kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Please don't post misinformation as if it is factual. Some folks take it as gospel.

As well, for some reason you are listing weapons that are not even complete yet.

If you're referring to the VSS or the Red9, those items are listed by the Wiki.. If they are not done yet, then it's the Wiki that's misinformed and they are spreading misinformation. I was simply trying to make the list "complete".

As far as AK101's, M4's, Grenades, and the associated attachments - I stated in my thread that if anyone has found these items, they should post some kind of "proof" of it. This is not me stating things as though they are facts, it's me stating things based on empirical evidence. 

Me saying "Nobody has found an M4 on experimental" is like a scientist saying "We haven't found alien life.".. There's no reason to believe it doesn't exist, just that we lack any evidence that it does. 

So.. Can you provide practical evidence/proof that those items actually ARE spawning? Like, a screenshot or video from Exp .58 showing someone with one? I'm open to the possibility that I simply have not found these things.

Edit: Furthermore, if you tell me what weapons are not done (I am assuming VSS and Red9), I'll happily remove them from the list.. M4, AK101, And grenades however I know have been available in previous patches.

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 2

You sure you didn't die from hypothermia like i did? if you spend a long time in a rainy server you don't even get the cold status it just goes straight to hypothermia after awhile.

Afaik, it said I was "Healthy", Energized and Hydrated were bright green. Could not have been a sniper since I wasn't showing up in any window or such.

Afaik, it said I was "Healthy", Energized and Hydrated were bright green. Could not have been a sniper since I wasn't showing up in any window or such.

If you were on the 2nd level of a building it's possible you desynced, fell through the building, and died. It's been happening since release.

Oh yes, forgot about that one.  Had a similar issue within the last week, dropped through a floor but luckily I was on the first floor of a cabin while spawning in.  Not sure if it's the same mechanic though.

If you were on the 2nd level of a building it's possible you desynced, fell through the building, and died. It's been happening since release.

Recalled that a few days ago we were talking about lights/lighting. Took this pic. last night, apparently NWAF if still taking inbound traffic to resupply Chernarus.  I know it's been posted previously, but had not seen them first hand in a while.

ofKNjqg.jpg

• Like 4

I haven't tried tanning with a barrel but fertilizer works like this, you need the two ingredients guts and plant material in the barrel. Close the lid and right click and you will now have the option to make fertilizer, click it and close your inventory so you can't see what's in there and wait 60 seconds.

I'm going to assume tanning and dying works the same, I also noticed the barrel will disregard anything not part of the crafting process so you can store unrelated items in the barrel while doing it.

It looks like you definitely need a barrel now.  I wonder if the problem was that I didn't close the lid.  Thought I did, but could be wrong.  When I get back to camp, I'm gonna check it.

If you're referring to the VSS or the Red9, those items are listed by the Wiki.. If they are not done yet, then it's the Wiki that's misinformed and they are spreading misinformation.

First of all, the wiki is not associated with the development team or Bohemia Interactive, so it's not an official source of information.

Secondly, there are disclaimers right there on every mention of those weapons that they were in 0.57 Experimental only. They are even listed as "To Be Implemented."

Don't go pointing fingers at the wiki when it's you that isn't doing your homework. That's a good way to make enemies with me, and you don't want to be my enemy... I'm fun ;)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 5

First of all, the wiki is not associated with the development team or Bohemia Interactive, so it's not an official source of information.

Secondly, there are disclaimers right there on every mention of those weapons that they were in 0.57 Experimental only. They are even listed as "To Be Implemented."

Don't go pointing fingers at the wiki when it's you that isn't doing your homework. That's a good way to make enemies with me, and you don't want to be my enemy... I'm fun ;)

1. I know the Wiki is not associated with development. 

2. I did not see any "disclaimer", and I see no disclaimer on the entire weapons page, or when clicking on the weapon link itself.. here:

The Red 9 or in real life Mauser C96 is a semi-automatic Handgun currently in experimental version of Dayz Standalone. The "Red 9" – a variant of the C96 currently in the game chambered in 9x19mm. It was originally contracted for production to help supply sidearms to the Imperial German Army since production of the standard Luger pistol was apparently too slow. It uses an internal magazine, which is fed with a 10rnd stripper clip

And here

The VSS (Russian: Винтовка Снайперская Специальная, Vintovka Snayperskaya Spetsialnaya or "Special Sniper Rifle", GRAU designation 6P29), also called the Vintorez ("thread cutter"), is a suppressed sniper rifle that uses subsonic armor-piercing SP6 cartridge, and was available in the experimental version 0.57 of DayZ Standalone.

It was developed in the late 1980s by TsNIITochMash and manufactured by the Tula Arsenal. It is issued primarily to Spetsnaz units for undercover or clandestine operations, a role made evident by its ability to be stripped down for transport in a specially fitted briefcase.

• Because nobody can find even a single round of it's cartridge after the stable patch 0.57, it's probably not in the loot table. This means you won't find any of these rifles, their magazines or the SP-6 ammunition.

It doesn't say anything about it not being finished...

