boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

So I thought that tents are persistent now?! I just arrived at my campsite only to see that all my tents are gone :-( how's this possible?! I've been using the camp for about a week now and everything was fine, and now it just disappears?!

Completely ruined the fun I found in DayZ in the past couple days...

So I thought that tents are persistent now?! I just arrived at my campsite only to see that all my tents are gone :-( how's this possible?! I've been using the camp for about a week now and everything was fine, and now it just disappears?!

Same thing happened to me on day one of the patch. I think it's because BI gave the server owners the ability to wipe persistence at will.

• Like 2

So now that we're talking about issue in .58 i have to say, i am so confused about people having different experience. i explain my experience that i had so far:

1. issues regarding loot:

5) The CLE. In general, it seems to be working just fine. However, I'm not a fan of the fact that hoppers can take from our server's economy and we still seem to have that item counted against us. No SVD or M4 has been found after checking every Quonset multiple times per day since we started the server Friday and finding at least 30-40 choppers. I can't be on 24/7 and I'm betting these items did spawn at one time based on what I saw in Experimental, but the hoppers got them and now we can't seem to find them. I also take particular issue with the idea of camps being counted by the CLE. 

i'm so confused by this, some servers seem to have a decent loot cycle some don't, some have loot and some don't etc. but i do think the main issue of all this are:

a) Clean-up system and maximum item per building: so, basically there are some loots that don't despawn at all. most of the times ruined loot, loots the dropped by people inside buildings so the building reach maximum amount of loot in it and it just dont spawn anything else. 

B) Heli-crash sites: so basically this dynamic event wipe every loot around it.

also it seems guns having a very long clean-up timer are causing issues and sometimes i think they don't despawn at all. this may explain why @ColdAtrophy's squad having trouble finding m4's and stuff, i think because those guns are somewhere on or in the ground thus make server unable to respawn that item again. i didn't know items inside storage counts, that maybe the cause loots are so sacred specially in private shards. 

also im so confused in some loot positioning, i never found a gun inside the old barracks yet, there are only clothes. police stations either spawn jackets or pants and not both, some tents only spawn hats, an structure in military tent that only spawns clothing and chests, no food and a lot of bottle of water inside supermarkets and this list goes and goes ...

2. Session lost: so sometimes i get this weird issue that afte 5-10 minute of playing, i get "message not recieved for 10-11 seconds" and it disappears, everything is find for 2-3 sec, then it appears again. i rubberband all over the place because of it. looks like it get worse in some location of some servers. like the other day i was in a public server with loot explosion and i got this session lost, i relog but i got red line of "TheV is losing connection" bottom left corner of the screen. i died multiple times because of it.

---------------------------------

Same thing happened to me on day one of the patch. I think it's because BI gave the server owners the ability to wipe persistence at will.

i also had similar issue, my very first camp which i had an Aug with ammo ans so much more loot got wiped. then the server renamed itself and kick everyone upon loggin in. i think best place to place a camp is probably an official server 

Edited by VahidkinG

I don't know what some people are complaining about here. I play on a private hive and respawns are working. Found no lootgasms or glitches yet. We are equipped to the teeth, have half a dozen camps and two trucks that take us where we need. The framerate for the three of us is much better and the desync is too; a couple of months ago we would rubberband when running next to each other - no more. 

Thats exactly what im thinking. Well people always whine. I hope Devs dont focus too mutch to negative feedback that is allaround this game.

I usually play all exp versions and since the release I looted up characters on many different servers. The loot on some private hive servers feels really different from the majority of servers (including the exp versions just before the release to stable). While this is no proof that there is a problem I think it's good that the devs look look into this.

• Like 2

I don't know what some people are complaining about here. I play on a private hive and respawns are working. Found no lootgasms or glitches yet. We are equipped to the teeth, have half a dozen camps and two trucks that take us where we need. The framerate for the three of us is much better and the desync is too; a couple of months ago we would rubberband when running next to each other - no more.

