Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

*Emerges from hibernation*

... What's this I hear about barrels?

Are they working at long last?

• Like 2

Yes FlimFlamm, your hopes have been answered!   Barrels have some basic functionality though a bit limited atm.

Dudester100 has been making some neon armbands that you can somehow see from 1000 meters,

and who knows what others are trying to cook up in that cauldron.

Barrels work in EXP .58.

Yes FlimFlamm, your hopes have been answered!   Barrels have some basic functionality though a bit limited atm.

Dudester100 has been making some neon armbands that you can somehow see from 1000 meters,

and who knows what others are trying to cook up in that cauldron.

Fertilizer, definitely fertilizer. :lol:

AWE MAN, my mouse wheel just gave out, what the hell!!  Oh well, it was a good rodent, had some serious hours on it, thousands, so I can't complain.  At first I thought it was my inventory giving me troubles... meh.

The left click on my old deathadder of 9 years is finally giving out. Really threw me off while dragging items around my inventory, but I assumed it was dayz bug related at first.

Gonna go out and get another; the most reliable mouse I've ever used.

Have rainbows always been in DayZ? On a daytime server, it's raining and I am running between Zeleno and NWAF, and I look over at GM and see the faint outline of a rainbow.

Saw one the other day when it was raining for a minute or so. I didn't remember seeing one before, but I also can't remember the last time rain was working correctly.

Swam over to Prison Island today with a fresh-ish spawn I met - on SC02.  Almost nothing there; seems like the loot spawns remain very nerfed there.  A few axes, some food, a child's backpack in the civvy barracks; almost nothing in the Prison itself.

I saw almost nothing at prison island (especially in the prison itself). Not sure if it's server hoppers or what, but the risk of swimming out to the island should be rewarded with decent military loot once you get there.

ETA:  after seeing Tatanko's post, maybe I wouldn't need so many trucks if he wasn't hogging all the tents.   :D

That's not my fault! Blame that on the others :p (Dudester, IMT, BleedoutBill, GaryWalnuts, etc.)

By the way, I used your lard to try and see if it would make a frying pan work but it didn't, don't be mad. :blush:

Let's get some more. I've been wanting to go hunting.

• Like 2

You don't collect every hat because they "they're there." I think what you are doing is totally legitimate even if it is to troll but I think the "Because they're there." answer is a little weak. You don't cut down every tree because it's there etc. I've got to guess it a troll and i'm cool with that. I just hope in the future they don't make it so easy for people like you to just run around spawn points and get all the trucks. Hopefully by the time the full game comes out there will be so many possible spawn points than consulting a map will be useless - also hope they fix esp cheats for tents/trucks/crash sites etc (not accusing you but think that's maybe what happened to your camp the last time.)

Anyway it's edge cases like you improve things so keep on keeping on, man.

There are 30-40 (haven't counted but lots) possible truck spawns but they've been stuck and not alternating like the heli crashes were. I hoarded 5 right before the last wipe just because I could and it was a fun mini game but doubt I'll do it again. I kind of hope the repair and parts mechanics get more involved making it harder, at this point it actually makes it easier to do for someone who can memorize locations and navigate directly once they have the parts. 

Like you said though we need people at this point to push these things to abusive proportions so they cvan get dialed in to the point of being challenging for everybody. 

That's not my fault! Blame that on the others :P (Dudester, IMT, BleedoutBill, GaryWalnuts, etc.)

Let's get some more. I've been wanting to go hunting.

I hope you like Fox lard because that is what I'm bringing home. :D
  • Like 5

I kind of hope the repair and parts mechanics get more involved making it harder, at this point it actually makes it easier to do for someone who can memorize locations and navigate directly once they have the parts. 

I was thinking something similar today.  One reason I can pass over certain trucks is that they're out of the way.  And for those rare folks who do come by, what are the odds they have a plug and a battery.  It seems like the more detailed repairs required, the more this will be the case.  Maybe have a few spawn in working condition?  Be interesting to see how it works out.  Of course, the big issue now is the static spawns - I even park mine in a certain order so that if I do take one out and wreck it, I know which spot will spawn a new truck after restart - definitely shouldn't be(and I have no doubt wont be) that easy going forward.  BTW, 9 in camp and I logged off above #10.  I think if they wait until Wed for any stable push, I can get at least 13.  The good news is that our camp has several hundred items (4 tents, 8 trucks, 6 barrels, furnace and fireplace - most near full), and no persistence issues yet (except for a backpack that despawned within minutes/seconds of dropping it - it was there, I went to mess with the barrels,  came back, it was gone).

Edited by Thurman Merman

So could someone please tell whether persistence is currently working on experimental? Like has anyone kept their tent throughout a server restart?

So could someone please tell whether persistence is currently working on experimental? Like has anyone kept their tent throughout a server restart?

