Sign in to follow this  
too-easy

Where has the fun gone?

I guess it's time to take a break.

I have been playing stable and experimental but it's just no fun anymore.

I think my main problem is, that I don't care about dying anymore.

When I started right after the alpha was released, I did everything to stay alive.

It was exciting and a rush when you just survived an encounter (or died).

Now it doesn't matter anymore.

Got killed with very little gear, got a lucky spawn and after 10 minutes I have better things than I had before.

It's not really about the still too easy looting, though.

Not sure what they can do to make it more important to stay alive.

I read about the soft skills and different looks when living longer.

Not sure if that will help.

How can you keep enjoying this game?

I only have about 250 hours (but have played every patch since release).

• Like 5

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I can no longer play alone like I was able to before, if I play, I need someone else, otherwise I get bored within 10 minutes. My problem is I've done most of what I've wanted to, and the only thing to keep me going would be the conversations from my friends and from seeing a friend who hasn't had the game as long enjoy the experiences I once had. 

• Like 1

Gear up and go to Elektro in a 50 man server. Always fun for me but even more fun with multiple friends

Gear up and go to Elektro in a 50 man server. Always fun for me but even more fun with multiple friends

Lost its charm, too, unfortunately. Always play on full servers.

@Stryker7x: Playing with a friend makes it a bit better, true.

When alone I often prefer to play other games now.

Edited by too-easy

Yes, testing alpha builds for videogames isn't always fun.

Oh, you said play. There's your problem right there.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 1

Yeah, we just have to remember that all the mechanics that we currently see in the alpha aren't final and liable to change.

Ammo, food, vehicle and weapon rarity as well as future zombie numbers could make the game completely different to the one we see today.

If it isn't fun then just have a little break for a while.

• Like 3

Yes, testing alpha builds for videogames isn't always fun.

Oh, you said play. There's your problem right there.

You're a funny guy.

I'm not a paid video game tester.

Early access is mostly for getting funds to pay for the ongoing development.

True, we help them test their servers, find and report bugs, give our opinion and suggestions to game design and more, but nobody who paticipates in an early access alpha MUST do those things.

Nobody has to play and test it if it's not fun for him/her anymore.

We already helped them by buying the alpha.

The way you say it sounds like an early access doesn't need to be fun.

lol

That would be great advertising for the game, huh?

Not talking about bugs. I had them all and never complained about them.

It's the gameplay that gets boring, so I hope the developers find a cure for it in the future. We'll see what base building, harsher environment , dangerous infected, etc will bring.

Man, I had been around when M4s were everywhere and all people did was deathmatching (boring, but did I quit?). Or when there was no food and the wells didn't work (Best times ever. Had to actually grow pumpkins to survive.)

But I just don't get the feels anymore as I did.

Calm down.

The game is what you make it, if no longer fun for you I suggest you play a game that gives you some.

I play Exp builds to help test the game, if I want fun I play a lot of ArmAIII KOTH or GTA V, a little KF2 (also EA).

Just go play something else.

Yeah, we just have to remember that all the mechanics that we currently see in the alpha aren't final and liable to change.

Ammo, food, vehicle and weapon rarity as well as future zombie numbers could make the game completely different to the one we see today.

If it isn't fun then just have a little break for a while.

Absolutely agree.

Hope that will bring back the fear that DayZ once held for me.

If you don't need to be afraid of dying then it's no survival game.

@Boneboys

I am calm. :)

I did a lot of testing since the start of the alpha, so I think the comment above is unfair and spammy.

If my answer sounded rude, I apologize. English is a foreign language to me, so my vocabularies are limited.

I will take a break and hope for the best.

Just wanted to know if there are people out there who feel the same.

Edited by too-easy

"dont care about dieing"... seems familiar, wait for the next patch to hit stable

if anything i found making loot to easy to obtain makes the game dull, which is why i got bored with any of the high-loot mods of the mod very fast,

as well as with wasteland

afaik the next patch will make loot far rarer, especially on the eastern part of the map and on the southeastern coast

• Like 1

Stable is boring because it's so easy. On the previous .58 it took me two days before I had a scoped rifle and decent handgun.

• Like 2

I have almost 1000hrs on Dayz. Some times I think I am loosing interest but for some reason I cant bring myself to play another game. When I think about playing another game I realize what a great game Day-z really is. IMO no other game comes close.

• Like 3

I've played DayZ since the mod and still get a rush out of it today. I don't get as freaked out by other players as I once but still love the paranoia that comes over me from time to time and the senses that go up when another player is nearby or at least you think is.

I'm only on this forum right now because I cant get on a server to have 'fun' - I have had a couple of breaks throughout playing Dayz with other games. I recommend getting into another type of game that is far removed from the DayZ style and you'll always want to come back. If that doesn't work, watch the Walking Dead series, it always gets me in the mood!

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

I played the first iteration of 0.58 and found loads of guns. Just 1 meter from where I spawned was a longhorn lying around and Berezino was full with guns, too.

I even put some guns in a barrel I put on a street, because I just couldn't carry them all.

I only played about 15 minutes of the latest version of 0.58. Good news was that I didn't find a gun and food wasn't too common either.

Still found some cans here and there.

We'll see what they push to stable.

I do play some complete other games now.

