boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Jeez they are really stretching this one out huh? Now they are gonna release one vehicle at a time haha ... Well at least my other games just uodated :/ .

Well if it's going to be like that I hope the first one is the hatchback or the sedan. They're what I'm most keen on.

I also wonder were they'll spawn? or if they'll just use the V3S spawn points?

My experience with the return of the infected. I walked every town from Solnichniy to Chernogorsk before I found some infected in Cherno. The first one I encountered I literally walked up within a foot of and talk to for 5 minutes and he didn't attack. He wasn't stuck either as we danced together around the street, I finally had to touch him before he decide I was annoying and attacked me. That said I never sprinted just walked away and he gave chase, if his slow pace could be considered chase. This did attract other infected and before long I had four following me around. They got stuck on an invisible texture in the middle of what appeared to be a clear wide path in front of the crashed plane. So I turned around to see why my infected entourage had stopped to only have them teleported passed their "block" and right on top of me. Needless-to-say I was injured but a friendly well geared individual provided rags freely and drew the infected away. After I bandaged myself, I re-engaged the infected who once again started following me. The friendly who provided me the rags must have thought I was still in danger and took it upon himself to rescue me by shooting my predators. The guns shots drew what must have been every infected in the town, only about eight total including my original group. This by no means was too many for my lone hero to overcome without what appeared to be any effort.

To be honest, I defend DayZ and defend, but for what seemed like 5 months without infected this reintroduction is not what I expected. Where are the hordes, the crawlers, the roamers? With the end of 2015 drawing near I feel that DayZ is further away from the post-apocalyptic infected survival game I thought it was supposed to be then ever.

Edited by trujuice

Jeez they are really stretching this one out huh? Now they are gonna release one vehicle at a time haha ... Well at least my other games just uodated :/ .

For the moment, I'd be happy with one vehicle. Especially, if it's the Lada 4x4. Is that a four or two seater? I'm not sure. Also, will manual transmission be part of the vehicle update? It sounds like they have been spending a lot of effort on improving the vehicle code, so I hope this will turn out awesome. I'd also like to see the fishing rod and recurve bow in the update. I can picture chaotic fishing tours with the 4x4 on a 75 people experimental server. Things will go catastrophically wrong - that's the best gameplay. Bring along the update and we'll make it work.   

• Like 1

Tried the new UI last night but unfortunately only got the sky blue screen that faded to white and back again. I could hear the wind blowing as if I was on the main menu but I never could get it to come up. I didn't have any friends online playing DayZ at the time so I couldn't join directly off them to see if I could go directly into a game but does anybody have any pointers? I'd like to see how much better frame rate is for me on my rig. 

My video card is an Nvidia GTX 680 with slight overclock. I know this game is more CPU heavy than GPU but i'm wondering if my setup has something to do with why I can't see the menu when I launch the game with the new UI? 

Any tips are appreciated! 

Tried the new UI last night but unfortunately only got the sky blue screen that faded to white and back again. I could hear the wind blowing as if I was on the main menu but I never could get it to come up. I didn't have any friends online playing DayZ at the time so I couldn't join directly off them to see if I could go directly into a game but does anybody have any pointers? I'd like to see how much better frame rate is for me on my rig. 

My video card is an Nvidia GTX 680 with slight overclock. I know this game is more CPU heavy than GPU but i'm wondering if my setup has something to do with why I can't see the menu when I launch the game with the new UI? 

This might be an obvious/stupid tip but did you try to reboot and open dayz again? I played with the newui for some time and sometimes dayz just acts really strange and without any change it decides to work again.

