boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

-What is the weapon disappearing bug?

Press X on the "Hands" field and the weapon doesnt appear in your inventory or on the ground.

• Like 1

I took off/out all the parts and shot 30x with the SKS and wasted three mags with the Skorpion on the bus, yet I could still get in. I waited for the server restart, hoping it would disappear, but it is stuck strong...

Seems they are a lot sturdier than the cars. I'm gonna have to go to the airfield and pick up some grenades. I left a message in the bus, asking for help with its destruction. It's been stuck for days now, and I really wish it would respawn somewhere. Near the bus was a guy again. I played a little cat and mouse, because I was carrying a barrel back to base. He was zig-zagging all over town, probably looking for bus parts. That made it a bit unpredictable where he's going and at one time he just came out of a house five meters in front of me. He was well-kitted with hunting backpack and I guess a Winchester. However, he turned left - had he turned right' he'd seen me. I thought about shooting him, when he was running down a straight street. We actually ran parallel to each other for a while, until he went into a clinic and I continued to my base. I like these encounters, they keep me alert and remind me that at all times there can just be a guy popping out of the door in front of you. I was glad we didn't have a fight, but at the same time I didn't feel like talking to him, either. Sometimes lonewolfing is the best.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Lots of madness tonight .. Me and 2 others encountered 3 cool dudes in Cherno just now , we had all the parts to start up this bus we found near the gas station west of Cherno , we all got in and found out to our dismay that it was stuck to rhe damn railroad tracks (I think all the buses are stuck now , we need a vehicle reset on all experimental servers please !) . So me and the 5 others grab all the stuff we can (tires batteries , plugs) and hoof it across Cherno .. Bad idea ...

I called him "Carlos the butcher", he had a mexican accent and one by one he took my friends down while he forced those of us too weak to fight back, to watch.. He shot me in the back first ( I was in the police officer outfit so naturally the group gave me the gun and bullets to protect everyone else with a tire in hands , unfortunately , I didn't realize loading/ reloading guns with the new UI was such a bitch so I never was able to load the gun) and I went down unconscious..

I hear scattering feet and bullets all around me along with his shrill voice ; " where do you think you're going ?? " he shoots my cousin trying to attack him with his axe ... I slowly arise to conciousness , and realize there's 10 zombies swarming around the industrial parking lot of the towers we were surrounding . I made my way safely to a tin barn like shed... I hid there , shamefully or not , it saved my life ..

I exited the barn , looking at my fallen comrades I could not save spread everywhere , blood on their faces and bullets riddled throughout the tires and batteries we were previously carrying ... I fell to the floor looking for anything useful when I heard the dreaded voice of the butcher again, before meeting the fate he had in mind for me , i ran into the night keeping my spark plug and car battery safe . Maybe soon I will have a car and people can stop dying for these parts !

Overall a great night but I really really hope they fix these buses getting stuck so easy , and I really hope they work on desybc (very very choppy now).

Kashtan scope having some issues. There was a post about this earlier, some one had similar issue.

I think it's related to graphic settings on the system.

If i set my video to High; while looking through the scope, the scope pip is fully gray.

If i set my video to Custom and adjust my video to my system; the scope is not entirely filled with gray polygon, but part of it as you can see on the image below.

Check out screenshots. And keep in mind this is happening in 0.59 and only in 1st person view. I honestly do not remember if i had this issue in 0.58. I am new to the game and moved into 59 after a week of playing stable 58 DayZ.

Please let me know if you have similar issues and possible fixes.

(Other scopes are fine and no issues.. so far just Kashtan)

2015-12-06_00001.jpg

2015-12-06_00002.jpg

2015-12-06_00005.jpg

2015-12-06_00004.jpg

but, it looks OK and you do not see the polygon while in 3rd person view.. check this out:

2015-12-06_00008.jpg

Please help and fix the damn Kashtan! ;)

• Like 2

Car trunks + civilian houses, not piano house, not corner pub, not village pub/hunting lodge, no hangars, gas station or churches. I had the most success with car trunks! I tend to make camps though and am fairly territorial. However, I also tend to roam the whole map - depends on my mood and needs. Whenever I stayed in the same place, made camp overnight and looted again the next day, I found a pack of Winchester ammo. Might help to say that I'm inland and up north most of the time, but I'm not sure if more .308 ammo spawns in the north. I found some in a police station for the first time today, but it was on the coast and there was also a bag of rice there, so someone must have dropped it for mags or other ammo. So yeah, stick to cars and find a smaller village, which you can loot completely. I know it's boring, but after two such villages, I usually need to go find a tent to stash all the useful stuff I found. 

