boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Yeah, I did, but the choppers are now spawning a smattering of low tier general military loot and even some civilian stuff. I haven't found a chopper that got me excited due to the quality of loot in probably 30 crash sites now.

Do you know how many choppers actually spawn now? I spent a day looking for one and could see any.

They can't make walking with a bow raised because of the current animation system. When the new animation system is in they will make walking with a bow raised possible.

I didn't even get that far. I meant that it can't be fired, period. It's similar to the bug (or same) from from like two patches ago with the exception that the hand placement isn't floating to the left of the bow.

Edited by E.J.

Do you know how many choppers actually spawn now? I spent a day looking for one and could see any.

There are never more than 3 as far as I can tell. I'd be more than happy to let you ride shotgun on my route. If you don't walk away having seen at least two choppers, you get double your money back. My dad used to say that when he made us kids breakfast. 

EDIT: Also, been meaning to ask, has anyone seen a Hunting Bag? I've checked a solid 50 (perhaps more even) deerstands and feeding stations now and haven't seen any. Not a big deal, just curious. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

EDIT: Also, been meaning to ask, has anyone seen a Hunting Bag? I've checked a solid 50 (perhaps more even) deerstands and feeding stations now and haven't seen any. Not a big deal, just curious. 

found one on an private server in those big garages with stairs on one side (inside) and the small kabin on the first floor

• Like 1

found one on an private server in those big garages with stairs on one side (inside) and the small kabin on the first floor

Hmmm. Interesting. 

Found one in a random shed in the north

Edited by A.N.Ttbr

Found one in a random shed in the north

That's another place I've been looking. In Exp, I had found them in the sheds that are slapped together boards with holes that allow you to see into it. Wasn't sure if they were still there, but sheds are worth checking for all manner of things these days anyway. Just haven't gotten lucky yet. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

That's another place I've been looking. In Exp, I had found them in the sheds that are slapped together boards with holes that allow you to see into it. Wasn't sure if they were still there, but sheds are worth checking for all manner of things these days anyway. Just haven't gotten lucky yet.

It's the only one I've seen since exp, it was one of those types of shed.

• Like 1

Right now - we have disabled container storage counting towards the server maximums, so no - the gear in the tents would not stop more from spawning, (Right now)

As well, items on players do not count towards a servers totals. M4s have a very high cost, very high restock time (I think 12 hours right now) and very low quantity.

Thanks Brian.  Based on that I would call my (and friends') experiences a possible bug with the CLE.  I believe there are some known issues with private hives in this regard, so maybe it falls within those?

I guess I will throw my hat in with others here who are frustrated by being eager to test the CLE functionality but are not sure exactly what the base line is to test against.

The problem I am seeing with loot is that if people leave behind the worthless crap then nothing new spawns there until you haul that junk out and dump it somewhere. Went days where nothing new was spawning until we walked around picking up all the trash and dropping it elsewhere. Loot should wipe and reload periodically regardless of if there is a piece of loot left in the location or not. I think that some pieces of loot are spawning within the walls or floors of structures and once all the visible loot is taken those remaining pieces that cannot be accessed keep loot from spawning in that location again.

Edited by Necromacus

Behold! My Megadesktrov! If you don't get the reference, that's ok. Not everyone showed up for work this build. (Stupid zambeez.)

WO3TUH9.jpg

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 6

'Im on the same server as ColdAtrophy right now.  Wonder if it's the one with his camp.  If so, I swear I'm gonna scour the map and take a picture of myself in front of his camp.  :D

• Like 1

'Im on the same server as ColdAtrophy right now.  Wonder if it's the one with his camp.  If so, I swear I'm gonna scour the map and take a picture of myself in front of his camp.   :D

Not sure about it but I think I know where it is.

Behold! My Megadesktrov! If you don't get the reference, that's ok. Not everyone showed up for work this build. (Stupid zambeez.)

*shnip*

dude, you need moa tents!

