boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Design change and not a bug apparently

https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=28401

What's the point of the clip then? I can carry more ammo stacked and it feeds them into the rifle just as fast.

Has anyone been able to access wardrobes? I can see the inventory, but I can't put anything in there.  

Edited by S3V3N

I see you are not gun nut like some of us. In reality clip doesnt go in rifle (except in M1 Garand, but that clip looks different). Clip is used to hold rounds together and to faster and easier push them in rifle magazine. And that is now corectly done. Before was inaccurate. Clips are usualy disposable, but in dayz they are worth gold.

I see, thanks for the info. However that's not what's happening ingame. The character chambers them one by one, instead of just putting in the 5-clip. 

Clips & snap loaders allow for the reload function.

I like to carry a few at least.

I tried pressing "r" to reload with the clip but nothing happened. It only worked when I dragged it onto the Mosin and it gave only the option "chamber bullet", which resulted in all 5 bullets getting loaded after each other. 

Edited by S3V3N

I see, thanks for the info. However that's not what's happening ingame. The character chambers them one by one, instead of just putting in the 5-clip. 

I tried pressing "r" to reload with the clip but nothing happened. It only worked when I dragged it onto the Mosin and it gave only the option "chamber bullet", which resulted in all 5 bullets getting loaded after each other. 

I guess they didnt make animations for that yet. Like when you load loose rounds in SKS but there is stripper clip animation.

Finally got some time in yesterday, on launch the exp servers were PACKED. Lost patience and started up GTAV :D

Spawned North side of Svetlojarsk, inside the city, a first for me. Found plenty of items all over the map, tried on the new "sweater" in white and red, looked pretty butch in both if I might say. Got to Turovo, found the camo building on the North side of town is gone, replaced by some ruins. Is that new?

Found zero zombies, zero players, zero bullets and clips, but plenty of handguns (carrying Makarov, 1911 and CR75 in my backpack) and was double carrying the whole time, Blaze and repeater (lost that dropping it on the ground) and MP-133 (lost it too, right before logging), but found plenty more, both rifles and handguns. Always on near-full or full (50pax) servers.

The good:

- It may be just my impression, but it think I saw some FPS improvement. Only went into big cities (Svet) during the night tough.

- New enterable buildings.

- Quick slots opening up with expanded clothing, like that. Makes sense to have you quick slots depending on the type of clothing you have on.

- "Sprained ankle" status. Got that after logging out on a 1st floor. When logging in was on the ground floor, with busted feet. New feature discovered through bug?

The bad:

- Some parts were unresponsive: opening doors, picking up stuff, vaulting, vaulting and vaulting. Oh and vaulting.
- Still prones after vaulting over fence. Thought that was over.

- Also goes prone when drinking from canteen. Well thats new...
- Still drop to ground floor when relloging (see above), luckily this was in a building with enterable ground floor. Thought that was over.

Missed playing Dayz, looking forward to more hours of discovery!

• Like 2

I'm having trouble with radio comms. When the radio is turned on, all I can ever hear is pieces of words that gets cut off. For example: I'm running in Berezino with my radio set in the default channel. Every 5-10 minutes I might get a "Hello, I...", "Wha...", and stuff like that, but I've yet to hear a full sentence. Any idea what might cause this?

I'm having trouble with radio comms. When the radio is turned on, all I can ever hear is pieces of words that gets cut off. For example: I'm running in Berezino with my radio set in the default channel. Every 5-10 minutes I might get a "Hello, I...", "Wha...", and stuff like that, but I've yet to hear a full sentence. Any idea what might cause this?

It simulates the radio breaking up over distance. The further away you are from the sender the less of the message you will see....not sure of the range. Are the radios supposed to be global atm?

• Like 2

Are the radios supposed to be global atm?

Yes, they are indeed. I got some messages like "Can anybody hear me? Hello?", but it seemed that other people couldn't hear me, I never got a response.

It simulates the radio breaking up over distance. The further away you are from the sender the less of the message you will see....not sure of the range. Are the radios supposed to be global atm?

idk man, from what i remember they should be global for 0.59 for sure, but i can't hear anything. somethings off.

