eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

This memory leak error was in 0.53 and 0.54 also. The hotfix for 0.54 resolved this mostly, but it's back now.

Ctrl+alt+delete > Taskmanager> end task on steam client (bootstrapper) relaunch steam and it should work.

I'll wait until the fix is in, can't test anything with constantly crashing servers.

I'll wait until the fix is in, can't test anything with constantly crashing servers.

Try a low pop server. I played a good 40 minutes with only two crashes. I know that's not great but it was bearable.

Yeah when I got smacked by a zombie I was so shocked, and then again and again. This hasn't happened in a very long time.

Also noticed they've added a sound for rolling (q/e buttons when in prone).

Try a low pop server. I played a good 40 minutes with only two crashes. I know that's not great but it was bearable.

Tried that, servers just end up filling up on me.

• Like 1

With few exceptions, I keep seeing complaints about the lack of firearms spawning, It would seem that the devs intend that 0.55 be about zed AI and melee combat. They can learn precious little about these subjests, if we are picking zeds off from 100 meters away with automatic weapons.

So, roll your sleeves up, grab a melee weapon, or in the worse case a can of beans and lets go out and wreck some zombies!

• Like 2

With few exceptions, I keep seeing complaints about the lack of firearms spawning, It would seem that the devs intend that 0.55 be about zed AI and melee combat. They can learn precious little about these subjests, if we are picking zeds off from 100 meters away with automatic weapons.

So, roll your sleeves up, grab a melee weapon, or in the worse case a can of beans and lets go out and wreck some zombies!

Honestly I think it has more to do with the broken spawn system atm, as melee weapons are just as hard to come by if not harder. 

But fists seem to be working fine! :)

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 3

Honestly I think it has more to do with the broken spawn system atm, as melee weapons are just as hard to come by if not harder. 

But fists seem to be working fine! :)

Like I said, a can of beans to the head will take the starch out of their sails.

• Like 1

damn, i can't fix that memory leak at all :@ every time i end task steam and re launch it shows up, any other fix ?

I've used fists, a sledgehammer, and a kitchen knife. The sledgehammer was a 1 hit kill, my fists took quite a few (i forgot to count) hits to kill, and the kitchen

knife took a lot of hits to kill zeds. I found a ak74 with 2 clips and even a v3s but lost the ak74 and a clip along with the truck when the server I was on crashed.

Edit: Is anyone else unable to drink from ponds?

Edited by LordBlackwolf

So I tried this exp update I'm impressed zombies are really awesome now just waiting for them to get fixed a little bit. The loot is really bugged lol sooo much .45 acp and SKS ammo and those don't ever spawn in civilian locations and I kept finding sposins and vests. Im still looking for an anti stab vest since the loot is bugged. Half of my time playing I was carrying a sharpened stick since I couldn't find a melee weapon till I came across a hoe. I've crashed 3 times but it wasn't that bad since it wasn't at bad times. Well hopefully the new rifles come in soon and the v3s commando and that spear. BTW since the loot is bugged anyone find a rak yet.

So I tried this exp update I'm impressed zombies are really awesome now just waiting for them to get fixed a little bit. The loot is really bugged lol sooo much .45 acp and SKS ammo and those don't ever spawn in civilian locations and I kept finding sposins and vests. Im still looking for an anti stab vest since the loot is bugged. Half of my time playing I was carrying a sharpened stick since I couldn't find a melee weapon till I came across a hoe. I've crashed 3 times but it wasn't that bad since it wasn't at bad times. Well hopefully the new rifles come in soon and the v3s commando and that spear. BTW since the loot is bugged anyone find a rak yet.

I've only found clips for one. I had found several on the server I was on but I ended up dying because I couldn't find any sodas/canteens/pet bottles so I ended up dying of thirst.

^There's really no reason to die of dehydration if you can find: peaches, beans, apples, or berries.

I got my hydration back with mostly peaches earlier.

