boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Like I said: you meet people and they want to give you stuff, holding hands and skipping merrily away through the meadows. I meet escaped convicts and sociopaths. 

I have met a half dozen strangers this week in Experimental and they have ALL been friendly. It's downright weird.

• Like 6

I have met a half dozen strangers this week in Experimental and they have ALL been friendly. It's downright weird.

This has been an ongoing thing between Biohaze and I for awhile. If we are playing together and we split up at all, I get fired upon. He gets hugs, food, and invited to a post-apocalyptic emotional support group.

• Like 10

Rangefinder seems bugged, all readings seem to give a value from 1-7. Performance is good.

Still having this annoying texture issue:

lCz6FRR.jpg

So went to start playing today and my friend spawned inside a rock and can't get out. Is there any way to get out without killing yourself?
I thought I heard somewhere that you could email someone about it and an admin or dev or something can get you out. Anyone know who to email about this?

EDIT: Never mind. Used techniques in this thread https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/229491-stuck-in-a-building/

Edited by LucidHills

suffering from the dual core issue again, 

decide to switch back to stable for the night . 

load up client, click server to enter. Client goes black and locks up 

wth... my only night off this week :(

• Like 1

So went to start playing today and my friend spawned inside a rock and can't get out. Is there any way to get out without killing yourself?

I thought I heard somewhere that you could email someone about it and an admin or dev or something can get you out. Anyone know who to email about this?

Post it on the bugtracker. https://feedback.dayz.com/my_view_page.php

There will be a category for players stuck when filing the bug. Not sure what the response time is like for that though.

• Like 1

I had suggested to ColdAtrophy that we try to find S3V3N's camp so we spawned into a warehouse.... to the sound of infected mulling about.

I spawned in just before him and heard gunshots so we hunkered down to see what was happening.

Sure enough the sound of gunshots grew closer.

This guy was just waltzing through town picking off infected with a longhorn without much care for aggro or the attention from players he might draw.

First he ran past the door I was covering, and moments later came towards the warehouse.

Before he even came through the door, I was informing him over direct that he was not alone and that he should not try to engage us.

He screamed flailing through the warehouse trailing an infected saying something like, "I don't want to die! or "I'm going to die!!".

As fast as he came in, he was then gone.

ColdAtrophy watched him run away from our locale and we set off in the other direction.

Soon he had a message from S3V3N and we found we were not too terribly far from the camp.

After a good hike we finally arrived to find a nice little set up and some good supplies for the long term survivalist.

Upon reading the shopping list ColdAtrophy remember where he saw a Jerry can to contribute.

We stuffed ourselves with just enough tomatoes and zucchini to make room for that Jerry can and top us off well after our hike.

We tried emptying the Jerry Can but it didn't seem to work....

We may try to get a vehicle going tomorrow and will keep an eye out for the things you can use and also possibly add another tent if we can manage it.

e5qmX71.jpg

OX5MvdL.jpg

63gqCmU.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

Long story, but I had a good run with starvingart yesterday.

We met on Riddler's teamspeak and met up in Stary Sobor where he was trying to elude a dozen nearby zeds and put together a car at the same time.

He had all of the stuff to get a sedan running but every time he got the car started the zeds aggro'd and flipped the thing over  :o  

After a few tries we couldn't flip it back over and while standing there starving art saw a guy crouching and aiming down on us,

he didn't fire but he sure didn't say anything either so we made a tactical withdrawal (bolted)

with a tire and few other car parts and searched a few towns for another car, unfortunately, with no luck.

I logged back in today and Mean Gun Morris messaged me and I told him my plan to get that sedan in Stary Sobor running,

he was in Stary Yar and began making his way down south to meet up.

I managed to creep around the zeds and get the sedan running, but as soon as the car started the zed aggro immediately flipped it right back over  :rolleyes:

With Morris still on his way, we decided to meet up and try to get another car running, if we could find one.

And so on my way north to meet him, out in the middle of nowhere in a field was a beautiful Lada Niva with 4 wheels on it  :D

The ruined battery and spark plug made no difference because I was carrying the stuff from the sedan.

I fired it up and Morris was close enough to hear it start, he jumped in and we made our way up north,

It was fast and bumpy ride and so being an offroad vehicle we decided to go offroad, where this happened 

8d41rJK.jpg

I park the car on a pile of rocks in a river bed. 

So, we decided to store all of the parts and went looking for barrels and ended up just going to Novaya Petrovka for some tents to store the tires.

