boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

The fix will be at Exp, so low chance for it to hit stable tomorrow.

That's cool and all but only the real professional hoarders or people who team up will get enough stuff together to see if it worked within a couple days. I would think that'd take a one week run at least to get a good number of varying situations.

I'm already kind of burnt from .58 exp and not really feeling the gusto for stable as is, racing to hoard stuff to try and trigger the problem just to get wiped sounds like a bit of an unnecessary chore rather than just pushing the "fix" to an environment that already has the problem and seeing if it fixes it.

• Like 4

Looks like the hotfix was applied to stable branch as well. I now have zero lag in my camp, and can move the trucks around with no problem.  :)

Correction: I have a small amount of lag still, but I can now move the two trucks that have been stuck in my camp. Barrel lids still not showing open or closed properly. Have to check on other things but I'm pretty happy I can now move the trucks!

Edited by Taco Tuesday

Looks like the hotfix was applied to stable branch as well. I now have zero lag in my camp, and can move the trucks around with no problem.  :)  

Update it's not even in experimental yet, mate and this is not something that they can change without an update.

Exactly! That and the persistence issue on stable related to the hosting services sucked the life out of me for the time being...

I'm already kind of burnt from .58 exp and not really feeling the gusto for stable as is, racing to hoard stuff to try and trigger the problem just to get wiped sounds like a bit of an unnecessary chore rather than just pushing the "fix" to an environment that already has the problem and seeing if it fixes it.

Update it's not even in experimental yet, mate and this is not something that they can change without an update.

Hmm, so maybe all the unpacking ammo and seeds, moving mags out of barrels and backpacks and moving shit around did it then. Although it didn't seem like it. After I logged out of Dayz completely and it synced on my computer I logged back in and the lag was gone. Whatever it was, I'm just glad my camp is functional again. Gonna make a big bonfire and drink some peach moonshine.  :P

• Like 1

I haven't seen any prep for Exp on the SteamDB as yet. While this could change at any time, it is not obvious that an Exp build is imminent.

I haven't seen any prep for Exp on the SteamDB as yet. While this could change at any time, it is not obvious that an Exp build is imminent.

Well, they are preparing the hot-fix to roll it in Exp, this is confirmed through twitter, but we don't know when it's gonna happen but it is Soon.

Well, they are preparing the hot-fix to roll it in Exp, this is confirmed through twitter, but we don't know when it's gonna happen but it is Soon.

A hotfix on exp is confirmed?

I'd like to see a quote saying they're going to fix a problem that showed up on stable with repair (without loss of progress) to a build that didn't have the problem.

I think were going to get a new build and have to work up to where the problem starts and see if it happens again, then go from there, but that's just my theory from what I've read between the lines.

• Like 1

Hello, please use search function before posting. this tweet is in post #1029

(i always wanted to say that to a forum admin, don't be mad pls :D )

• Like 6

A hotfix on exp is confirmed?

I'd like to see a quote saying they're going to fix a problem that showed up on stable with repair (without loss of progress) to a build that didn't have the problem.

I think were going to get a new build and have to work up to where the problem starts and see if it happens again, then go from there, but that's just my theory from what I've read between the lines.

Didn't understand that too. We haven't had this camp-problem in exp but in stable. So woundn't it be smarter to release the hotfix for stable? How should we test it on exp, if we hadn't problems there?

So Eugen answered:

- "Eugen Harton ‏@eugenharton 20 Std.vor 20 Stunden

@bitts_3000 no 0.58 stable fix exp. 0.59 is gonna take some time due to engine merges."

"LeAkX ‏@_t3hST4r 19 Std.vor 19 Stunden

@eugenharton @bitts_3000 what parts of the engine exactly?"

- "Eugen Harton ‏@eugenharton 19 Std.vor 19 Stunden

@_t3hST4r @bitts_3000 All of them ;)"

That means we will really see the first iterration of the new renderer? new player controller? new physics? further improved AI? new animation system? and so on?

Maybe Mr. Hicks could clarified this in the Status Report from last week, or yesterday...

Didn't understand that too. We haven't had this camp-problem in exp but in stable. So woundn't it be smarter to release the hotfix for stable? How should we test it on exp, if we hadn't problems there?

So Eugen answered:

- "Eugen Harton ‏@eugenharton 20 Std.vor 20 Stunden

@bitts_3000 no 0.58 stable fix exp. 0.59 is gonna take some time due to engine merges."

"LeAkX ‏@_t3hST4r 19 Std.vor 19 Stunden

That means we will really see the first iterration of the new renderer? new player controller? new physics? further improved AI? new animation system? and so on?

Maybe Mr. Hicks could clarified this in the Status Report from last week, or yesterday...

i don't know man, from my experiencing in dayz, you should never hype yourself. this comments don't actually mean anything if there is no other information or some clarification.  

Why? Because politicians work on the weekend?

They're employees, remember.

No... Because they never answer the questions that they are asked!

For Example:

Edited by Woody1888

In which part of the map did you build your camps? As long as there is no hotfix, camp hunting seems to be one of the, if not the only interesting thing that keeps you playing the game (on private hives). I don't want you to expose your camps, just tell me sth. like "North-West" or "around the middle of the map".

