boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Still no reply on where the UK-servers have gone? I'm puzzled. Am I the only one with this problems or are half the servers/all UK servers missing? I'm confused, because nobody else wrote about it and I find no info about them being taken down, either. Anyone know, if UK servers are temporarily offline? And perhaps when they will be back?!

Possibly a regional outage with the GSP's in the UK? I wish I could check my server browser for you, but i'm not on my home rig at the moment. 

• Like 1

Is there a way to get into THE TEST 1 server does anybody know only 3 servers showing for me at the minute and there all 1st person only apart from THE TEST 1

Possibly a regional outage with the GSP's in the UK? I wish I could check my server browser for you, but i'm not on my home rig at the moment. 

I don't know what German Shorthaired Pointers have to do with running a server, but so far it's the most plausible explanation. The UK servers have been down for me all day. I see the other experimental servers though. 

• Like 2

Still no reply on where the UK-servers have gone? I'm puzzled. Am I the only one with this problems or are half the servers/all UK servers missing? I'm confused, because nobody else wrote about it and I find no info about them being taken down, either. Anyone know, if UK servers are temporarily offline? And perhaps when they will be back?!

I'm the same mate I'm trying out the new ui for the 1st time wondered if that had anything to do with it

I just see DE2. The UK servers are not showing up.

Is there a way to get into THE TEST 1 server does anybody know only 3 servers showing for me at the minute and there all 1st person only apart from THE TEST 1

Everybody do the bug squashing dance!

Let's hope this means PATCH TIEM.

Everybody do the bug squashing dance!

Let's hope this means PATCH TIEM.

I see the GD 02 (game developers?) server and Test 01 both run version ...*.414, whereas we run ...*.287. That's quite a few versions ahead of us, so most likely one with vehicles, perhaps even the chopper? This still doesn't explain why all the UK servers are just down all day. I'd really dig an update tonight, or at least that those servers become available again.  

• Like 1

speaking of ammo scarcity, I have a couple of stacks of .308 ammo and don't need nearly that much (just hunting deer).  msg if you want some.  I'm in the gorka area.

I don't know what German Shorthaired Pointers have to do with running a server, but so far it's the most plausible explanation. The UK servers have been down for me all day. I see the other experimental servers though. 

OHHHHH! I see what you did there!!! LOL! Good One!! I really did laugh out loud when I saw your post :) 

23072245916_f4bbf7eeb4.jpg

• Like 1

I wish people would stop referring to them as hackers because they're not hackers. They're just a bunch of lame script kiddies who pay websites to use the scripts(hacks) they made in order to do the things they can do. I highly doubt any of the so called "hackers" can actually hack their way out of a paper bag much less into other computers.

That's true. However, has nobody considered that it might also be a problem with the new radios causing this? It might be some people are just randomly heard everywhere when they use their radio. I only used the radio once so far and it actually was fun and worked well. I'm just saying this might as well be some starting problems with the radios rather than hacking/scripting. 

Also - all day long I got no info about where the Uk servers went. I hope they'll be back online tomorrow. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Not sure if this is a bug or my own mess ups going unnoticed but I seem to be losing the gun off my back sometimes when double carrying. I've lost two or three guns this way.

I think this is what's happening.

When I hotbar select the gun on my back (gun #1) while holding another gun in my hands (gun #2), the gun in my hands (gun #2) falls on the ground. Later, when I put the gun I'm now holding (gun #1) on my back, it's the gun I was double carrying earlier (gun #2) which is put on my back, despawning gun #1.

I have not tried to recreate this yet to confirm it. Sadly, I don't have time to. I need to study for an exam tomorrow.

Maybe it's something someone with more free time could test.

EDIT: I popped on real quick and my theory is wrong. You don't drop the gun you're holding when you hotbar select the gun on your back. They switch.

Though with this it must mean it's a bug somewhere as I wouldn't have deliberately dropped one. I'll just have to keep an eye out for what exactly is happening so I can recreate it and report it. 

Edited by LucidHills

Also, has anyone been able to find a hunting scope this build?

I spent about 4 hours looking for one last night to no avail.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a bug or my own mess ups going unnoticed but I seem to be losing the gun off my back sometimes when double carrying. I've lost two or three guns this way.

I think this is what's happening.

When I hotbar select the gun on my back (gun #1) while holding another gun in my hands (gun #2), the gun in my hands (gun #2) falls on the ground. Later, when I put the gun I'm now holding (gun #1) on my back, it's the gun I was double carrying earlier (gun #2) which is put on my back, despawning gun #1.

I have not tried to recreate this yet to confirm it. Sadly, I don't have time to. I need to study for an exam tomorrow.

Maybe it's something someone with more free time could test.

Haven't done any double carrying in .59 yet, but is it not the same method as .58 where you have to drag the gun in your hands to the one on your shoulder to swap without dropping one?

Haven't done any double carrying in .59 yet, but is it not the same method as .58 where you have to drag the gun in your hands to the one on your shoulder to swap without dropping one?

Yeah. I'm not saying the dropping bit is a bug, but when you put the gun on your back, it's the wrong one and leaves your hands empty. Despawning the one you were just holding.

But this is just a theory. It could just as likely be human error on my part or something. I need to recreate it so I know I'm not just going crazy.

EDIT: logged on quickly and found out I was wrong about how switching between double carried guns work. Read my earlier post for more details. 

Edited by LucidHills

Yeah. I'm not saying the dropping bit is a bug, but when you put the gun on your back, it's the wrong one and leaves your hands empty. Despawning the one you were just holding.

But this is just a theory. It could just as likely be human error on my part or something. I need to recreate it so I know I'm not just going crazy.

EDIT: logged on quickly and found out I was wrong about how switching between double carried guns work. Read my earlier post for more details. 

Are you using the new ui or the old one? I've noticed with the new one the guns will switch places when selecting the gun on your back but in the old one I believe the gun that you were carrying in your hands gets dropped so that you can equip the one on your back. I could be wrong about that and will verify it tomorrow though.

Are you using the new ui or the old one? I've noticed with the new one the guns will switch places when selecting the gun on your back but in the old one I believe the gun that you were carrying in your hands gets dropped so that you can equip the one on your back. I could be wrong about that and will verify it tomorrow though.

Old UI. The gun in your hand and on your back switch when you hotbar select the one on your back.

Hadn't tried the -newui for some patches but, wow, you guys were right. Performance boost is wonderful.

• Like 2

Hi people just a quick one im using the new ui and i cant seem to find an exp server to play on, i have tried to find them with out the new ui still no sucess. Are the EXP servers down? where can i find out a link that says they are down or up? Many Thanks. 

Hi people just a quick one im using the new ui and i cant seem to find an exp server to play on, i have tried to find them with out the new ui still no sucess. Are the EXP servers down? where can i find out a link that says they are down or up? Many Thanks. 

Yeah, they have been down a couple of hours. I hope they'll be back with an update (this time). :)

With any luck this will fix the coin toss playability I've been facing . 
Only being able to play 59 randomly without crippling lag is really counter productive to my addiction . 

Edited by J0nathan
  • Like 1