boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Is this new? Either way, I had never noticed it before and got a good chuckle out of it.

NdzyfBU.jpg

I think I've seen that before. Is that Vavilovo bus depot/train station?

edit: spelling

Edited by GaryWalnuts

A question though, has the ability to put binos and scopes in quick slots been removed? I havent got it working yet.aspect

I've had my binocs in the hot bar since I found my first pair, it's been working OK for me,

Though they do have that aspect ratio/oval problem, same as the scopes.

Resetting Nvidia control panel to default settings for DayZ seems to have improved performance for me.

I will have to see how the rest of the night goes before final judgements.

Finally got to play again this evening with Dudester. I don't feel like I accomplished much unfortunately, but I had fun killing a few hours anyway. Sadly, poor Dudester got killed right before I logged off for the night :(

I did get the opportunity to play with a barrel tonight. Cut holes in it just as described, added a fireplace, and then had to add kindling + sticks to the barrel to get the option to ignite it. The fireplace itself stays in the barrel's inventory space, but the kindling/sticks have dedicated slots. Works as intended, but we have a lot of experimenting to do in regards to other functions. We didn't have a cooking pot on hand to test that, nor did we have any meat or vegetables to cook. If someone else doesn't get to it first, I'll try and manage that after work tomorrow.

Got myself a boar for the first time since 0.57:

eLgZi6l.jpg

Checking out the barrel fireplace:

tmF7Kcv.jpg

n1lMFHi.jpg

ALcHK1z.jpg

StIHhMe.jpg

ZVlKSAL.jpg

I9LIU1T.jpg

Newly enterable silo building:

WmLu9pJ.jpg

T5do0Od.jpg

xmufTVb.jpg

Z1P4E9U.jpg

...and a few other random pictures from the night:

HwnIi3L.jpg

HsHRU7D.jpg

tFUqZdW.jpg

• Like 13

Finally got to play again this evening with Dudester. I don't feel like I accomplished much unfortunately, but I had fun killing a few hours anyway. Sadly, poor Dudester got killed right before I logged off for the night :(

I did get the opportunity to play with a barrel tonight. Cut holes in it just as described, added a fireplace, and then had to add kindling + sticks to the barrel to get the option to ignite it. The fireplace itself stays in the barrel's inventory space, but the kindling/sticks have dedicated slots. Works as intended, but we have a lot of experimenting to do in regards to other functions. We didn't have a cooking pot on hand to test that, nor did we have any meat or vegetables to cook. If someone else doesn't get to it first, I'll try and manage that after work tomorrow.

Got myself a boar for the first time since 0.57:

eLgZi6l.jpg

Checking out the barrel fireplace:

tmF7Kcv.jpg

n1lMFHi.jpg

ALcHK1z.jpg

StIHhMe.jpg

ZVlKSAL.jpg

I9LIU1T.jpg

Newly enterable silo building:

WmLu9pJ.jpg

T5do0Od.jpg

xmufTVb.jpg

Z1P4E9U.jpg

...and a few other random pictures from the night:

HwnIi3L.jpg

HsHRU7D.jpg

tFUqZdW.jpg

Yesterday I didn't find a fishing hook so I couldn't test the cooking (on a barrel).

Wanted to test it with meat because I want to know if the bug is gone as well.

I can test it today but I can't be online in-game for another 15 hours or something from now.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

I threw a canteen inside a grocery store, the thing bounced like a rubber ball. I got a chuckle out of it. Found out that nearly every item bounces like its made of thin, hard plastic.

• Like 1

I threw a canteen inside a grocery store, the thing bounced like a rubber ball. I got a chuckle out of it. Found out that nearly every item bounces like its made of thin, hard plastic.

Yeah did you see the smoke video earlier? The smoke grenade did the same thing.

I was able to play for another couple hours with minimal freezing.

I wanted to try to confirm that the change to Nvidia control panel is what brought my performance back around to playable so I rebooted DayZ.

First I tried to load DayZ without changing Nvidia control panel and the game reverted to freezing constantly.

I then closed DayZ, changed a single setting in Nvidia control panel and then used the "Restore default settings" button again and applied the change.

DayZ once again booted with minimal comparative freezing and seemed like it was playable once more.

:wacko:

I have no idea why this should help my current freezing issues but it does.

I'm actually really glad it pushed me to buy components though.