And we set up a nice camp, lugged each tire to our hidden camp and finally got all of the parts to a safe place

and the we waited for the server to restart and (hopefully) adjust the stuck Lada so we could drive it again.

Aaaand we waited and waited and waited... a total of about 3 minutes ... and the server restarted  :lol:

So we lugged each tire all the way back to the Lada  :rolleyes: and got her running again.

We took it up to Belaya Polana to grab a mil tent I had pitched and a Winchester for which I finally found .308 ammo

Where this happened

NlsB4ff.jpg

I try to jump another river bed and Morris has a memory error crash, which somehow kills him in the passenger seat and leaves his body floating in the road  :lol:

He gets a Svetlo spawn and manages to retrieve most of his stuff, and we regroup here at the northeastern summer camp.

LG99Aox.jpg

Image also shows a weird visual artifact on Morris's press vest, I've never noticed it before and I saw it several times on him over the course of the night.

I made the long drive back to camp without jumping any more riverbeds and without killing Morris again.

I wish I had a screenshot of the camp, but Morris took some and I hope he posts them,

it looks pretty good with the Lada parked in the Car Tent.

tl;dr: Thanks to starvingart for setting the whole thing in motion, I had a great time with Mean Gun Morris and that car

ps;  Morris couldn't connect to Riddler's teamspeak after a few attempts, even though it was up and running perfectly, and so we used another.  

• Like 7

Had myself an adventure today/ tonight with the one and only Gary Walnuts (stunt driver from way back ;) ), what a blast, Cheers Gary.

A few things that happened:

Memory leaks for dayz on my behalf, probably over 10. Killed me while in the passenger of the offroad at one point. (Had to keep flushing the system to keep from getting the memory msg/ crash)

Getting kicked for battleye not responding caused my magazine for my gun to disappear from my inventory whilst trying to attach it (this has happened on a few occasions now).

Cooking pot getting stuck in my hands only whilst drinking from it (throwing it fixed the problem).

I had a weird shape form from my press vest which Gary has screenshots of.

Gary and I somehow managed to glitch one of the offroad wheels which caused the Lada to scream its tits off while driving and controlled a little bit different, I seen a wheel missing whilst Gary seen a different wheel missing.

Definitely safer to double click items for weapons rather then dragging them to inventory and then trying to attach them. (using the new ui).

Items still sunk into the floor in the apartments.

Desync is still there from the passenger side of cars.

Honorable mentions:

We managed to fit the spare wheel in its spot on the offroad

ZMz24PW.jpg

Gary managed to balance an offroad and get it stuck on some rocks :D  (sorry no pics) 

After we managed to get the car stuck, we decide to go get some tents to stash all the car parts so we have everything ready to go. We start running back and forth with parts and Gary says to me 'you know the server will probably restart as soon as we finish doing this', he fucking called it. Almost as soon as we finished the server went down, damn you Dayz  :D  :D  :D.

Performance was great no real dips in frames beside the usual big cities.

0lVwt4D.jpg

• Like 6

This has been an ongoing thing between Biohaze and I for awhile. If we are playing together and we split up at all, I get fired upon. He gets hugs, food, and invited to a post-apocalyptic emotional support group.

This actually made me LOL...

• Like 3

Found a pistol suppressor in a barn top floor north east border of cherno when playing with Dudestar100 and Tatanko the other day.

Yeah the new symbols dont work just gotta wing it, easy fix, use the old ui until they sort it i guess. 

Cant help you with your other questions though.

hey,

thanks mean guy morris and barnabas for your replies.

interesting that you guys found pistol supressors in a police car, i really checked 20 of them without luck. it sucks really much that you easily find supressors for ak but so hard for pistols :(

@mean guy morris: the barn where you found your pisol supressor, was it the 3 story barn? as in this picture? or a different type?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/GTbXkwSEJbo/maxresdefault.jpg

thanks,

j.

I had suggested to ColdAtrophy that we try to find S3V3N's camp 

We tried emptying the Jerry Can but it didn't seem to work....

We may try to get a vehicle going tomorrow and will keep an eye out for the things you can use and also possibly add another tent if we can manage it.

That's awesome! Maybe it can become a regular meeting place for some people. I'd really like that, though it isn't really in an area you'd travel much, normally.