There is so much new stuff in the game, yet most people don't even seem to notice it. Nobody says how great the 12 hour servertimes are, nobody says: hooray the tents are fixed! Complaints, complaints, complaints - some people need to learn to enjoy what they have, instead of wanting what they can't have yet. I'm pretty sure there will be a game at the end of this development! A good one! I'm also pretty sure it won't be ready when we want it to - but I don't care. I'm loving Dayz and having a good time with friends, even as the PvP simulator we have now.

Yes, zombies missing is a bummer and we all feel that way. But I'd rather have them fixed good than just spawned as events/triggered, like in the Exile video that went around a few days ago. Devs are trying to give them problem solving capability+advanced pathfinding. Games usually don't do that. Usually you walk through a trigger and a hundred zombies spawn around you. We are trying to get away from these game standards, so that Dayz can be a better game.

I sometimes think the devs have a bit too much ambition with these things, but slowly I see this game coming together as intended. Yes, they are bad at setting goals and imho are wasting our time with showing timetables which they never meet. But they are still working on Dayz - the antigame. They haven't gone off course and should not be punished for doing the right thing. I do agree however that it's a bit curious what get's broken on a patch to patch basis (e.g. I can't put combat knifes in boots - something which worked all the way down, since 0.55, I think); it still puzzles me, how these kind of things get repeatedly broken. But for everyone who just whines and complains - you are not paying attention to detail and/or the bigger picture. This game is working better than ever, I think some of you might need to find better servers, though.

You're probably right but I only complained about the desync issue with camps. And yes I know you're talking in general but still.

And I do appreciate the new things but I already saw them in Experimental. :)

We do have the same opinion about DayZ. I don't care that if it takes longer. I'm having already a lot of fun at the moment, imagine when the game gets released.

People only look at the negative aspects and completely ignore the positive.

I agree on the timeline though. So developers please just say next time: "when it's finished". If the people don't like that they can fit in or fuck off. :lol:

In general, there are some complaints going around that are petty bullshit. However, there also some legit gripes. Maybe you've been lucky, but most of us are having some pretty extreme problems. For example:

1) Desync related fall damage. My buddy died on the roof of a hospital the other day while we were right next to him. His pants and boots were ruined. I got a broken leg just standing on the roof of a police station the day before that. This desync did not seem to be so common in 0.55 or 0.57.

2) Rubberbanding. A least once per play session, everyone on the server is getting rolled back a good 50 feet. A buddy of mine got rolled back into a deer stand while he was running on the ground and broke his leg because of it. While another friend and I were driving two separate trucks, we both got a huge lag spike and crashed into stuff off the road, popping the tires on our trucks and seriously hampering our current mission.

3) The camp lag is real. One friend of ours is no longer allowed access to the camp. Every time he goes up to it, he gets kicked from the server. The last time I went up there, I was teleporting within a 100 meter radius around the camp for about 3 minutes.

4) No infected. I don't think we need to talk about this more than it already has been discussed.

5) The CLE. In general, it seems to be working just fine. However, I'm not a fan of the fact that hoppers can take from our server's economy and we still seem to have that item counted against us. No SVD or M4 has been found after checking every Quonset multiple times per day since we started the server Friday and finding at least 30-40 choppers. I can't be on 24/7 and I'm betting these items did spawn at one time based on what I saw in Experimental, but the hoppers got them and now we can't seem to find them. I also take particular issue with the idea of camps being counted by the CLE.

6) Passenger desync in vehicles is way worse than ever before. I didn't have these kinds of problems in 0.55, but now that server performance has increased by 400% I do. (?) Yesterday my friend was driving and it showed him hit a telephone pole that he didn't actually hit. That would be okay if it weren't for the fact that my client counted the hit, even though we teleported on my screen right after to where he actually was, and it ruined my pants, boots and messed up my leg.

There are a lot of problems in this patch that quite severely limit what a player can safely do. While I don't think vitriol is in order, talking about it is exactly what we are all supposed to be doing in here.

