kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I've done it the way you've said to do it and I always ended up getting sick.

watch the meat texture closely, it will change once cooked throughly.
  • Like 1

Update to experimental? Just some bugfixes or something?

Nope, they're adding barrel persistance and some more things.

I'm surprised that more people don't use the stone knife for everything. Other than farming equipment, it's all you'll ever need (unless you need a fire that lasts more than 5 minutes).

Pickaxe + stone knife is my go-to for any equipment, though sometimes I'll carry the small hatchet in case I feel like getting some logs. Pickaxe is also great for killing zombies at the moment.

I hope that sometime they will make a craftable hoe or pickaxe so that I don't ever need to leave the wilderness after an initial loot-up, but that might be too OP.

I noticed that stone knives actually do degrade. I think I've ruined about 1 in my entire time playing SA. Usually I'm not alive long enough (or I lose whatever piece of clothing that was holding the knife) to use it enough. 

Plus it gives you 90% - 100% food from cans every time, so there's virtually no need for a can opener. Hell, you could even get 50% out of every can, as food is so plentiful right now.

I like the shovel on my back for gardening and stone knife for all knife functions and can opener to make me feel like I'm not lost in a world full of zombies.

• Like 1

Update is there :)

Edit: 211 mb

Edited by xCrankx

I like the shovel on my back for gardening and stone knife for all knife functions and can opener to make me feel like I'm not lost in a world full of zombies.

Zombies make me feel like I'm lost in a world full of zombies but maybe that's just me.

:ph34r:

I'm puzzled. I don't see the point in hording can openers. There was a time when I used to carry a spare, but I don't think that I've ever seen their condition degrade, so I abandoned that practice long ago. Of course, I would expect that to change in the future.

Backing up a bit, even if they were to become ruined and eventually fail, replacements (and stone knives) are readily available.

Mine degrade quite a bit with use.  But even then I remember when even ruined can openers still worked.  I usually will stash a can opener and matches at all my hide sites, just as a back up.  Other than that I usually will just leave them in place.

Not just yet. I directed him over to this thread, hopefully he'll stop by and let us know what's up.

From what i know Eugen is in Czech Rep, according to your profile you're from USA...it doesn't sound too good for all you NA guys, ping is a bit*h

I played on American servers, with pings from 160 to 220. I think there won't be much problems, if you don't prefer PvP

• Like 2

From what i know Eugen is in Czech Rep, according to your profile you're from USA...it doesn't sound too good for all you NA guys, ping is a bit*h

I played on American servers, with pings from 160 to 220. I think there won't be much problems, if you don't prefer PvP

Right. I have "fast" internet, and I'm willing to deal with a tiny delay to play with friends and colleagues, so I'm not too worried about it if I need to join an EU server.

• Like 4

crashing a lot for everyone? Two crashes in about 30 mins for me

crashing a lot for everyone? Two crashes in about 30 mins for me

I had 1 crash after 10 minutes but i just lost connection dont know what you mean by crash?!

My precious char has been wiped!

time to go find another barrel and test!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 1

Any new stuff??

So far, just additional persistence. Not seeing anything on my radar from the community. REALLY hoping for some map changes, but I doubt it with a ~200 MB update.

time to go find another barrel and test!

Let us know if any of the crafting works!

I had 1 crash after 10 minutes but i just lost connection dont know what you mean by crash?!

I mean like a crash to desktop or having to kill the unresponsive process. Not server crashes - although I think there's been a couple of them too.

edit: definitely related to the inventory.

Also Thank you to the guy I just met who gave me mosin ammo at the building site east of polana!

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

I'm seeing lots of stuff and some of it spawning in different places or places where nothing was spawning before. Just had a no message received and such but that's nothing new with my shit internet.

• Like 1

I'm seeing lots of stuff and some of it spawning in different places or places where nothing was spawning before. Just had a no message received and such but that's nothing new with my shit internet.

Got the No Message Received on your server aswell, it was either a crash or a restart. ;)

Been in the same server since the patch went out. Nice to see 1PP is back.

Found this little jewel. Just need to find a mag now.  B)

v79kpj.jpg

Pretty geared up for now.

oh4nyg.jpg

Also found a different camo pattern USMC pants. Was asking if anyone else had found some in the last 0.58 exp patch, but no one answered. So, here we go.

24cxws3.jpg

• Like 6

No crashes, smooth performance for me.

1 infected spotted/killed outside elektro shortly after spawning.

None seen since.

I think I'm seeing less items and less concentrated pockets of items in general.

3 police stations and not so many MP-5's and RAK's seen as in the past.

I wasn't finding much in the way of food until I came upon the police station in Novoy Sobor.

Little green and red houses have canteens and hospitals are still good for backpacks.

RAK with plenty of rounds, Mosin with 1 clip, 1911 with 1 mag, splitting axe.

Lots of damaged boots and haven't found a jacket I wanted yet or a compass of any kind.

Inventory and hotbar worked well for me.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2