Thanks for any info ;)

Edited by R. Hartenstein

-snip-

When we had .58 on experimental persistence was wiped too often to produce the bug.

We need the latest build with a fix in experimental to show itself game breaker free for 3 days and then it will be considered a confirmed fix and will be pushed out to stable.

In which part of the map did you build your camps? As long as there is no hotfix, camp hunting seems to be one of the, if not the only interesting thing that keeps you playing the game (on private hives). I don't want you to expose your camps, just tell me sth. like "North-West" or "around the middle of the map".

Thanks for any info ;)

Right outside the Cherno supermarket. ;)

On a different note: I think weapons placed or dropped on the ground should persist like dynamic events - four hours and then they are gone.

Edited by entspeak

When we had .58 on experimental persistence was wiped too often to produce the bug.

i disagree, the private server i play on has been wiped recently and the lags occured less than a day after that - and the experimental servers had been full to the top in the last few weeks. in addition the bug has been known before the release.

tbh i dont think that the current stable matches the last iteration of .58 exp. i didnt experience the issues with loot cleanup and cle in experimental that are now present, nor that lag issue, even tho we did have and have seen massive camps.

i dont really mind if problems occur, but the way of communication coming from devside is really annoying. promising status reports on twitter that never come to live, releasing changelogs for the community and potential buyers, that include many features which are only in code but not playable for presumably at least a month - and not pointing that out. imho this doesnt help to get understatement for the probs during alpha state, only raises frustration and lowers trust.

guess im a bit frustrated right know <_<

Edited by edwin3

i disagree, the private server i play on has been wiped recently and the lags occured less than a day after that -

-snip-

guess im a bit frustrated right know <_<

This is the first I've heard of this bug happening as quickly as this.

Somewhere earlier in this thread people had posted that it took about 3 days for this to become an issue.

Logic then would have dictated the bug was not produced on experimental because wipes were < time needed to produce bug.

RE: frustration, try to remember that for every game breaker we struggle with now there are countless other bugs the team has overcame including bugs that never saw the public builds.

My faith is bolstered by the fact that DayZ has a lot of resources and "all the time in the world" to get it right. I'm ok with the fact that DayZ is going to encounter seemingly endless delays of all kinds.

When something really sours the experience for me, I take a break from playing the game (like I am now) and follow the news hoping for improvements.

• Like 4

That's what everything I've tried is saying too, here something I noticed last night though.

I have no containers in containers at my camp anymore, had a truck in close proximity no problem.

logged in with both accounts simultaneously to give the gas can from my second character to my first and the lost sessions and lag came back. The second character has a full first aid kit on his person.

Can you guys or anyone else confirm containers in containers on a character cause this as well?

I ran into camp this morning with 3 protector cases on me - all full of stuff.  Lag.  Once I got rid of that, no lag.

• Like 1

On a different note: I think weapons placed or dropped on the ground should persist like dynamic events - four hours and then they are gone.

Completely agree.  You want to save something?  Find a barrel or tent to put it in.  Fing and I must have 15-20 long guns at our camp - all just laying on the ground.  Probably why I can't find any on the map anymore.

• Like 1

RE: frustration, try to remember that for every game breaker we struggle with now there are countless other bugs the team has overcame including bugs that never saw the public builds.

My faith is bolstered by the fact that DayZ has a lot of resources and "all the time in the world" to get it right. I'm ok with the fact that DayZ is going to encounter seemingly endless delays of all kinds.

When something really sours the experience for me, I take a break from playing the game (like I am now) and follow the news hoping for improvements.

That's one point of view. What I ask myself atm, is why they are doing all the early access stuff, if they don't involve the players? - We see things going wrong and start discussing about it, while the devs allways say: "There is an issue, we will fix it". - What is this issue? Is it so hard to follow a general form of answer like:

There is an issue with [object-1, object-2,...] on [stable/experimental] [public-/private-servers]. Followed by a short discription.

Ecample:

There is an issue with guns on stable private servers. Guns, which are dropped down at player camps, prevent the cle from spawning new guns at the normal spawn-points.

or

There is an issue with peristence on all stable servers. Storage items like medkits, stored in other storage items like barrels, cause desync.

-     -     -     -     -     -     -     -     -

Instead they just say, that they are working on "something" but we never know if it is really the thing, we are discussing about. If they would answer in the way I, mentioned before, we could do further testing. We could tell them, if we think that they found the problem or if there is maybe more going wrong. So imo the frustrating thing is not the game, it's the fact that we are speculating the whole day and never get a real answer if we are right/wrong. The steam description says sth like: "Only purchase the game if you are interested in giving feedback on game-development. Game can be completley unplayble during some periods of development."  ... :huh:

Edited by R. Hartenstein

this should be how you approach all EA games imo. i played .57 for like 4-5 hours, but i just played 5 hours today. im enjoying the patch even thought it has flaws. 

the think is, people are not patient enough for this kind of games. developing a with a large scale should take a minimum of 3-4 years (minimum) and early access games, allow people to access the Day 1 of development (in the worst case scenario)

i say dayz dev team is doing a pretty damn good job developing both a game and an engine (at the same time)

----------------

i agree with you guys saying developer's communication with us is bad at the time, and i guess they already do know it, but the fact is that they are trying to get better.

----------------

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 4