boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127129

With respect to spoilers I wont reveal too much but there's a new and fairly large wilderness camp in the north. :D  Complete with enough zeds to keep a solo survivor busy for a while, I used all of my 15 repeater ammo cleaning them out and then had to finish with the axe.   I almost went full double-rainbow when I saw the place, as it suddenly appeared in my normal loot-route!  Very nice Senchi!

With respect to spoilers I wont reveal too much but there's a new and fairly large wilderness camp in the north. :D  Complete with enough zeds to keep a solo survivor busy for a while, I used all of my 15 repeater ammo cleaning them out and then had to finish with the axe.   I almost went full double-rainbow when I saw the place, as it suddenly appeared in my normal loot-route!  Very nice Senchi!

You're not really spoiling anything at this point. I'm guessing you're referring to one of these six areas:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Camping_Areas

EDIT: Or...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222970-map-changes-in-055127059/?p=2241886

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 1

I keep hoping with each patch plant material will work as a fertilizer, not yet, alas. :(

-snip-

I'm more concerned about sickness and disease not kicking in as expected.

Any further feedback would be appreciated, so go drink teh pondswater people and don't forget to take the purification tablets with you...

Thanks.

Been using tabs on questionable water....

Hope that provides teh feedbacks.

You're not really spoiling anything at this point. I'm guessing you're referring to one of these six areas:

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Camping_Areas

EDIT: Or...

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222970-map-changes-in-055127059/?p=2241886

Oh duh.   Thanks for the links, it's the first time I've been to them, the one I saw was definitely Pobeda.   Were these in the last .55 experimental, or only this last recent version?  I'm sure I would've seen this one.

Oh duh.   Thanks for the links, it's the first time I've been to them, the one I saw was definitely Pobeda.   Were these in the last .55 experimental, or only this last recent version?  I'm sure I would've seen this one.

They were in the last build from the 25th, but the only one in an "obvious" spot is Kometa, at Topolka Dam, so I'm not surprised that you didn't stumble upon one in your travels.

It does sound like yet another one was added in yesterday's build, though :)

• Like 1

Not so, there is also an "if all goes well" to be taken into consideration.

This is the Experimental Topic, you are off-topic.

I would like some feedback on sickness & disease (if working or not).

Thanks.

I can't get sick from drinking water from any source currently. I have done like others in here by drinking water almost to the point where i'm going to vomit but yet no change to my health nor getting messages that i'm not feeling well. I left my character idle for nearly 20 mins letting my orange "Stuffed" status fade to yellow and still nothing about getting sick from drinking non-purified water. 

......bummer dude. 

My character slid off some steps into an artificial pond while filling a canteen.  The pond is at the Camp North of Berezino and is surrounded by a concrete retaining wall. There is no way out other then the steps on the dock that do not go all the way to the bottom,  This means you just sort of swim under the steps rather that stepping back onto them.  To get out, I had to swim under the steps and log out, once I logged back in my character was standing on the steps again.

Now that I have some charcoal tabs I'll be looking for trouble and seeing if I can get sick.

I am now carrying a pick axe for melee, have not had a chance to try it out yet.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

The new zombies are awful. They appear to have gained telekinetic powers, being able to hit you with invisible forces several meters ahead of their arms.

I am hoping this is a bug, but part of me is fearing that this is your idea of a 'solution' to players circle-strafing them.

Single zombies *should* be easy to kill. Hordes of zombies should be dangerous.

• Like 1

My character slid off some steps into an artificial pond while filling a canteen.  The pond is at the Camp North of Berezino and is surrounded by a concrete retaining wall. There is no way out other then the steps on the dock that do not go all the way to the bottom,  This means you just sort of swim under the steps rather that stepping back onto them.  To get out, I had to swim under the steps and log out, once I logged back in my character was standing on the steps again.

This is a bug in EXP.  It happens on every pond that has a dock, instead of walking back up the steps to the dock, he swims through the steps.  Just keep swimming under dock and he will pop out on land.

