eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126884 Discussion

updated, but didnt see experimental servers. all still down?

.....Silencers do not (yet).

What that means? They hear silenced weapons ?

Yeah, they hear silenced weapons right now.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 1

I think it means that in the coming 0.55 iteration, despite the new stealth features, silenced guns will still trigger zombie aggro. 

• Like 1

Z is coming back :), there are some problems and crashes (known issues). But in general you can expect the following in this iteration :

Zombies do react to sound/visuals. Stance changes affect visibility, clothes do not (yet). Stances and walking affect noises. Silencers do not (yet). Clothes neither (yet). They follow you when you attract them, they walk around and try to find you. There is no group AI yet. There will be. Try the stealth to get the feel of it. There have been no changes to health/damage yet. The absolute number of zombies is set to double the amount, we will try to increase them over time balancing out changes to health/damage.

Also consider the new animations, combo attacks etc. More than 4 zombies can follow you now, be careful.

Other than new v3s animations (wip not final), map changes to reduce wallglitching and loads of bugfixes (vehicles, animals and zombies). Chainsaw is back! 

Animals have gone through loads of bugfixing, including some of the stuck animations, weird movement etc. There are increased numbers and variability. Let the hunting begin!

For this iteration we also turned on the new spawn system (loot), economy and dynamic events (working on persistent servers, they are not affected by restarts and regulary spawn loot)

Eugen Harton

EDIT: There is a snowball effect of our last year of work on sensors, ai and much of the underlying yech. Exciting times ahead. There is loads more work, including item modifications, damage, health, weapons, group ai, terrain etc. But the new zomies consist of new physical controller + sensors + ai + animations etc. Thus it will help with many of the issues that zombies had, its not only stealth. Its clipping, desync, amount, performance, and more. We just need time to tweak it.

mehhh...

i meant

z28.gifz28.gifz28.gifz28.gif

I think it means that in the coming 0.55 iteration, despite the new stealth features, silenced guns will still trigger zombie aggro. 

It might get added by end of the 0.55 cycle. But this is the current state. 

• Like 1

Just updated to experimental and got "bad version"

why do i always have the worse possible timing

fml 

I take it i have to roll back to stable and update back to exp, and hope there wont be another update in meantime?

FU hype, i just wanna get rekt by zombies a few times.

Edited by halp

Just updated to experimental and got "bad version"

why do i always have the worse possible timing

fml 

I take it i have to roll back to stable and update back to exp, and hope there wont be another update in meantime?

FU hype, i just wanna get rekt by zombies a few times.

Neither the client or server is online yet.

• Like 3

Cant wait to get on a server!!!

Thanks for keeping us informed Eugen!

Client is live , servers will be available later.

• Like 3

Neither the client or server is online yet.

My bad, I should've read the tweet more carefully :)

large.gif

I'll be waitin'

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

Chainsaw is back! 

btw- do you know if there are plans for more variety than just "fuel"? the chainsaw taking two-stroke mixture e.g.

470.5 MB incoming11!

:lol:

Edit: was updating from a stable install.

Edited by BioHaze

Actually, I want to aggro as much as I can!!

Its not that bad with low player numbers. the zombies are moving correctly and registering. But there is a known bug in the AI that crashes the server in specific cases. So as the player disconnect it looks like zombies are not reacting at all, when it is the server dying :(

Otherwise once we remove that crash we should be good for proper testing.

• Like 4

Yep was on loaded server and it just crashed.  Anyone else notice that loot is a bit odd?  Lots of morphine injectors.  Found lots of oranges, spaghetti cans but not much else for food.   and fire extinguishers only melee ive seen.  Also found a smersh vest in civilian garage  :P

DayZ.exe- Application Error

The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

- That's what I get now after downloading the new patch. :(

• Like 1