boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.59 Discussion

Emuthreat just died walking, not running, into a shed. Running might be more likely to make the problem trigger, but it isn't the key. Also, two of us died from this bug while wearing a Hunting Backpack.

Oh god, sheds too now? I'm already saying a prayer each time I leave an apartment block. Now I also have to fear for my life in sheds and garages?

Was the server very full then? I can imagine it's desync again and we get ported through the invisible collision meshes of the 3D-models. I can confirm though that the times I died the server was half full at most. Don't know how that would desync things so much, but it might have something to do with vehicles being driven/meeting.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Not 100% sure on the other times, but Emu's death, the last one to happen, was when there were like 7-10 people on the server.

This kind of shed has killed us at least twice that I know of.

LKh1dnF.jpg

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

Not 100% sure on the other times, but Emu's death, the last one to happen, was when there were like 7-10 people on the server.

*snip*

That's the exact model of shed that's gotten me every time as well. Any time it's happened, it's never been like deceptively raised up or anything though, it appears just like it does in that photo nearly flush with the ground.

• Like 2

That's the exact model of shed that's gotten me every time as well. Any time it's happened, it's never been like deceptively raised up or anything though, it appears just like it does in that photo nearly flush with the ground.

The plot thickens....

The plot thickens....

Yep same type of shed here too

LKh1dnF.jpg

there's a workaround.  if you back into the shed wearing no pants and holding a pitchfork and yodeling, it slightly decreases your chance of death.  you're welcome.

there's a workaround. if you back into the shed wearing no pants and holding a pitchfork and yodeling, it slightly decreases your chance of death. you're welcome.

Either that, or develop a virtual phobia and send someone else in.

Either that, or develop a virtual phobia and send someone else in.

You know it's bad when you find yourself 3pp peeking at the loot just for fear of walking in and inexplicably dying.

• Like 1

Found a VSS today.  Ran over to Myshinko and found a mag.  Sat up in the hills shooting infected.  Wow!  That is one SLOOWWWW bullet.  At first, I thought I had the range wrong bc the first infected didn't move.  Then, as I'm checking the range, he drops.  Probably took a second at 250-300m.  I'll stick with the scoped Blaze for sniping.  It's pretty nice up close though as it has virtually no recoil.  Nice vanity piece I guess.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604247947

Found a VSS today. Ran over to Myshinko and found a mag. Sat up in the hills shooting infected. Wow! That is one SLOOWWWW bullet. At first, I thought I had the range wrong bc the first infected didn't move. Then, as I'm checking the range, he drops. Probably took a second at 250-300m. I'll stick with the scoped Blaze for sniping. It's pretty nice up close though as it has virtually no recoil. Nice vanity piece I guess.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604247947

I got a ump with acog and an fnx with red dot sight up and running between a heli crash and stary sobor tents. Didn't even get to fire them before that DAMN GARAGE took my life.

I was so chuffed to upgrade from my 9mm mp5 and glock setup to the comfort and confidence of

.45acp has anyone got a hanky for these salty salty tears

Need, 'sperimental, uup-daht for sanity....

It's best to assume, since no one answered my question on the SR, that we won't see Experimental until the end of February. 

• Like 1

Wow,that would suck gigantic monkey ass! I think Hicks said in Australia that they planed 0.60 for Christmas. So it might be sooner than end of February.

Wow,that would suck gigantic monkey ass! I think Hicks said in Australia that they planed 0.60 for Christmas. So it might be sooner than end of February.

I asked for clarification on the Status Report. Maybe someone with a Twitter account can tweet Hicks? I don't know how to Twitter.

I think from the dev blog they said "internally they hoped for late February"

Whether that means a release to us mortals in late Feb or released to internal testers in late Feb is anyone's guess. But yeah, what is this.... Twitter?

From the SR:

"Internally we're hoping to have our next .60 update out late next month."

This could mean several different things.

1) After talking amongst ourselves, we think we will have .60 pushed to Stable at the end of February.

2) After talking amongst ourselves, we think we will have .60 pushed to Experimental at the end of February.

3) We think we will begin testing .60 internally at the end of February.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 3

From the SR:

1) After talking amongst ourselves, we think we will have .60 pushed to Stable at the end of February.

2) After talking amongst ourselves, we think we will have .60 pushed to Experimental at the end of February.

Much clearer than my abomination of a phone post

• Like 1

From the SR:

Answer to that is: When its ready!

Answer to that is: When its ready!

I'm not really asking when it will be ready exactly. I really just want to know what they actually meant when they wrote the sentence I quoted. I realize it's just a ballpark estimate, but I still can't figure out what they mean. It didn't clarify anything.

Been having some weird issues when launching DayZ.

First I got an issue with my .cfg file and so when I did enter the game, all my settings had to be re-applied. No biggie but thought that was odd? 

Second, I got an issue with a graphics config (sorry i'm forgetting the actual file name) that failed to load. All my graphic settings are still set however I have been getting really bad frame rate all the way down to 1 FPS. I've had the issue of very low FPS a few times before but it clears up quickly; however not this time, it was for a good 8 - 10 seconds and very annoying.  

