DJSade

Is DayZ a disappointment?

Is DayZ a disappointment?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is DayZ a disappointment?

• Disappointment
    • Not disappointment

DayZ was a blast 2 years ago. But what do the community think about it now? And even with the upcoming .60 patch.. Is it a disappointment or not?

I think it's awesome... though I would advise starting off in the forums on a positive note as opposed to... this. 

• Like 6

Now that we have an equal start, how about you express in a more comprehensive or clear manner and give some reason as to why you are disappointed at this stage of develoment, if not this can only be a troll Topic and we all know what happens to those, don't we !

Edited by Brokenbones

Play any game for 2 years and tell me if it's still as exciting as the first time you played it. 

I think a lot of people are a bit jaded because of the amount they have played both mod and standalone. To me, it's one of the few games that I have invested so much time in. Even games I loved like ff7 or ocarina of time didn't see me put in the almost 1000 hours I've logged in dayz.

I'm not disappointed by the game, I'm more disappointed with the community a lot of the time lol.

It's coming together, at a slower pace than many would like but I can still see progress being made which keeps me optimistic. 

• Like 1

I will agree that there are disappointments to be found within dayz, however... to label the game a disappointment as a whole seems a bit extreme. 

I love this game.

• Like 1

I've not played DayZ since January. I was disappointed when we didn't get .60 at the end of Febuary, and I suppose I'm faintly disappointed when new versions don't include features I'm specifically looking forward to, but am I disappointed in DayZ as a whole? Absolutely not. If the devs turned around right now and said "muwaha, it was all a ruse, we just wanted your early access money! Look upon an unfinished game, that we never had any intention to finish because we are the true embodiment of evil, muwaha!" I'd have gotten my money's worth out of DayZ, easy.

So no. It's not a disappointment. Games take time to develop, especially when the groundwork has to be torn up. The scope of DayZ is far greater than its 'rival' survival games, and that contributes to its development time as well. Remember that the Standalone was originally just going to be a polished version of the mod, but the devs decided to make something better. If they'd just made a polished version of the mod, then why not just play the mod? The standalone will be better than the mod - different at the very least. That takes time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

I've not played DayZ since January. I was disappointed when we didn't get .60 at the end of Febuary, and I suppose I'm faintly disappointed when new versions don't include features I'm specifically looking forward to, but am I disappointed in DayZ as a whole? Absolutely not. If the devs turned around right now and said "muwaha, it was all a ruse, we just wanted your early access money! Look upon an unfinished game, that we never had any intention to finish because we are the true embodiment of evil, muwaha!" I'd have gotten my money's worth out of DayZ, easy.

So no. It's not a disappointment. Games take time to develop, especially when the groundwork has to be torn up. The scope of DayZ is far greater than its 'rival' survival games, and that contributes to its development time as well. Remember that the Standalone was originally just going to be a polished version of the mod, but the devs decided to make something better. If they'd just made a polished version of the mod, then why not just play the mod? The standalone will be better than the mod - different at the very least. That takes time.

welcome to dayZ standalone man...
today is exactly 4 MONTHS and 1 DAY since the last exp version came out...
and 'Posted 10 Dec 2015' by boneboys was the last post in stable.. so that's 5 months and 5 days... 

we'll prob. get 0.60 end of this month.. (my first guess was half of april, but that aint happening no more..

they went down from 4 updates a year.. to (at current speedl) 3 updates/year 
I might not be an addict like most people with 800-1000+ hours (currently having 345 hours of SA myself and about 500 in the mod) 
but the progress at this stage... is pathetic.. for the amount of stuff we're getting.. we'll ultimately say: we're getting this.. and it took the devs (almost) 4.5 months to get there..
(since exp is 1-2 weeks should there not be screw ups) if there are.. it's back to the drawing board all together.

I've learned to accept the fact that dayz dev is slowing down.. but we'll see what they put out end of the month (if they put out)
so we can see for ourselves if 'problem' areas + the other cities have a 50% fps gain or more..

the trailers and all look good and their 'plans' but I remember when the suicide animation was first announced.. full on hype.. took 4-5 weeks to get it working..
and for all its flashy youtube announcement video it got.. it is 'just one feature'   

Edited by Tigermonk
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Brokenbones said:

Now that we have an equal start, how about you express in a more comprehensive or clear manner and give some reason as to why you are disappointed at this stage of develoment, if not this can only be a troll Topic and we all know what happens to those, don't we !