Now that I have some charcoal tabs I'll be looking for trouble and seeing if I can get sick.

I am now carrying a pick axe for melee, have not had a chance to try it out yet.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to drown in both 0.54 and 0.55 as well. Several times I've tried to kill myself via ducking into the ocean, which worked in the past, to no avail.

The new zombies are awful. They appear to have gained telekinetic powers, being able to hit you with invisible forces several meters ahead of their arms.

I am hoping this is a bug, but part of me is fearing that this is your idea of a 'solution' to players circle-strafing them.

Remember, this is only the 3rd iteration of the brand new infected AI and it still needs A LOT of work.

Very little of what's being tested right now is permanent.

It sounds like you may be experiencing a lot of lag , desynch, and server instability.

Infected performance is much better for me on the 2 lowest ping servers I can find (15-30 ping averages).

Last night, though it was blindingly fast, I could see most of the frames as an infected beat on me with their claws.

I also believe single zombies should be a threat if you do not have a ranged weapon.

Tangling with a rage zombie at point blank range should be very risky.

Once we get the new character movement system in place it will be more important to critique the interactions.

*I've been wondering if the fact that we are running on legacy movement/animation systems and infected are running on the new movement/animation system if this alone creates unforeseen and possibly crippling bugs.

Meaning we may need to see the new animation and movement system in place before things smooth out more with melee and possibly client performance.

(* = Speculation of a layman)

• Like 1

They were in the last build from the 25th, but the only one in an "obvious" spot is Kometa, at Topolka Dam, so I'm not surprised that you didn't stumble upon one in your travels.

It does sound like yet another one was added in yesterday's build, though :)

I guess "obvious" is relative, as I travel mostly across the north, Pobeda should have been obvious to me.  Topolka Dam I may have passed once while racing north as a fresh spawn  :P I'm curious to see all of them though, including that new one.

As far as I can tell, it's impossible to drown in both 0.54 and 0.55 as well. Several times I've tried to kill myself via ducking into the ocean, which worked in the past, to no avail.

I hope it remains impossible, also not losing your gear when swimming unless we get boats to go to the islands. If that were the case I'd be all for loss of gear and drowning.

I wish the servers could stay up longer. Despite the glitchy things I've had a pretty good time with this EXP patch. The server just doesn't stay up long enough to populate. I join up on the next most populated one, and then it resets, repeat.

That's something I noticed too from the players getting disconnected from client not responding. Saw lots yesterday get kicked while I was playing, but the server I was on only restarted once in 3 hours of gameplay.

There's something going on with connections right now, as I read everywhere about servers restarting every 10-20 mins, but no matter what server I'm on, I get messages before they restart, and only once every 2 hour or so.

Maybe this will all be a thing of the past once the architecture gets polished and the netcode refined.

• Like 2

I'm going by the assumption that they'll push this crap to stable tomorrow.

Let's hope not. I was all for the previous build going to stable but not this one. Too much not happening. Whatever went I with the Zeds needs sorting out and I have yet to get sick drinking pond water. The loot distribution seems better and glad to see the recent camp areas now contain loot. Perhaps send previous build to stable and include new stuff to this build with .56 would be best.

I hope it remains impossible, also not losing your gear when swimming unless we get boats to go to the islands. If that were the case I'd be all for loss of gear and drowning.

Other than wanting to respawn elsewhere to gain an advantage, there truly is no reason for suicide by drowning in this game. I won't advocate for or against it, but I will at least say that much about it. The only time suicide is even really necessary is when you're stuck somewhere (inside a building, inside a rock, etc.) and can't get yourself out through any "legitimate" means.

• Like 2

The problem is not the infected themselves, but the netcode. It's all related to "desync". 

I've killed hundreds of infected in the last 0.55 patch and this one, and their hitting pattern gets more "laggy" the more ping and bandwidth numbers you get.

Heck, the first time I spawned yesterday, I didn't find a melee fast enough and had to kill some with my fists. Gotta say it was more efficient and faster than with a fire axe.

• Like 1

I'm going by the assumption that they'll push this crap to stable tomorrow.