3. I am not "pointing fingers".. The wiki is wrong on many things. I know this and take the information there with a grain of salt. I am not expecting the VSS to spawn nor the Red9, as I have NEVER seen either of them in the game, but as I said to Hicks, the M4 and AK101, as well as grenades/flashbangs WERE finished at one point. They don't seem to be spawning on experimental, and if they are nobody has posted screenshot/video of it.

Edited by Etherimp

Then stop treating it like an official source.

2. I did not see any "disclaimer", and I see no disclaimer on the entire weapons page, or when clicking on the weapon link itself..

Again, right at the bottom of each page: "To Be Implemented"

3. I am not "pointing fingers".. The wiki is wrong on many things. I know this and take the information there with a grain of salt.

That's exactly what you're doing, and if you know it's wrong then why bother referring to it as a source of information? You're contradicting yourself. You can't call out the developers and then refer to an unofficial source of information (which you acknowledge is not official and often wrong) as your entire argument.

Edited by Tatanko

Then stop treating it like an official source.

Again, right at the bottom of each page: "To Be Implemented"

That's exactly what you're doing, and if you know it's wrong then why bother referring to it as a source of information? You're contradicting yourself. You can't call out the developers and then refer to an unofficial source of information (which you acknowledge is not official and often wrong) as your entire argument.

There's no fucking argument! I used the Wiki as a "SOURCE" for a "LIST OF ITEMS IN THE GAME" because there IS NO OFFICIAL LIST. Please show me on the DayZ homepage where I can find a list of weapons and items? THERE IS NO OFFICIAL SOURCE. I acknowledge that the VSS and Red9 are NOT IN THE GAME.. They have not been implemented. I took several months off, so I figured maybe they were implemented while I was gone, I added them to the list for the sake of COMPLETION, as I was NOT AWARE that they were NOT IMPLEMENTED. I have said already that I would happily remove them if they are "not done"..

This still DOES NOT address the issue with OTHER weapons and items NOT spawning.

ps: You mean, right down at the bottom of the page where it shows the "path" to the folder? 

hxMX6co.jpg

Yeah. That's really obvious. The BODY of the page says nothing about "To be implemented". 

Edited by Etherimp

There's no fucking argument! I used the Wiki as a "SOURCE" for a "LIST OF ITEMS IN THE GAME" because there IS NO OFFICIAL LIST. Please show me on the DayZ homepage where I can find a list of weapons and items? THERE IS NO OFFICIAL SOURCE. I acknowledge that the VSS and Red9 are NOT IN THE GAME.. They have not been implemented. I took several months off, so I figured maybe they were implemented while I was gone, I added them to the list for the sake of COMPLETION, as I was NOT AWARE that they were NOT IMPLEMENTED. I have said already that I would happily remove them if they are "not done"..

This still DOES NOT address the issue with OTHER weapons and items NOT spawning.

Dude, chill out. Being hyper-aggressive with people will get you nowhere. I've said everything there is to be said, and in the end all I was doing was asking you not to be a dick about your references to the wiki... I don't think that was unreasonable of me. It's clear you aren't a contributor or you wouldn't be simultaneously quoting it as gospel and badmouthing it.

Edited by Tatanko

Calm down, no need to get upset, things come and go, changes are made and will continue to do so for a good while yet.

• Like 3

Dude, chill out. Being hyper-aggressive with people will get you nowhere. I've said everything there is to be said, and in the end all I was doing was asking you not to be a dick about your references to the wiki... I don't think that was unreasonable of me. It's clear you aren't a contributor or you wouldn't be simultaneously quoting it as gospel and badmouthing it.

Oh my god, you're telling me I'm being hyper-aggressive and then you're putting words into my mouth and undermining me

1. I didn't badmouth it. I said it WASN'T ACCURATE. That's a FACT which YOU ADMIT.. it's not BAD MOUTHING if it's TRUE.

2. I didn't QUOTE IT AS GOSPEL.. I USED IT AS REFERENCE. There's a difference. 

3. I wasn't "Being a dick about my references to the Wiki".. 

No. I don't contribute to the Wiki. If I did, I would put things like "TO BE IMPLEMENTED" in big bold font on the BODY of the page, not hidden down in the "path" of the page.

• Like 1

It looks like you definitely need a barrel now.  I wonder if the problem was that I didn't close the lid.  Thought I did, but could be wrong.  When I get back to camp, I'm gonna check it.

Well, closed the lid this time.  And like others have reported, everything vanished - lime and pelts.  I made a nice empty barrel.

• Like 1

No. I don't contribute to the Wiki.

Then you have no right to criticize it, the same as someone who doesn't vote has no right to criticize elected officials. End of discussion.

Well, closed the lid this time.  And like others have reported, everything vanished - lime and pelts.  I made a nice empty barrel.

Report it, I've been dying to try but haven't seen any big game in weeks except for one unknown in the distance around Msta but I had the truck on my todolist at the time and making noise around there on a half full server didn't seem like a good idea. 

Calm down, no need to get upset, things come and go, changes are made and will continue to do so for a good while yet.