Late to the party?

Yes they do.

I was thinking something similar today. One reason I can pass over certain trucks is that they're out of the way. And for those rare folks who do come by, what are the odds they have a plug and a battery. It seems like the more detailed repairs required, the more this will be the case. Maybe have a few spawn in working condition? Be interesting to see how it works out. Of course, the big issue now is the static spawns - I even park mine in a certain order so that if I do take one out and wreck it, I know which spot will spawn a new truck after restart - definitely shouldn't be(and I have no doubt wont be) that easy going forward. BTW, 9 in camp and I logged off above #10. I think if they wait until Wed for any stable push, I can get at least 13. The good news is that our camp has several hundred items (4 tents, 8 trucks, 5 barrels, furnace and fireplace - most near full), and no persistence issues yet (except for a backpack that despawned within minutes/seconds of dropping it - it was there, I went to mess with the barrels, came back, it was gone).

If you get a chance before we move over to stable you should try emptying tents and barrels on the ground and see what cleanup does about it.

• Like 1

(except for a backpack that despawned within minutes/seconds of dropping it - it was there, I went to mess with the barrels,  came back, it was gone).

I had the same thing happen with a pair of pants. I swapped out my jeans to a pair of cargo pants and my jeans literally disappeared right in front of me. To be clear, I saw them on the ground and then they disappeared about 2 seconds after I dropped them. Item cleanup has some bugs banging around I think.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

If you get a chance before we move over to stable you should try emptying tents and barrels on the ground and see what cleanup does about it.

Good idea.  I'll definitely try that.  I finish at camp more than 1/2 the time, so unless they surprise me with another update or do stable before Wed, I should definitely be able to do that.

Found an MRDS at a crash today.  Thinks someone was asking if they spawned.  Also found a snap loader for the blaze which now has the correct ammo in it!!

Found a snap loader for a blase also! I think it just got re-added.

• Like 1

I did have one issue with the server restart 3 hours ago, all of my rabbit snares despawned. Everything else, truck, tents, barrels were still there. I think they will need to ensure the code for snares, stone ovens, etc. is solid, it might not be in the same category as of right now.

Found a snap loader for a blase also! I think it just got re-added.

Same, first time I saw one was after today's restart.

Also, suddenly there are Amphibias everywhere. I don't know about all of you but I have come to appreciate both this pistol and the .22 Sporter (with 30 round mag) for their incredibly low recoil. Even though the damage for these carnival guns is low you can definately put a lot more rounds in the target versus larger guns with more kick.

The variety of weapons will be a lot more fun when zombies are added back in, anyone know when that will happen?

Good idea.  I'll definitely try that.  I finish at camp more than 1/2 the time, so unless they surprise me with another update or do stable before Wed, I should definitely be able to do that.

I just re-read the status report and it said they'd like to go to stable tomorrow or Tuesday unless and new blockers came up. I haven't played since Thursday so I'm not sure how likely that is but sure looking forward to getting a longer shot at this build without random wipes.  

Same, first time I saw one was after today's restart.

Also, suddenly there are Amphibias everywhere. I don't know about all of you but I have come to appreciate both this pistol and the .22 Sporter (with 30 round mag) for their incredibly low recoil. Even though the damage for these carnival guns is low you can definately put a lot more rounds in the target versus larger guns with more kick.

The variety of weapons will be a lot more fun when zombies are added back in, anyone know when that will happen?

I absolutely agree.. If you think about it, the Amphibia is most likely going to be used in relatively close quarter situations, and those are the exact situations where low recoil pays off, as you don't have time to recover your recoil and reacquire your target. I've got at least 2 kills with it in recent history and it's very effective, as it's basically a laser that can dump 10 rounds into a target extremely fast.

Has anyone noticed this before? 

K29xJDj.jpg

5QLLygi.jpg

It's a radio tower that is not marked on izurvive and it clearly has at least the possibility of spawning military loot.

• Like 2

Any issue with loot table now?

I've not seen any items recently near fish boats at the coast line..

In Cherno almost no loot at all, except 1 can of food + 1 5 clips mag. 

Edited by Ori42

Any issue with loot table now?

I've not seen any items recently near fish boats at the coast line..

I used to be able to get netting at Berezhki pretty reliably, but I didn't see any there whatsoever today. In fact, nothing was spawning at the boats at all like you point out. When I see stuff like this, I always assume they meant for it to be that way in this build and/or will fix it when they can.

• Like 1

I used to be able to get netting at Berezhki pretty reliably, but I didn't see any there whatsoever today. In fact, nothing was spawning at the boats at all like you point out. When I see stuff like this, I always assume they meant for it to be that way in this build and/or will fix it when they can.

Yeah, it's soon morning here in EU - maybe they need to reset the loot table this monday.  :)