Shiva_O

I KOS'd and i felt horrible for it.

I spent a good half hour in cherno, looking for combat. There was the usual pile of bodies outside the red house with 4 or 5 guys stacked up outside trying to breach it. It looked fun and I managed to flank and kill 2 of the guys outside with my AK.

Anyway, the FPS became terrible, I died, but was kinda happy because it's the first time in ages i'd actually had some proper combat.

Spawned again, got a shotgun and a guy was obviously watching me. I was eating in a house and he ran in, I panicked and ran out. he tried to follow, didnt pull his gun but i lost him in the trees.

About 10 minutes later, i saw the same guy, he ran over, gave me a high 5 and i shot him in the face with the shotgun.

He obviously was friendly, he had two weapons with ammo, but just wanted to play. Only played another 10 minutes before i felt so bad, i quit.

That's the problem, the circle of dicks is so widespread and encompassing, that presented with a chance to offer some dickery back, you take it.

'Gaz' I'm sorry :(

• Like 2

If it doesn't communicate, it is not friendly.

• Like 2

To be honest, I play without a mic, so i can excuse him for that.

• Like 2

And the "hot potato of grief" is passed once more....

But it sounds like you project a bit of yourself into the game, and have a semblance of conscience, and want to play a game that doesn't just include shooting at someone else after all.

The more you hold onto those notions, the more you leave yourself open to a diverse experience.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

I've got almost 100 hrs in so far. Probably 75% of the people I've met have tried to kill me, most have succeeded. I've killed 2 people, both in the same fight. I was in a police station, a guy walks in, I say "hey, i see you, hows it goin?" He turns and opens up, then his 2 friends come in. So that was that. I mostly keep to myself, avoid people. I may start interacting more. I don't want to kos. We'll see.

• Like 1

If you play without a mic, 98% of people will assume you are a combatant. I'm not saying it's any kind of proof, just that you must understand how paranoid a silent player makes the average person.

• Like 1

If you assume someone's going to try and kill you because they have no microphone, then you're bad at the game. If someone persistently follows you or ignores your demands, then something's fishy and they probably want to kill you.

Some people just don't have mics.

I spent a good half hour in cherno, looking for combat. There was the usual pile of bodies outside the red house with 4 or 5 guys stacked up outside trying to breach it. It looked fun and I managed to flank and kill 2 of the guys outside with my AK.

Anyway, the FPS became terrible, I died, but was kinda happy because it's the first time in ages i'd actually had some proper combat.

Spawned again, got a shotgun and a guy was obviously watching me. I was eating in a house and he ran in, I panicked and ran out. he tried to follow, didnt pull his gun but i lost him in the trees.

About 10 minutes later, i saw the same guy, he ran over, gave me a high 5 and i shot him in the face with the shotgun.

He obviously was friendly, he had two weapons with ammo, but just wanted to play. Only played another 10 minutes before i felt so bad, i quit.

That's the problem, the circle of dicks is so widespread and encompassing, that presented with a chance to offer some dickery back, you take it.

'Gaz' I'm sorry :(

I know what you mean man, I have been in that situation myself, even tried to save the guy but he was outright dead. Today I was shot and knocked unconscious twice before I managed to attack my attackers, took refuge in a building, they then tried to say my running out on their position shook them up and that's why they fired. I was right to not believe them but after a 15 minute standoff and plenty of swearing at me, they finally got me, was fun but I wished I had not given them the chance now lol.

He says the guy high fived him, sign of being friendly I would say :P

wait till they add value to the characters then you guys had better get some damn mics or be prepared to get shot at a lot. If you have a toon that has been alive and is road worn with skills you spent a lot of time getting will you take a chance with a mute or someone you don't know? If your dumb or don't care then yes but if you want to survive and give a shit about your toon you'll either take the stealth approach and try to sneak away or if you have the guarantee kill you'll do it. I honestly think KOS will get worse for some when these changes are implemented no one with any time put into a toon is going to trust or even want to be around a fresh spawn they would rather eliminate the possible threat than take any chance. It sucks to KOS but i think thats part of the magic doing things you do not want to do to stay alive feelings will be hurt and rage will be felt thats the world that is chenarus. Gotta get with the program or get used to running on the coast.

Edited by gannon46

Everyone is hostile, they can become less hostile depending on what they do, but they're still hostile. The lowest percent of hostile someone can go to on a chance encounter could be 90% hostile.

