boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Personally I'd like to see wolves - big ones that are fast and quiet and leave a pile of human bones and steak at the kill site - we'll see those camps start freeing up their loot pretty quick I think.   :D   It would be humorous to see people try to get back to the camps in deep woods after being mauled to death only to be killed again by a wolf :)

Apart from the fact that dangerous animals would be cool...

Not only is he completely wrong - you can easily get a shitton of good gear if you know where to look at - but he is also extremely clueless. Currently players dying with good gear etc has nothing to do with how much decent gear respawns. Camps and players are not affecting gear spawnrates. Just stuff on the ground. Just dont listen to that guy.

Also the part about the public hive being "treated as a private hive" is the most retarded thing I have read on here so far. All the public hive essentially does is save your character for you to use it on other servers. Loot economy, persistence, stuff on the ground etc are all strictly tied to individual servers. How can one not understand this simple concept? Shocking.

Edited by jayfkay

Personally I'd like to see wolves - big ones that are fast and quiet and leave a pile of human bones and steak at the kill site - we'll see those camps start freeing up their loot pretty quick I think.   :D   It would be humorous to see people try to get back to the camps in deep woods after being mauled to death only to be killed again by a wolf :)

Yeah, me too. There are references to wolves in the game files already. Should be very interesting.

Not only is he completely wrong - you can easily get a shitton of good gear if you know where to look at - but he is also extremely clueless. Currently players dying with good gear etc has nothing to do with how much decent gear respawns. Camps and players are not affecting gear spawnrates. Just stuff on the ground. Just dont listen to that guy.

Also the part about the public hive being "treated as a private hive" is the most retarded thing I have read on here so far. All the public hive essentially does is save your character for you to use it on other servers. Loot economy, persistence, stuff on the ground etc are all strictly tied to individual servers. How can one not understand this simple concept? Shocking.

True about the loot economy and server-specific loot tables, but I don't see the need to put anyone down here.  I have seen a private hive go fallow on military gear after being all whicked away to camps early on, so something is going on that is out of whack.  And I do think "repatriation" of gear off fresh kills is a perfectly valid way to redistribute loot...  of course servers that promote a more friendly play type may not see the benefits therein.  

Okay, but no medkit trick. :P

So that was the server with the camp?  Right on.  Looking for your camp will give me something to do . . . I'm not in it to lag it up or steal anything.  But, I do have some nice photo ideas in mind.

Personally I'd like to see wolves - big ones that are fast and quiet and leave a pile of human bones and steak at the kill site - we'll see those camps start freeing up their loot pretty quick I think. :D It would be humorous to see people try to get back to the camps in deep woods after being mauled to death only to be killed again by a wolf :)

I don't think wolves would leave any meat. And how are wolfs going to raid a camp? :lol:

The only thing I can imagine is killing players but then you simply return there and you're good to go again. :)

Private hives also save the characters. The only difference is a value called "private" and the name of the hive.

In fact, you will have the same characters on multiple servers which are in the same hive.

Yeah, me too. There are references to wolves in the game files already. Should be very interesting.

Now this is indeed interesting. Instead of us running after and hunting animals we are going to be the one which is being hunted.

Can you imagine a pack of wolfs in the game? They are known for their "flanking" skills so if you find a pack your knee deep in shit.

We better come up with some escape plans. :lol:

I am pretty sure that no amount of players carrying a military grade gun would stop another from spawning on a server just as long as there arent 20 of them on the ground. They can be in camps or palyers hands, just not on the ground. Those are not accounted for when the CLE calculates respawns I think, because its still possible to go on any server right now and find certain high grade loot en masse with some glitch abusing. Remember the loot explosions of the 3 military huts? They "exploded" only to a certain degree, then stopped spawning loot. Older loot explosions (patch 55 and older) had no limits in that regard because they didnt account for anything, they just respawned stuff due to a buggy algorhythm. You would see 20 aks in 3 barracks and jokes like that - but thats not possible anymore and its not because of players carrying them.