Great advice mate, after reading this and hearing about your success in finding 308 Winchester I've spend 4-5 hours looting every little city and car I could find. Finally last night at the most northern Piano house on the map, i found a stack of 40. :)

I will still say it is super rare - but this was my first find and I've been looking for weeks :). 

• Like 1

:( Yep. There is  more than 30 exp servers up from what I can see at the moment. Up to 6 for some regions and not even ONE Australian server? 

Please, we need something! ...Anything.

Day 3, still no Australian exp servers.

Please! one measly server? 

• Like 1

Buses are soooooo underpowered ... Im guessing the first gear is reverse , second neutral , third is first and so on ? We tried knocking it up to 4th gear to get up a tiny Hill and we couldn't .. We didn't have enough backing up room to even get momentum to get to fifth gear (we didn't try to go from 1st to 5th though , we tried going gear after gear with momentum). We tried all night to find the stuff and then realized they can't even climb the smallest of hills :( .. Time for a bus fix ! And desync too D: ...

• Like 1

Time for a bus fix ! And desync too D: ...

And dual core fix too!! I havent played in days.

It will be fixed over time. Remember ho awfull V3S used to be?

• Like 2

Does anyone know if hunger and thirst indicators from -newui are working? Should they turn in green or red colors?

Does anyone know if hunger and thirst indicators from -newui are working? Should they turn in green or red colors?

The indicators currently have no function and seem to be placeholders.

• Like 1

The indicators currently have no function and seem to be placeholders.

Too bad.... I am already playing with -newui on stable and I was waiting .59 just for this... (ok, and zombies)

Brother Espa's Lonewolf Adventure!

I began this lonely adventure when I decided I wanted to explore the map extensively and survive the entire way. This meant taking some risks in some places and others being like a ghost. There was a tangible difference in my gameplay without my smart team of shooters. . It's darker, I'm more alert, I'm grossly focused on every step I hear so I don't get rolled up on by a killer or an infected. I'm well geared for travel with multiple canteens, food, a CR75 pistol, MP5 in my hands, and a scoped SKS on my back. I'm feeling confident.

I set off through the treeline. . I've learned to take the hard roads to stay safe. I cross by apple trees and go crazy haha.

Then begins the series of interesting finds!

-I walk into a hunting stand and find a fully loaded Crossbow Bolt Quiver item, much like a Stab Vest or Chest Holster.

-I walk into a Hospital and find Antibiotics! I'm a bit wowed that the game has this implemented already!

-THEN! While running for a while, I start getting the message that I'm OVERHEATING. . Sure enough, there's a dark orange status called Overheating. I should have tested what would have occured had I not fixed it (I went for a swim to cool off)

I continue on. . Somehow I lost my MP5, but it all works out as I feel more comfortable with 2 solid weapons with tons of ammo than Double-Holding good weapons.

After scanning through a town, I find a building with the doors shut. . I find this peculiar and I instantly get ready for trouble. .

I stand at the side of the door and open it. No response, no bullets. Huh. I look in and don't see anything right away, but I'm still cautious. . I climb the stair and peek around the corner just in time to see another player standing in the upstairs doorway with a RAK in their hands. I take no chances to see if they're friendly when I hear the chambering. I lean over with my CR75 and we fire.

He clips the wall next to my face and I shoot him in the head with multiple shots. He slumps over and I run over to see if I can save his life, but he doesn't have a pulse and I was fairly sure I ended him with the first bullet. . But I had to be sure. I took some ammo from him and some peaches, then left the rest of his body there.

After traveling for a bit, I check a police station and thankfully don't find anyone inside after getting another clip for my CR75.

I go down by a lake to refill my canteen and while doing so, I freak out because I don't notice that RIGHT NEXT TO ME is a dead player who got shot to death doing the same thing. I calm myself and GTFO lol

After climbing the mountain for a bit, I stop to eat and drink in a big tree. I start hearing steps nearby and I'm like, Oh noooooo! Two guys run right passed me. . I don't move for an extra 5 minutes just in case.