I was going to try to hold out for a holiday sale initially but regardless I think I got a very good deal.

• Like 2

Loving this update played a little and got geared of the spot winchester found my red nine I've been searching for a while now even shot a guy with it currently I'm in north west with an ak 74 w a mag(there so rare I found one in a Russian heli), c96, skorpian, and a bunch of nades I threw a bunch of them in the middle of the airfield and some ass tried shooting me with a makorav who spawned next to a bush just got the red nine and shot him fresh meat. I'm looking for a vss since I have a mag i haven't had luck only two crashes one with an akm other with ak 74 mag. I wonder if the SVD has the new sound in to as well as the ump. I'm hyped about the new vehicles that's a main priority next patch. I've also noticed that the camo jail still doesn't spawn loot and most of the new building included in .58 and this patch don't spawn loot and the dysnc is pretty bad but not unplayable just takes time to open doors and get stuff in your inventory. Also I dare someone to go in electro and fire a shot in the air see what happens.

Edited by DaNic2553
  • Like 2

I was able to play for another couple hours with minimal freezing.

I wanted to try to confirm that the change to Nvidia control panel is what brought my performance back around to playable so I rebooted DayZ.

First I tried to load DayZ without changing Nvidia control panel and the game reverted to freezing constantly.

I then closed DayZ, changed a single setting in Nvidia control panel and then used the "Restore default settings" button again and applied the change.

DayZ once again booted with minimal comparative freezing and seemed like it was playable once more.

:wacko:

I have no idea why this should help my current freezing issues but it does.

I'm actually really glad it pushed me to buy components though.

I was going to try to hold out for a holiday sale initially but regardless I think I got a very good deal.

I've been having bouts of random freezing anywhere from mildly annoying to unplayable, the worse was prime time yesterday afternoon evening, I haven't made any changes to anything. It seems to be tied to people logging on, off, and/or other player and AI getting near me.

I've been having bouts of random freezing anywhere from mildly annoying to unplayable, -snip-

Yeah, exactly.

The Nvidia reset brings it back to mildly annoying.

Player log on/off has historically caused hang ups and it's often when someone is about to get booted due to lack of client response or similar.

I thought I did notice some lag when initial player contact is made and maybe some with infected as well but considering my performance issues that's more difficult to ascertain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess it's worth noting that I ran into a friendly canuck when I was near a hospital somewhere North of Berezino.

I was across the street and hailed him first and we had a friendly but distant conversation.

It sounded like him and a friend (who I did not see around) had a harrowing time getting off the coast fighting infected and he was trying to strike out for the North.

He warned me that another player was possibly lurking not far off and we went our separate ways.

I later saw another stranger run past me as I waited for ColdAtrophy and called out to him but he had no interest in stopping apparently.

Considering he made no attempt to communicate I hastily relocated so as not to be a sitting duck.

A bit of a running joke between ColdAtrophy and I is how many KoS experiences he has compared to friendly experiences that I have.

It might just be dumb luck, or it might be how we play when solo that is the difference.

Nothing I've thought of yet fully accounts for the contrasting experiences.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 6

Anyone having trouble finding pistol or rifle magazines? After about 6 or 7 hours of playtime all across the map I have only found one AK-74 mag at a helicrash and assorted SMG mags at police stations. Besides that absolutely nothing.

Food is also overabundant. There's way too much considering that you get stuffed so quick now.

Other than that it's been OK. Can't wait to see what they add in coming weeks.

Anyone having trouble finding pistol or rifle magazines? After about 6 or 7 hours of playtime all across the map I have only found one AK-74 mag at a helicrash and assorted SMG mags at police stations. Besides that absolutely nothing.

Food is also overabundant. There's way too much considering that you get stuffed so quick now.

Other than that it's been OK. Can't wait to see what they add in coming weeks.

Yeah, I only found one CR75 mag, but I saw about 10 CR75 pistols in the meantime. RAK mags seem to be the most frequent around police stations. 

I noticed that if I put clothes in a barrel, clothes get damp/wet, even though it isn't raining. 

Found a fox! (and a 2nd one later) It actually reacted to me when I stood in its way. It "escaped" pretty slow though. Same speed as the chicken ;)

Foxes are cute and make cute noises, too. Almost a shame to shoot them. Now, of course, I can't find fertilizer anywhere, even though I found a bag or two in every village yesterday. I might try to make some from plant material. I forgot, how that works, though. 