If anybody is having trouble with CONSTANT FREEZING to the point of having zero fps in towns for minutes straight like I did (and you have a friend in the same city without these problems) it could be your config file . after this update , myconfig file was set all wonky causing my game to be very weird , I deleted the config file and jumped in game again , It created a new config file on startup and now I don't get the freezes as constant and a solid 20-30 fps like before . Try it and see if it helps !

• Like 5

What's the point of the clip then? I can carry more ammo stacked and it feeds them into the rifle just as fast.

Has anyone been able to access wardrobes? I can see the inventory, but I can't put anything in there.  

You have the ability to reload using "R" when you have them in the clip.  Thats the only benefit I can see.  Considering you can reload by having your ammo in your hotbar, I dont think there is much benefit.  Perhaps in future it will be faster to load using the clip than ammo in your hotbar?

• Like 2

aww man.

Just met a player, then the server had no message, rejoined, the other guy did it a little quicker, waited for me to spawn, gave me a headshot.

I didn't even spawn yet, was looking forward to playing with some random dude. Hurr durr testing purposes and everybody is just KOS'ing.

I didn't even have equipment, lol, no ammo.

Finally that silo building is enterable.....it has been a wish of mine for ages.

I've been waiting since Day 1 for the yellow church to be enterable, so we both got our wish this time around :)

Yesterday I didn't find a fishing hook so I couldn't test the cooking (on a barrel).

Wanted to test it with meat because I want to know if the bug is gone as well.

Well, stupid me, I killed that boar earlier in the evening and didn't save the meat  :| I also didn't save the bones, which I later found out may be useful for something new...

(Hey Dudester, guess what I did keep from the boar? THE LARD! :lol:)

I'm actually really glad it pushed me to buy components though.

We're all glad for you, buddy ;)

Our good friends over at reedit have this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/3r8azz/exp_update_059_november_2nd_discussion/

Go check it out !

Alternatively: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.59.130179_.282_Nov_2015.29

I might be a little biased, though :P I certainly owe it to the folks on Reddit for helping me keep things up to date as much as I can.

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take for the second iteration of this patch to take place?

We usually get 1 or 2 a week for the duration of a new version's time spent on Experimental. We may get another this week, but it's a pretty even 50/50. There has to be something new for it to be worth pushing an update, like a major bug being fixed, some new aspect of performance to be tested, major new content (i.e. the new vehicles), etc.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 7

You have the ability to reload using "R" when you have them in the clip.  Thats the only benefit I can see.  Considering you can reload by having your ammo in your hotbar, I dont think there is much benefit.  Perhaps in future it will be faster to load using the clip than ammo in your hotbar?

Not with the Mosin, or maybe only when you have 2 clips? I could not use "r" for it, but I did use it in the past and it worked. But I read on reddit that everything regarding weapon animations/reloading is heavily WIP at this time. It's fine anyway, stuff works in other ways. 

Hey, what's up with the tons of guns you find around military tents and barracks? I found half a dozen rifles in Stary tents and pretty much the same amount in the officers barrack at Vybor base. That's a bit OP to have that many weapons spawn. No magazines though, but I constantly heard shots, so there must have been some guy ahead of me. Also: Stary had zombies, if you are looking for some. 

I just had a thought: 1,8 GB is a massive update. There must be tons of stuff in this build that is not activated yet and waits for the patch(es). I guess we'll see a couple of update patches for 0.59 adding more content over time. Perhaps even for basebuilding! Would be awesome. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

Anyone else having problems looking through the kashtan scope? I've only tested it at night, but there no crossairs, just a blurry square in the middle.

Ok i have tested the difference with the new and the old ui and there is a change in Fps for me at least.

Not sure if its only because of the newui option because i add another thing to the startoptions -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

But i read somewhere that the startoptions beside newui and skipintro doesen´t work anymore so it must be because of the newui.

Beside that i think my cpu uses much more % of the 3 and 4 core not sure if this is new but i think it was lower as 70-90%?!

