boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

4.2mb DL'd from Steam? :huh:

Edit: Seeing - 58.129488

Servers are up.

I believe the character I loaded was a prior experimental 1PP character, so no wipe.

Should we get a new thread or re-open the old Exp .58, Boneboys?

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 5

As I said - stuff on the ground does. Stuff inside barrels, tents or player inventories doesnt.

I dont know why, but thats just how it is at the moment.

To be clear, you said "camps," you didn't specify barrels and tents. Many people's camps seem to include piles of guns on the ground - this is impacting spawn rates for these items. If there are a ton of M4's and Aug's on the ground in someone's camp, they will not respawn at crash sites, etc...

Weapons on the ground should really be cleaned up every 4 hours, at least.

Edited by entspeak

Boneboys:

I found a bug, its a minor thing. I post it here or wait for new topic ?

You should report it in the feedback tracker - where you report bugs. Reporting bugs here may be good for discussion, but the devs won't see it.

You should report it in the feedback tracker - where you report bugs. Reporting bugs here may be good for discussion, but the devs won't see it.

They read the threads too!!

Seeing - 58.129488

Servers are up.

I believe the character I loaded was a prior experimental 1PP character, so no wipe.

Thanks for the info, buddy :) Going up on the wiki now.

They read the threads too!!

Yes, but the point is, this isn't the place to report bugs. :)

• Like 1

It loaded the actual normal stable character...

It loaded the actual normal stable character...

nope, it loaded the "old" exp toons.

EDIT: if you join exp. servers not the stable servers

Edited by wasnu

nope, it loaded the "old" exp toons

Since all Servers went to the normal 0.58 stable, i kept playing on exp mode in steam, but i was able to join all stable servers...

after the 4,2 MB patch i played on the same server and same spot with same equipment with that i'm logged out yesterday evening.

Since all Servers went to the normal 0.58 stable, i kept playing on exp mode in steam, but i was able to join all stable servers...

after the 4,2 MB patch i played on the same server and same spot with same equipment with that i'm logged out yesterday evening.

Yeah but the question is if the fix only works on the experimental servers atm or not?!

Yeah but the question is if the fix only works on the experimental servers atm or not?!

If the server software is different I would assume you would need to play the exp build on exp servers for full fix effect.

• Like 1

If the server software is different I would assume you would need to play the exp build on exp servers for full fix effect.

Yes thats what i mean its a different Version number but i wasen´t sure if thats the case.

Can you tell me, whether improvised backpacks are peristent or not? Due to the lack of other backpacks on my server I used them to build up a little camp, containing two improvised backpacks.

First I thought, that the camp was simply raided by other players but the backpacks are completely gone and I don't think thaht players would take the backpacks with them. (Camp at the far north, didn't see any newbies arround there since 0.58). The Server does not look like there was a peristence wipe today.

Can you say sth. about it or maybe test it on your own? Don't want to write sth. at the bug-tracker as long as I am not sure about it.

Edited by R. Hartenstein

Can you tell me, whether improvised backpacks are peristent or not? Due to the lack of other backpacks on my server I used them to build up a little camp, containing two improvised backpacks.

First I thought, that the camp was simply raided by other players but the backpacks are completely gone and I don't think thaht players would take the backpacks with them. (Camp at the far north, didn't see any newbies arround there since 0.58). The Server does not look like there was a peristence wipe today.

Can you say sth. about it or maybe test it on your own? Don't want to write sth. at the bug-tracker as long as I am not sure about it.

How long were they on the ground without interaction? I have quite a few improvised backpacks and as far as I can tell they are all still there, but I mess with them every day or so. Sounds like with the new exp build backpacks and guns on ground clean up a lot faster. Gonna have to prioritize my barrel inventories. Probably start using a few more tents as well. Wish the civilian tent wasn't so attention grabbing. A small military camo pup tent would be nice as well, like the ones in tent cities that are just for show.

How long were they on the ground without interaction? I have quite a few improvised backpacks and as far as I can tell they are all still there, but I mess with them every day or so. Sounds like with the new exp build backpacks and guns on ground clean up a lot faster. Gonna have to prioritize my barrel inventories. Probably start using a few more tents as well. Wish the civilian tent wasn't so attention grabbing. A small military camo pup tent would be nice as well, like the ones in tent cities that are just for show.

They were untouched for arround 4 hours. Had the same thing with another packpack earlier this week. This one was empty so I thought it might be dissapeared cause of the normal cleanup. Is there maybe a limit to protect the server of to much traffic? If you use normal backpacks, they won't respawn as long as they are in use but theroetically you could craft an endless number of improvised backpacks.

When did you set up your camp? I'm playing on a high-pop server. If there is a limit, it might have been reached by the players, which have already set up their camps in the early days of 0.58.

Edited by R. Hartenstein

How is it that Dayz knows exactly what you are looking for, and makes it ridiculously hard to find, and then when you are not looking for it, it's all over the place (almost). The other day I was finding lock picks galore and now that I want one... nada.

Although, looking for lock picks and found a pristine hunter backpack, so I guess it's not so bad  :D

• Like 3

They were untouched for arround 4 hours. Had the same thing with another packpack earlier this week. This one was empty so I thought it might be dissapeared cause of the normal cleanup.

Hmm, I have had improvised backpacks, Taloon and Sposn on the ground untouched for 10 hours or more and they were still there. Are you sure they are well hidden? I mean far enough in the tree or wherever that they can't be seen by someone running by? I have one empty improvised on the ground as well, don't think it should matter if it has items in it?

Your spot may be compromised, might want to scout out a new camp...

I would think so too but the first backpack despawned after ~30mins. I was growing some tomatos 100m away from the spot, where the backpack was - no other player nearby. There are also reports in the tracker about whole camps despawning (tents, backpacks, barrels). I can imagine several reasons for this but maybe the hotfix is already concerning this problem. I will try it again after the fix gets to stable.

Hello dear Bohemia! I am writing to you from Russia.

Today I ran DayZ SA, to enjoy the new patch 0.58, but was very disappointed the new interface of the camera.

The camera is now mixed and rides every time I run, or take up arms to aim. It causes nausea.
I think that the camera interface, and the sight was perfect in patch 0.57. The sight became close, and is now attracting a lot of attention.

Please return the old settings or give the ability to disable such innovations.
I hope that the players will support me.  :(

How do the vehicle spawn mechanics actually work as of patch 0.58? Does anybody know?

Is it just the 10 or so vehicles spawn at hive reset and that's it? Will they ever "respawn" and when? what about vehicles broken beyond repair? what about the ones that are flipped/stuck?

Any information on this is highly appreciated.

Hello dear Bohemia! I am writing to you from Russia.

Today I ran DayZ SA, to enjoy the new patch 0.58, but was very disappointed the new interface of the camera.

The camera is now mixed and rides every time I run, or take up arms to aim. It causes nausea.
I think that the camera interface, and the sight was perfect in patch 0.57. The sight became close, and is now attracting a lot of attention.

Please return the old settings or give the ability to disable such innovations.
I hope that the players will support me.  :(

Did you check Head Bob? The "camera ride" should stop, if you disable Head Bob. (Configure --> Gameplay).

Edited by R. Hartenstein
  • Like 1