boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

dayz never worked as it should, without bugs, glitchs, desync and cheaters! It they ever make it finished and without all that I wont recognise this game.

If you don't recognize the game why buy it? lol And btw of course Dayz had those because it was never a standalone game. It was originally a mod for arma 2. So not sure what Dayz games you are talking about. This is the first actual standalone Dayz which is still in development. Or as people say "Alpha." So yes it's going to have issues. 

Edited by Kronons
  • Like 1

Played a bit more than two hours on one of the DayZTV-Servers (private,1pp) - good ping for me.

It was really "stable" no lag and desync (max ~30players), except from a ~1-2 second massive desync/rubberbanding every ~15-20min.

First, I saw no zeds. Then I find some in Topolniki, sneaked behind the first one, aimed with my bow, shot the first arrow.
Hit the infected, he stumbled, then four of them attacked me.
(I looks like the bow attract zeds like every other weapon? Can someone confirm?)
I led them to Novaya Petrovka, ran through some houses and between bushes, so they stopped chasing me and did their random idle walk.

In the end it is (still, because of the lack of stamina) too easy to get rid of the infected.

Loot seems a bit odd. Found lots of canned food, many hats and bandanas, some medical stuff and meele weapons but no firearms or ammo. But it was definitely enough to survive.

Also, I found a tent and it disappears shortly after I pitched it.

Tomorrow I will test some more and give my feedback.

Wow, get over yourself.

Seen it too many times on this server, admins removing posts that criticize the game in any way. Just making it clear that if I broke any rules.. I want to be shown what rules were broken. Not just personal opinions of admins. It's their job to remove posts that break any of the rules.. not remove posts they don't personally like. That's all.  :rolleyes:

definite progress. I hated the circle in exp. but I think the team have nailed the new reticule. it's not intrusive at all. The zombies are a huge improvement too. I love persistence but I hate the whole concept of a central loot economy. The soviet union were the last to attempt that and that didn't work out too well. (I'm not being entirely serious with the last comment but I'm also not totally joking.)

• Like 2

First impressions of 0.55. I think the zeds are going in the right direction, just need to be able to kill them a bit easier.  I like it that loot is all over the place and not just to be found in there usual places. The down side is lack of loot especial food.  I would not want to be a fresh spawn in this new build it would be very hard to get any where with the lack of food, drink and melee weapons really not much use against zeds. We have gone from the land of milk and honey to a dessert as far as loot goes. Loot could do with some tweaking.

Ok quit NOW before Boneboys ban hammers both of you.

This isn't an April Fools Joke as much as you wish that might be the case.

Yes, there is trouble with this build.  If any of you would take the time to occasionally look on the experimental thread you would know that already.  It's well reported there.  No one person is really a tank anymore.  BUT, it's MUCH easier to get around zeds than ever before, they won't agro on you from 200 meters away AND individually they are not so hard to take down IF you are willing to take some damage too.   Beware groups of zeds, they get you now, almost every time and if they don't get you they'll have ruined damn near everything you have before you get them all.

Adapt or DIE, it's that simple.  So can the public personal arguments, it does the thread no good.

• Like 5

Alright, nothing is "broken" right now, maybe loot spawns on some servers, but there's still servers with "correct" loot spawns.

I say nothing is broken, mainly because nothing is finished.

I feel sorry for all of those who have a tough time, but personally I love it. I love the servers with weird loot spawns, and I adore the improved infected.

They are everywhere! (But less at military bases, go figure.  :lol: ) I had a great time on experimental, and I'm enjoying stable 0.55 a lot. Best version of the game so far for me.

1128mc9.jpg

Sorry for lack of colors, food was scarce and I wasn't energized, also some of the infected had hit me too. Experimental last night. Just for infected reference.

2z4xr35.jpg

11qlftl.jpg

Had only seen this infected in screenshots and never in game.

m79rpk.jpg

Back on stable. Walkers everywhere, roaming in search of their next prey.

119szzb.jpg

34spc3n.jpg

Either run, or shoot them. Melee your way if you want, but it's risky.

:thumbsup:

• Like 6

Look guys, Honestly this post has been mostly hating on the change. Change is change good or bad. Can we please keep commenting on tips and experiences from .55 changelog for fellow survivors? Only saw maybe ten comments that said anything that could aide me when i get on tonight when i get off school.