I keep moving north. . I reach an unknown town crawling with Infected and decide to do a community service. SKS snipe time! I went crazy and fired on them from 200-300 meters range with some pretty lethal accuracy!

Decided I'd better save some ammo for future adventures and logged off!

----Disgusting dysync, slight lag, but much fun and pretty cool gear found!

• Like 4

I guess it's desync issue or maybe just issues with trees, I really don`t know. However, if u drop items near the trunk of the tree - it`s impossible to pick it up unless u cut down the tree.

Edited by Ori42

YES!! Aussie servers! Finally. :D TWO of them even. Thank you.  :beans: 
Why not make one 1pp? ... but I'm not complaining. 

• Like 5

Oh wow. You guys really weren't kidding about that rubber banding. 

Oh wow. You guys really weren't kidding about that rubber banding. 

yes, after the latest patch a lot of stuttering/rubber banding, unfortunately. 

Maybe a rollback to the previous patch or a fix in near future! 

Water Purification tablets works as intended - I`ve not been ill so far drinking dirty water from small lakes and rivers.  ^_^

Edited by Ori42

Maybe a rollback to the previous patch or a fix in near future!  ^_^

They said that they will hopefully fix it today... But is getting late and they're too silent :/

• Like 1

Buses are soooooo underpowered ... Im guessing the first gear is reverse , second neutral , third is first and so on ? We tried knocking it up to 4th gear to get up a tiny Hill and we couldn't .. We didn't have enough backing up room to even get momentum to get to fifth gear (we didn't try to go from 1st to 5th though , we tried going gear after gear with momentum). We tried all night to find the stuff and then realized they can't even climb the smallest of hills :( .. Time for a bus fix ! And desync too D: ...

There is no 5th gear in the bus. Play in first person and you see the effects of each gear change and can adapt to it. However, there are situations where you might really not have the momentum and 1st gear won't cut it or go up a hill at half the walking speed and 200% the noise. Don't change gears on mountains/hills is my advice. And if you have to, do it as late as possible. I know this is not how "normal" driving works, but hey it's DayZ cars - they are special ;)

Also, keep all the wheels pristine and if they seem to be stuck halfway in the ground, switch out the front wheels. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

It will be fixed over time. Remember ho awfull V3S used to be?

I have to keep reminding myself of that. Even with all pristine parts, it's still a bit too difficult to operate vehicles at the moment. The V3S is great in 0.58... if they can find a way to make it operate just as well in 0.59 with the addition of the manual transmission, I would be happy. Ditto for the other vehicles. They're just needlessly difficult to drive at the moment in my opinion, but part of that is due to bugs, so I'll reserve judgement for the 0.59 Stable build.

The excitement for new vehicles kind of killed my patience, I guess. I'll have to go to the store and buy some more :p

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Fixed up a bus with Emu, and also a sedan. Took both for a drive down the coast to Electro, got shot at by asshat children, Emu was killed but I managed to pick up two riders and head to Berenzino to grab up Emu. Drove the bus ALL through the center of map, made it up hills just fine. Bus can actually cruise if you give it a little room to stretch. 

My advice is to use -newui.... If your tires get borked then just drag them to vehicle inv then drag back into appropriate spots. Basically a brand new vehicle at that point. The gears can also get stuck between gears sort of..... you can sit and down shift in perpetuity unless you come to a dead stop and slowly downshift to desired gear. Neutral has its own idle sound that is different than normal.

I apologize if I kill anyone here that is on experimental, but if you don't use your words within 5 secs of me making contact I'm gonna shoot you.

It would be nice if the token music guy on every server would play some metal, and not the jurassic park soundtrack. (John Williams is a badass, I just want to hear something with some balls)

• Like 5

There is no 5th gear in the bus. Play in first person and you see the effects of each gear change and can adapt to it. However, there are situations where you might really not have the momentum and 1st gear won't cut it or go up a hill at half the walking speed and 200% the noise. Don't change gears on mountains/hills is my advice. And if you have to, do it as late as possible. I know this is not how "normal" driving works, but hey it's DayZ cars - they are special ;)

Also, keep all the wheels pristine and if they seem to be stuck halfway in the ground, switch out the front wheels. 