My experience with the return of the infected. I walked every town from Solnichniy to Chernogorsk before I found some infected in Cherno. The first one I encountered I literally walked up within a foot of and talk to for 5 minutes and he didn't attack. He wasn't stuck either as we danced together around the street, I finally had to touch him before he decide I was annoying and attacked me. That said I never sprinted just walked away and he gave chase, if his slow pace could be considered chase. This did attract other infected and before long I had four following me around. They got stuck on an invisible texture in the middle of what appeared to be a clear wide path in front of the crashed plane. So I turned around to see why my infected entourage had stopped to only have them teleported passed their "block" and right on top of me. Needless-to-say I was injured but a friendly well geared individual provided rags freely and drew the infected away. After I bandaged myself, I re-engaged the infected who once again started following me. The friendly who provided me the rags must have thought I was still in danger and took it upon himself to rescue me by shooting my predators. The guns shots drew what must have been every infected in the town, only about eight total including my original group. This by no means was too many for my lone hero to overcome without what appeared to be any effort.

To be honest, I defend DayZ and defend, but for what seemed like 5 months without infected this reintroduction is not what I expected. Where are the hordes, the crawlers, the roamers? With the end of 2015 drawing near I feel that DayZ is further away from the post-apocalyptic infected survival game I thought it was supposed to be then ever.

If they introduced hordes of the infected before they have been optimized then the servers would more than likely come to a crawl as there are still performance issues with the infected. I'd rather them do it the way they're doing it so that when the infected are released in the thousands then they (the infected) won't have a huge impact on server performance.

Nothing in this implies the release of just one vehicle.

"Vehicle one" almost certainly means "the one with the vehicles" = "the patch with the vehicles", not only one vehicle released...

Reading comprehension, yay!

It could be taken both ways. I like many others took the part where he said "vehicle one" as being one vehicle that's being released as if he had meant all vehicles then I'm sure he would've said vehicles instead of vehicle but that doesn't necessarily mean that you and anyone else who took it as all vehicles is wrong either. We will just have to wait and see.

When they say "Might not be today" what does that mean?

Servers wont be back today?

More than likely no. It sounds like it's going to be a nearly all day if not all day update to add the one  vehicle or as others hope all of the vehicles in the upcoming update.

Edit: This is a reply to someone indicating it's probably all the vehicles.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 1

It could be taken both ways. I like many others took the part where he said "vehicle one" as being one vehicle that's being released as if he had meant all vehicles then I'm sure he would've said vehicles instead of vehicle but that doesn't necessarily mean that you and anyone else who took it as all vehicles is wrong either. We will just have to wait and see.

Eh, it's really his posting with grammatical order out of place due to English as a 2nd language that's causing some people confusion here.

I want to side with you to some degree but it's pretty obviously not referencing a build with just a single vehicle.

Though if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time....

Eh, it's really his posting with grammatical order out of place due to English as a 2nd language that's causing some people confusion here.

I want to side with you to some degree but it's pretty obviously not referencing a build with just a single vehicle.

Though if I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time....

I think you're right and I read it that way the first time, too. I think it's meant in the way of "first" vehicle iteration. Though that is not quite correct, since we've had the V3S. Maybe they changed the system so much (with all the new localised damaged) that it's basically completely new and makes this an update "one". 

About the first quote: "rest of the day" means to me, until the evening. It's not entirely clear when the day ends, but it sounds to me like servers will be up again tonight. Just not necessarily with the vehicle one update. Would be awesome though.  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Excited to try out the two smaller cars tonight, but if I'm being perfectly honest it's the bus I'm waiting for ;)

• Like 4

Excited to try out the two smaller cars tonight, but if I'm being perfectly honest it's the bus I'm waiting for ;)

Right? Maybe some people will accept a friendly bus service. I doubt it though ^^

I'm looking forward to having gears on the cars. Automatic is fine and dandy, but I imagine car chases will be much more interesting with both drivers handling manual shifting. So that's one thing I'm looking forward to, not entirely sure if it'll be in the update. But that's exciting! I had that feeling something was gonna happen with DayZ since yesterday and the devs are doing it! I can tell the servers will be mad full when the news spread. Hope to see some of you online. Don't shoot everything you see - you might need help rebuilding a vehicle ;)

What we really need though. Really, really need - are horns. So we can honk when we're horny, err lonely. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 4

Don't shoot everything you see - you might need help rebuilding a vehicle ;)

I'm going in expecting the worst. When new and exciting content is added like this, there are always waves of people who wouldn't otherwise play Experimental. Those folks don't have the same reverence for the testing process as people like us (meaning those of us who frequent this section of the forums). As such, I expect them to make my experience difficult. That's fine, I accept the challenge :)

• Like 7

Any tips are appreciated! . I

When the -newui was first released, I used to get the blue sky. I think that was probably with a GTX470. Months later I tried -newui again and the game would constantly crash. I can't remember which GPU I was using at the time. I'm currently using a GTX780 and -newui works well for me and it even provides a 5-15fps performance boost.

