eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

DayZ.exe- Application Error

The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

- That's what I get now after downloading the new patch. :(

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186540-my-dayz-crashed-what-do-i-do/

Please report crashes to the feedbacktracker, otherwise there is a chance they end up in the stable build and we get a build in need for a hotfix again.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/186540-my-dayz-crashed-what-do-i-do/

Please report crashes to the feedbacktracker, otherwise there is a chance they end up in the stable build and we get a build in need for a hotfix again.

I fixed it. Went into task manager, closed steam bootstrapper, loaded steam back up and it's playing fine.

• Like 1

I fixed it. Went into task manager, closed steam bootstrapper, loaded steam back up and it's playing fine.

Would report later anyway, had one crash that fixed itself too today on the old build, but took the time to file a ticket. It's never bad to let them know :)

• Like 1

Autoclosing doors is a new feature?  :)  Waiting a servers fix...

large.gif

this guy have the best technique to read post all night!!!!!LOL!!!!

just came back from a few short sessions. Zombies are awesome, sure theres some desync and unwanted things going on, but this will def. be a nice improvment compared to the old ones! :)

I only wish they could perform the attack faster; you can still easily "sidestep" them all.

Apart from that i found two military tens in 1st minute of Cherno square, as before mentioned phantom doors, and tons of high end mil attachments just laying around the normal houses.

Oh and tons of friendly exp. people. I missed that ^_^

Now time for some "will it burn or blow" tests :D

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

Loot spawning was a bit funny, lots of the same type of thing (in may be by area, I didn't make it very far before I had to take over baby duties). For instance I saw tons of sledgehammers, tons of MP-5's, lots of alcohol tincture and lots of firefighter jackets.

• Like 1

just came back from a few short sessions. Zombies are awesome, sure theres some desync and unwanted things going on, but this will def. be a nice improvment compared to the old ones! :)

I only wish they could perform the attack faster; you can still easily "sidestep" them all.

Apart from that i found two military tens in 1st minute of Cherno square, as before mentioned phantom doors, and tons of high end mil attachments just laying around the normal houses.

Oh and tons of friendly exp. people. I missed that ^_^

Now time for some "will it burn or blow" tests :D

Military tents and equipment in civilian areas? Huh?  :huh: I'm wondering if they purposely threw a bunch of guns at us so we could more thoroughly "test" the new zombies? :)

So did everyone lose their character they had from the first .55 update?

I'm looking to find this out as well. I'll be on in about an hour!

Edited by Tatanko

So did everyone lose their character they had from the first .55 update?

Yes. I am pretty sure there was a general wipe.

• Like 3

Its been so far but it has crashed on average once every 5 mins for me so it has been a bit difficult.. I found 2 SPOSN backpacks in a house and bus.. I also filled the backpack with TTSKO jackets that I found in houses as well so I totally agree the loot is very strange.. Only melee weapon I have found is a crowbar.. I have found masses of .45 ammo and some SKS ammo too but zero guns.. And foot is practically non existent in the houses, though I did just find a sprite and peaches in a guard house style thing but it crashed before I could eat and drink so that red starvation isn't going away until I die I don't think!

Zombies seem a lot better but the lack of footsteps is unnerving. Enjoying it when it works and if I could find something with nutritional value and something better to kill zombies with it would be brilliant...

Also, met so many friendly people :)

Anyone else having trouble finding food? It seems like someone or people are going through entire towns clearing every building completely.

Server went down 5  times in a little over and hour. Loot is messed up. Some areas spawn nothing and good luck finding melee too. 

Anyone else having trouble finding food? It seems like someone or people are going through entire towns clearing every building completely.

I wasn't but then I just went back on UK 5 and was finding Sprites and peaches everywhere! Now fully stocked! Also giving my collection of TTSKO jackets to random passers by :) Oh and a crowbar is an awful way to open a tin I just discovered!

I wasn't but then I just went back on UK 5 and was finding Sprites and peaches everywhere! Now fully stocked! Also giving my collection of TTSKO jackets to random passers by :) Oh and a crowbar is an awful way to open a tin I just discovered!

Sledgehammers are even worse!

• Like 1

Try to join the low pop ones, until the crash gets fixed, in those you can see the new implementation pretty well. 

• Like 1

Servers are crashing / loot tables are mixed up, 2 AKM 101's (?)  / loads of .45 bullitz / bandages beer and Press Vests all in the same zone (Prigorodky village).

All are known issues, don't panic tomorrow is another DayZ...

• Like 3

The loot is just probably the heatmap for loot distribution being off. It was working fine before so we will have to investigate.

• Like 2

I'm wondering if they purposely threw a bunch of guns at us so we could more thoroughly "test"

I can only guess, but finding M68 optics and a PU scope where the food used to spawn, made me think so. 

Same for tents, I found them almost everywhere where used to be clothes.

Edit: nope 

Loving the knockback animation, makes it very easy to control the fight once you knock it once. Unconcious time seems to be shortened & the zombies tend to knock you out faster. Or maybe that was just desync at work, need a few more punches :) One of the zombies died after 1st knockout with fists,. Afaik this was harder in 0.54 but again, need to punch a few more. 

Edited by halp

Reported things are known issues. Nothing out of ordinary. The thing is that specific behaviour of zombies with players cause server crash. That should get fixed. If you join a low pop one you can explore the interaction quite well.

• Like 3

Well, as announced servers do crash rather frequently, I seem to get about 5 mins of playtime before each server crash, so I have been alternating between 1pp and 3pp servers to limit the login timer. At first I wasn't too impressed, the servers seemed to struggle, desync and lag all over the place. Players and zombies seemed to teleport around, and zombies were mostly unresponsive or hyperactive. After several serverswitches I finally ended up on a lowpop 1pp that seemed to have been freshly started. I had forgotten where my character was when I crashed last, but I found out that I was standing in the little kiosk on the center of Elektro square between the office building and the police station.

And I was not alone! 7 or 8 zombies were there as well on that square, walking in different directions. The door was open and I had taken the first steps outside to get my bearings, when a couple of zombies facing my direction suddenly aggroed, more followed as they turned and I just instinctly sprinted around the corner towards the market, a minor horde of zombies in full sprint at my heels. Luckily my character had lastly visited a server that only spawned old hockey sticks, so I ran into the market and between the aisles, turned around and took my stand. The aisles only allowed two of them to reach me at a time, and with the new flinching mechanic I managed to hold them off, as I kept swinging the old faithful hockey stick.

It was simply beautiful. It was a genuine zombie experience, like I had always looked forward to being implemented in this game. Combined with the new awesome attack and flinching animations zombies have truly come to life (no pun intended). 0.55 is very promising indeed.

My character died a couple of minutes later when I was surprise ambushed by a silent zombie while looting a house. The fact that they don't currently have footsteps makes those buggers extremely lethal.