I don't know. I got the most of the game at the first year of its alpha early access, what's the point of getting excited at release? Like, we paid for a release at some point - but whats the point if you never get to enjoy it.. And now, I don't even play it at all - the average playerbase in a day is 2500. Kind of disappointed how this game is a kind of unfinished project for years. Will you really be excited to see 1.0? What will be the difference from now.. It's gonna be the same with an fps buff, helicopters, slightly better graphics, slightly better mechanics.

This is kind of disappointing to me.

Edited by DJSade

DJ Sade huh? as in THE SADE..?? 

Sade-The-Sweetest-Taboo-top-100-yacht-ro

..either way, that is one hell of a way to strut on into the forums.

3 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

DJ Sade huh? as in THE SADE..?? 

Sade-The-Sweetest-Taboo-top-100-yacht-ro

..either way, that is one hell of a way to strut on into the forums.

Haha. I just wanted to share something about this game since I come by and check if there are any news on the updates.

Forums are for sharing crap between people with a common interest no? I really feel lile this game kinda failed it fans, there are only a tenth of people playing it now and it's sad to see how the game will stay in the same place.. I mean 4 month for an update.. kinda abandoned no?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJSade said:

Haha. I just wanted to share something about this game since I come by and check if there are any news on the updates.

Forums are for sharing crap between people with a common interest no? I really feel lile this game kinda failed it fans, there are only a tenth of people playing it now and it's sad to see how the game will stay in the same place.. I mean 4 month for an update.. kinda abandoned no?

i'm siding with the fact that their slacking man... but 4 months aint abandoned... the average was 1 update/2.5 months.. then dropped to 3 months.. now dropped to 4 since the new rendering engine and such.. caused so many issues and kinda set the devs straight.. for thinking outside the box to much in this stage of dev. 

but they aint abandoning this..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJSade said:

kinda abandoned no?

Just like Arma 3 and all the other BI games.. abandoned so soon. 

/s

• Like 6

You can’t expect, in this forum, to get a true unbiased opinion on who thinks the game is a disappointment and who doesn’t.  Its like going to church and asking who believes in God?  Most of those who are disappointed in the current state are probably not tuning in to take a poll.  There maybe a few naysayers loitering about but the numbers at this forum will probably lean to the positive.  Sinners are usually scolded pretty severely leaving them feeling unwelcomed, ergo, they don’t hang out for cake after the sermon.

My vote is no, DayZ is not a disappointment. The development of the game is a chalky pill to swallow and every Wednesday I have less desire to log in, not because I’m disappointed, but because I don’t want to invest time into my character (I’m a hoarder) if there’s an update next week, or next week, or next week.

I have never gotten as much “mileage for the money” from any other form of entertainment than I have from DayZ, so if they told us tonight the game would no longer be supported, I would be very upset but MAN its been a good run.  I feel like I’ve been ripping them off.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DJSade said:

. Is it a disappointment or not?

No DayZ is not a disappointment.

and No I don't want to vote about it - what is there to vote about?

Is it a disappointment driving a car when you got your driving license 12 years ago or does it feel like it isn't ?

?Or do you mean - is it a disappointment they still don't have Orbital Strikes in DayZ SA even though I wrote to them about it in the Vanilla Mod already and twice more in the SA, and TOLD them not to forget, but even if they remembered they didn't do it -  on purpose?

Is it a disappointment you mention you "come by and check" but you only have 4 posts, and 3 of them are on this topic today -  and the other one is about buying the XBOX in 2013 ?

What games on your XBOX ONE that you loaded when you first got it are now a disappointment even though you don't play them much because you realize XBOX ONE marks a shift back to the x86 architecture of the original XBOX and abandons the more sophisticated XBOX 360 technology, and also makes do with an AMD Accelerated Processing Unit? Is it disappointing how much you and I both suspect very few folk will deeply sympathize?

Is it a disappointment that Irishjake knows what I'm on about -  he feels it as instinct by calling up the sight even if his Cailleach grandmother has to translate it all into Gaelic before he has the understanding ?

