boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127129

Are the helicrashes spawning anything ?

2 sites and nothing at all server restart 1 is still there and nothing again 

Not sure what the deal is there

I haven't been on today, but yes, they were spawning items last night.

Seeing zombies in more areas is awesome, and I LOVE that I am now actually scared into avoiding them now! 

These are both in Belaya Polana, which is fairly remote (you may need to click the image to see the zombie, I'm at a distance in these shots):

2N0k84g.jpg

PsC9FYl.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

Vultures have already picked them all clean. I've seen dudes running around in trucks, they have probably toured the map and cleaned out all crashes.

Seeing zombies in more areas is awesome, and I LOVE that I am now actually scared into avoiding them now! 

These are both in Belaya Polana, which is fairly remote (you may need to click the image to see the zombie, I'm at a distance in these shots):

2N0k84g.jpg

PsC9FYl.jpg

Additionally, have you noticed that rather than just pace back and forth, they now have a regular routine, as if exploring? Their path can be quite lengthy and I've even seen them casually wander in and out of houses, while looking for their next meal.

• Like 3

Seriously? The loot is all fucked up. Many areas and entire buildings do not spawn loot at all, while you can find things like high capacity vests in civilian houses.

Another problem is that tents disappear as soon as you plop them down, I'm gonna be very displeased if that happens on stable when i redeploy my military tent.

Try another server, as the one you was on had messed up loot tables. It seems there still "old" hardware servers on and these don't have the correct loot tables. I shouldn't say that, they might want to close them and I'm having a blast trying to survive with almost no food spawning.

Had to make up for it and start farming since I didn't have matches to cook any meat hunted.

On a broken loot table server.

6eqhrq.jpg

No more tent as it disappears right after being pitched. It's not doing this on the new hardware servers.

kbxhs5.jpg

• Like 2

They could have been looted, but I've noticed that after server restart, the helicopter crash sites respawning at a different location was a little bit off the correct spawn point, so loot wasn't close to the crash site itself.

Found a few crash sites with displaced loot like this one. You can see the items top right corner, it was a coupled mag, a few attachments for the M4, and all the mags were full.

1z3osuo.jpg

• Like 1

They could have been looted, but I've noticed that after server restart, the helicopter crash sites respawning at a different location was a little bit off the correct spawn point, so loot wasn't close to the crash site itself.

Found a few crash sites with displaced loot like this one. You can see the items top right corner, it was a coupled mag, a few attachments for the M4, and all the mags were full.

1z3osuo.jpg

Confirmed. The SMERSH vest that I found was about twice that distance from the chopper. It was VERY difficult to see in the grass.

• Like 1

Can you please reduce the US servers down to 1 of each? Force these sissies to play together. 

• Like 1

Can you please reduce the US servers down to 1 of each? Force these sissies to play together. 

Yes, and if my ping is greater than 125ms and I have massive desync and rubber banding, then that's just tough, right?

Yes, and if my ping is greater than 125ms and I have massive desync and rubber banding, then that's just tough, right?

Not much testing going on with those problems.

I just had a really enjoyable play session and there were 10-15 people on the server at the peak popularity.

Landing Northeast looking for infected I cut an interesting path West and came upon a large town.

In one industrial garage area I killed 4 (maybe 5) clearing it out so I could loot it and then on the edge of town I found a smokestack perch and there were another 5 infected for me to snipe with the Longhorn.

Other than that I saw maybe another 5 in a 2 hour session.

I experienced a bug where I shot a zombie at close range with a repeater and immediately went prone (similar to the drinking glitch).

Personally, I've been "late" to just about every military and police location I come across and haven't stumbled on a chopper in a while. :(

The NE Airstrip had a CR75 and magazine, which was the most interesting grab of that kind.

Thankfully, people don't appreciate the civilian gear so there's tons of that....

Thank you to those that gave feedback, the info from the Topic was relayed to Eugene & Brian at regular  intervals over the past couple of days.