1, 2 and 6 are very easy: these problems are either on your side or on the server side and aren't caused by the developers or the game.

I haven't had any of these problems at all except for 6 but in the end it didn't ruin my stuff or what ever.

And that's because I play on very high ping servers to play with a few people from those locations.

Even with a high ping, I'm not facing the problems you describe in 1 and 2.

3) is a problem indeed but they are fixing this. Better fix it now than in 0.59 so it has a positive side now.

4) Stop nagging about this even though it is a zombie survival game. It is an alpha and have you ever read the message you need to click away everytime? You either didn't, didn't read it correctly, don't get it or ignore it.

5) There aren't that many hoppers because I have been at the airfield and Myshkino tents a few times for approximately an hour and never saw a player. And I play on low populated servers which are mostly victim of these hoppers. The SVD and M4 are rare and should be rare, you will find one eventually. Finding these guns are an achievement at the moment, just the way it needs to be.

They might have been stolen or despawned because you didn't reset the timer by interacting with the container.

And I don't think server owners can reset persistence because by this way they have a very unfair advantage over normal players.

Edited by IMT

You're probably right but I only complained about the desync issue with camps. And yes I know you're talking in general but still.

And I do appreciate the new things but I already saw them in Experimental. :)

We do have the same opinion about DayZ. I don't care that if it takes longer. I'm having already a lot of fun at the moment, imagine when the game gets released.

People only look at the negative aspects and completely ignore the positive.

I agree on the timeline though. So developers please just say next time: "when it's finished". If the people don't like that they can fit in or fuck off. :lol:

1, 2 and 6 are very easy: these problems are either on your side or on the server side and aren't caused by the developers or the game.

I haven't had any of these problems at all except for 6 but in the end it didn't ruin my stuff or what ever.

And that's because I play on very high ping servers to play with a few people from those locations.

3) is a problem indeed but they are fixing this. Better fix it now than in 0.59 so it has a positive side now.

4) Stop nagging about this even though it is a zombie survival game. It is an alpha and have you ever read the message you need to click away everytime? You either didn't, didn't read it correctly, don't get it or ignore it.

5) There aren't that many hoppers because I have been at the airfield and Myshkino tents a few times for approximately an hour and never saw a player. And I play on low populated servers which are mostly victim of these hoppers. The SVD and M4 are rare and should be rare, you will find one eventually. Finding these guns are an achievement at the moment, just the way it needs to be.

They might have been stolen or despawned because you didn't reset the timer by interacting with the container.

And I don't think server owners can reset persistence because by this way they have a very unfair advantage over normal players.

i don't want to completely be denial about what you said but i do not think Optimism is gonna help the game in any way.

there is indeed something causing that rubberbanding, session lost or other issues from 1 and 2 (reference to Cold post) that is connected to the game, be it a bug or unfinished feature. because we don't have such issues in any other games.

also M4's that cold mentioned are missing from the server or being unable to find any, there is indeed something directly or indirectly causing this. (read my perv post about my theory) 

anyway, while being optimistic is not gonna help the game, whining and bitching about everything in this game won't help either. in my opinion, the best way to approach this is to report issue without judging devs and gently.  

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 1

I fresh spawned on her /r/DayZUnderground server this morning.  Usually a full server at the right time of day.  Ran from Elektro to Cherno (and all burbs), along the S coastal towns, Prison Island, and over to Kamenka.  Did not see a single long gun and only saw three boxes/piles of ammo (other than police cars).  Yeah, I know, it's the coast, but that's ridiculous.  Something is definitely wrong with the CLE/private hives.

Yikes. You do know that 0.58 has no "reset timer" feature correct? That's why Hicks had to lay out a list of everything that would last for 45 days. Server owners can reset persistence. At will. Look into it.

