boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Just to confirm, this is the issue you're having?

Before I'd fixed the issue, I had found that there was a lingering process from BattlEye called "BEService.exe" still running after failed attempts to launch the game.

Knowing this, the next thing I'd try is restarting my computer to get rid of any lingering processes from failed launches. I'd then retry deleting the folders + verifying.

I hope this works for you.

If it doesn't please email BattlEye support. 

No for me its a bit different it doesent say failed to start battleeye service.

The battleeye window pops up after i start the game and sometimes it hangs at the starting battleeye service.

And sometime the windows close but the game wont start.

But it says dayz is running and the dayz exe and dayz_be.exe are running when i look in the task manager

and it is not possible to end the process for dayz.exe.

Edit: Tried it another time after a reboot delete everything and then verifying but still no luck

Edited by xCrankx

No for me its a bit different it doesent say failed to start battleeye service.

The battleeye window pops up after i start the game and sometimes it hangs at the starting battleeye service.

And sometime the windows close but the game wont start.

But it says dayz is running and the dayz exe and dayz_be.exe are running when i look in the task manager

and it is not possible to end the process for dayz.exe.

Then I really have no idea, sorry. 

Your best bet is to email BattlEye support at support@battleye.com.

If anyone finds any solutions or gets support to this issue or any other mentioned issues, could you please post the fix here so others can find it. Thanks  :)

Edited by LucidHills

I just had a 6.6 MB update.

I wanted to add some things:

- fish don't give bones any more. 

- the combat knife does not appear in hands, but works on trees; it doesn't work to attack/slice 

- somehow I could dig up worms without a shovel near water; gonna have to try again

Edited by S3V3N

I just had a 6.6 MB update.

Strange. I haven't gotten the update.

I can still get into the game too.

I thought updates were global?

Strange. I haven't gotten the update.

I can still get into the game too.

I thought updates were global?

I am not sure if it was an older update and you maybe already got it, haven't had steam open for a couple of days.

I now get a Battleye failure so maybe it was a BE update. Need to investigate further. Something seems off at my end, had a problem with a different steam game about a week ago too.

• Like 1

I am not sure if it was an older update and you maybe already got it, haven't had steam open for a couple of days.

I now get a Battleye failure so maybe it was a BE update. Need to investigate further. Something seems off at my end, had a problem with a different steam game about a week ago too.

Yeah ok, that makes sense.

A lot of people have been having problems with the BattlEye launcher this update. 

I posted a solution a few posts back. It didn't work for everyone though.

Yeah ok, that makes sense.

A lot of people have been having problems with the BattlEye launcher this update. 

I posted a solution a few posts back. It didn't work for everyone though.

A second restart solved BE issue, game working.

• Like 1

Thanks LucidHills. A man from BE (main dev ?..) is with me now on teamviewer. Tell you later what the problem, if he find something.

• Like 4

So I emailed BattlEye about my possible fix and they said:

"Yes, your issue was likely related to some other software on your system. Most people are experiencing something else though".

I guess that's why my fix wasn't working for most of you.

I also asked that if they have any other solutions/information on the issue, if they could get a rep to make a post in this thread. 

Not sure if they will though. I imagine once they've found a fix it'll just come as a small game update.

• Like 3

Yes I think so. The man is workin on it... Hope he will find the soft or service that cause this. Apparently, Avast could be the problem

• Like 1

Yes I think so. The man is workin on it... Hope he will find the soft or service that cause this. Apparently, Avast could be the problem

Ok i use Avast too so that could be right.

- fish don't give bones any more. 

- somehow I could dig up worms without a shovel near water; gonna have to try again

Fish have only given meat and guts for quite a long time as far as I know. Then again, few people bother with them since the meat was unable to be cooked for like a year or more  :|

As for digging up worms: were you using a knife of some sort? You've been able to dig up worms using a knife since 0.57.

It's great to hear that BE is being proactive about the recent bugs and on a weekend.

Beans for them.

:thumbsup: :beans:

• Like 6

FYI, a fix for the launching issues has been found and will be released ASAP, hopefully this weekend.

• Like 9

Thanks to BE for helping me this afternoon and so, helping the community, a Saturday ! Let buy him a Rasputjin Beer for his work and his kindness. Thanks B.

• Like 4

Fish have only given meat and guts for quite a long time as far as I know. Then again, few people bother with them since the meat was unable to be cooked for like a year or more  :|

As for digging up worms: were you using a knife of some sort? You've been able to dig up worms using a knife since 0.57.