• Like 3

Got about 4 hours in tonight. The longest I was able to go without a server resetting was ~45 minutes, but on average it was every 15-20 minutes. Died once after circling around the southern coast, respawned in Novo, and eventually made it all the way to Stary Yar. I'm healthy, well-stocked, and even armed :) It is possible, but it requires checking every single town for different loot in order to get everything you need. In that sense, it's actually a rather simple looting process: you sample what the town has to offer in the first few buildings and then you can pretty much skip over most of the rest of it because it's all the same stuff :P

My biggest issue was desync; I was getting rubberbanding and so were the zombies. I did manage to find a truck in Staroye, but I brought it down to the coast to pick up a friend and some zombies flipped it over  :| They actually attack the V3S now and one or two well-placed hits from them sends a truck flying, leaving you with no control over how and where it lands. Zombies are also impervious to being hit by them at the moment. Hmm.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 3

^There's really no reason to die of dehydration if you can find: peaches, beans, apples, or berries.

I got my hydration back with mostly peaches earlier.

I agree but during my searches it seemed the towns I ran through most of which was inland had been wiped clean of gear and food except some kiwis and

potatoes which I ate till I was at a healthy state but since I couldn't find a backpack to save my life I ran out of food and ended up dying of dehydration. It seems

a lot of places are picked clean or might not be spawning loot which is unlikely.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Thirst is hard to control especially when heli hunting since you can't spam drink anymore. Usually peaches do the job but still most of the time you can't find peaches usually spaghetti or tactical bacon .

Edited by DaNic2553

I was on a UK experimental server just now, which had very strange spawn patterns for loot. I spawned in west of Cherno, all I could find there was pitch forks and burlap sacks. After not finding food anywhere I took a dive off the fire tower and respawned north of Novo. There it got even weirder. I'll just show the picture.

10863972_10206247411607225_4728850377073

Besides the berets and .380 boxes, I also found endless cleavers, .22 boxes, blue beanies, antibiotics and, weirdly, UK assault vests, all DPM camo. Fortunately I also found all the tactical bacon I could eat, so I'm still alive.

Zombies are being weird. At Cherno I tried to lose a zombie by running past a player spawning in, but it ignored him, ran inches past him and kept after me. I did lose it fairly quickly after weaving through the streets, and it went back to idling. But after respawning in Novo, zeds did not seem to notice me at all. I got as close as 30-40 yards with them looking in my direction, but no aggro. I did not proceed closer, because cleavers are shit weapons :p

Still, weirdest experimental build for me so far. Liking the new zombie AI, it seems much more natural than before.

Edited by Sacha

Seems there's a bug with the amphibia pistol if you try to chamber it you can fit 28 rounds in it without a magazine  :huh:

• Like 4

So new zombie animations = yay! 

But now there's no loot, horrible rubber banding, and constant server restarts. I might be missing something but why update experimental and hype it, if you know it's going to be totally broken. 

I'm trying here I really am. 

I got my ass kicked by some kind of Muhammad Ali Zed in Cherno.  Bitch would not stand still and kept spinning around me every time I tried to hit him with a screw driver.  Finally broke my legs and knocked my ass out.

Jeez, next I am driving my truck and the server does a 5 min restart, I run back and am attacked by an invisible zed, bleeding by the time I make it to the truck, which jumps into the air and makes a 90 degree turn before I can open the door, I get away, in the truck finally, and bandage in time though so Saul Goodman.  On the way out of town I get a rubberband effect in the truck where is does some kind of massively sudden acceleration and then makes a high speed turn but does not flip, thankfully.  I need to do some editing it but all the truck stuff is on film or maybe not, the file is corrupted for some reason..

What the hell is the shutter on the V3S and should it be open or closed?

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Why is the server performance so bad ? I thought it would increase with the new zombies.

Why is the server performance so bad ? I thought it would increase with the new zombies.

Bugs dude, bugs. It will be fixed, Have some faith, and remember it's an alpha experimental. People need to understand this imo.

• Like 1