You know what man? I've about had it with you telling me what I can and can't talk about. This is the second time you've insulted me with regard to the barest mention of zombies and I'd appreciate it if you would keep your comments to yourself. Did I go on about it for paragraphs? Hell no. I mentioned it as a perceived problem with the build which was necessary based on the context of the post I'd replied to.

If you could please explain to me how server side problems are definitely not caused by the game (most ridiculous assumption I've seen in awhile now), I'd greatly appreciate it. Are you a dev? Do you have a networking degree? Are you privy to the architecture of the server farms that we rent from? How about server files? Do you get access to those? Are you able to analyze and pore over thousands of log files to see the bigger picture? I didn't think so. How about you stop pretending that you know something that the rest of us don't.

You haven't had problems so it must be everyone else, huh? If only I had a dollar every time I'd seen someone try to defend a broken piece of software with this exact same argument. I'm no stranger to playing games online and I spent years hanging out at a small ISP and learning a ton of stuff because the guys that worked there had nothing but time on their hands. My line quality is top notch and my bandwidth is more than sufficient. 

I am intimately familiar with the terminology involved in build states. That doesn't mean that every single problem should be ignored. I mean, what the fuck is the thread for if not for discussing the state of the build? The next time you feel the need to talk to me like I'm some idiot shitheel that can't read and comprehend my native tongue, do us all a favor: don't. I keep the majority of my gripes with this game well in check. I'd advise you to do the same with your superiority complex. 

EDIT: Oh and I brought up the M4 and SVD thing, because one could come by them quite easily early on in the patch on Stable (found M4 day one on 1PP hive) and on Experimental (found 3 SVDs on 1PP over two days). I know they should be rare. I just get annoyed watching the player list and seeing someone hang around for 5 minutes and leave, over and over and over and over. Then I go to look for rarer loot and there isn't shit. I wonder why?

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

i don't want to completely be denial about what you said but i do not think Optimism is gonna help the game in any way.

there is indeed something causing that rubberbanding, session lost or other issues from 1 and 2 (reference to Cold post) that is connected to the game, be it a bug or unfinished feature. because we don't have such issues in any other games.

also M4's that cold mentioned are missing from the server or being unable to find any, there is indeed something directly or indirectly causing this. (read my perv post about my theory) 

anyway, while being optimistic is not gonna help the game, whining and bitching about everything in this game won't help either. in my opinion, the best way to approach this is to report issue without judging devs and gently.

I am not optimistic, I barely hear people complain about rubberbanding and desync. In fact, people are saying it improved a lot lately.

And aparently you aren't reading everything (here). I do have a M4 and posted screenshots of it so did others. It is on a different respawn timer and will only respawn once every four hours if I'm correct.

Yikes. You do know that 0.58 has no "reset timer" feature correct? That's why Hicks had to lay out a list of everything that would last for 45 days. Server owners can reset persistence. At will. Look into it.

You know what man? I've about had it with you telling me what I can and can't talk about. This is the second time you've insulted me with regard to the barest mention of zombies and I'd appreciate it if you would keep your comments to yourself. Did I go on about it for paragraphs? Hell no. I mentioned it as a perceived problem with the build which was necessary based on the context of the post I'd replied to.

If you could please explain to me how server side problems are definitely not caused by the game (most ridiculous assumption I've seen in awhile now), I'd greatly appreciate it. Are you a dev? Do you have a networking degree? Are you privy to the architecture of the server farms that we rent from? How about server files? Do you get access to those? Are you able to analyze and pore over thousands of log files to see the bigger picture? I didn't think so. How about you stop pretending that you know something that the rest of us don't.

You haven't had problems so it must be everyone else, huh? If only I had a dollar every time I'd seen someone try to defend a broken piece of software with this exact same argument. I'm no stranger to playing games online and I spent years hanging out at a small ISP and learning a ton of stuff because the guys that worked there had nothing but time on their hands. My line quality is top notch and my bandwidth is more than sufficient. 