Heres what ive collected for those in pursuit of knowledge:

-Zombies are stronger now

-Fireaxe = 5-6 zombie hits to kill

-Dodging zombies by dancing no longer works

-Tents are broken

-Loot is more rare

-Shooting zombies may be more effective than hitting them

-Your clothes is gonna get more ruined from now on

-More zombie spawns, hordes

-Zombies have tenticle arms that hit you before the animation so watch out

- You can now use stealth to evade zombies (reports of running behind zombies line of sight and no aggro)

-Trapping zombies in houses may be more effective than fighting them

Lets please keep the flow of information going for those in need,

-TT

Edited by TerribleTomato
  • Like 6

definite progress. I hated the circle in exp. but I think the team have nailed the new reticule. it's not intrusive at all.

I, too, had my reservations about the switch. Now I actually like the new one more. 95% of the time you don't even see it.

• Like 4

I think one thing that contributes to the fustration people have is the language used by the dev team. Using phrases like 'experimental' and 'pushed to stable' makes people think they are getting a polished product on 'stable branch' servers. It all wrong. Really the devs should change the way they label things, maybe say 'pushed to community testing' thus implying the very fact of what we are doing? It just seems this might negate some of the frustration people feel when they log onto a server (stable) and find a load of unfinished stuff?

It wouldn't make a jot of difference unfortunately. You should think of experimental as "your pc may burst into flames" and stable as "your pc probably won't burst into flames."

• Like 5

if you like the zombies that we had before then you're the only one

No, he is not. Harder zombies? Ok, not a problem, but not when:

- zombies still can beat shit out of you trough walls/doors (I see him outside, yet game think he is inside) and now they can ruin your clothing with one hit (I just said bye bye to my M65 jacket, it was pristine and then zombie hit me once)

- zombies are laggy as hell

- then can hit you without actually facing your or reaching you

There should be more zombies not stronger zombies.

And wtf they can open doors now? They are running like retards, but somehow know how to open doors? What next? Zombie driving V3S or shooting mosin? It's just plain stupid idea.

Another thing: Why they force persistence when it don't work properly? You can find mp5 mags, rak mags, etc. etc. but there is no food. Actually I see same thing I saw after 1st iteration of persistence: a lot of useless crap, books, tents, etc. but no food. Food is as always is stacked in one little shed in the middle of nowhere. I visited mili base just seconds after servers started. There was no gear in long barracks (literally 2 pair of books and 3 bullets 5.45mm). Yet near destroyed ACPs there was like 2 or 3 AKMs. few mags, 2 mountain backpacks, few boxes of bullets and a lot of camo clothes. It was just after servers started! So persistence is as broken as it was months ago.

• Like 1

If massive game breaking bugs cause you so much rage, you probably should not be testing an Alpha or maybe even a Beta.

If you have followed this project for long enough you would be mentally prepared for wipes, lost gear, glitched interactions with EVERYTHING, and hax.

Taking a stand off-ish attitude with the mods here, will also not curry you any favor, and no dev is required to answer a single post you make.

I wanna see a petition, Cornholio.

Because there's no way all those people who gave me nearly 1,500 cans of beans for my posts, HATE what I write.

:facepalm:

It cause's me so much rage? I'm sure in your delusional mind I am foaming from the mouth and close to tearing my own throat out but in reality game breaking bugs must be shown to the developers and by all of us "complaining" of a legitimate issue and not "bitching". I don't care about lost gear so do not apply any statements that have never been written or spoken by myself towards me.

And yes I can take a stand off-ish stance with the administrators as it's their job to make people abide by the rules and nothing more. Personal taste should not interfere with any of it. 

Now show me where I demand a response from the developers. I don't want to hear what anyone besides them has to say. If it doesn't get a response.. so be it! but I do not want to hear a response by anyone besides them. Don't accuse me when it's clear to see. 

Enjoy your beans you are probably someone's hero.  :thumbsup:  Here's another 5 for your collection  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

It cause's me so much rage? I'm sure in your delusional mind I am foaming from the mouth and close to tearing my own throat out but in reality game breaking bugs must be shown to the developers and by all of us "complaining" of a legitimate issue and not "bitching". I don't care about lost gear so do not apply any statements that have never been written or spoken by myself towards me.