Also I guess I am gonna try to just ignore his weekly, completely ignorant and oblivious-to-how-the-game-actually-works posts, but its hard.

The information he is spreading is often just plain wrong and the bullshit he just said above me regarding "pm harrassment" was just me wasting my time with someone that neither plays the game nor understands big parts of it or is capable of simple logic. Its just a bit irritating how someone with so little clue can speak with such confidence.

If you're talking about the Quonset hut's, that is not a good example. They are just bugged and ignore the CLE as I experienced.

Now about that information, it is purely based on own experiences and others.

That is what this topic is all about, to discuss a build and figure things out together. Some people might be wrong, some might be right.

Sometimes I experienced something and then read a total different experience from someone else here, which is of course possible.

So that was the server with the camp? Right on. Looking for your camp will give me something to do . . . I'm not in it to lag it up or steal anything. But, I do have some nice photo ideas in mind.

I was right about the location but he asked me not to tell anyone so have fun searching. :) Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

edit: I just found the ignore function. Thank god, finally save from the stupidity of that guy.

If you have a problem with any specific member on this forum, feel free to use the report function to make us staff aware of the problem, resorting to insulting other members isn't the appropriate way of going about this and makes yourself look like the stupid one in this case.

• Like 6

Various testing has led me to believe that since EXP, only items on the ground account for whether something respawns or not.

Items in players hands and in camps are being ignored. At least this has been the case with high grade military loot.

Right.  That's not in question atm.  We're trying to figure out if the respawn of non-tents/barrels/packs, non-player inventory items is not working properly.  Until there's some base line metric provided it is all up to perception, which is terribly inaccurate and misleading.

If you have a problem with any specific member on this forum, feel free to use the report function to make us staff aware of the problem, resorting to insulting other members isn't the appropriate way of going about this and makes yourself look like the stupid one in this case.

Yes. I am done with said person, so nevermind me. He ignores me, I ignore him, everyones happy now.

We're trying to figure out if the respawn of non-tents/barrels/packs, non-player inventory items is not working properly.  Until there's some base line metric provided it is all up to perception, which is terribly inaccurate and misleading.

In all my round about 100 hours of stable and EXP combined, I have not seen stuff despawn and get replaced with something new a single time.

I could visit a random village on a low pop right now and still recognize some items that were there 2 weeks ago already in some houses.

It apparently got worse because yesterday I found a pair of binoculars that I had dropped on the middle of the road, because I (maybe wrongly?) remembered those to despawn on their own after a while.

Edited by jayfkay

I was right about the location but he asked me not to tell anyone so have fun searching. :)

Reread the PM. I had posted twice and I'm guessing you missed the first one.

• Like 1

Wolf packs - large mean Siberian type wolves would be awesome. But if we have to deal with them, we should be able to skin and quarter them, and end up with meat and a nice fur wolf pelt we can make into coats, hats, etc. 

• Like 1

In the sense that "stuff on the ground" impacts spawn rate, camps are, indeed affecting spawn rates. There have been tales already about camps with tons of guns lying on the ground and not despawning for days. This means those weapons count against the respawn.

The issue with duct tape not de-spawning, has been marked as fixed on the change log.

Presumably, this fix will also address the more general concern(s) with the CLE clean up mechanism.

• Like 1

There are never more than 3 as far as I can tell. I'd be more than happy to let you ride shotgun on my route. If you don't walk away having seen at least two choppers, you get double your money back. My dad used to say that when he made us kids breakfast. 

EDIT: Also, been meaning to ask, has anyone seen a Hunting Bag? I've checked a solid 50 (perhaps more even) deerstands and feeding stations now and haven't seen any. Not a big deal, just curious. 

Cheers.

I actually found one today...you know...when I wasn't bothering my arse looking for them anymore. :lol: But there was just a couple of mags and some rickety boots.

As for the hunting bag, I found one in one of those large sheds with no doors. It was wrecked though so I left it. Pity. They're the best bag in the game.

Cheers.

