kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

You need to add 4 small stones and 4 larger stones (mined with the pick axe).

I've only been able to make a fire ring though, the complete covered oven I haven't figured out yet.

0o0o0o a fire ring , Thank you i'll try it as soon as the exp servers are back up. Well i'll need 15 min of crying time to get over the loss of my 9 tents but right after that :)

Following that tweet copied by WhiskeyTango, it sounds like we will be getting a full wipe!

:D

0o0o0o a fire ring , Thank you i'll try it as soon as the exp servers are back up. Well i'll need 15 min of crying time to get over the loss of my 9 tents but right after that :)

9 Tents? seriously?

• Like 1

Maybe it's some sort of Stockholm type syndrome but I really look forward to the wipes on exp. 

Even though I'll miss the first car tent I ever found by getting lost I welcome the wipe as it was getting hard to find things such as shovels. It seems like since the introduction of car tents people became even bigger <censored> hoarding everything useful.

You need to add 4 small stones and 4 larger stones (mined with the pick axe).

I've only been able to make a fire ring though, the complete covered oven I haven't figured out yet.

8 larger stones (the mined stones) make the full oven.

one worn pickaxe is enough to mine 8 stones

EDIT: you are also able to cook your food with the wooden stick over the oven like over open fire

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

Maybe it's some sort of Stockholm type syndrome but I really look forward to the wipes on exp. 

Same here and I've got a fairly substantial camp set up too.  

Two car garage and enough survivalist gear to stay in the woods until Q1 2017  :lol:

For now, I think it's more fun building a fully functional camp than having one.

• Like 3

EDIT: you are also able to cook your food with the wooden stick over the oven like over open fire

Hmm I thought I tried that ... I've got to lay off the Rasputin Kvass

Do the 8 large stones stack ? or do i have to add them a few at a time ?

I believe they stack but I might be wrong so don't quote me on that.

You're kinda late to the party but thanks!

Just making it official with the DevTracker.

• Like 5

you are able to stack them

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

Even though I'll miss the first car tent I ever found by getting lost I welcome the wipe as it was getting hard to find things such as shovels. It seems like since the introduction of car tents people became even bigger <censored> hoarding everything useful.

Good , I love it when all the gear starts to run out. Alot less people running around with Ak's and AUG's. They stay home and plant food instead of sniping at me from a hilltop. Now it's gonna be back to every player with an armory strapped to there back :(

P.S.

This is my first time trying experimental. Is there any set time that the servers are usually down ?  Is it like 2 hours or the whole day ?

Just asking cause i don't feel like going back to stable if there going to be up in an hour. Also do they tell you what the update is ?

Edited by LoveAffair

Good , I love it when all the gear starts to run out. Alot less people running around with Ak's and AUG's. They stay home and plant food instead of sniping at me from a hilltop. Now it's gonna be back to every player with an armory strapped to there back :(

Even though I had an ak myself I never really used it unless I got bored and shot it where my camp was at. I just hope people don't try to hoard everything that isn't nailed down.

P.S.

This is my first time trying experimental. Is there any set time that the servers are usually down ?  Is it like 2 hours or the whole day ?

Just asking cause i don't feel like going back to stable if there going to be up in an hour. Also do they tell you what the update is ?

best to imagine it's not until tomorrow. (it well could be - or else it could be an hour or two.)

nope they tell us very little - it's about discovery

Edited by freethink

P.S.

Just asking cause i don't feel like going back to stable if there going to be up in an hour. Also do they tell you what the update

Try around 1-3 pm est and if they're not up by then, then it'll most likely be tomorrow.

• Like 1

Try around 1-3 pm est and if they're not up by then, then it'll most likely be tomorrow.

Okies , Thanks Lord

As a fellow camper I'll warn that Experimental can have a lot of unexpected wipes.

"Don't get attached to your gear" definitely applies here.  

If you're ok with starting over suddenly it's a lot of fun learning how new mechanics work (and sometimes don't work)

• Like 1

-snip-

P.S.

This is my first time trying experimental. -snip-

Expect everything to break constantly and report bugs here.

And when I say broken, I mean BROKEN.

If you saw some of the bugs in past exp builds you would understand why I am stressing this.

DO NOT expect any level of stability here.

DO NOT expect functional persistence.

DO expect wipes within hours of each other.

We are almost never told what was really being tested in the experimental builds and then usually it's some time after the build was taken down.

If you cannot deal with possible game breaking, poor performance, and constant unannounced wipes, you probably should stay clear of experimental.

AHHHH!!!! You can your complicated directions! I have no idea what you are even talking about.

If you have ever cooked anything via a cooking pot or what have you, the meat icon will go from blood red / raw to a brown / cooked color. This is when you want to take it off and consume it. Burning it will give  a chance of getting you sick when you eat it. 

If you are using the stick, walk up to the fire, do whatever it says and just wait. You might have to keep doing it a couple of times and make sure you fire doesn't go out or else it won't cook.

*snip*

If you cannot deal with possible game breaking, poor performance, and constant unannounced wipes, you probably should stay clear of experimental.

That said, the more the merrier. Anyone who can remain civil and constructive in their participation on the Experimental side of things is always welcome here :)

• Like 4

Yes SNIPE , 

(Used in a sentence)  This Jack%$$ had eight bags of rice and six water bottles and was sniping at me with a winchester and hunting scope from upper Berezino.

I'm sure you know him :P Knowing your love for the old loot system and the peaches raining from the sky.

Edited by LoveAffair