Old Ui 23,4 Fps

Day_Z_2015_11_04_16_16_54_368.jpg

New Ui 32,8 fps

Day_Z_2015_11_04_16_09_37_294.jpg

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 2

I just had a thought: 1,8 GB is a massive update. There must be tons of stuff in this build that is not activated yet and waits for the patch(es). I guess we'll see a couple of update patches for 0.59 adding more content over time. Perhaps even for basebuilding! Would be awesome. 

I've noticed that the big updates mean map changes.

If the devs change anything map-wise I'm pretty sure we have to download the whole Chernarus map again to replace the outdated one.

and I think that makes up the bulk of the file size.

If you feel like you want to go on an expedition, check out the far Northwest, there's no buildings or water out there yet but the map team has been busy turning those flat plains and woodlands into rolling hills, lakebeds, riverbeds and a few odd holes in the ground.  

There's also one big hill out there, visible from the north edge of the map. Beanz to whoever finds my car tent out there  :P though there's not much of value stored in it.

• Like 4

Looking through the files, I think I finally understand how the new hot bar works. You start with a set number of available slots (4 I think?) and then as you add clothing, you gain slots based on the "bonus" value that is assigned to that piece of clothing. I assume it must vary by each item of clothing, but here's what I'm talking about:

Let's look at the nurse dress as an example:

8l1k3o9.png

• Like 7

Ok i have tested the difference with the new and the old ui and there is a change in Fps for me at least.

Not sure if its only because of the newui option because i add another thing to the startoptions -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

But i read somewhere that the startoptions beside newui and skipintro doesen´t work anymore so it must be because of the newui.

Beside that i think my cpu uses much more % of the 3 and 4 core not sure if this is new but i think it was lower as 70-90%?!

Old Ui 23,4 Fps

Day_Z_2015_11_04_16_16_54_368.jpg

New Ui 32,8 fps

Day_Z_2015_11_04_16_09_37_294.jpg

that is because you are looking in a different direction

Looking through the files, I think I finally understand how the new hot bar works. You start with a set number of available slots (4 I think?) and then as you add clothing, you gain slots based on the "bonus" value that is assigned to that piece of clothing. I assume it must vary by each item of clothing, but here's what I'm talking about:

Let's look at the nurse dress as an example:

8l1k3o9.png

Notice that you don't need to wear the clothing. Throwing a extra jacket into my pack gave me more hotbar slots. When I discarded the jacket, the DayZ gods reclaimed their hotbar slots.

• Like 8

I put a book into one just to see if I could, worked fine.

• Like 1

-snip-

I did an item swap with my friend last night via a wardrobe.

It worked fine and I left a variety of empty mags and a damaged Red 9 buttstock in one for anybody who was passing through.

We tend to use containers for swapping when we can to reduce the chance of things disappearing when you drop them and it seems to help.

• Like 6

If anybody is having trouble with CONSTANT FREEZING to the point of having zero fps in towns for minutes straight like I did (and you have a friend in the same city without these problems) it could be your config file . after this update , myconfig file was set all wonky causing my game to be very weird , I deleted the config file and jumped in game again , It created a new config file on startup and now I don't get the freezes as constant and a solid 20-30 fps like before . Try it and see if it helps !

Yes this worked for me as well.Too bad you havent posted sooner took me a couple days of surfing the web to figure out the fix,..

Notice that you don't need to wear the clothing. Throwing a extra jacket into my pack gave me more hotbar slots. When I discarded the jacket, the DayZ gods reclaimed their hotbar slots.

Good tip thanks.

• Like 1

that is because you are looking in a different direction

I have tried it again without moving.

With newui my fps will stay at 32 but with oldui and without -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

my fps goes up and down from 24-32 all the time.

• Like 1

I have tried it again without moving.

With newui my fps will stay at 32 but with oldui and without -malloc=tbb4malloc_bi

my fps goes up and down from 24-32 all the time.

I too initially had the impression that the newui gave me an approximate 10fps boost.

I then realized that even one degree in angle can heavily influence measurement, so if you want accurate comparison, you cant even move a single inch.

after all that I still came to the conclusion that newui does, in fact, slightly improve performance. I would say in the worst spots by about 3-5 fps and overall a bit better.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1