Invisible fresh food, health & sickness from pond water, Z feedback including some instant respawns and loot spawning in general included.

I found that the ammo was quite well distributed, there was some of everything but not a lot of anything  :huh:

Didn't find any stacked loot piles in this build which is a good sign.

One thing I did notice was loot being misplaced where police cars spawn (mid air & 3/4 metres off) which sounds similar to the crash site problem mentioned previously.

Thanks.

• Like 2

was on uk2 - 1pp late last night and saw this, but only in the few buildings near Cap Golova where i spawned in...

One thing I did notice was loot being misplaced where police cars spawn (mid air & 3/4 metres off) which sounds similar to the crash site problem mentioned previously.

Thanks.

Yeah, I only found empty police cars with loot spawning a couple of meters next to them. One I can remember was in Novodmitrovsk, and I couldn't drive my truck through the arch there. At first I thought I'd hit an invisible wall, but then realized that I had hit a pair of handcuffs, floating around in mid-air.

I also still get the occasional (ammo) splitting sound, Since the server was very full I suppose it could have been a player sometimes. But most times it happened I was still far away and scouting.

About the zombies: what I also called Desync at the beginning might be something different alltogether. There is a kind of response lag that would qualify as desync, but it feels a bit different. I think the issue is more with the animation and distance to the player (can a zombie be hit while playing an animation at all?); to counter/block him? Sometimes I wish I could give him a mightyboot in the face...

I know I stunned a Z a few times, I saw the response. However, the time between stun and hitting him again was shorter than the time he needed to recover and hit me. Shotting them worked best for me. And avoiding/crouching works as well, I just don't see them in the cities.

Edited by S3V3N

Been playing tonight and haven't had any problems getting disconnected. I did do a reinstall but I think they may have changed something with the servers. I took my geared character down to spy what was going on in Electro. Watching all the fresh spawns deal with the zombies was funny. There was no loot left almost anywhere. I had to check half the town just to find a pair of shoes to replace my boots. Desync seemed pretty bad. Had a run in with an invisible zombie. Besides that the game felt pretty good for EXP.

I will call your Cholera and raise you two Malarias.  :D

Bubonic plague

Septicemic plague

Pneumonic plague

Pharyngeal plague

Meningeal plague

royal flush

xx

Been playing tonight and haven't had any problems getting disconnected. I did do a reinstall but I think they may have changed something with the servers. I took my geared character down to spy what was going on in Electro. Watching all the fresh spawns deal with the zombies was funny. There was no loot left almost anywhere. I had to check half the town just to find a pair of shoes to replace my boots. Desync seemed pretty bad. Had a run in with an invisible zombie. Besides that the game felt pretty good for EXP.

It's good to hear that your connection was more stable than last night. I had awesome pings and server performance, but very little company on the server. I think most people were put off by all of the rain. Without exaggeration, it must have rained for 80% of the time. I saw a dozen, or more people log on and then within 5-10 minutes they would log back off. The rain is pretty punishing, if you are hungry and you don't have the proper attire.

Loot was pretty much hit and miss for me. In some places it was sparse and in others, it was adequate. I didn't see anything approaching an abundance. Reading between the lines, the devs may intend for this to be the new normal, now that they have a more granular control over the distribution. I only found one chopper crash and it was picked clean.

On build #4 I kept finding P1 pistols and CR75 magazines. The last two nights, I found both CR75 and 1911 pistols, but only P1 magazines! God help the zeds, if I ever get this sorted out, because I also found a pistol suppressor.

The only thing that upset me tonight was losing my repeater. I was next to a bush and I set the repeater down (the reason escapes me at the moment) and when I tried to pick it up, I couldn't. It was stuck in the bush in plain sight, about 0.5m off of the ground, but I couldn't get a prompt to pick it back up. So, there I was, with nothing but a fire ax and a pistol with no magazine. I felt naked without my repeater and I really didn't want to melee with any zeds without something more persuasive, so I headed to the nearby Vybor military base. Luckily, I found a SKS, but there was no ammunition there, whatsoever. Like the nearby chopper crash, it had been picked clean and I found nothing else of any value. I had to go all the way to the Myshkino military camp to find some 7.62x39mm ammo.