I am intimately familiar with the terminology involved in build states. That doesn't mean that every single problem should be ignored. I mean, what the fuck is the thread for if not for discussing the state of the build? The next time you feel the need to talk to me like I'm some idiot shitheel that can't read and comprehend my native tongue, do us all a favor: don't. I keep the majority of my gripes with this game well in check. I'd advise you to do the same with your superiority complex.

The 45 days were at Experimental, in Stable they would be much lower. And since when can they reset persistence? I haven't read the changed server rules yet so you might be right.

I'm "insulting" you for a reason. You keep complaining about these infected over and over again and it is starting to annoy me. And to be honest this is a forum after all, you mentioned it so I can comment on it. If you don't want any feedback on your opinions then just don't post them!

And you're saying I need to stop insulting you? For the record, I have a degree in IT. I know about networks, software development and a ton of other stuff.

It is not because I don't have the problem there is none. No, it's because no one else mentioned those problems lately. Then the possibilities are limited to either the server hoster (so not the server files) their hardware, network, etc. or the person itself.

I don't act superior, I hate it when people with a lack of knowledge bash everything to the ground.

IMT and ColdAtrophy, I like you boths.... pleased to not make with bickerings. :(

I have nothing against ColdAtrophy or have any hate towards him. If he feels that way, he shouldn't. Edited by IMT

I'm "insulting" you for a reason. You keep complaining about these infected over and over again and it is starting to annoy me. And to be honest this is a forum after all, you mentioned it so I can comment on it. If you don't want any feedback on your opinions then just don't post them!

I'm sorry. I don't recall subjecting anyone to that other than a few rather mild comments weeks ago.

The 45 days were at Experimental, in Stable they would be much lower. And since when can they reset persistence? I haven't read the changed server rules yet so you might be right.

It was for both. You should read the Weekly Status Reports and catch up on the devtracker every now and then. 

it's because no one else mentioned those problems lately. 

Based on your general lack of current information, I guess I won't hammer you too hard for not reading the many comments that people have been posting here, Reddit, Twitter, and (allegedly, haven't seen for myself) in private DayZ community forums.

For the record, I have a degree in IT. I know about networks, software development and a ton of other stuff.

Then you should know better than anyone that these are incredibly complex systems that can have issues even when the software is released. Without inside knowledge that you are not privy to, you literally cannot tell me where the problem is and for you to suggest otherwise reveals a serious flaw in your logic. 

This is not going to turn into a back and forth. I've said everything I need to say. The next time you want to jump my shit because I merely mention infected or lack thereof, I'm just going to block your further posts. I guess, outside of asking you to be reasonable, that's all I can do. 

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

I was able to place a Chest Holster with a Magnum inside of a Press Vest. Is this supposed to happen?

It's not very practical and I did it on accident, but I'm just curious if it's a bug.

Does the fact that the gun is inside the holster really change the size of it that much?  Considering it's already 2x2, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to put it inside another container.

i also had similar issue, my very first camp which i had an Aug with ammo ans so much more loot got wiped. then the server renamed itself and kick everyone upon loggin in.

I so hate that this issue is not tackled... yes, report the server. The server owners will be very interested in loosing a paying customer.... this is like asking an alcoholic to guard a beer depot. I wonder why they even bothered with the new rules for server owners. And why forum mods keep referring to "reporting the server" ;=)    I do wonder, if ANY server ever has been taken down for this reason. ;)

Let's get it over with: Nothing will be done, we just have to pick different servers and accept it as part of the game.

At least they are active against cheaters, kudos to the devs here.

But this leads off topic, so I don't want to continue this here.

• Like 2

I so hate that this issue is not tackled... yes, report the server. The server owners will be very interested in loosing a paying customer.... this is like asking an alcoholic to guard a beer depot. I wonder why they even bothered with the new rules for server owners. And why forum mods keep referring to "reporting the server" ;=)    I do wonder, if ANY server ever has been taken down for this reason. ;)

Let's get it over with: Nothing will be done, we just have to pick different servers and accept it as part of the game.