They only become friendly after you've left them and your alive.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 2

Everyone is hostile, they can become less hostile depending on what they do, but they're still hostile. The lowest percent of hostile someone can go to on a chance encounter could be 90% hostile.

They only become friendly after you've left them and your alive.

Well put, my kids and I play as passively as possible but far prefer the term neutral over friendly.

Stranger: Are you friendly?

Me: That depends on you? By the way there's two of us.

Then ideally we tell them where we've been, what we've seen that's interesting, and where were heading (usually a half truth to see if they follow) and life goes on.  

Hello there

I too play mic less.

But I do expect to get killed.

I do waggle allot though, but the new generation dont know its ancient heritage.

I also feel bad when I kill an enemy whether they fire at me or not.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

I KOSed a guy at NWAF the other day. I felt that the NWAF is supposed to be dangerous and it would be helpful for this fella if he was given a reminder.

I also helped this other fella out by giving him directions to Vybor even though I didn't know the way.

I do these helpful things cuz thats the kind of guy I am. A true DayZ hero!

Edited by Zhang Liao
  • Like 1

if you look like you need killin i oblige you.

if i feel like scoping in cherno, i pretty much kill everything with a gun, its ok, you freshies are safe... unless you pickup a gun of course :)

i also expect to be killed in any interaction i have, why? well that's how the cookie crumbles.

If you play without a mic, 98% of people will assume you are a combatant. I'm not saying it's any kind of proof, just that you must understand how paranoid a silent player makes the average person.

seriously, if silent player make you paranoid, look up the videos from DanielfromSL on youtube

people talking calm and relaxed doesn't always mean they are friendly, or sane

• Like 2

DayZ "Friendly" Encounters.

Me - "Hi, friendly huh? Where are you from?"

Friendly Guy - "Russia"

Aim at guys head, shoot.

Me - "No such thing as a friendly Russian."

------------------------------------------------------------

Friendly Guy - "Mich pooten vagan tashen"

Aim at guys head, shoot.

Me - "No such thing as a friendly guy that doesn't speak English"

Friendly Guy - "France"

Aim at guys head, shoot.

Me - "I just don't like you"

Friendly Guy - "Me wom China"

Aim at guys head, shoot.

Me - "Wow, weird, you seem to have vests inside vests inside cooking pots..."

Friendly Girl - "I'm a girl."

Me - "Oh hi there, do you need food? A gun maybe? All the clothes off my back? What's your Steam ID? Wanna Skype? Got any pics?"

• Like 1

it is 2015 for christs sake. Everyone has a damm mic. If you dont talk you are DED. Wiggle means nothing.

I get killed every day by assholes who have mics, it doesnt mean anything. And Ive ran around with newbs that didnt have mics and it worked out fine. Theres a textchat you know. I often use it to communicate with people when I want to be unseen.

Its sad that so many people kill without trying to communicate and also that they kill bambis who have no chance to protect themselves. But if you carry a gun in your hands, its free game.

i dont play with a mic, i just type in direct, met some nice fellows

DayZ "Friendly" Encounters.

Friendly Girl - "I'm a girl."

Me - "Oh hi there, do you need food? A gun maybe? All the clothes off my back? What's your Steam ID? Wanna Skype? Got any pics?"

I seriously lol'ed when I read this. This is sort of how my last big encounter went with a group. It's always fun to see how different people play the game.

• Like 1

I seriously lol'ed when I read this. This is sort of how my last big encounter went with a group. It's always fun to see how different people play the game.

Glad you enjoyed

It's alright...

I spent the first 400 Hours playing this game as that "Hero" type of player who wanted to help people, and stay away from any real "Combat", but alas, the "Combat" came to me in the form of repeatedly getting attacked by those who I helped, being shot at or killed by those so-called "Friendly" players, that eventually something snapped inside and I changed into a "Kill or Be Killed" type of player.

This game and the people who play it, have a way of changing your way of thinking and your way of reacting/playing this game...

I still strive for a positive interaction with those I meet, but only after I've watched them from afar, and see how they present themselves vs. other players, then I might approach, or, snipe their faces off.

It's a fucking video game, there are no moral repercussions for getting some 'trigger time.'

OP, I give you beans for intuitive murder and using the word "dickery".   

Then I take the beans back because you have no microphone.