It's good to hear that your connection was more stable than last night. I had awesome pings and server performance, but very little company on the server. I think most people were put off by all of the rain. Without exaggeration, it must have rained for 80% of the time. I saw a dozen, or more people log on and then within 5-10 minutes they would log back off. The rain is pretty punishing, if you are hungry and you don't have the proper attire.

Loot was pretty much hit and miss for me. In some places it was sparse and in others, it was adequate. I didn't see anything approaching an abundance. Reading between the lines, the devs may intend for this to be the new normal, now that they have a more granular control over the distribution. I only found one chopper crash and it was picked clean.

On build #4 I kept finding P1 pistols and CR75 magazines. The last two nights, I found both CR75 and 1911 pistols, but only P1 magazines! God help the zeds, if I ever get this sorted out, because I also found a pistol suppressor.

The only thing that upset me tonight was losing my repeater. I was next to a bush and I set the repeater down (the reason escapes me at the moment) and when I tried to pick it up, I couldn't. It was stuck in the bush in plain sight, about 0.5m off of the ground, but I couldn't get a prompt to pick it back up. So, there I was, with nothing but a fire ax and a pistol with no magazine. I felt naked without my repeater and I really didn't want to melee with any zeds without something more persuasive, so I headed to the nearby Vybor military base. Luckily, I found a SKS, but there was no ammunition there, whatsoever. Like the nearby chopper crash, it had been picked clean and I found nothing else of any value. I had to go all the way to the Myshkino military camp to find some 7.62x39mm ammo.

I had a drybag do that the other day and I kept crawling under it and standing up to see the pick up prompt. It took a few tries but I eventually "caught" it as I was transitioning up. 

Edited by BCBasher

I had a drybag do that the other day and I kept crawling under it and standing up to see the pick up prompt. It took a few tries but I eventually "caught" it as I was transitioning up. 

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it.

I made several attempts to pick it up, but I didn't think to crawl under it and then stand. Since I was well within sight of a chopper crash, all I could picture, was a couple of geared guys driving up on me, in a V3S. My heart was pounding and I could take only so much of the anxiety, so I HAD to move on.

This game can really yank on your emotions; it was definitely a bad feeling!

• Like 1

The only thing that upset me tonight was losing my repeater. I was next to a bush and I set the repeater down (the reason escapes me at the moment) and when I tried to pick it up, I couldn't. It was stuck in the bush in plain sight, about 0.5m off of the ground, but I couldn't get a prompt to pick it back up. 

Did you cut down that bush?

• Like 1

Edited by Tatanko

Did you cut down that bush?

Yup that normally works. Salvaged many a lost item in trees and bushes by chopping them down!

Big D's got the rest of the day off , so after some crunchy ab workouts I plan on loving the crap out of this 80 player server I've heard tall tale of . As many people on the internet say pertaining to video game content : my body is ready .

Thank you to those that gave feedback, the info from the Topic was relayed to Eugene & Brian at regular  intervals over the past couple of days.

Invisible fresh food, health & sickness from pond water, Z feedback including some instant respawns and loot spawning in general included.

I found that the ammo was quite well distributed, there was some of everything but not a lot of anything  :huh:

Thanks.

it is good, but i hope they also read the newest exp. branch threads on reddit... i have quite a few times that the unofficial changelogs or summaries contained a lot of information, which was not posted here.

Big D's got the rest of the day off , so after some crunchy ab workouts I plan on loving the crap out of this 80 player server I've heard tall tale of . As many people on the internet say pertaining to video game content : my body is ready .

WTF?? Is today stable update day or not?? Why are they trolling us?