And yes I can take a stand off-ish stance with the administrators as it's their job to make people abide by the rules and nothing more. Personal taste should not interfere with any of it. 

Now show me where I demand a response from the developers. I don't want to hear what anyone besides them has to say. If it doesn't get a response.. so be it! but I do not want to hear a response by anyone besides them. Don't accuse me when it's clear to see. 

Enjoy your beans you are probably someone's hero.  :thumbsup:  Here's another 5 for your collection  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

rattled

• Like 1

Current patch experience: Spawn, Starve, Die, Repeat. Loot is more broken now than when they first introduced persistence. 

One change I think most people (hardcore and casual players alike) will welcome - zeds are easier to spot and identify from a distance now because of their idle roaming. No more confusing one with a bush, lamppost or a survivor or plainly missing them (especially at night) because they stand still.

As always, observing a location from a safe vantage point before looting is strongly advised. Now more than ever.  ;)

• Like 2

Discussing semantics wont change anything.

Besides, when you purchased the "game" you knew you were gonna log into a load of unfinished stuff.

Back to Hogwarts Harry!

Lol that last part just got me haha ... But seriously guys negative criticism is ok but look at the way you word things ... I mean cornholio above me is wondering why his comments get deleted (or is assuming that will happen) but then goes on to ask If the devs are serious with all their choices and how they could have made better decisions if only they had listened to his worldly opinions ...

Voice your opinion all you want but stop at that and don't say "do you guys seriously ever think of what you are doing ?!?" And start to personally insult other forum members (pg.7, c-holio) Because you just sound like a rude , Ill informed alpha tester . People say "give us less updates so stable can be stable" well guess what? It still won't be "stable" enough for people like cornholio complaining about absolutely everything from zombies to the structure of the games release pattern ... Because you just can't please everyone , I believe that this is the absolute right way to develop an alpha game and I think peoples ridiculous accusations that zombies are getting worse with no progress forward is just ignorant, plain ignorant to say because it's obvious how they have changed ... and don't be offended if you've chosen to be ignorant by believing everything you see is permanent ,we are all ignorant at one time or another but you damn well know these bugs won't last , neither will this Desync that causes all the zombie crap to occur. So if you have an opinion just drop it here with a well thought out reason why it should change and how , beyond that you're just attacking others with your opinion, and If someone argues with your opinion don't blow off the handle and personally Insult them .

So when the time comes , that being when all of those that heavily criticized this game (based off of emotionally fueled personal bias) come back to the game to check out all these "useless features not worth adding yet" they will quickly realize adding features and working on everything slowly is much better than completing one part 100% and then moving onto the next .. They have added new Ai for zombies because we NEED to progress , so please unless you really know what you're talking about don't look ignorant like cornholio and think just because you are having a less than ideal time with some of the mechanics that the game is broken now and that they aren't making progress because when you open your eyes you realize what you hate most IS progress(new glitches = progress, old glitches take time but eventually get worked out, and new content cannot be avoided no matter how scared you are of the sometimes extreme testing we do as alpha testers with that content , I.e how extreme zombies are right now , data NEEDS to be collected on EXP AND stable as well) .

I think many are feeling annoyed because they thought dayz was something it's not : "a shoot 'em up survival sim with some zombies!" It was in the beginning but that's starting to change, so please unless you know how to debug large lines of dayz code , don't act like you know how to fix bugs (or which bugs should be easy to fix , as sometimes it's not as easy as it seems and will be connected to many things ) , and unless you have developed a game with a better method , don't try and come here to a public forums and act as if you've found some industry changing way to develope video games proper, and if you're one of those polite negative critics, then just express your opinion here and don't go on a rant like cornholio or others do on a regular basis which ostracizes them into feeling like those who defend the mechanics are just biased , we are not , we want improvements too which is why we use the bug tracker to track broken stuff and we *politely* place our opinion here for everyone to see , we get noticed in a positive way and even though not all of our opinions are seen by the devs , it won't matter because were not here to sway the devs in a certain direction were here to test the game and give pointers to where the game needs fixing , those who see what's broken can just simply state it , not scream it in ten posts and attack other members because we don't agree with them !