Yeah, it's possible I was carrying the combat knife at that time. Since it's invisible in 0.59, I'm not sure. I didn't know that about worms before. I made so many garden patches ^^

What I always forget to ask: Did someone fix up a V3S in the update? Do they behave as badly as the cars now, too? Because I remember the V3S sliding all over the place in the first update. Vehicle collisions are really not working. They bounce around and destroy the inventory and ultimately the car. It's too much hassle fixing a car up when chances are you'll lose it again a couple of minutes later.

• Like 2

I've decided to stay away from any hills while in vehicles, offroad handles horribly and the sedan will slide at the smallest hint of decline.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's possible I was carrying the combat knife at that time. Since it's invisible in 0.59, I'm not sure. I didn't know that about worms before. I made so many garden patches ^^

What I always forget to ask: Did someone fix up a V3S in the update? Do they behave as badly as the cars now, too? Because I remember the V3S sliding all over the place in the first update. Vehicle collisions are really not working. They bounce around and destroy the inventory and ultimately the car. It's too much hassle fixing a car up when chances are you'll lose it again a couple of minutes later.

found and repaired all vehicles for the lols of the first iteration and to be honest the v3s is the worst out of the lot.

It just has no balls... top gear... flattest road... its just gutless and don't try climb a hill with out stopping and making shaw your starting in first gear.

climbed the hill in svetlo (near the train tracks/station) doing that with 0 run up worked.

It will change tho... since the v3s was released i dunno how many patches ive played and felt slight changes,.

overall its an excellent first iteration of the vehicles. Its nice not to die when it touches u.

i will say 4th gear in the sedan on the airfield and a hard turn is fun.... wtb passenger dysnc fix asap! 

• Like 5

So I just had my sedan vanish on me. It was parked, undrivable due to a ruined spark plug, in the woods about 200 meters near a heli spawn. After an hour of running around I get back to the spot find that an American chopper had appeared and my car disappeared.

Do you guys think that the spawning of the chopper had anything to do with the sedan's disappearance?

So I just had my sedan vanish on me. It was parked, undrivable due to a ruined spark plug, in the woods about 200 meters near a heli spawn. After an hour of running around I get back to the spot find that an American chopper had appeared and my car disappeared.

Do you guys think that the spawning of the chopper had anything to do with the sedan's disappearance?

It transformed!  :P

I think people complained about their camp/barrels disappearing when a chopper spawn was nearby. I don't know if that issue was resolved completely, but it definitely sounds related. That's a pretty crazy thing to happen. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

So today. Started the game. Hotbar still wonky. It seems like my Magnum doesn't want to work in the first slot. My axe though in second slot is passable. I play for awhile until looting a house I try to close a door and nothing happens. That's Ok, cuz in the meantime I've spotted a can of sardines and figure I'll snack until the door closes. I open the sardines and try to 'eat all' and nothing happens. A minute or two later the door closes and a minute after that I eat all the sardines and a minute after that I figure I'll restart the game and see what else happens. I restart and get a Steam upgrade message. I login and get a BE message that I haven't seen before. Something about block files. I don't pretend to know anything about those only that now the game doesn't load. I figure a reboot of the computer is in order and do just that because that is something that I do know about and it works quite often. After reboot BE message seems normal. The game loads and I am standing in front of the door that wouldn't close. And my hotbar works smooth as butter. This is great I think. Frames are good too. This is the way the game should be I think to myself until a minute later the game crashes. I've never had this before with DayZ and I am concerned that something is seriously wrong. Anxiously I reload the game and it starts fine, Except that a few seconds in I get the message that "server is starting in 13-14-15...." and at 16 I am the restart game screen. Oh well I think, that's just my bad luck for logging in while the servers are resetting which makes no sense if you think about it. I start again and game is just fine. I play for another half hour and  I am happy. But I have itchy wounds that are getting infected really fast....

The above is meant tongue in cheek and is probably a typical game day experience for a lot of us...

We were using that map as a reference and so far the only car we have seen on that map is the vs3 in karmanovka although the map lists that spot as a hatchback spawn but only the vs3 spawns there so i think the map isn't really that reliable unless some of the locations on that map are correct and some aren't but there's no way to know unless someone puts an X mark over every spot that doesn't have a car spawning there and that would take a long ass time.

The spawn in Karmanovka is a V3S spawn on the map. Or do you mean a different spawn?