At least they are active against cheaters, kudos to the devs here.

But this leads off topic, so I don't want to continue this here.

i reported some servers (with vid) since last week and all that i reported are now joinable. 

and i love to let my toon stay afk on these servers to spook the admins.

it works much better then ever, BI takes care of it and this is what I want.

EDIT: the time before you cant add them on the feedbacktracker i tried 15 times "conversation" with solid videos with the server providers, it was like blowing against the wind.  you are right, the hosters get their money from these bricks and will do NOTHING.

This has changed to an good path

Edited by wasnu

I am not optimistic, I barely hear people complain about rubberbanding and desync. In fact, people are saying it improved a lot lately.

And aparently you aren't reading everything (here). I do have a M4 and posted screenshots of it so did others. It is on a different respawn timer and will only respawn once every four hours if I'm correct.

Im not saying they dont spawn at all, im saying (from what i seen) that they stop being re spawn after a while or they are on the ground somewhere and not cleaned up.

to be honest, if your coming across 30-40 (as cold mentioned) heli spawn points, and you cant find a weapon out of it, then you either have Very extremely bad luck or there is something wrong with the system. which i believe that there is something wrong with the system. im not complaining about it, just saying it exist and need addressing.  

------------

i think a good solution to public servers kicking every body, is to limit their ability to kick people, like 5 kick per hours (not argue whit numbers here, just the idea) or kick the same use for 3 time per hour. or you change it to a time based ban system which you can ban someone from the server for lets say 3 hours, then you cant ban it for the rest of the day. or such things.

Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 1

Im not saying they dont spawn at all, im saying (from what i seen) that they stop being re spawn after a while or they are on the ground somewhere and not cleaned up.

M8 I found a AUG in the middle of fucking nowhere in a civilian barn sort of building. Maybe there are m4 and other shit scattered around the map in stupid places as well, so no one is picking them up and they are not respawning where you would expect they to do so. I would advice people to go in desolated places, for science you know.

Edited by Avant-Garde

In general, there are some complaints going around that are petty bullshit. However, there also some legit gripes. Maybe you've been lucky, but most of us are having some pretty extreme problems. For example:

1) Desync related fall damage. My buddy died on the roof of a hospital the other day while we were right next to him. His pants and boots were ruined. I got a broken leg just standing on the roof of a police station the day before that. This desync did not seem to be so common in 0.55 or 0.57.

2) Rubberbanding. A least once per play session, everyone on the server is getting rolled back a good 50 feet. A buddy of mine got rolled back into a deer stand while he was running on the ground and broke his leg because of it. While another friend and I were driving two separate trucks, we both got a huge lag spike and crashed into stuff off the road, popping the tires on our trucks and seriously hampering our current mission.

3) The camp lag is real. One friend of ours is no longer allowed access to the camp. Every time he goes up to it, he gets kicked from the server. The last time I went up there, I was teleporting within a 100 meter radius around the camp for about 3 minutes. 

4) No infected. I don't think we need to talk about this more than it already has been discussed.

5) The CLE. In general, it seems to be working just fine. However, I'm not a fan of the fact that hoppers can take from our server's economy and we still seem to have that item counted against us. No SVD or M4 has been found after checking every Quonset multiple times per day since we started the server Friday and finding at least 30-40 choppers. I can't be on 24/7 and I'm betting these items did spawn at one time based on what I saw in Experimental, but the hoppers got them and now we can't seem to find them. I also take particular issue with the idea of camps being counted by the CLE. 

6) Passenger desync in vehicles is way worse than ever before. I didn't have these kinds of problems in 0.55, but now that server performance has increased by 400% I do. (?) Yesterday my friend was driving and it showed him hit a telephone pole that he didn't actually hit. That would be okay if it weren't for the fact that my client counted the hit, even though we teleported on my screen right after to where he actually was, and it ruined my pants, boots and messed up my leg.