This build is hardly "ready for primetime" as you've basically pointed out.

I also think it is fair to imagine that deadlines or expected landmarks may be missed for very good reasons beyond their ability to foresee the outcome of a change in the build.

Very few things in this world go so smoothly that they don't take more effort or time than expected in general.

If 1.0 were to be delayed by months or even a year(!) I wouldn't be all that surprised if it were to make the game a better finished product.

Yeah, I'm not at all of the opinion that killing a single zombie should be "easy" if by easy you mean risk-free. As it is, a battle against a single zombie is easy in that virtually every time you come out the one standing. That said it should come with all sorts of risks from infection, to drawing additional zombies to damage to your equipment.

• Like 1

Other than wanting to respawn elsewhere to gain an advantage, there truly is no reason for suicide by drowning in this game. I won't advocate for or against it, but I will at least say that much about it. The only time suicide is even really necessary is when you're stuck somewhere (inside a building, inside a rock, etc.) and can't get yourself out through any "legitimate" means.

I'm not thinking of drowning being a plus for a player by making it an avenue for suicide. Rather a hazard to a player thinking they can swim 40 miles to prison island with a full pack for some easy pickings.

• Like 1

I'm not thinking of drowning being a plus for a player by making it an avenue for suicide. Rather a hazard to a player thinking they can swim 40 miles to prison island with a full pack for some easy pickings.

With the introduction of both the *real* stamina system and water vehicles, I think you'll get your wish.

• Like 4

Well I had a great time today, admittedly messing about a bit, managed to get a good 10-12 zombies to follow me from Cernaya Polana to Turovo... Started as a bit of an experiment to see how many of them I could lock in the firestation but alas they glitched through the door after I closed it annoyingly.. So instead I decided to herd them along to the next town and see what would happen.. They followed me pretty well, their stamina dropped off and they started moving at just over walking pace which was nice.. Some guy on the hill followed my progress from a distance possibly wondering what the hell I was doing.. It all came to a rather tragic end when I shut myself in a house in Turovo to try and find some food and drinks and my new found infected buddies glitched through the door and trapped me in an upstairs bedroom.. It was fun while it lasted and I shall never forget those guys and gals and their wacky ways!

Alright! Had the chance to test experimental for a few hours yesterday (between 3 and 4 hours) and was pleased to see the new locations finally spawning items. I'd understand for the recent additions, but the updated Devil Castle's new wooden log pub near the parking lot wasn't even spawning anything even in the last 0.55, and those new buildings are in 0.54...

Anyway, other than that, seeing infected in regions previously deserted is a nice addition. I didn't have much difficulty finding them either.

Found a V3S in Polana, then another in Topolniki and a third one in Vavilovo's bus and train terminal. With that, I started making my way around searching for crash sites, and going on a hunt for the plate carrier's attachments, and pistol magazines.

2eklwz4.jpg

2h6d4jc.jpg

Found all 3 possible crash sites on the server. All 3 were UH-1Y smoking Venom choppers, and the first one was a winner. Both the second and third one had pistol grip shotguns and a few bits and pieces I didn't need. But the first one had an M4, mags for it, ammo, a pristine ACOG, a worn RDS, magpul grip and CQB stock.

1z3osuo.jpg

9iblfk.jpg

25tc8lc.jpg

Third crash site had an M65 tan jacket, which is one of my favorite clothing item in the game right now. Was pretty pleased to find it.

On my way to another location, grabbed a hitchhiker who wanted a ride somewhere... 

2yngimb.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased with the current experimental build. Fantastic experience so far.

I'm all set up to continue my adventure. 

2lkegqg.jpg

2ut3xx0.jpg

zskdbq.jpg

On a last note, did anyone notice that guns now gets damaged over time from firing them? Shot about 170 rounds to ruined the damaged suppressor, and the Makarov got "worn" past this stage.

2med0dw.jpg

• Like 7

^Really cool post and pics, Mr. Lowe.

Love the "hitchhiker" shot.

:beans:

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1