Sorry, I don't have any tips. It just works now, whereas it didn't before. It's still a work in progress, so I wouldn't be surprised if it stopped working again, between now and when it is finished. Honestly, I find it rather tedious to use in its current configuration. I understand that it's just a tech demo and that this isn't the final design. I'm sure that the final product will be more user friendly. It wouldn't hurt to submit a bug report to let 'em know that the blue sky is still a thing, with some PCs. If they receive enough bug reports, perhaps they'll more easily be able to spot the culprit that's causing the issue.

• Like 1

Hello I had the same problem 2 days ago, verifying my game cache fixed it for me!

• Like 1

Just played for some minutes after the 4.5mb download. Servers are back to 50 slots. Experienced quite a noticable fps-boost. Everything worked by hitting button once. Like EVERYTHING, interactions, Hotbar, even the damn jumping. By far the best performance I had till now. 

Edited by Haviland
  • Like 3

Looks like persistence has been wiped, but not characters.

I'm stuck wearing me beige leather suit instead of my sexy brown one!

Spawned with my current character near Chernotown.

Had an infected lolling around outside the building I was in.

Axed him a few times, to which the response was sluggish and he never even seemed try to attack me, or the server load with that many people slowed him, or he actually never aggro'd at all.... :wacko:  Alpha is.

Ran Northish following closely the fence lines and then the treelines.

Ran smack into a lady infected in the woods who seemed to take quite a while to recognize me and I do believe she aggro'd in this case but outrunning her was merely a case of running through the next clearing and into a line of trees.

I did have instances where I was confident the hotbar did not respond.

Most other actions seemed quite smooth.

I'm playing on a brand new rig, so I'm currently just grasping a baseline for performance and can't speak to performance improvements just yet.

If this little update has vehicles, this guy found a battery.

Ed81jFT.jpg

• Like 1

Spawned with my current character near Chernotown.

Had an infected lolling around outside the building I was in.

Axed him a few times, to which the response was sluggish and he never even seemed try to attack me, or the server load with that many people slowed him, or he actually never aggro'd at all.... :wacko:  Alpha is.

Ran Northish following closely the fence lines and then the treelines.

Ran smack into a lady infected in the woods who seemed to take quite a while to recognize me and I do believe she aggro'd in this case but outrunning her was merely a case of running through the next clearing and into a line of trees.

I did have instances where I was confident the hotbar did not respond.

Most other actions seemed quite smooth.

I'm playing on a brand new rig, so I'm currently just grasping a baseline for performance and can't speak to performance improvements just yet.

If this little update has vehicles, this guy found a battery.

I found a headlight.

Vehicles are in, except for the bus. Are you on 1pp? We should get a bunch of teh exp regs together and get us a sedan or a jeep!

• Like 4

On UK05 I found a V3S in the northern spawn at the sawmill in Karmanovka. It had zero wheels, so a lot of work for whoever wants to drive that one! I noticed that the car parts are now shown in the inventory too, so the doors and hood show up there. I don't know if eventually the trailers will as well. I should have really taken some screenshots... I didn't see any of the new cars, but I found a couple of wheels most of them sedan. Unfortunately I tried looting one of those "dead/frozen" characters for a pack of rice and the game crashed. Couldn't rejoin since. Pity, I would love to find out more. Keep us posted! I'd like to know if anyone finds other new stuff like the bow or fishing stuff, too. 

Oh I found a spark plug and tire repair kit and my friend found a car battery. So the stuff definitely still spawns, now who's first to find a car :)

Edited by S3V3N