I actually found one today...you know...when I wasn't bothering my arse looking for them anymore. :lol: But there was just a couple of mags and some rickety boots.

As for the hunting bag, I found one in one of those large sheds with no doors. It was wrecked though so I left it. Pity. They're the best bag in the game.

Yep, I've been totin' around a hunting pack and a smersh vest/pack combo since 0.58 hit stable.

In the sense that "stuff on the ground" impacts spawn rate, camps are, indeed affecting spawn rates. There have been tales already about camps with tons of guns lying on the ground and not despawning for days. This means those weapons count against the respawn.

As I said - stuff on the ground does. Stuff inside barrels, tents or player inventories doesnt.

I dont know why, but thats just how it is at the moment.

Edited by jayfkay

Since .58 was implemented I have had very little luck cooking steaks they go from raw to ruined the instant they change color. I must be missing something that has changed but even when I use a pot the same situation holds true. Any suggestion or guidance would be appreciated. Since there seems to be a good population of cows running around I generally kill the whole herd for sport and butcher one in the hope that I can successfully cook a rack of steaks.  :(

Edited by Xbow

In case anyone cares, it might get overlooked by some.

Coloring leather does work and there is two options: brown and black, with 3 different shades in total for some reason.

Link

• Like 1

In case anyone cares, it might get overlooked by some.

Coloring leather does work and there is two options: brown and black, with 3 different shades in total for some reason.

I might give it a try thanks for the info 

I know where that is too... pretty sure my last exp. camp was in the same location.  Now off to find that server, heh. 59, 58, 57, 56........

Behold! My Megadesktrov! If you don't get the reference, that's ok. Not everyone showed up for work this build. (Stupid zambeez.)

WO3TUH9.jpg

'Im on the same server as ColdAtrophy right now.  Wonder if it's the one with his camp.  If so, I swear I'm gonna scour the map and take a picture of myself in front of his camp.   :D

I know where that is too... pretty sure my last exp. camp was in the same location.  Now off to find that server, heh. 59, 58, 57, 56........

DAMMIT!#@  I ran around for 3 hours looking for it today, but kept finding helicrashes (I logged in in the SE).  Every time I head west, I find a helicrash and then head back to my camp (which is central) to drop off the loot.  I'm never gonna find it!!  :(

• Like 1

Reread the PM. I had posted twice and I'm guessing you missed the first one.

Wow, how did I miss that. Guess I need to make a appointment at the optician.

To be honest I'm very surprised that it was wrong because it exactly looks like the campsite I told you about.

DAMMIT!#@  I ran around for 3 hours looking for it today, but kept finding helicrashes (I logged in in the SE).  Every time I head west, I find a helicrash and then head back to my camp (which is central) to drop off the loot.  I'm never gonna find it!!   :(

Despite my wrong guess and our incident the other the day ColdAtrophy told me.

I never been at that specific location but I will visit it as soon as I start playing again (might be experimental).

I'm not going to give you any hints or anything, I'll let that job over to ColdAtrophy.

And the reason for this is simple, I want to know how good this location is myself.

It's different from the locations what we/I usually choose so I'm curious about it. :)

• Like 3

I'm not going to give you any hints or anything, I'll let that job over to ColdAtrophy.

And the reason for this is simple, I want to know how good this location is myself.

It's different from the locations what we/I usually choose so I'm curious about it. :)

Well, I spent most of the morning trying not to freeze  to death (success), not to melt my face off (unsuccessful), stay fed since I was constantly soaking wet (success), and find a truck (9th spawn point I checked -finally).  When the sun is up on the server, I'm gonna drive around to the spots I think are likely.  Already crossed my first 2 guesses off my list.

I was under the impression that police cars always spawned with the trunk closed.  Found hundreds in my life.  Found a newly spawned one last night, but the trunk was open.  The only other person on the server said they weren't nearby.  Did a hopper sneak in when I wasn't looking?  Or, can police cars spawn with the trunk open?

More SteamDB activity for experimentalprep. Cross your fingers!

• Like 4