There are a lot of problems in this patch that quite severely limit what a player can safely do. While I don't think vitriol is in order, talking about it is exactly what we are all supposed to be doing in here.

"most of us" good one. I had literally zero problems since this patch, other than camp lag with just 2-3 backpacks - which has been addressed in the motherfucking changelog.

Just like vehicle desync has been addressed by Brian Hicks various times.

CLE being a problem? Me and everyone I know have managed to find lots of good stuff with relative ease, so that must be you.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

M8 I found a AUG in the middle of fucking nowhere in a civilian barn sort of building. Maybe there are m4 and other shit scattered around the map in stupid places as well, so no one is picking them up and they are not respawning where you would expect they to do so. I would advice people to go in desolated places, for science you know.

You found an AUG with a suppressor on top of an empty and a full mag in a pile just like when someone puts down 3 items without moving, someone dropped it for whatever reason. I personally will discard an automatic for a semi like an SKS or bolt action like an m70 or Mosin without a thought, I'd more likely take the time to throw it in water or tall grass but...

So the rains came back to my server and I got killed by hypothermia in less than 29 minutes from logging in, not sure if it's a bug or not but it went like this. I didn't have rain gear just a matching brown hunter jacket and pants so I checked around town stopping to dry off and warm up regularly even heating my pumpkin on a stick at every fire and carrying it on my back hot which I know gives "I am rapidly warming up" if it's not raining or if it is and you are wearing waterproof clothes. I knew I wasn't going to find a raincoat in town so I kept as dry and warm as possible making sure I was fully energized-hydrated-healthy and stuffed to green with a freshly heated pumpkin on my back. I was less than five minutes from the beach so I made a dash for it and half way there at 20 minutes of playing and the "I am hypothermic" just started spamming like crazy, my back pumpkin is still warm/hot. Got a quick lul in the rain so had a one stick fire to warm the pumpkin and myself before sprinting back to town to try and assist myself with my second account. I made it inside and the one inside fireplace in town was bugged from a previous fire I had there so I logged out to get one going outside a shed with my other guy so I could have him ready to give a blood transfusion because my first guy was already seriously greyed out after eight and a half minutes. Got that all set up and logged my first guy back in and he logged in dead, 0:8:39 from first hypothermia warning to logging out, no biggie stripped his gear with my second guy and get to try being a freshie again.

I spawn on the east central side of the Elektro docks, awesome 15-20 minute sprint to home base half an hour if I hit some houses and shed so I do that. Found a few cans of food and a kavass on the way enough to get dark green energized and neutral hydration, interestingly enough I never got above neutral hydration but still ended up healthy by the time I made it to camp, thought you needed a hydrated status for that? It was still raining and I got soaked in my t shit and jeans for at least as long as the previous guy before I found a raincoat but was just getting I am shaking sporadically which changed to I am slowly warming up just after getting the rain coat.

I had found someones truck parked right on the path to my fishing hole with my first failed attempt right where I turned back, found a gas can on the beach with my second guy so I lugged it to the truck as it was on my way. It was going to be a gift to the trucks owner or to myself the new owner if I could find a glow plug soon. Got to camp, grabbed some gear to see how my camp out west was doing and headed down the highway through Elektro as the server was empty and I'd checked the beach side on my way out and found a yellow barrel at a well with some police station and fire-hall crap in it but at the bottom was a damaged glow plug, yeah! All the way back to Tulga to get my battery and a 1911 with one mag because there was now 2 clan guys and a random on and I wanted that truck more than getting killed trying to make friends. About an hour from spawn do blazing down the highway at 62kmh feeling alright smooth sailing no sign of anything until the last roadblock on the highway heading west. I have to slow down to weave through them and imagine that makes a fair bit of noise in the distance, just before Balota airfield going full tilt I see a pristine yellow protective case in the middle of the road, I think about stopping and backing up, then I think "not today gypsy".