Maybe this will bring back the hunger for DayZ. :)

• Like 1

*snip*

i am often switching between Planetside 2 and DayZ, PS2 is a nonstop-PVP-action slaughterparty filled with explosions and is basically a michael bay game

after one or two hours i can play DayZ for 6 hours without a problem, actually enjoying the silence and slower paced gameplay

• Like 1

I guess it's time to take a break.

I have been playing stable and experimental but it's just no fun anymore.

I think my main problem is, that I don't care about dying anymore.

When I started right after the alpha was released, I did everything to stay alive.

It was exciting and a rush when you just survived an encounter (or died).

Now it doesn't matter anymore.

Got killed with very little gear, got a lucky spawn and after 10 minutes I have better things than I had before.

It's not really about the still too easy looting, though.

Not sure what they can do to make it more important to stay alive.

I read about the soft skills and different looks when living longer.

Not sure if that will help.

I've played 1000+ hours and I still have fun with it. If you just run around and die all the time, then of course it's not going to be fun.

Take a break and come back later. DayZ will still be here when you come back. Maybe it will have a couple of new things to show you and you'll enjoy it like you used to again.

There are so many good games out there. No one should only play one!

• Like 1

It's probably also, because you ran out of ideas what to do. I get that, too. My latest passion is stalking people and whispering to them over direct speech. Freaks out the bambis, as they scatter in all directions. I also like mixing with groups that are travelling, by copying one of their guys style. I either carry an assortment of weapons or clothes, depending on how I want to play. It's hilarious when they figure out after a while there is one too many of them and two of us look the same. Doesn't always work though, but when it does - it's comedy gold. You CAN still be creative! However, I'm really missing the infected in this zombie game, because basically I am just trolling other players now. Without infected you realize the map is a big empty thing. I hope we'll find some of the stuff needed to fix the trucks more frequently, in the future. Because that was always solid fun for me and a way to travel around quickly, instead of walking this bigass map for hours. 

It's the first time I see the CLE working and that is quite nice. I just wish it would eat fewer resources, because frankly, I don't care if it is possible to glitch some items or reset spawn points. What I care about are zombies, which aren't in the game (or not in big numbers). What I also do care about is consistency, which isn't really there now and when it is it's not reliable. I really think sometimes the Devs are mad, pushing features that seem good on paper, but aren't really that important to us players. For all I'm concerned, all loot could spawn in the exact same spot every round, because everytime different people would pick it up there anyway. I need to see zombies again, but I'll just have to wait for their comeback.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I feel almost the same. I play dayz for 2 and half years. I started playing vanilla mod, then other mods and maps, then SA, then Arma 3 epoch..... 

Looks like Im over fed with dayz of all kind. Not ranting, but few steps back in SA develepment dindnt helt either (no zombies and no persistence).

Im going on vacation for 2 weeks, maybe there will be something new when I come back :)

I have about 2,500 hours in standalone. While things have been a bit rough since March, I still enjoy it, although not as much as I hope to enjoy 0.58.

For me one of the fundamentally good things about the game is that you can choose your own playstyle determined in part by the nature of the servers you're going into. If I feel the need to explore, travel, try different features, I'll log in to a low pop. If I want interaction or PvP I'll choose a high pop...

Successful implementation of persistence will be a big factor here. It will give people what is effectively a save-game function so that the long term survivalists (me, basically) have a greater incentive to take risks.

Hello there

No reason not to take a break.

I see no point in burning out until after the game is released as you'll miss so much.

Rgds

Lok

• Like 2

I have about 2,500 hours in standalone. While things have been a bit rough since March, I still enjoy it, although not as much as I hope to enjoy 0.58.

I certainly can't wait until the new vehicles in 0.59 are in, having a car for you and your fellow survivors to go

http://www.gfycat.com/FirmSaneAllensbigearedbat

Edited by Zombo

I think the ease of access of various gear at this point is an opportunity to hone skills and test mechanics. The past few days I've been bumming around in Elektro working on iron sights, dealing with sway when returning fire after being chased, controlling spray from automatics, etc. Yes, this means I've been playing some bandit and maybe some random murder but if you've got a "don't fire until fired upon" motto just running through Elektro once or twice it's easy to find a candidate to return fire at. From that standpoint it's great right now.

• Like 1

Interaction. I have 2.6k hours and still not bored.

Ran into a guy last night on our 50/50 in the tree line between Prig and Cherno. My game crashed and I kindly asked him to not kill me and we'll have a chat when I log back in. He didn't and I'll tell you why. The salt to interaction is role-play. I use 5 or so different voices and I never plan on the next voice I'll use. I just let it happen and its a bunch of fun. I do two Asian voices (Japanese & Chinese), a weary inn-keeper, a deep south American accent (civil war era-ish), a dorky kid voice and many more.

Reason the guy didn't kill me (his name was Mr. Komodo in-game or so he says...I never dog sniff peoples pulse) is because of how I broke the ice and probably how I was dressed which is very civilian. After my game crashed I logged back in and there he was sitting in wait for me to return. He had a press vest on so I asked him if he worked for the press. He gave me his story about his job with the press before the infection and etc. I told him my story of how I worked for Montana Realty and had a few showings in the city I was headed to. He gave me some Winchester rounds after I politely asked him if he had any extra as I saw he was carrying one.

I bid him farewell and wished him luck before we went our different ways. I felt really good after the interaction. Meeting interesting people and role-playing is a super fun experience that never gets old. You have to think outside the box and 250 hours is still bamboo status. I consider anyone with under 300 hours a bambi. Mix is up man. 

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 2