eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

DayZ.exe- Application Error

The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

- That's what I get now after downloading the new patch. :(

Same here. Can't play at all because when I connect to the server and my character is loaded it crashes.

"Application popup: DayZ: DayZ.exe - Application Error : The instruction at 0x004d56b3 referenced memory at 0x00000004. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program"

Made a ticket http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=22702

That will happen when everyone and their momma is trying to connect at once.

Yes I know, just giving a report.

• Like 1

Very much enjoyed my run around Elektro just now.. Managed to aggro a good 6-7 zombies and led them to the church and locked them in.. Went and found a few more and led them back to the church and locked them in too.. If you are playing on UK 5 don't go into that church :)

• Like 2

This build is unplayable atm.

- Servers go down extremely often. Happened on average every 5 minutes for me during the last 30 minutes. 

- Zombies lags/teleport a lot due to desync.

- Desync is really bad. 

But performance was good for me. Well, good is maybe not the right word, but i had my FPS between 45-70 all the time. Even in the city. That's at least progress, because i usually have down to 30 FPS. And i have a gtx 980 and 5820K @ 4.5 Ghz. 

Nice to try it out for a few minutes, but i guess its back to H1Z1 for me. I can't play when its so much desync, perfomance issues and server problems. Can't wait til all the new game engine modules are ready because i think they will fix all of these problems. And Dayz is gonna be epic when its actually playable:)

Loot in each town is identical, each house/shed/car spawns about 5 of the same items, same color too (50 blue taloons in Stary Yar, 100 tactical bacons and 50 thermometers).  Move into the next town and find 5 different items but 100's of them.  Nearby military areas spawn the same civilian items as their nearby towns.   The northern convoy had about 10 bananas, 10 blue child's backpacks, 10 pairs of the same glasses and no ammo.  I logged out checked a different server, same location and same problem, just different items, this time only sickles, canned peaches, blue balaclavas and 2 flanged maces.

But performance was good for me. Well, good is maybe not the right word, but i had my FPS between 45-70 all the time. Even in the city. That's at least progress, because i usually have down to 30 FPS. And i have a gtx 980 and 5820K @ 4.5 Ghz.

Yes performance seemed to be very good what I got to test in the 5 mins but I didn't get in any bigger town so hard to say is there any bigger improvement.

The loot is just probably the heatmap for loot distribution being off. It was working fine before so we will have to investigate.

That's good to know because I've just pitched four tents (4)  :o

Thought I was on a camping holiday somewhere in France where all the girls look like Zombies and dance the  :emptycan:  :emptycan:  :D .

Good luck...

• Like 2

FPS is diffidently lower and lots of flickering and disappearing objects , seems that the amount of Z and AI strike the server performance , zombies are very laggy , the desync is enormous , servers restarted every 10min just like with everyone .

Edited by Raptor_i81
  • Like 1

The zombie AI is a great improvement!

I was able to play for a good couple of hours but would experience crashing when population rises (as reported)

Loot is indeed being grouped into areas, regardless of type of building it spawns in.

I've been fighting with a long sword I found in a deer stand (the newer type with the ramp). It had a backpack and food in it as well.

If I see the zombies before they see me, giving them a wide berth is enough not to draw aggro.

Lot's of rubber banding confirmed for me.

I was chased by an invisible zombie at one point but after running for a minute, it was visible.

Found a sporter but no rounds.

My helmet has saved me from a lot of damage from the new infected but I haven't fought more than 2 at a time yet.

Walking to the top of a construction building and seeing just the few infected below filled my heart with joy!  :)

There were a couple of times I thought I should have drawn aggro where I did not.

Twice I nearly ran into an infected in a warehouse doorway and twice I did not catch aggro.

Another time I came upon a zombie within 50 feet and froze, watching it's reaction.

It wasn't quite facing me and took a few moments but eventually looked in my direction and ran towards me.

• Like 2

I have yet to find a server that spawns guns (lots of different ammo though). I am eager to learn how zombies react to gunshot sounds.

