freethink

pre .59 hype

EXPERIMENTAL PREP! About one hour ago! Time to try not to get too excited in case it's a false alarm.

• Like 4

for me it's :

- spears and working bayonet

- wounded players animations

- stamina

- sunglasses an helmets having a visual effect on the player's screen

- new cars

- VSS vintorez

- zombies to try it !

for me it would be: stop this focus on "new cars, new air transport, new guns" - I long for new gameplay elements. The game is slowly dying its way, since there is nothing to do but PvP - and for PvP the map is simply too big and the player count too little.

Give us a challenge apart from PvP please. Zombies for one, more of a sandbox/survival game as well. People will not come back (or just for a few moments), if there are 41 instead of 39 guns available or if there is a new vehicle. What this game needs is content. Not this continuous "I want this gun, I want that gun, I add a new coat".

Sorry for picking your posts and nothing in your post is wrong, the new gun just crossed my eyes and thus I used this post for quote, since I think the current focus on the development side is a bit ... narrow ;)

• Like 2

am' i the only one who would like to find some random ''Notes', in houses and near some vehicle, pretty much telling a story about the people that used to lived there, their last moments, having some random ''Stashes'' that you could only find by reading them notes... Some kind of charade would add so much to the game !!! thoughts ?!?

Text offers so many possibilities. Communication by leaving notes, stories to be told by former residents.

You could even make a skill system by learning new skills from books ... if only someone who read a book on medicine could correctly use antibiotics for instance. So I love the idea of expanding on paper work. And it makes me sad when the focus is on VSS Vintorez ;)

who else can't wait?

and what do you hope to see in .59?

Apart from the new vehicles, I really hope we see the return of the infected.

I'm more interested in the new engine parts. 

• Like 1

What the hell is taking them so long? 0.59 better be revolutionary!

Considering they are merging in large chunks of the new engine I think they are entitled to take time over the update. Updates won't be weekly things anymore, they will be slow and spend longer on exp to get to the correct stage before being pushed to stable.

0.58 was relesaed a month ago. Last 3 weeks of .58 exp were pretty much fixes. We are now almost 3 months without zombies....

0.58 was relesaed a month ago. Last 3 weeks of .58 exp were pretty much fixes. We are now almost 3 months without zombies....

And? The next update is unlikely to see them returned in force either. It's been said by the dev teams that updates will become slower as more and more tech is worked on and integrated.

Maybe there are severe issues with trying to run modules of both new and old engine alongside each other which mean that no current .59 candidate is strong enough to be pushed to exp. Maybe they are tweaking issues prior to exp. update to ensure that we see a high return for the addition of new modules.

maybe they'll just skip .59 all together and release .60.

There are a myriad different reasons and options as to why there is a delay, the fact that it has been a month since an update isn't enough to complain about to be perfectly honest. Things will change pace at different times during development, there won't be an update until there is something worth updating. No point them being rushed/empty updates just to bump up the version no.

Harton hopes .59 to EXP in next week

Hicks said dont hype yourself

Im confused.

• Like 1

I would imagine Hicks is trying to preempt the cries from the player base that the first iteration of engine modules doesn't immediately grant 60+ fps in Cherno, no desynch, no bugs and amazing increases in draw distance.

The next update will see engine changes but they may not be standing alone from legacy parts for sometime.

• Like 1

There's a mod for arma3 called exile and this is a mod of that. What I'd do for zombies on a similar scale...(see start and last few mins)

where does one purchase this game???

where does one purchase this game???

You can't. The whole video is a scripted thing apparently.

Maybe zombies spawning should work like in the mod. Maybe with increased range. There is no point having zombies in Bor or Kamenka if no one ever goes there.

I camp out a Bor no one goes there that's why and its to strong point of connecting Balota to Pavlovo military base I come across people who grab some quick food there it is a perfectly placed town in my Opinion and we'll kamanka is next to on of the roads leading to Pavlovo so if someone lock downed the town next to it Kamanka would be the safest place to go.

• Like 1

I camp out a Bor no one goes there that's why and its to strong point of connecting Balota to Pavlovo military base I come across people who grab some quick food there it is a perfectly placed town in my Opinion and we'll kamanka is next to on of the roads leading to Pavlovo so if someone lock downed the town next to it Kamanka would be the safest place to go.

My home town too! I think it's starting to get well known now though.

Anyway still hoping for an exp release this week (maybe friday) but not expecting it. Hardly played stable at all.

• Like 1

I have feeling .59 will be something big. There was so much teaser materials revealed in last month or so. 

I feel that engine wisely .60 will have a better impact. I also think the BETA version will come out along .60 or .61 as Brian said the BETA release will probably be delayed to January/February.

If Tisy and the chopper is implemented in .59 then sure, its huge progress especially for the vehicle part of the game.

Edited by StanleyWasHappy

I have feeling .59 will be something big. There was so much teaser materials revealed in last month or so. 

Yeah sure. And if not then, then .60... or .61.... or .62.... lets wait a year or two, hope will die at some point.

• Like 1

1.new more realistic working sound system!

2.all item lifetime!

3.zombies!

4.locking gamma and brightnes!

5.someone will not agree with me but I would like also lock all trees and grass!

that's the major things for me!

• Like 1

○ Zombies ! ! ! - Seriously.. 3?? ... 3 zombies.. This is officially call of duty with large size maps until we get the Z back in DayZ.

○ Helicopters - Very much cannot wait.

Since i'm fairly sure we'll get neither of these in .59 i really don't care what new weapons, backpacks and glitches are added.

• Like 2

4.locking gamma and brightnes!

5.someone will not agree with me but I would like also lock all trees and grass!

that's the major things for me!

Totally agree, especially point 5.

because .58 has gone to stable so .59 must be fairly soon

Oct 1, nothing :(

Bahbumbug it was suppost to come out this wendsdsy man I planned an making a squad to hunt for the new cars. Oh well squad will come this coming Friday got my bros ready to be Bambi's and destroy whatever comes in our way. PS if we get a bus, we will drive it around the coast to pickup up freshspawns and take them to balota to start there way up north.