boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

I thought I read somewhere (could be wrong) that zeds spawns aren't client based. It may be that they can update servers to add them without the need for a new client.

They aren't client based anymore, but they would still need to turn them back on and I doubt they will do that outside of a full patch that involves rigorous Experimental testing.

I won't be able to play this until this evening, so I could use some help answering a few things:

-What build is on Stable now? (is it still 0.58.129143?)

-Is there still a crash/error message upon exiting the game?

I won't be able to play this until this evening, so I could use some help answering a few things:

-What build is on Stable now? (is it still 0.58.129143?)

-Is there still a crash/error message upon exiting the game?

Gonna check it for you right now, will post back in a few minutes.

Edit: 0.58.129143 and yes the message is still there.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

Ya, everyone is excited about increased rarity of guns. 

Wait till you find out no Zombies.

Masses probably won't care as they can loot easier, and go pvp...

Gonna check it for you right now, will post back in a few minutes.

Edit: 0.58.129143 and yes the message is still there.

Thanks, IMT :)

• Like 1

Ya, everyone is excited about increased rarity of guns. 

Wait till you find out no Zombies.

Masses probably won't care as they can loot easier, and go pvp...

I guess guns were pretty prolific in 0.57 but compared to earlier patches, we are still practically tripping over guns. You can amass an arsenal fairly easily.

• Like 3

Thanks, IMT :)

My pleasure, am still waiting to get started so it was no effort. :lol:

While we all wait to get started, what is everyone's plan?

I think I'll get a truck as soon as possible and depending on the spawn visit a military area.

I guess guns were pretty prolific in 0.57 but compared to earlier patches, we are still practically tripping over guns. You can amass an arsenal fairly easily.

For Alpha that's GOOD, as we can TEST all current items without investing huge amounts of time and dying to bugs and all that. Though by the time we hit BETA, the game should be going for balance, for now I don't give a fuck how they manage loot, it could be a level above .58 and I wouldn't care. We're all TESTING the game, not playing it.

• Like 1

Agreed, ammo is even easier to get it seems. As is mags for practically ever weapon. Perhaps going to stable they will make adjustments to the CLE. Since it is no longer tied to patches and can update on the fly. If they would add zombies back, perhaps it wouldn't seem we have enough guns as we had two things to combat.

My pleasure, am still waiting to get started so it was no effort. :lol:

While we all wait to get started, what is everyone's plan?

I think I'll get a truck as soon as possible and depending on the spawn visit a military area.

Scour towns for a Winchester Model 70. Most likely visit tons of Deer Stands as well for a Hunting Scope. I'll settle for another bolt action need be. Then I'll creep into some of the cities and visit their Guardposts for some military gear.

• Like 1

For Alpha that's GOOD, as we can TEST all current items without investing huge amounts of time and dying to bugs and all that. Though by the time we hit BETA, the game should be going for balance, for now I don't give a fuck how they manage loot, it could be a level above .58 and I wouldn't care. We're all TESTING the game, not playing it.

well, then you should hit experimental more often. Stable is less for testing, but for playing and finetuning the work-in-progress. Or do you want to test how to die of boredom most easily? Then 0.57 was the perfect patch for you, granted...

Scour towns for a Winchester Model 70. Most likely visit tons of Deer Stands as well for a Hunting Scope. I'll settle for another bolt action need be. Then I'll creep into some of the cities and visit their Guardposts for some military gear.

Your about to be dissapointed by those guard houses...

• Like 3

Does someone know by the way what this problem is and what causes it?

axNnJKu.jpg

It started when I got my new graphics card and yes I have the correct driver.

pretty spot on, yes. 0.57 was dull. Go to guardhouse, gear, done.... then the only possibility left was to look for someone to shoot, since loot was so overabundant, that the survival element was simply gone.

• Like 1

I agree. I wasn't criticizing. Just making a statement of observation regarding the notion that guns are rare.

Agreed, ammo is even easier to get it seems. As is mags for practically ever weapon. Perhaps going to stable they will make adjustments to the CLE. Since it is no longer tied to patches and can update on the fly. If they would add zombies back, perhaps it wouldn't seem we have enough guns as we had two things to combat.

I am quite sure CLE will see many adjustments on the fly. They designed the system to allow them to do whatever they need to without any real hiccups for servers or clients as I see you are aware.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

What GPU and OS are you using?

What GPU and OS are you using?

Club 3D HD 7870 XT jokerCard and Windows 8.1.

It started when I got my new graphics card and yes I have the correct driver.

I believe it has something to do with one of the launch options, -nopause -nosplash or -skipintro

Try changing the order or switching them up

• Like 2

Club 3D HD 7870 XT jokerCard and Windows 8.1.

Hmmm. I'm getting an extended black screen on the main menu lately with Windows 10 and a GTX 970 just like your just with black instead of that blue. Let's see if anyone else posts about it. It may just be an issue with the new tech for the UI that is being implemented.

I believe it has something to do with one of the launch options, -nopause -nosplash or -skipintro

Try changing the order or switching them up

Hmmm. I'm getting an extended black screen on the main menu lately with Windows 10 and a GTX 970 just like your just with black instead of that blue. Let's see if anyone else posts about it. It may just be an issue with the new tech for the UI that is being implemented.

Like GaryWalnuts said it's because of a/the launch options. I removed them all and now I can see my character holding a Spite can as a gun :lol:

Well, guess I'm going to do something else in the meantime. Such bummer, much dissapointment. :lol:

Edited by IMT

now I can see my character holding a Spite can as a gun :lol:

I don't think the ammo for that is in game yet  :P

• Like 1

I don't think the ammo for that is in game yet  :P

Don't need ammo for it, I will just throw the full can against survivors their heads. :)

Oh, very nice to see .58 Stable.   I can't wait to jump on tonight!