Made it to the end of the line and stashed the truck and checked the very small camp and it still has the input delay 1 improvised backpack, 2 child's briefcases one containing a full fireplace, and a shotgun on the ground. My first camp is now 2 barrels full, 2 taloons almost full, and a protective case and crossbow on the ground and it has little to no lag. I removed the fireplace and it seemed to help but it was hard to say as I'd been playing long enough to eat all my ram and was done for the night. Looking forward to seeing how it's behaving today.        

• Like 4

CLE being a problem? Me and everyone I know have managed to find lots of good stuff with relative ease, so that must be you.

Nope it certainly isn't just him.

I've been playing for the last 3/12 hours on the WOBO server. I've run from Gorka > Novy Sobor > Stary Sobor > Kabanino > NWAF.

I searched every single building in the towns (and between) and I mean EVERY SINGLE BUILDING and found nothing (well nothing except for a canteen in a fridge in Novy)

At the NWAF, there was nothing worth taking. Some boots, jackets, trousers and trench tools all in various states of damage. But that had been effectively cleared too.

Surely this cannot be what the devs envisaged for the game.

• Like 2

I've been playing for the last 3/12 hours on the WOBO server. I've run from Gorka > Novy Sobor > Stary Sobor > Kabanino > NWAF.

I searched every single building in the towns (and between) and I mean EVERY SINGLE BUILDING and found nothing (well nothing except for a canteen in a fridge in Novy)

At the NWAF, there was nothing worth taking. Some boots, jackets, trousers and trench tools all in various states of damage. But that had been effectively cleared too.

Private servers aren't right either, at least the one I'm on anyway. Over a week in one area systematically stripping adjacent towns and stuff just isn't repopulating or a least not at a sustainable rate for one player let alone if this server had a decent population. I wouldn't have survived in the 5km circle I've been living in if it wasn't for fish and pumpkins, deer huts and stands are not spawning anything anymore, If it wasn't for the dynamic boats working I'd have died of hypothermia before leaving the south east point of the map. I think I'm not the only one noticing it because it was full on release day and has peetered down to 5 players tops on it now.

I'm a survivor playing a survival game and even I think this is a little more grim than anyone even a little more casual than me could stomach.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

I heard reports about problems on private servers but those were really low pop password ones. I dont know, WOBO used to be constantly full. High chance someone just picks stuff up before you or private servers are somewhat bugged. God knows. I know one thing and thats that all the trash loot on the ground needs to cleaned sometimes to not hinder respawning. If there is jeans and ruined shit everywhere in every house etc, move it the fuck away from that area.

• Like 2

I heard reports about problems on private servers but those were really low pop password ones. I dont know, WOBO used to be constantly full. High chance someone just picks stuff up before you or private servers are somewhat bugged. God knows. I know one thing and thats that all the trash loot on the ground needs to cleaned sometimes to not hinder respawning. If there is jeans and ruined shit everywhere in every house etc, move it the fuck away from that area.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (and jeans) despawned them somewhere else.

For what it's worth they seem to have hotfixed fireplace despawn, if you put stuff in a fire ether out or burning the stuff and leave the area it seems to get cleaned up real fast. I was able to use new or burned out fireplaces as persistent storage for the first bit of stable.

• Like 2

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt (and jeans) despawned them somewhere else.

For what it's worth they seem to have hotfixed fireplace despawn, if you put stuff in a fire ether out or burning the stuff and leave the area it seems to get cleaned up real fast. I was able to use new or burned out fireplaces as persistent storage for the first bit of stable.

Then again you play in a 5km circle as opposed to the whole map. I dont know why people report this kinda stuff when you dont traverse the entire map - its not worth much in that case.

People underestimate the amount of food and loot that stacks up around less often visited places. Such as the school building in Novaya Petrovka. I visited that one on two different servers just out of curiosity, first one had like 4-5 mountain backpacks, second one had easily one mountain backpack full of food.

Basically recycling only means something if the entire map gets cleaned up. Food and clothing spawns nearly everywhere.