I know they know this but

Invisible zombie chased me

Spawned once regularly then server dropped out spawned back in naked in some inner town I cant figure out where just yet with nothing on me at all

Found plenty of syringes peaches bacon a mosin or two I have 3 stones in my inventory now but cant craft a knife

no melee weapons 

and nothing spawning in more than half the buildings and when i do see loot its a dress a syringe a can of peaches or tactical bacon or gloves.. Did find a police car with no loot...

And only saw 2 zombies.

Played for 5 minutes, set up 6 tents for lolz, server crashed, now this:

yWEoVdQ.jpg

Have been unable to do any testing as any server I hop on crashes after <10 minutes. Did manage to test the stealth a bit, was about 20 meters away from a zed and it didn't notice me at all. Lost another one that was chasing after me, as well.

why every server i join reset after 2 min

Yeah same here.. I had a moment where I failed to receive data from the server for about 20 seconds so I alt-tabbed out to write my previous post. When I tabbed back over to the game I had regained connection to the server but I couldnt do anything so I think I will leave the game alone for now and await the devs to make a patch or correct the issues... 

For a first iteration of the new Zeds, beautifull. But completely unplayable atm.

=> Loot messed up, to many server-crashes, lack of important items, rubber-banding, desyncs ...

But I found an amphibia with 22.rounds, but no mag. Could load one round in it and shoot the whole 50 pack out of it without reloading :lol:

Was great fun to see the Zed's new behavior while agroing and getting shot / killed :thumbsup:

I also managed to find out, that you can crouch really near to the Zeds (approx. up to 5 meters). They freeze and look permantly at you, but don't aggro in this case.

Played for 5 minutes, set up 6 tents for lolz, server crashed, now this:

yWEoVdQ.jpg

This memory leak error was in 0.53 and 0.54 also. The hotfix for 0.54 resolved this mostly, but it's back now.

• Like 1

I have yet to find a server that spawns guns (lots of different ammo though). I am eager to learn how zombies react to gunshot sounds.

I feel really lucky, I found an AKM at a wrecked truck in Novo and a short time later I found a full magazine for it in a piano house half the map away. 

The way loot is spawning is not an improvement, that's for sure and an understatement to keep from getting banned or another warning point, again.......  The wrecked convoy had red dresses and brown wool jackets.  I found 2x 5.56 10rnd NATO magazines in the bus barn at the derelict military base and west of that location at a sawmill in the woods, in the storage sheds I find a hand guard for an M4.  

Crazy, I have not seen matches, gloves, rope, burlap sacks, hatchets, either kind of sewing kit or any kind of paint anywhere.  No guns at all except for the one AKM I found and two CR Carbines.  The only back pack I have found is a bright red child's briefcase at a feeding station.  I have not yet been on the coast and I have yet to see a zombie.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Has anyone found any guns yet? 

Found a SKS, along with several brooms and other melee weapons.

Im really interested to see how this is going to effect allot of pure pvp players. Interested to see if they will adapt well or come on the forums screaming and crying for things to change and get easier. Ether way this should reduce the KOS run and gun mentality allot more hopefully. Especially when they start adding even more infected.

It can only make the PvP more interesting and fun :)

Played for 40 mins, without any crash or bug. I just stopped because the server restarted. I really enjoy the bugged loot, it's only temporary so no worries. But foraging and scavenging is more interesting for survival games. (Just my opinion.)

Found a fire axe so I could have fun with the infected. They are really becoming threats now!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

When is the new renderer coming? Since we got improvised zombie AI now, I don't want to constantly die to zombies due FPS drops.

• Like 1

Collected a group of 8 or so infected and we traveled around berezino. FPS seemed good and I didn't experience any significant desync but after I led all of the zombies into a house (and nearly got myself killed) every one of the zombies seemed to get stuck inside, visually anyway. If I re-aggroed them, invisible versions would chase me around while the visible bodies would continue to rotate in whatever direction the invisible zombie was facing.

Some got stuck on other things too like logs and rubble.

Love the variety of attacks while the infected are sprinting. They can hit you while you're running away, running towards them, running next to them - it's great. They seem to turn very smoothly and transition well. Once they're gassed out and no longer sprinting they don't seem quite as dynamic when it comes to their attacks.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 2