• Like 4

Then you have no right to criticize it, the same as someone who doesn't vote has no right to criticize elected officials. End of discussion.

That's a fallacious argument, plain and simple.

Whether I vote or not has no bearing on what officials do, because they're all liars who are owned by bankers, oil executives, and weapons contractors.

Whether I contribute to the Wiki or not does not excuse mistakes and fallacies written on said Wiki by people I have absolutely no control over. 

By your logic, if I failed to exist in this world to run around correcting other peoples mistakes, then their mistakes would be completely excusable. 

My brain hurts trying to even think like that. 

Edited by Etherimp
  • Like 1

It's pretty obvious that the m4s not spawning is a feature, they're using the tears of the KOS kiddies to provide the moisture for the re-introduction of rain. FACT.

• Like 10

If you're referring to the VSS or the Red9, those items are listed by the Wiki.. If they are not done yet, then it's the Wiki that's misinformed and they are spreading misinformation. I was simply trying to make the list "complete".

As far as AK101's, M4's, Grenades, and the associated attachments - I stated in my thread that if anyone has found these items, they should post some kind of "proof" of it. This is not me stating things as though they are facts, it's me stating things based on empirical evidence. 

Me saying "Nobody has found an M4 on experimental" is like a scientist saying "We haven't found alien life.".. There's no reason to believe it doesn't exist, just that we lack any evidence that it does. 

So.. Can you provide practical evidence/proof that those items actually ARE spawning? Like, a screenshot or video from Exp .58 showing someone with one? I'm open to the possibility that I simply have not found these things.

Edit: Furthermore, if you tell me what weapons are not done (I am assuming VSS and Red9), I'll happily remove them from the list.. M4, AK101, And grenades however I know have been available in previous patches.

The thing is, I saw the VSS in action back in 0.57 experimental. 

We have to assume our scientific team is correct when they say this or that item doesn't spawn, as the only proof we could really have is the loot table.

I can only depend on myself and those who I trust to let me know what's in the current loot tables, officially spawning, and what's not.

For one, I can confirm that the plastic compass that was added in 0.54 doesn't spawn, at all.

• Like 2

For one, I can confirm that the plastic compass that was added in 0.54 doesn't spawn, at all.

Good catch, I haven't seen one in for ever although I prefer the old style because it easier to read the heading numbers on my setup.

• Like 3

Report it, I've been dying to try but haven't seen any big game in weeks except for one unknown in the distance around Msta but I had the truck on my todolist at the time and making noise around there on a half full server didn't seem like a good idea. 

There's already an open  ticket.  I added a note and upvoted.  Wish I hadn't put all 3 deer pelts in it.   :D

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

2. I did not see any "disclaimer", and I see no disclaimer on the entire weapons page, or when clicking on the weapon link itself.. here:

The Red 9 or in real life Mauser C96 is a semi-automatic Handgun currently in experimental version of Dayz Standalone. The "Red 9" – a variant of the C96 currently in the game chambered in 9x19mm. It was originally contracted for production to help supply sidearms to the Imperial German Army since production of the standard Luger pistol was apparently too slow. It uses an internal magazine, which is fed with a 10rnd stripper clip

And here

The VSS (Russian: Винтовка Снайперская Специальная, Vintovka Snayperskaya Spetsialnaya or "Special Sniper Rifle", GRAU designation 6P29), also called the Vintorez ("thread cutter"), is a suppressed sniper rifle that uses subsonic armor-piercing SP6 cartridge, and was available in the experimental version 0.57 of DayZ Standalone.

It was developed in the late 1980s by TsNIITochMash and manufactured by the Tula Arsenal. It is issued primarily to Spetsnaz units for undercover or clandestine operations, a role made evident by its ability to be stripped down for transport in a specially fitted briefcase.

• Because nobody can find even a single round of it's cartridge after the stable patch 0.57, it's probably not in the loot table. This means you won't find any of these rifles, their magazines or the SP-6 ammunition.

It doesn't say anything about it not being finished...

3. I am not "pointing fingers".. The wiki is wrong on many things. I know this and take the information there with a grain of salt. I am not expecting the VSS to spawn nor the Red9, as I have NEVER seen either of them in the game, but as I said to Hicks, the M4 and AK101, as well as grenades/flashbangs WERE finished at one point. They don't seem to be spawning on experimental, and if they are nobody has posted screenshot/video of it.

red9w1cba3xkmz.jpg

found one in .57 on exp. and it worked fine. don´t know if if needs an mag but the one i found needs no mag.

cool weapon

• Like 1

Good catch, I haven't seen one in for ever although I prefer the old style because it easier to read the heading numbers on my setup.

It's kind of embarrassing to admit this, but the new one confuses me sometimes. I can never make up my mind which way is South and which way is North until I hit landmarks I am familiar with.

There's already an open  ticket.  I added a note an upvoted.  Wish I hadn't put all 3 deer pelts in it.   :D

When it is active I'd start off slowly adding materials, the more I played with making fertilizer the more I got confused about the actual formula to get a 100% bag. The best I did was 83% but only got 70% with a combination that seemed like it would make more.