I should (I must) continue, but something .. a voice only I can hear  .. the voice, the řomani čhib... is telling me.. is telling me.. Yes...  she is telling me Not to vote

Did you know that ☣BioHaze☣ worships Kthulu but he uses the Modern American spelling and not the Ancient Spelling in his rituals?

xx thanks

PS =   PILGRIM will answer all questions about the future of anything, including DayZ SA for only  €18, or  £14.32, or  $20.408758 , or cross my palm with silver     (ok.. or bitcoins)
Don't worry - Dude, I am your Father. Search your feelings, you know where to send the Money.

[only one question per player thanx. ]

Edited by pilgrim*
* This is not an advertisement
  • Like 2

I really dont think this kind of poll achieves anything. Perhaps be a bit more constructive.

• Like 3

What is a dissapointment? A game being under closed development, videos shown, trailers released, then when its released its crap. A game being developed close to the community for a loooooooong time by one of the most succesful gaming franchises in the world, then released and ruined by an auction house. Or, a game being released in an unfinished state, playing allowed, being updated and upgraded all along development with input from the community allowed and encouraged. 

All I can say is that I have played the game from release and have never spent as much time on any game ever before. And I clearly don't do it because I am dissapointed.

I believe that quite a few of the hardcore mod players were dissapointed when SA wasn't just like the mod. Perhaps those are the ones that have a right to be so. Most others simply do not have a clue.

I can't even count the number of negative comments I've read and repsonded to, here, on youtube and on steam. They all have one thing in common, the are incorrect. Not about the issues with the game or the slow development but about what responses they are really allowed to have. I know this steps on a lot of toes but look at it this way: I sell you a car, In the sales contract I write: "The car is not fully functional, it has broken stuff, doesnt run well and is ugly", you buy it anyways. Afterwards you come to me and complain about the car having broken stuff, not being fully functional, it doesnt run well and its ugly. What is my reaction? Well, I'll tell you to fuck off. And that is basically where we are at. I'm quite sure the devs would like to tell whiners to fuck off but they can't since its a serious company but every single person who bought this game read the disclaimer, clicked the button and paid their fee. Then every time they log in they need to read the disclaimer and click the button AGAIN!  And still they complain. I can't really fathom it to be frank.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Judged_Guitly said:

Its like going to church and asking who believes in God?

I sure as fuck don't. But whatever gets ppl inspired and motivated i guess is ok as long as the view point is not constantly shoved down my throat.

33 minutes ago, Deathlove said:

I sure as fuck get inspired and motivated as long as the view point is constantly shoved down my throat.

giphy.gif

Edited by lrishjake
  • Like 5

I would have to vote that stupid people are more disappointing than dayZ is which in my honest opinion dayZ is not a disappointment at all as it's still fun to play.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lrishjake said:

giphy.gif

Lol you bastard! XD

I personally would like to stay neutral. I still have plenty of hope for the game but at the same time i cant say im to impressed with its current state which i would logically assume most ppl are not.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

This thread is kind of a disappointment.  I was hoping for some good old-fashioned forum flame-wars.  Instead, all I got was a bunch of tempered responses, and a few polite warnings from the mods (even the incognito one).  I'm disappointed.

• Like 4

Hey :)

At this stage, even with all the positive things since start - compare to the expectations AND announcements from the DayZ SA Team, it would be a disappointment for me....to be honest.
I personally need more Zombies, real Basebuilding etc. in DayZ...what is still missing in my opinion and will be hard to implement by time i think.

I still have hope in me and looking forward for Version 0.60, when i will play the game after month again, to see how the feeling and fun it is.

On 15.4.2016 at 8:32 PM, Tigermonk said:

i.. now dropped to 4 since the new rendering engine and such.

not getting in the topic's discussion, but the first iteration of 0.59 exp. was almost half a year (more than 5 months) ago, went online Nov 2nd.

3 hours ago, Noctoras said:

not getting in the topic's discussion, but the first iteration of 0.59 exp. was almost half a year (more than 5 months) ago, went online Nov 2nd.

^ with that post you just did go into this discussion.. but alright ;) you'll get a free pass this time brah. haha xD you got my point.. and THAT was the point...