True about the jerry can - the same thing happens when you empty a pot - or try to. It doesn't work, but you can pour one pot into the other. There was petrol in the all the pots I found. I couldn't add water to them. I'll check it out today and make it an even bigger place. I'm gonna make a library tent and a medical tent. I can recommend reading "The Variable Man", it's a cool story and not too long. So if you come to the camp and have nothing to do - read a book, harrr ;) I wish the interactive radios where in game, already. We need more reasons for people to wait for others around the camp. I need to scout the area for game and cattle, so hunting could become an option there.

This was never really planned, I just happened to come across a few barrels on that day and decided I wasn't gonna start hoarding stuff for myself again. Well - now I'm hoarding for others, too. I have a small secret stash and just supplying the camp with stuff got me decently equipped there, too. I like running supplies for the camp to return with something for myself as well as for others. 

• Like 6

I envy you guys so much. You all play when it's 3AM or later. Playing with experimental crew is awesome. Is that camp on 1pp or 3pp?

• Like 1

What no 1pp servers for today's new build :( .

I'm confused about that too. Maybe they didn't update? All the other servers have the new version. I'm just gonna jump on 3p to check if there was a persistence wipe. 

That's awesome! Maybe it can become a regular meeting place for some people.

It definitely should be. We love our big camps, but they have to be really out of the way to ensure them any kind of safety. This smaller one is much more convenient, and is secure in the sense that you keep it simple and could rebuild it at a moment's notice if need be.It has also lead to meeting some friendly strangers, and certainly seems to be having a positive impact on community-building :)

• Like 1

I'm confused about that too. Maybe they didn't update? All the other servers have the new version. I'm just gonna jump on 3p to check if there was a persistence wipe. 

That seems to be exactly what happened. Yesterday's build is still on about half of the Experimental servers, which you can't access once your client is up-to-date.

EDIT:

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

Just wondering about the new update for today... I'm still on 651, servers on 657. I've downgraded to stable fully (as in, download complete, hopped in and joined a server) and switched back to EXP, and still no luck.

Have they put out another small patch that's not been pushed to client yet, or is there something up with my steam?

EDIT: Well, all of the UK servers are full, so I know that the patch has been pushed... I just don't have it. :S

Edited by lsaaq

Not me, killed twice KOS and I killed a guy acting suspicious.  Met only one friendly.

Edited by Barnabus

That seems to be exactly what happened. Yesterday's build is still on about half of the Experimental servers, which you can't access once your client is up-to-date.

EDIT:

argh.  Dammit.  I was working on getting a Lada 4x4 up and running, all I need was one freaking tire on Aus 0-2 (which was NOT running in 1pp btw) and it's not up.  Had a nice barrel stash near the coast there too.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

EDIT:

Does that mean they are specifically watching  3rd person servers and 1p will stay offline? I wouldn't see the point in that, since all servers will be full anyway. I'm just wondering, if and when they're back. It's camp-time ;) can't close down for the weekend!

I jumped on a 3rd person and my tent was still there, but the barrel was gone. Probably got found, but the tent still being there means no wipe to me. Can we have an estimate please on when 1p servers are back online?

Also, Tatanko did you post the hiking trails map from the game files a while ago? I can't find the page, but someone asked for the map here, so it would be nice to see a repost. Generally speaking though: when you walk through a forest and there is a nature trail without foliage that is the hiking route. There are also articles about that on steam, but the image of the map is nicer.    

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Not me, killed twice KOS and I killed a guy acting suspicious.  Met only one friendly.

Damn, I guess I've been really lucky then (or unlucky, depending on how you want to play). Met maybe 25 people this exp, was attacked once in Berezino (killed that guy) and witnessed some guy attack someone else in Balota. Stunned and handcuffed the attacker, guy who was shot (he went unconscious) survived and they ended up chilling out and not killing each other. Literally all the fights I've been involved with in this patch. Every single other encounter has been either really friendly or just... creepy, but nothing came of it.

Edited by lsaaq
  • Like 4

Does that mean they are specifically watching  3rd person servers and 1p will stay offline? I wouldn't see the point in that, since all servers will be full anyway. 

It seems odd but maybe they are looking to compare the 1PP 59.130651 data and the 3PP .59.130657 data?

I can't imagine why else they would delay releasing the 1PP unless they wanted to keep that data unaltered ... for science.

I jumped on a 3rd person and my tent was still there, but the barrel was gone. Probably got found, but the tent still being there means no wipe to me.

Our camp was still there this morning on 3PP, everything seemed untouched.

• Like 2