Time to play some stable and get more weapons , I found a Pm-73 RAK an mp5 and a shotgun just an hour ago so I'm going back in !

Edited by Grapefruit kush
  • Like 7

One change I think most people (hardcore and casual players alike) will welcome - zeds are easier to spot and identify from a distance now because of their idle roaming. No more confusing one with a bush, lamppost or a survivor or plainly missing them (especially at night) because they stand still.

As always, observing a location from a safe vantage point before looting is strongly advised. Now more than ever.  ;)

Totally.

If you played the mod... time to dust off those infected recon skills!

They actually are less sensitive to aggro in some ways than the infected I remember from the mod.

They certainly only have a crude sort of hearing implemented at this time.

At 100yds you can safely slink on by, anything around -50yds is more touch and go.

Don't be afraid to stand toe to toe with the new infected and clothing seems to take a lot of the damage before you do (sewing kit and leather repair kit are like repairing armor).

If you can solidly impact an infected with a melee weapon, not only will it stagger, but your swing will reset faster, and you can swing multiple times in quick succession.

Try to get North, be anxious to do so but there will be more infected there.

Pick berries before you go red.

Disease may be in the water/around so I've been using purification tabs and collecting medicine when I can.

It seems like if you approach this build like the vanilla mod, watching from treelines, crouching, slowly moving about a town, you can kill a few single infected with a melee weapon, duck into some houses, and just give the rest a wide berth to move along early on.

TerribleTomato, I hope some of that will help with your info gathering.

Edit: Grapefruit kush - you have so much more patience than I....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Don't be afraid to stand toe to toe with the new infected and clothing seems to take a lot of the damage before you do.

I found that is the most effective way to deal with them with a melee weapon. Ok you maybe take a hit or two but you at least kill them. People are still doing the circling thing and it's disastrous. All you do is guarantee you'll miss and be hit if you use that old tactic.

Edited by freethink

I think the root of the problem is that it's difficult for many people to extract valid ideas from posts and respond to them dispassionately when they are intermixed with emotionally-charged language.  :rolleyes:

Here's what I do:

1. Look at the explicit meaning of words and phrases to extract the dry idea and reasoning, ignoring the connotation and intonation entirely.
  2. If the idea is valid, respond and argue for/against the idea, not the person.
  3. If the post contains personal attacks, illogical statements and/or emotionally-charged adverbs:
    1. If it also contains valid ideas, ignore the 'questionable' content and see 1.
    2. If it contains nothing of merit, ignore the post altogether. DO NOT RESPOND.

Peace be with you.  :beans:

• Like 2

Should of fixed persistence  before forcing it to all servers. Looted Cherno and all i found was heat pack and crow bar.

Edit: Just get off the shore and you can find loot way more challenging but IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

Edited by HaveADeath

Stop And Think for a second Team.

Listen to yourselves?

Right, Firstly. We all know about the Uber Zombies and the loot being rugged and sometimes scarce and all. But all you guys are doing is re-posting the previous reply? The more you whine is not going to make it any better.

SOLUTION: Start posting suggestions and useful and positive feedback, find ways to overcome the obstacle and the threat? Converge and produce solutions to the new difficulties?

If everyone works together in developing and scoping out a way to manoeuvre around the new implemented pain in the ass we will soon enough develop a tactic to conquer the new threat.

And if more people contribute to this then it will become more and more efficient and fit for pourpose. For Example: if you find a way to deal with zombies or a way to deal with a certain situation then share it with the community on detail? It will benefit all of us and help us tolerate the bad things and it will give the developers some space to breathe whilst they fix it.

Right now it's just causing havoc, god bless you all team and just please try make a conscious effort to improve the validity of the posts and make them into valuable feedback and suggestions.

Hang in there team!

• Like 2

Oh and gunshots are bugged again. Just died because I didn't hear a guy shooting in my back. 4 shots from mosin from like 5m. 0 gunshot sounds, 0 hit sounds, just gray screen and when I finnaly saw him it was too late.

Start posting suggestions and useful and positive feedback

My suggestion is: devs should stop forcing things that don't work at all. We paid for developing process of this game. They have enough money, because we bought this game. So they should consider our suggestions/opinions. And I think that forcing broken system is not a good idea. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Edited by kubas246