'Im on the same server as ColdAtrophy right now.  Wonder if it's the one with his camp.  If so, I swear I'm gonna scour the map and take a picture of myself in front of his camp.   :D

Okay, but no medkit trick. :P

Not sure about it but I think I know where it is.

PM me with a guess. I'm curious if people will ever begin to recognize camps by the scene on a more consistent basis.

dude, you need moa tents!

I know. I'm working on it.  B)

was that not an book from steven king?

Newp. It's actually based on a 1938 novella by John W. Campbell, Jr. called, Who Goes There? There were actually a few film adaptations of the novella, including The Thing from Another World in the 50's - Carpenter's is the best, in my opinion.

Edited by entspeak

The problem I am seeing with loot is that if people leave behind the worthless crap then nothing new spawns there until you haul that junk out and dump it somewhere. Went days where nothing new was spawning until we walked around picking up all the trash and dropping it elsewhere. Loot should wipe and reload periodically regardless of if there is a piece of loot left in the location or not. I think that some pieces of loot are spawning within the walls or floors of structures and once all the visible loot is taken those remaining pieces that cannot be accessed keep loot from spawning in that location again.

There is a cleanup if nothing gets picked up... it doesn't stay forever. It will eventually swap it out for something else. I've seen that happen. It does take days, though - and that's fine.

WO3TUH9.jpg

damn man, i didn't even know this much tents spawn in a server, and the thing no one mentioned, IS THAT AN SVD ? im yet to find one :(

damn man, i didn't even know this much tents spawn in a server, and the thing no one mentioned, IS THAT AN SVD ? im yet to find one :(

We actually have multiple camps. More tents than this have spawned on this server. I haven't even checked some key areas thoroughly for tents. None of these were gained through hopping.

Yes, it's an SVD. I got it by camping the quonsets at NWAF and murdering a hopper, something I generally dislike, but I dislike hoppers more. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

Right now - we have disabled container storage counting towards the server maximums, so no - the gear in the tents would not stop more from spawning, (Right now)

As well, items on players do not count towards a servers totals. M4s have a very high cost, very high restock time (I think 12 hours right now) and very low quantity.

I have a private server where only a few players play on. At first it was a wide open public server  - Later after KOS was getting out of hand I password protected it. Now only a few players play on the server. However after 12-13 days of it being a private shard we have yet to find an M4 in any of the military locations.

Are certain items such as rare guns not spawning over time?   

On the topic of hunting backpacks: so far I found them in the big metal sheds with the catwalk and in garages.

As far as I can fathom, this is because the entire public hive is being treated just the same as one private server. Once all the good gear is in the hands of players and maximum values have been reached, what else can it give you? It will still spawn some lower tier stuff, but there will be no high grade stuff. My opinion on this matter will probably be disputed since I can offer little more than anecdotal evidence, but I've watched the loot tables change every day since the patch went to Stable. The choppers are not what they once were. At this point, I count myself lucky to walk away from a US crash with a single box of 5.56. 

In order for the current system to work, in my opinion, players need to start dying and losing gear. Let's hope the infected return with the brute strength and numbers necessary to start challenging even the people who don't hang out all day at hot spots and occasionally killing them.

55ms9.gif

"in my opinion" lol'd

Is there still a bug with eating/drinking? - Sometimes when my char eats, he throws himself on the ground for no reason. Did you see sth. like that as well?

Edited by R. Hartenstein

In order for the current system to work, in my opinion, players need to start dying and losing gear. Let's hope the infected return with the brute strength and numbers necessary to start challenging even the people who don't hang out all day at hot spots and occasionally killing them.

Personally I'd like to see wolves - big ones that are fast and quiet and leave a pile of human bones and steak at the kill site - we'll see those camps start freeing up their loot pretty quick I think.   :D   It would be humorous to see people try to get back to the camps in deep woods after being mauled to death only to be killed again by a wolf :)

• Like 2