Good advice S3V3N - I too found keeping pristine wheels on any of the new vehicles will allow it to roll better. I've even found rotating the wheels even when pristine seems to help too if you're having an issue. Hoping to see that fix released today as Brian Hicks mentioned regarding rubber banding etc. I was out of town this past weekend but heard from a few of you on TS that it was pretty bad :( 

• Like 2

-THEN! While running for a while, I start getting the message that I'm OVERHEATING. . Sure enough, there's a dark orange status called Overheating. I should have tested what would have occured had I not fixed it (I went for a swim to cool off)

If you continue running you get Hyperthermia. It's much easier to cure than Hypothermia, as all you have to do is drink a ton and cool down. You had the right idea by swimming. I sometimes get myself damp or even soaked before going on a long run. Depending on our clothes you can get hot very fast. It's advisable to take off a raincoat, before going on such long journeys. 

I go down by a lake to refill my canteen and while doing so, I freak out because I don't notice that RIGHT NEXT TO ME is a dead player who got shot to death doing the same thing. I calm myself and GTFO lol

I went into a hut and looted there a bit absent minded. Suddenly I realized there was a guy crouched in the corner with a knife to his head. That got me curious. I tried talking to him, but of course he was only some leftover that didn't get cleaned up. He could have so easily attacked me in that moment, I was glad he was a dupe. This kinda thing still happens...though much rarer. Or was your player body actually lying dead on the floor? The one I saw was just frozen. 

I continue on. . Somehow I lost my MP5, but it all works out as I feel more comfortable with 2 solid weapons with tons of ammo than Double-Holding good weapons.

This bugs me the most at the moment. If you carry a secondary and switch to your primary, the secondary goes into the primary's slot. That happens easily when I pick up something else or drink. I always have to remind myself to check my backpack (to see if my secondary is in there, or if it went onto my back), and I had to run back to a lake for ten minutes yesterday to pick up my rifle, because I had forgotten to check just for once. 

If you have 25 free slots in your backpack free you can also rest assured that the new item you pick up will position itself in a way that makes it impossible for your secondary to fit in. The inventory and hotkeys are driving me nuts at times ;)

I've had no Desync with items any more. Filling bottles worked well this time. However, the constant rubberbanding is extremely dangerous when you're running through forest. Because it can easily happen that you suddenly jumpback 5 seconds and don't know your last turn. It's easy to lose orientation in forests when you have no landmarks to follow and when the lag disorients you. Add to that the new increased need to drink more often and you can get yourself screwed. I'm almost at the point of using a compass again, even though I know every inch of the map by heart. Let's wait for the next update, it can't be worse in some regards. This one wasn't fun to play for me, I got killed too often and not by my own fault. 

Some advice for the hunters here. The area around Prud Fields (coordinates ~ 072/062) spawned deer 2x out of 5x I've been there. I don't know if it is a higher chance there, or if I was just lucky, but it seems that's a good hunting ground. The last time (yesterday), I only saw two deer there, though. And you can easily miss them, as the trees can obstruct the view on them, hauling ass. I would be interested to hear if you find anything there. It seems clear to me now that deer always spawns around water sources. There is probably a higher chance when a feeding shack and a deerstand are near, but I'm sure the most important thing is the pond.  

Also, you can hunt the fox with a melee weapon, as it doesn't really run fast. The chicken however is on speed now ^^, so is the rabbit. I wish we had a slingshot for those kind of small prey. I'm really looking forward to the stun gun and other non-lethal options.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Maybe a rollback to the previous patch or a fix in near future! 

Water Purification tablets works as intended - I`ve not been ill so far drinking dirty water from small lakes and rivers.  ^_^

They're working on fixing it. I don't think that version rollbacks will ever be a solution :)

• Like 3

I`ve no luck finding a pistol suppressor in this build.  

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

Jesus I feel for you Americans with your automatics!!! Going up gears will make it harder for a bus to get up a hill. If you are struggling going up try jamming it into 2nd or even 1st! Think ofit like your old bike gears, the higher they are the more resistance at low speeds

• Like 1