2015-11-04_00002_zpsv5cxlyti.jpg

2015-11-04_00004_zpsilykdr3h.jpg

Haven't seen a zombie all over Berezino. I don't think they respawn. I found lots of floating tents I couldn't reach. It seems the tent spawns are still locked to where the tenant buildings were, so now we have loot spawn in the air. I hope the lootspawns for Berezino are fixed soon or getting worked on. Nothing at all spawns in the new apartments around the school. 

Also, the inventory of the car tent can't be scrolled again. I believe that worked in a previous build. 

Can we sterlize water in a fireplace, if we have a canteen? I think we should be able to, but I didn't yet try it out, since the water doesn't make me ill anyway.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

Anyone else have a weird aspect ratio thing going on? I downloaded the new patch, pressed play and immediately noticed it was in a different aspect ratio, so I went to the aspect ratio setting and alas, there were no options to change it. My frames are also quite horrendous even out in the open... I had my config settings on read=only so I really don't know what's going on :S

• Like 1

More stuff:

- tanning fox pelt with garden lime isn't working. I tried with one pelt, both pelts. removed and tried again. It always says: "you need to add pelts to tan". Would be interested to hear if other leather tanning (boar, cow, deer, rabbit) worked for you. 

- using the 5clip on the Mosin just removes the bullets from the clip, but doesn't utilize the clip itself. I did hear a reload animation and saw the animation, though. 

Edited by S3V3N

- using the 5clip on the Mosin just removes the bullets from the clip, but doesn't utilize the clip itself. I did hear a reload animation and saw the animation, though. 

What do you mean? Are bullets transferd into weapon?

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take for the second iteration of this patch to take place? Are we talking dayz or weekz? I was really looking forward to the vehicles!

If they are going to take care of all the new issues with 0.59 before releasing the vehicles it seems as though it will take a couple of weeks...

What do you mean? Are bullets transferd into weapon?

It empties the clip and loads the 5 bullets seperately into the rifle. There's no real disadvantage to that, but it's a bit odd the clip itself isn't used. Chambering the bullets one by one takes longer. You are left with an empty clip and a full rifle. 

What confuses me is that again some things that were fixed in the last update are broken, e.g. can't tan leather, can't scroll in car tent inventory.

I'm also not sure if all items are persistent. I've been watching some at their spawns and it seems a few things, e.g. fertilizer disappear or are replaced by other items when I return 15 minutes later. Of course, it could be someone just picked that stuff up, but I've been checking several places and the items there seem to disappear and change without anyone touching them. It's most notable in the long barns, because stuff in there rarely gets picked up, yet everything (boots, rakes...) except food seems to be replaced when I return. It might be other players or just the position of the same items changes around a spawn. It would be weird to pick up a rake, but leave all the food. I'll watch this more closely now. 

Edited by S3V3N

Mags seem to be rare all over. Every person I've encountered is using a shotgun, red-9, SKS or Mosin. Plenty of carbines and AK's lying around on the floor though.

Not in cities they aren't.

50-60fps minimum in 58 stable n elektro or cherno (which I accredit to lack of Zs and items)

scenecompelxity 150 or 200k

drawdistance 1200

objectdistance 1000

Now I play with this, still minimum 40 fps and looks much better.

scenecomplexity 420k

objectdrawdistance 800

(normal drawdistance is capped at 1.2k minimum or so anyway)

It empties the clip and loads the 5 bullets seperately into the rifle. There's no real disadvantage to that, but it's a bit odd the clip itself isn't used. Chambering the bullets one by one takes longer. You are left with an empty clip and a full rifle. 

I see you are not gun nut like some of us. In reality clip doesnt go in rifle (except in M1 Garand, but that clip looks different). Clip is used to hold rounds together and to faster and easier push them in rifle magazine. And that is now corectly done. Before was inaccurate. Clips are usualy disposable, but in dayz they are worth gold.

• Like 11

Clips & snap loaders allow for the reload function.

I like to carry a few at least.

Does anyone have any idea of how long it will take for the second iteration of this patch to take place? Are we talking dayz or weekz? I was really looking forward to the vehicles!

If they are going to take care of all the new issues with 0.59 before releasing the vehicles it seems as though it will take a couple of weeks...

No.

Welcome

• Like 1