too extreme.

I don't know how long have you been on the bandwagon, but they didn't expect DayZ SA to be such a selling hit. Once they got the funds, the whole scope of the project changed. Of course, I can see that under this pressure some decisions in project management were poorly handled. Regardless, they did decide to improve on the engine, which was out of the question in terms of funding before the game hit EA and that decision screams dedication. You wouldn't take away that, if you knew something about the industry. Then again, I don't hold that against you, as DayZ is a B2C product and consumer products should take into account end-user's ignorance in order to be successful.

As for the servers, the amount that is accessible is feasible for stress testing purposes and that is what they were meant for, for the good or bad.

Also, a word of personal advice... You're in public space, place keep it civil. And a bit of practice in English grammar (or general grammar) will also benefit you in the future. ;)

Edited by smoq2

Just to report performance has about doubled for me. All of the bugs I've noticed have been reported already. 

i72600k @ 4.5 

8gb ram

GTX 970 

Dayz on a SSD

Keep at it Devs :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, smoq2 said:

I'm going to treat this seriously, despite your complete ignorance for the conventions of written language...

You are right to some extent, the dev-consumer communication is inconsistent due to various factors and the development pace is not standing up to consumer demand, but saying that the team "does not give a shit/fuck" is way too extreme.

I don't know how long have you been on the bandwagon, but they didn't expect DayZ SA to be such a selling hit. Once they got the funds, the whole scope of the project changed. Of course, I can see that under this pressure some decisions in project management were poorly handled. Regardless, they did decide to improve on the engine, which was out of the question in terms of funding before the game hit EA and that decision screams dedication. You wouldn't take away that, if you knew something about the industry. Then again, I don't hold that against you, as DayZ is a B2C product and consumer products should take into account end-user's ignorance in order to be successful.

As for the servers, the amount that is accessible is feasible for stress testing purposes and that is what they were meant for, for the good or bad.

Also, a word of personal advice... You're in public space, place keep it civil. And a bit of practice in English grammar (or general grammar) will also benefit you in the future. ;)

well, english isnt my native language. and i dont give that much on grammar when talking to people on the internet.

i really get your point, but thats no excuse for a 3 year long EA phase with little to no progress. i bought it shortly after release, so i exactly know how much progress they made. i really appreciate, that they developed a new render-engine, but they started WAY too late and it will not solve the most of the problems with their engine. The RV engine is IMO the worst optimized game-engine in the whole world and enfusion is just RV+new renderer. the most other companies wouldnt release a game with that many bugs, like ArmA1-3. 

like i said the collision detection, crappy fps, and clunky movement are major problems since OFP which even now, 15 years later, remain unsolved. 

they shouldve done a completely new engine with arma 3, but instead they used their old crippled engine(i think for financial reasons) with errors 15 years old and put some dx11 and some features over it, and now got a big ball of mudd.

RV engine "Features":

-bad collision detection (the most essential part of a shooter) walking on rocks = falling through them and die. walking on stairs = get stuck and die. walking towards a wall = glitch through and die

-switch weapon while walking = standing still to switch weapon (finally solved in arma3)

-no free movement i.e. jumping, climbing, etc.

-massive desync between server and clients

-extremely slow server browser that you cant stop from refreshing

-extremeley clunky vehicle physiks

-undynamic sound engine (sounds cant move with their source)

-massive FPS problems on multiplayer and large scale ai missions

-non dynamic lightning (flashlights throw light through walls, etc.)

-several crashes

-non effective memory allocator

-no multi cpu/gpu support

-no 64bit support

-poor ingame voice chat quality

+realistic ballistic

+good sound effects

+nice graphics with huge viewdistance

+extremely huge maps

+nice "stances" feature

+huge possible amount of players on 1 server

btw. if you want to keep the grammar right, you have to write "english" with an "e" instead of an "E" :)

Edited by ktaanthrax

this forum and this fred is about dayz SA, not Arma3, DiRT or operation flashpoint.

RV engine has nothing to do with dayz SA so please stop flaming and return to topic.

Not many who are playing now on a monday, but login is still broken - doesn`t work when u click 1 time. 

1 hour ago, ktaanthrax said:

*snip*

I'm not a native as well. In fact, I've been only twice to countries where English is an official language. Nonetheless, I believe effort is a display of respect. To each his own I guess...

Yeah, I get your point. There is so much wrong with the quality of BIS products no argument is strong enough to defend them. I'm going to pass on trying to change your opinion, and respect it, but I'm keeping a firm stance on the topic of the team's dedication.

Also - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalization#Adjectives ;)

Edited by smoq2
  • Like 1

I can't even find any experimental servers. Removed all the filters, sorted the list by server version and all I get is 2 servers with .60 version but different build, going by the name THE TEST. Any chance of getting the IP adresses so I could try remote connect?