I verified game files with no issues but still the issues persist. I uninstalled last night and started the download before heading off to bed so hopefully everything is better when I start up the game tonight after work. 

I'm on a Nvidia 680 GTX and and i7 860 running at 4.0 GHZ in case anybody is curious. 

It didn't clarify anything.

As usual. Devs act like they are working in North Korean nuclear weapons factory. If  they say something, Kim Jong Un will feed them to the dogs.

• Like 4

If  they say something, Kim Jong Un will feed them to the dogs.

It kinda makes sense if you replace "Kim Jong Un" with "Reddit". 

I had to wipe away a tear of laughter on that one btw.  :lol:

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Been having some weird issues when launching DayZ.

First I got an issue with my .cfg file and so when I did enter the game, all my settings had to be re-applied. No biggie but thought that was odd? 

Second, I got an issue with a graphics config (sorry i'm forgetting the actual file name) that failed to load.

I do have the same problems, except i dont have fps drop.

NtQYma7.jpg

Edited by DaveB

What kind of launcher is that M72 Law anti-tank launcher? 

There are no plans in dayz to have tanks so..

Otherwise no one will bother to pick it up.

If they are aiming for a launcher - at least use one which u can shoot down helis air to air missiles like a Stinger! :)

The M72 was originally intended to be an improved "panzerfaust", basically. It mainly was loaded with a High Explosive Anti Tank warhead (HEAT) but could be armed with a few other types of warhead as the need required. (but they are pre-loaded, single-use weapons).=

With armor being what it is, nowadays, it can knock a track off or break a few road wheels on main battle tanks...or if you are lucky you could knock out the optics of the main gun...but pissing against the wind, really.

The beauty of these little babies is how light they are and their ability to serve as "door knockers' and light vehicle killers. They will work great against barricades and for flushing snipers out of buildings. Their relatively low velocity and poor ballistics over a few hundred meters makes them useless as Heli killers.

I am not on the bandwagon of having a huge array of military grade weapons and I personally hope the team stops with this level of armament after they release this and maybe the RPG to represent the Sovs.

A V3S with Sagger2 or a HMV with a TOW mount could be the RARE exception, as long as it required a two-man team or a difficult routine to deploy and fire.

As far as Stingers or other anti-air ordinance...seeing as how there has never been a single sighting of an infected flying a Heli, they probably never would be deployed. Yuk yuk.

Edited by philbur
  • Like 1

Several weeks ago I put a Sedan + car tent on the west edge of the map, somewhat hidden in a patch of trees around a very sparsely wooded area. I don't know if I was being followed as I traveled there with the Sedan, or if they just heard the engine/gears shifting from that direction and went there to scope it out. At any rate, my hiding place was discovered. I noticed this when I logged back in and found all of the items I had stashed in that tent missing after a period of less than 12 hours since my logging out. Luckily the Sedan was there, albeit missing a tire. I found another tire and got the Sedan the hell out of there. It was not found until I abandoned it in the middle of a popular road after ruining the two front tires. 

I decided to return to that location to see if perhaps this(these) player(s) had chose to return to that location. By some great amount of misfortune on their end, they had left a Sedan there. I just want to thank those players for being lazy and returning their vehicle to a location which they new to the secrecy of which to be compromised. I would also like to add that I left a sedan in a treeline west of the NWAF for over a week and it was not found. Sure, it was a low pop server, but I found this sedan fully equipped on that server somewhere around Zelenogorsk. If you put your Sedan in a highly trafficked area or a known hiding place, it will be found. You can likely with some degree of comfortability hide your vehicle in almost PLAIN SIGHT and not have it found.

Be clever, don't hide it in a remote area that is likely to be searched for hiding places. Be smart, don't hide it in a route or path that is likely to be traveled as someone is on their way to loot. Obviously there is no way to 100% hide something from being found, but with common sense you can realize that the majority of players will not explore certain treelines around popular areas.

P.S. I know that no one ever found that Sedan because there were 2 car tents inside of it and at one point 1 car tent and a Winchester with a hunting scope. Maybe someone did come across it and decided to be nice and leave those items there. However, I believe the vast majority of players would not feel this way.

P.P.S I KNEW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME TONIGHT GODDAMMIT. I logged on to look for one heli and the server went down for maintenance just as I was approaching the heli. It had a smershvest. I know I'm already wearing one, BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME CTHULU, LORD OF DAYZ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I was so close ;_; :(

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604616261

P.P.P.S. WOW OK THEN. I logged back into the same server in hopes of finding that heli crash in its same location. IT WAS THERE. BUT GUESS WHAT? ALL THE FRIGGIN' LOOT HAD DESPAWNED.

CONCLUSION: Helis persist through resets but their loot does not.

WHY CTHULU WHYYYYYY

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/359527686128630671/D205F4351A07D4E262F2240DA75576B2C12399F5/

Guess I'll go sacrifice my smersh vest to Devil's Castle ;_;

Edited by ghoulman